Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2012, 22:56   #61
BHPian

re: Silver Pegasus - 2012 Honda City CE - Updated Index & all Accessories Listed

Better late than never! Well congrats RavenAvi for your new steed! Brilliant review! Any plans on getting remote locking inserted to the car? Will definitely add to the convenience and security for your car.
crux is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2012, 10:07   #62
PhX
BHPian

re: Silver Pegasus - 2012 Honda City CE - Updated Index & all Accessories Listed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Top speed - 140+! (I didn't realise it until I glanced at the speedo, and quickly sanity prevailed).

Average speed - 80 kph.

FE - 18.6 kpl.

Yes, the top speed had me astounded for a minute. Boy, can Pegasus fly or what!
You remember what it was I said about touching my top speed almost without realising it?
PhX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2012, 10:48   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Avi,

What a fantastic review!! I was choked with emotion reading your story which is so full of passion.

Hearty congrats Mate on the great acquisition

You have begun another great thread on the City. Looking forward to great reading experience.

Self in Colombo right now-unwinding with family on the way back home after my tenure of sailing.

Will read your post extensively once home (22nd March) and pour more words of well deserved praise in due course.

Have a great ownership experience and please do entertain us more with your really gifted writing style.

With lots of appreciation,

charthom.
Charthom my friend!

I am so missing you around these parts. Glad to hear that your sailing trip is over and you are relaxing in Colombo. Hows your City doing? Wifey maintaining it nicely? Do post updates as soon as you return home from your vacation.

I am glad you approve! Of course, yours and mdsaab's threads were my first inspirations to go for the King. And now I have the King with me!

Quote:
Colombo is amazing and Sri Lankan car scene is a revelation!! The old City is running here with the name Aria. New City is not available-but the hybrid Insight is a common sight.

Thanks for your kind words about my thread. I am really humbled. I promise to make sincere efforts not to disappoint you.
Old City as in the ZX one? They are calling it Aria? Wonder how they distinguish between that and Tata's Aria!

Indeed, your thread is a milestone for all us City lovers. Can't wait for your updates, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post
You remember what it was I said about touching my top speed almost without realising it?
Oh yes!

I think the VTEC must have kicked in when I touched the 3K mark and that took Pegasus flying past 140 before I knew it! I was too busy admiring the open road and the scenery around me to glance at the speedo then. And when I looked, wow!

An Indigo CS travelling at about 90-ish speeds never knew when the i-VTEC-powered Pegasus went whistling past it in a flash! Talk about getting smoked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crux View Post
Better late than never! Well congrats RavenAvi for your new steed! Brilliant review! Any plans on getting remote locking inserted to the car? Will definitely add to the convenience and security for your car.
Thanks so much, crux. Remote locking is a given, considering the things I have got fitted in my car. Thinking of getting it done at the dealer's, instead of at the local accessory guy's store. After the HU debacle I don't have too much confidence in my local stores anymore.

For now though, the Immobiliser Anti-Theft central locking will have to do. I think it's pretty good protection in itself, considering the area I live in.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2012, 12:39   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks so much, crux. Remote locking is a given, considering the things I have got fitted in my car. Thinking of getting it done at the dealer's, instead of at the local accessory guy's store. After the HU debacle I don't have too much confidence in my local stores anymore.

For now though, the Immobiliser Anti-Theft central locking will have to do. I think it's pretty good protection in itself, considering the area I live in.
Do so with the guys at Honda, itself. Sure it might be a little expensive but it definitely will be safer and more reliable than the aftermarket kits.

Oh and the vtec rush is definitely addictive

Last edited by crux : 18th March 2012 at 13:04.
crux is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 11:39   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Colombo is amazing and Sri Lankan car scene is a revelation!!

Need some scoop pics buddy

The old City is running here with the name Aria.

Aria isn't it a musical term related to opera. Damn right if it is, City is a opera, the driver conducts it.

New City is not available-but the hybrid Insight is a common sight.

Hybrid, you mean electric / petrol in City? Wow a small country like Sri Lanka are so envt. conscious are look at India. There's a lesson here.

Thanks for your kind words about my thread. I am really humbled. I promise to make sincere efforts not to disappoint you.

Looking forward mate

Lots of love,

charthom.

All Replies in bold.
Old 19th March 2012, 12:50   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
New City is not available-but the hybrid Insight is a common sight.

Hybrid, you mean electric / petrol in City? Wow a small country like Sri Lanka are so envt. conscious are look at India. There's a lesson here.

All Replies in bold.
Slightly OT - Arup, I think charthom is referring to the Honda Insight hybrid (yet to be launched in India).

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-705482.jpg

Details here - 2012 Honda Insight Hybrid Overview - Official Honda Site

Quote:
Aria isn't it a musical term related to opera. Damn right if it is, City is a opera, the driver conducts it.
Beautiful line! I am going to quote you to my friends the next time Pegasus is a topic of discussion.

An opera in motion, indeed! I agree 100%. And I am proud to be the opera's conductor!

----------

This is how Pegasus looks after getting his tints (one cool unicorn, I must say! )

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20120319-12.19.02_2.jpg

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20120319-12.19.24_2.jpg

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20120319-12.19.37_2.jpg

Update - Ordered the Jopasu Car Duster kit from Ebay two days back. Expecting the delivery within the next few days. It's imperative to have one for Pegasus, because my city is very dusty.

Still trying to source the Kagu 3D mats, but have put it in the back burner for now. Maybe I'll get lucky when I visit Raipur for the first service (to get my alloys fixed).

Also, the dealer guys have yet to send me my TRC, so registration is still hanging. Hopefully that should be done within this week itself.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 7th December 2013 at 18:02.
Old 19th March 2012, 13:49   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Slightly OT - Arup, I think charthom is referring to the Honda Insight hybrid (yet to be launched in India).

Thanks for the heads up Avi. You're poisoning my mind

Update - Ordered the Jopasu Car Duster kit from Ebay two days back.

That's a great thing to have. By the way I noticed that you park your car in the open. May be you can think of covering it up after using the jopasu wand. It'll help the paint stay protected from the harsh sun.

Since your paint is new, you should do a nice wax / paint sealant job. That way the luster (the freshness of the paint) would remain much much longer. Ask me it's been six month and my bold beige metallic is still shining like new.

Expecting the delivery within the next few days. It's imperative to have one for Pegasus, because my city is very dusty.
All replies in bold.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 15:34   #68
Senior - BHPian

Hi Avi,

Pegasus looking cool after the tints. But why the antenna is bent? Please take care of that little thing(from bending and theft) as it costs over 1K.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 16:51   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up Avi. You're poisoning my mind

That's a great thing to have. By the way I noticed that you park your car in the open. May be you can think of covering it up after using the jopasu wand. It'll help the paint stay protected from the harsh sun.

Since your paint is new, you should do a nice wax / paint sealant job. That way the luster (the freshness of the paint) would remain much much longer. Ask me it's been six month and my bold beige metallic is still shining like new.

All replies in bold.
Ah, but the mind is meant to be poisoned!

Ha, but no. Pegasus and Herbie (our Esteem) have a long parking garage at their disposal. I took the cover off and took Pegasus out of the garage to give him a nice little wash and clean all his glasses with newspapers, to make him shiny. Also pulled out all the floor mats supplied by the dealer (velcro type), to clean and dust them. Gosh, it gets dirty so fast if you don't pay attention to it.

I forgot to mention - I have ordered a small vacuum cleaner for Pegasus as well. Some Taiwanese brand (forgot the name) which costs around 1900/-. My accessory guy says it's pretty effective and reliable. Should get it in the next couple days. Boy, Pegasus needs it!

Thanks for the sealant job heads-up, Arup. I had forgotten about it. Will ask the dealer if they do this, and will get it done there. No way am I getting any local guys to do this. In fact, I am done with the local guys.

Pegasus parked outside home.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20120319-15.40.21_2.jpg

The open parking garage beckons.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20120319-15.40.48_2.jpg

Pegasus neatly parked inside.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20120319-15.44.26_2.jpg

Look at those rear lines! Is it evident that I am totally swept off my feet yet?!

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20120319-15.45.02_2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Hi Avi,

Pegasus looking cool after the tints. But why the antenna is bent? Please take care of that little thing(from bending and theft) as it costs over 1K.
Thanks, my friend. Yes I was alarmed about the antenna as well. I had covered Pegasus up after my trip on Saturday so that it gets a nice little rest through the weekend. First thing I notice when I take the car cover off is the bent antenna! Although it wasn't bent a great deal and slowly returned to normal-ish position after a bit of very delicate cajoling by my hands, it is indeed a very sensitive thing like you said. The cover is pretty tight - I must think of some way to keep the cover on and not get the antenna bent. One way is to cut out that part of the car cover which covers the antenna, but then it would become useless when rains arrive. The cover BTW, comes with extensions to cover both the ORVMs, but no extension for the antenna. What to do? Will see if I can get a cover which provides some space for the antenna as well.

I am open to suggestions though.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 7th December 2013 at 18:03.
Old 19th March 2012, 17:06   #70
Team-BHP Support

Hey, I was going through the sunfilm installation pics; has it been installed from the outside for the passenger windows?

Pics 9, 10 and 11 in that post seem to suggest so. If the film has indeed been installed on the outside, why so? This seems to be a first.

Also, for the rear windshield, has it been installed outside or from the inside?
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 17:08   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The cover BTW, comes with extensions to cover both the ORVMs, but no extension for the antenna. What to do? Will see if I can get a cover which provides some space for the antenna as well.

I am open to suggestions though.
The original Honda cover has extension space for antenna as well and I always put the antenna cap first and then cover rest parts.

If your cover has no extension cap then it is better to unscrew the antenna and keep it in car or home when you cover it.

Last edited by bluevolt : 19th March 2012 at 17:10.
Old 19th March 2012, 17:17   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Hey, I was going through the sunfilm installation pics; has it been installed from the outside for the passenger windows?

Pics 9, 10 and 11 in that post seem to suggest so. If the film has indeed been installed on the outside, why so? This seems to be a first.

Also, for the rear windshield, has it been installed outside or from the inside?
Hey libran,

Nope. The accessory guy was doing measurements from the outside that's why he placed it on the outside of the windows first. Once he did his measurements and cutting, he stuck the film from the inside.

Same for the rear windshield as well. It's a set of 5 rolls of sun film (cut) stuck from the inside, without any gaps between them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
The original Honda cover has extension space for antenna as well and I always put the antenna cap first and then cover rest parts.

If your cover has no extension cap then it is better to unscrew the antenna and keep it in car or home when you cover it.
Hmm I didn't get an antenna cap. Thanks for informing me about this, BV. I demanded for a car cover before signing the cheque (mdsaab-style), and I think they tossed in a cheaper one, instead of the original Honda one. Looks like I have to buy it from them on my next visit. *sigh*

Will ask the dealer guys to tell me how to unscrew the antenna carefully without breaking it. Thanks, BV.
Old 19th March 2012, 17:55   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Same for the rear windshield as well. It's a set of 5 rolls of sun film (cut) stuck from the inside, without any gaps between them.
Since the car has a rear defogger, it is ideal that sunfilm on the rear windshield is installed on the outside.

There's very less likelihood of there being any problem because of it so nothing to lose sleep over.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 19:08   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Pegasus and Herbie (our Esteem) have a long parking garage at their disposal.

Long Parking !! I'd bet I can squeeze in a 1 BHK in that space. But yeah, its great to have Pegasus in shade.

Gosh, it gets dirty so fast if you don't pay attention to it.

3D Kagu mat is the way to go.

Thanks for the sealant job heads-up, Arup. I had forgotten about it. Will ask the dealer if they do this, and will get it done there.

Dealers, I'm very skeptical because they charge you a bomb for doing even simple little things. Besides you are never around when Pegasus is inside the spa. Speak to them if they can give you a 3M paint protection and insist on a warranty card.

Personally I never go to the dealers for such jobs. I prefer DIY job. Yes it does require some bit of investment to get the stuff and some muscles. End of the day you get a new shining baby with a free gym session. This is how I did mine

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2673341

Hope this helps mate. All replies are in bold.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 19:19   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will ask the dealer guys to tell me how to unscrew the antenna carefully without breaking it. Thanks, BV.
It's very simple job, you simply have to unscrew it by holding the lower part of the antenna. The procedure is described in owner manual also.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks