Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2012, 21:36   #76
BHPian

re: Silver Pegasus - 2012 Honda City CE - Updated Index & all Accessories Listed

Congratulations RavenAvi. You seems to be a tall guy -- any difficulty for getting in and out frequently from a low car? The refreshed ANHC looks stunning from both front and rear. Incidentally, mine is the same color as yours (Alabaster silver).

I remember reading that you plan to retain this car for the next 10 years. So wishing you the very best for a safe, secure and pleasurable motoring, all those years. Take care.

Last edited by B103 : 19th March 2012 at 21:40.
B103 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 22:08   #77
BHPian

re: Silver Pegasus - 2012 Honda City CE - Updated Index & all Accessories Listed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Charthom my friend!

I am so missing you around these parts. Glad to hear that your sailing trip is over and you are relaxing in Colombo. Hows your City doing? Wifey maintaining it nicely? Do post updates as soon as you return home from your vacation.
Avi,

Have not seen the City yet :-( I came from Montreal and the family from Kochi-had a re-union at Colombo air port on the 9th).

Wifey is claiming to have been taking good care of the car-hope so

Quote:
I am glad you approve! Of course, yours and mdsaab's threads were my first inspirations to go for the King. And now I have the King with me!
Nobody can resist such a great review Avi-how can man write about machine with more intimate touch than you? I am so glad to have influenced you,even if it is just a drop.

Quote:
Old City as in the ZX one? They are calling it Aria? Wonder how they distinguish between that and Tata's Aria!
The first gen City is named City itself. 2nd and 3rd are Aria.4th and 5th gen(mine and yours) are not available.Brio too is not available. Jazz is Fit.
Main representatives are Insight and Civic.There are many other variants as well-SUVs including CR-V etc.

OT-Tata Aria is not to be seen and they seem not to care for Tata much.The roads are full of Luxury cars and brands.Half the cars are Toyota Prados. Nano is running as budget taxi.

Plenty of Priuses here-Sri Lankans do care for the environment.

Quote:
Indeed, your thread is a milestone for all us City lovers. Can't wait for your updates, my friend.
Can't believe this.I am overjoyed.So humbled and moved by your comradeship. Will soon update on the City experience.Can't wait for 22nd to reach home.

Last edited by charthom : 19th March 2012 at 22:17.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 22:09   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Since the car has a rear defogger, it is ideal that sunfilm on the rear windshield is installed on the outside.

There's very less likelihood of there being any problem because of it so nothing to lose sleep over.
Ah, I knew I was missing something with the sunfilm installation. Thanks for the heads up, libran my friend. But I already got the film installed on the inside. Will it be okay, or do I need to get it removed? The area I live in gets a lot of rains throughout the year, and I will need the defogger a lot. What do you suggest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Long Parking !! I'd bet I can squeeze in a 1 BHK in that space. But yeah, its great to have Pegasus in shade.

LOL!

3D Kagu mat is the way to go.

I know, and it's imperative to get them as well. In my must-get list for the next 2-3 months.

Dealers, I'm very skeptical because they charge you a bomb for doing even simple little things. Besides you are never around when Pegasus is inside the spa. Speak to them if they can give you a 3M paint protection and insist on a warranty card.

Personally I never go to the dealers for such jobs. I prefer DIY job. Yes it does require some bit of investment to get the stuff and some muscles. End of the day you get a new shining baby with a free gym session. This is how I did mine

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2673341 (Honda City - Live your dream)

Very true. But I don't have a choice - I have seen the efficiency of my local accessory guys and the feedback of garages around these parts isn't too encouraging as well. The dealer might charge a lot but at least the work might be done efficiently. That's why I got all that stuff done at the dealer's before I took delivery. Let me see if they can do a 3M Paint protection job (with warranty). They offered me 3M Teflon job & 3M Anti-Rust job (I chose the latter), so I think 3M Paint Protection should be available as well.

Just went through your self-done Paint job. Very neat and commendable! Looks like I ll have to sit down and flex some muscles to do it as well, if I can!
Replies in bold, Arup my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
It's very simple job, you simply have to unscrew it by holding the lower part of the antenna. The procedure is described in owner manual also.
Thanks, BV. My baby Isha keeps me awake till late so I ll grab the owner manual tonight and give it a look. Should be easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
Congratulations RavenAvi. You seems to be a tall guy -- any difficulty for getting in and out frequently from a low car? The refreshed ANHC looks stunning from both front and rear. Incidentally, mine is the same color as yours (Alabaster silver).

I remember reading that you plan to retain this car for the next 10 years. So wishing you the very best for a safe, secure and pleasurable motoring, all those years. Take care.
Thanks so much, B103! Yes I am exactly 6'0", but I have no problem getting in and out of Pegasus. Remember I am used to driving the Esteem (the most low-slung car in Indian history, IMO, feels like you are gliding parallel to the road itself!) and also the M800 before Pegasus (a low-slung car as well).

Compared to them, the City feels at a nice height. Ingress is no problem as the doors open wide, and I think the tweaked GC has added a little bit to the height of the car as well (I feel it when I am driving). Haven't bumped my head even once so far when getting in!

Have gone through your thread in much detail, my friend. I am considering the 195/65/R15 upgrade as well (it's a matter of sourcing the tyres), and if I don't get them, then the normal 195/60 upgrade is a definite. Hopefully it should be soon after I get my alloys fitted.

I have grown quite fond of Pegasus in these 2 weeks since he has come into my life. 10 years is a definite (and a promise to myself). As long as my job keeps the petrol bills at bay, I am not complaining! Thank you so much for your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Avi,

Have not seen the City yet :-( I came from Montreal and the family from Kochi-had a re-union at Colombo air port on the 9th).

Wifey is claiming to have been taking good care of the car-hope so

Nobody can resist such a great review Avi-how can man write about machine with more intimate touch than you? I am so glad to have influenced you,even if it is just a drop.

The first gen City is named City itself. 2nd and 3rd are Aria.4th and 5th gen(mine and yours) are not available.Brio too is not available. Jazz is Fit.
Main representatives are Insight and Civic.There are many other variants as well-SUVs including CR-V etc.

OT-Tata Aria is not to be seen and they seem not to care for Tata much.The roads are full of Luxury cars and brands.Half the cars are Toyota Prados. Nano is running as budget taxi.

Plenty of Priuses here-Sri Lankans do care for the environment.

Can't believe this.I am overjoyed.So humbled and moved by your comradeship. Will soon update on the City experience.Can't wait for 22nd to reach home.
Ah, so 22nd March will be a date you are waiting eagerly on. I am sure Mrs Charthom will have dutifully done her job and kept the City spic and span.

Thanks, my friend. Words flow from the heart, when you are attached to someone so dearly. Glad you approve!

Honda Aria - sounds slightly freaky (maybe because we are used to Tata Aria around our parts). Strange that our generation City is not available there (maybe this gen City and the Brio are Honda's specific-market cars, like Thailand/India). Fit is the international name for Jazz so that's understandable. Civic is available in all markets around the world and is quite popular, so that's understandable as well.

But like Arup said, it's great to see our neighbors be so environment conscious and go for the Honda Insight & the Toyota Prius, ergo it's popularity there. Our government needs to promote this in our country as well, and that should encourage more makers to bring in these superb hybrids.

Dad says diesel hybrids are the future - and I agree with him. Maybe in the next 15-20 years?

OT - Nanos are a big hit down there, maybe because of it's price and it's sheer usability as a city commuter (best choice for a taxi). They sure know their brands, don't they?

Come back soon, dear friend. Can't wait to read about your updates!

-------------

It was very hot today (around mid-30s, for March this is hot), and Pegasus's AC wasn't effective till he had the sun on his back.

A tip for all guys struggling with their car ACs on hot days - The in-car airflow mode works much quicker than the fresh-air mode to cool down the cabin.

When I got out of office at 3:45 PM in the afternoon, I quickly got the windows down and started the fan on fresh-air mode after cranking up the engine. By the time I reversed and turned around to the exit gates, the cabin's hot air was replaced by slightly warm fresh air. Immediately, windows were up, fresh-air mode was changed to in-cabin mode, and AC blower was started at "2" position. The cabin was nice and cool by the time I came out on the road, with the sun behind me. Best way to tackle that afternoon heat.

After the cabin has cooled enough (you feel the chill on your fingers), feel free to switch back to fresh-air mode. That should bring the cabin's chill to normal-ish temperatures. Or if you don't prefer this, you can continue with the in-cabin mode and be nice and chilly throughout your ride home. But beware, constant lower body temperature from the environment around you when you get out of your car can result in health problems.

One more point to note - don't point the AC vents towards your face. Keep them slightly down (pointed at your chest/stomach area), and it will keep you sufficiently chilled. Chilly air blowing at your face could be a distraction, plus make your fingers chilly when they are wrapped around the steering wheel. Best way to distribute the chill throughout the cabin is to keep the Fan Direction Mode set at "Face-Feet", instead of "Face-direct".

Hope this helps those who are facing hot days in March, like me.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 20th March 2012 at 22:14.
Old 20th March 2012, 22:19   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ah, I knew I was missing something with the sunfilm installation. Thanks for the heads up, libran my friend. But I already got the film installed on the inside. Will it be okay, or do I need to get it removed? The area I live in gets a lot of rains throughout the year, and I will need the defogger a lot. What do you suggest?
Don't remove it. Removing it now will definitely damage the wires IMO. There is no harm from getting the film installed from inside but the installer must make sure he doesn't cut any heater wire which I hope is not the case.

It's Ok and don't take tension. Enjoy!
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 08:41   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't remove it. Removing it now will definitely damage the wires IMO. There is no harm from getting the film installed from inside but the installer must make sure he doesn't cut any heater wire which I hope is not the case.

I would agree with Bluevolt over here Raven. Its more than 3 years now that I fitted the film from inside on the rear windshield. I have used the rear defogger on a couple of occasions during rains, no problem whatsoever to the film. But an advise here switch off the defogger as soon as it clears the mist.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2012, 05:41   #81
BHPian

Quote:

As regards savings, let's do a bit of comparison.

Corporate vs S MT (the next VFM offering in the City range) :-

My Pegasus :-

OTR with Temp Registration - 8,24,970/- + 50,050/- (RTO) + 36,170/- (ICE) = 9,11,190/-

What I lose - Steering mounted audio controls, 5-spoke alloys, OEM HU + 4 Speakers, driver seat height adjuster (lever type), Keyless entry, Front armrest, Cupholder in rear armrest, vanity mirror, coat hanger, seat pocket on passenger seat, plus an overdose of chrome/silver treatment and beige interiors.

What I gain - A latest touchscreen Pioneer HU, Focals & JBLs, illuminated side-step garnishes, the new 10-spoke alloys, all-black interiors, and ~54K as savings in my pocket.

Now you tell me, which one is the better deal?
Better late than never - Congrats on your new acquisition and as said, "dher hua par durusth hua". That comes in amply in your thread which is a deserving 5 star candidate. A very different review that brings lots of passion as is evident in your writing but has lots of insights - as your notings above show.

From where did you order the Llumar Sun Film? I need to put sunfilm but divided between Garware's Icecool or 3M and Llumar. With the fiscal year ending, am tied up with office matters and will be getting it done in April 1st week.

With your little princess around, I think this is a terrific acquisition. Will keep revisiting the thread for updates.
aaren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2012, 18:17   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I would agree with Bluevolt over here Raven. Its more than 3 years now that I fitted the film from inside on the rear windshield. I have used the rear defogger on a couple of occasions during rains, no problem whatsoever to the film. But an advise here switch off the defogger as soon as it clears the mist.
Thanks, BV & AI.

It was a direct stick to the rear windshield from the inside, guys. Nothing was cut or removed. The accessory guy took measurements, cut 5 rolls of sunfilm (4 in equal strips, 1 slightly broader than the rest to cover the bottom part of the rear windshield's glass) and stuck them directly on the inside.

No wires cut, no panel removed, nothing of the sort was done. I am yet to use the rear defogger, but will get the work checked by the Honda guys during my first service, to be safe. Thanks for the heads-up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
Better late than never - Congrats on your new acquisition and as said, "dher hua par durusth hua". That comes in amply in your thread which is a deserving 5 star candidate. A very different review that brings lots of passion as is evident in your writing but has lots of insights - as your notings above show.

From where did you order the Llumar Sun Film? I need to put sunfilm but divided between Garware's Icecool or 3M and Llumar. With the fiscal year ending, am tied up with office matters and will be getting it done in April 1st week.

With your little princess around, I think this is a terrific acquisition. Will keep revisiting the thread for updates.
Hey Aaren my friend!

Oh yes, a year long search is finally over! Thank you so much for the kind words. I am glad you liked my report so far.

I got the Llumars from Raipur through my local accessory guy. All shops in my city sell only Garware stuff, which I was advised against by most of my Team-BHP friends, so I went for Llumar. 3M is a great choice as well, but is costlier than Llumar (also hard to get from Raipur). And the way sunfilm installation is done around my parts, ordering costly sunfilm and be at the mercy of these guys wouldn't have been advisable.

As it is, I am pretty satisfied with Llumar's tints. They are very helpful in keeping the mid-day and afternoon heat out, and combined by Pegasus's wonderful AC, keeps me nice and chilled inside. If you want some quality sunfilm, definitely 3M is the way to go. Llumar is the best option if you are on a budget. They certainly get a thumbs up from me. Yes, March is upon all of us. I am tied down with office work myself. Keep us posted on how your sunfilm work goes.

Isha loves Pegasus! The 5-6 times she has travelled with him, she marvels at the interiors with wide, unblinking eyes and her mouth half open! Obviously she loves the changing scenes outside the windows and windscreens when Pegasus is moving, and doubly checks to see if we are still or moving as well!

I feel very safe inside Pegasus with little Isha. It's like being inside a fort, keeping her warm, snug and completely safe.

On hindsight, I am glad I went for the City. It gives me a sense of complete safety and security when I am driving with my family inside. You can compromise on anything, but you can't compromise on safety. Thank you, Honda!

-------------

It's been 3 weeks now since Pegasus rode into our lives.

His overall FE has set itself at 15.4 kpl so far, and that's a mix of 50% in-city driving and 50% highway runs so far, and with AC on 100% of the time.

Riding has been plush and butter smooth, and several of my friends who have driven him have commented "kya makkhan jaisi chalti hai!" The engine has also settled down nicely, and the early morning cold start noise has reduced to a deep, throaty growl. As soon as the 2nd gear slots in, the growl disappears and is replaced by an almost-silent humming. The engine is super silent when the clutch is pressed, and only by tapping the accelerator can one deduce if the engine is on or not.

I was very apprehensive initially about Pegasus's reversing and parking in tight spaces. But, everyday, I have taken him to my office and squeezed him into small spaces with ample shade (we have covered parking for 2-wheelers only), and then reversed him to get out of them to ride back home, I haven't yet felt the need for a reverse camera or sensors. The wide ORVMs do their job adequately and the IRVM is competently good as well. Reversing from our parked garage space at home is not a problem either. Ditching the idea of reverse camera/sensors for now.

Like my other friends have mentioned, I have felt the slight shudders from Pegasus's steering wheel when the reverse gear/1st gear is engaged. Depressing the accelerator pedal a bit more makes them go away, but I think this is a quality inherent in all Citys. The engine doesn't like these two gears for some odd reason (gear ratios? tuning?), and the 1st gear's throw is really short (or so I feel). It's only on the 2nd gear onwards that the i-VTEC really comes into it's own and shines. The pull is so clean that at times I am over 50 kph and still in 2nd gear without knowing it! No engine strain noise, nothing to indicate this. The i-VTEC is awesome, and very worthy of all the praise it is getting ever since it's inception.

And to complete this post, a few more pics from T-BHP members who have requested them through PMs. Here you go, guys!

Driver door storage spaces. Can take a 1-liter bottle and a folded magazine/newspaper.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-img2012032400074_2.jpg

Rear door storage - no room for bottles, just magazine/newspaper space.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-img2012032400075_2.jpg

Honda compensates the lack of rear door storage space by giving not 1, not 2, but THREE bottle spaces for the rear passengers between the front seats, as I posted earlier.

Child locks provided on both rear doors.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-img2012032400076_2.jpg

Front passenger's door and it's storage spaces - for a 1-liter bottle, for a magazine/newspaper, and for your mobile/wallet.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-img2012032400079_2.jpg

Combine 1-liter bottle spaces in both front doors, with two 1-liter bottle spaces up front below the AC controls, and three in the middle between the front seats, that makes a total of SEVEN 1-liter bottle spaces throughout. If you need any more, you can get front seat covers with inbuilt rear storage spaces.

Or, if you need to carry a basketful of bottles, just open the boot and chuck them in!

Space inside glove box. Can carry at least 2 500-ml bottles, if not more.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-img2012032400080_2.jpg

To give you an idea of the glovebox space, that's a standard CD case placed inside.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-img2012032400081_2.jpg

The place where the VIN number and Engine Number are embedded. Below, to the right of the front passenger sill (the black rectangular area).

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-img2012032400083_2.jpg

Open the driver door and look down below on the sill to find the recommended tyre pressures sticker.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-img2012032400086_2.jpg

Driver seat and front passenger seat have adjustable headrests. Headrests lock only at the bottom groove though.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-img2012032400087_2.jpg

Rear passengers get integrated headrests.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-img2012032400088_2.jpg

The front windscreen washer. 3-way jet spray (in a triangle, like the Predator's target beam). Fairly wide holes.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-img2012032400092_2.jpg

Seat belt manufacturer's certification tag, behind the driver's seat below.

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-img2012032400089_2.jpg

That's it for now. Catch you all soon with more updates as soon as I finish off tackling Annual March Closing at my office.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 7th December 2013 at 18:13.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2012, 19:33   #83
Senior - BHPian

Its such a pleasure to read your posts, thank you very much for the constant updates RavenAvi. I see you are enjoying your ownership experience so far, .

Just thought I'll pick only this part of the post and clarify here. Defogger filaments are inside the layer of rear glass, they are neither outside, nor inside and hence no sun-film will damage the operation of defogger.

I have always had sun films on my rear glass and never had any problems with the defogger. It is a misconception that defogger filaments will be damaged by installation of sun-film.

Quote:
Thanks, BV & AI.

It was a direct stick to the rear windshield from the inside, guys. Nothing was cut or removed. The accessory guy took measurements, cut 5 rolls of sunfilm (4 in equal strips, 1 slightly broader than the rest to cover the bottom part of the rear windshield's glass) and stuck them directly on the inside.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2012, 16:37   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Its such a pleasure to read your posts, thank you very much for the constant updates RavenAvi. I see you are enjoying your ownership experience so far.

Just thought I'll pick only this part of the post and clarify here. Defogger filaments are inside the layer of rear glass, they are neither outside, nor inside and hence no sun-film will damage the operation of defogger.

I have always had sun films on my rear glass and never had any problems with the defogger. It is a misconception that defogger filaments will be damaged by installation of sun-film.
Thanks so much, bala. And thanks for clarifying about the defogger. A big relief.

I know a bit of time has passed since my last update, but office work (specially March Closing) had got to me big time, plus my darling 4-month old Isha doesn't give me even 1 minute of free time when I am back home.

In-between though, there has been plenty of in-city driving, a rash moment which has proved costly to my dear steed, Pegasus got his numbers, Jopasu Car Duster kit got delivered, and short trips of 20-25 kms in and around my city.

The Rash Moment:-

Last Tuesday, I was in a bit of a hurry since I had to pay off the accessory guy's final installment for his work on Pegasus, and return back to office after lunch break to finish a ton of urgent work. Reversing as usual in the office compound between a M800 and a Santro, I failed to see a bike parked between them in the shade (totally my mistake, I usually take a short survey of the whole scene behind me before I get into Pegasus, maybe I noticed the bike but was pre-occupied with some other stuff to keep it in mind when reversing). The ORVMs also didn't show it (because the car was turning), and...

*BUMP!* and *CRASH!*THUD!*

Wincing and gritting my teeth, I got out, fearing the worst. And my fears were true. Instead of toppling backwards, the bike had toppled TOWARDS Pegasus (maybe because it was on it's side stand, instead of center stand), scratched it badly, and had fallen down. I picked the bike up and checked the damage on Pegasus. A long, ugly paint-chipped scar on the left of the rear bumper greeted me, along with scratchy-swirl marks some distance below it (caused by the handle of the bike no doubt).

I gritted my teeth so hard the teeth might have broken inside my mouth! But what was done, was done. Got back into Pegasus and drove off.

In the evening, I picked up the T-BHP sticker set and chose another one, to cover the bulging scar. After a few tries of sticking/taking off/sticking, finally the deed was done. The sticker looks outlandish and out of place, but at least it is covering the scar. Planning to get the paint job done during the first service later this week.

Which reminds me - my first service was due in the first week of April itself, but due to office work I couldn't get it scheduled. Called the dealership and they were very polite and ready to accommodate me at anytime I came (but within 15th April). Planning to go this Saturday and get all my pending work done during First Free Service - the paint job for Pegasus's scar, the alloy-wheels fitment, and exhaust pipe finisher fitting.

Also, the Jopasu Duster kit is here and has proven to be VERY effective in cleaning the dust off Pegasus. I got it on the 29th of March, and have used it at least 10 times till now. It is a superb little tool, and I whole-heartedly recommend it to anyone who wants a dust cleaner for their car.

Some pics, to conclude this small update.

Latest ODO reading :-

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20120408-14.36.17_2.jpg

Trip inside city since last highway run :-

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20120408-14.36.32_2.jpg

FE for this entire in-city trip:-

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20120408-14.36.39_2.jpg

Be minded that this is for 50% bumper-to-bumper, 30% shifting between 2nd/3rd at slow speeds and 20% spirited runs between 40 kph - 50 kph on 4th.

Look what I found when cleaning the insides one day(!) below the steering on the right :-

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20120408-14.37.13_2.jpg

The space inside the driver's storage compartment, enough to hold a pouch/booklet/couple of mobile phones :-

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20120408-14.37.34_2.jpg

To give you an idea of the space :-

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20120408-14.38.18_2.jpg

Here's Pegasus's scar :-

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20120408-16.09.46_2.jpg

The scar covered by the T-BHP sticker :-

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20120408-14.40.32_2.jpg

Pegasus got his numbers :-

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20120408-14.40.43_2.jpg

The Anti-Theft Immobiliser coding :-

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20120408-14.45.28_2.jpg

The remote of my Pioneer 2490 HU :-

2012 Honda City - Silver Pegasus - A journey of absolute bliss! EDIT : Now SOLD!-20120408-14.39.59_2.jpg

That's it for now, folks. Catch you all with the next update after my 1st Free Service.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 7th December 2013 at 18:16.
Old 9th April 2012, 18:06   #85
Team-BHP Support

Terrible, terrible indeed that Pegagus has the scar; I can imagine the pain you're going thru'.

If you ask the A.S.S., they will have the whole bumper repainted - should cost ~2k. I'd advise you against it.

You'd rather ask them to touch the scar up - this is done free-of-cost by A.S.S. It will cover the scar, although it won't be perfect.

Quote:
Look what I found when cleaning the insides one day(!) below the steering on the right :-
There are dozens of them! If you go thru' my ownership thread, there's a whole pictorial list of all the chubby holes that the City has.

--

Btw, 1st free service is just visual check up and wash. (Unless they've changed things for the 2012 City)
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2012, 20:08   #86
Senior - BHPian

Sad to see the scratch on a lovely new car! but anyways these things keeps on happening. I think normal rubbing and touch up will do the job, nothing much to worry.

And yes first service only includes wash and visual check up. As the SVC is quite far from your place I suggest you to write down all the jobs to be done on a paper so that nothing is left/forgotten.

Drive Safe!
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2012, 21:41   #87
dot
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear about the incident. These things happen. But the sticker job was neat. Good job!

Since your ORVMs were painted with the body color, you might want to keep a small can of that paint somewhere tucked for these small irritating occasions. Hope the service guys have some still left.

Last edited by dot : 9th April 2012 at 21:45.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2012, 09:50   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reversing as usual in the office compound between a M800 and a Santro, I failed to see a bike parked between them in the shade (totally my mistake, I usually take a short survey of the whole scene behind me before I get into Pegasus, maybe I noticed the bike but was pre-occupied with some other stuff to keep it in mind when reversing). The ORVMs also didn't show it (because the car was turning), and...

*BUMP!* and *CRASH!*THUD!*
Very unfortunate indeed. My heartfelt sympathies to you & your Pegasus. Whenever you are pre-occupied with some other stuff while driving, best option is to pull at the side of the road or in a corner, where you can get some space, switch off the engine. Let the thoughts pass your mind & when you have overcome it, restart your journey. Even I have learnt this the hard way. Couple of years back while in office I got a call from home that my daughter is not keeping well & needs to be taken to doctor immediately. I rushed out of the office, took a right turn on an over bridge, & didn't realize that a cyclist too close to my car, was trying to squeeze in. Though it was crawling traffic, as I moved ahead his cycle's pedal smashed my LHS fog lamp to pieces, all this while I was thinking @ my daughter. Didn't bother to get down from my car & blast the cyclist. Had I been a bit patient I could have easily avoided this incident.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2012, 10:55   #89
BHPian

DAMN!!!!! Hardly 24 hrs since this review went live??? and we're on the 6th page!! Just shows how good this ownership review is.

A very thought out and detailed review. Comparable to the official ones and i have to say i felt it was better in some areas.

Congratulations Avinash, once again on getting Pegasus home!!! Hope you enjoy all the memorable experiences you have with the King!
kevinephraim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2012, 13:39   #90
PhX
BHPian

Sad about the scar, Avi. I got my scars removed through insurance (remember the first one I told you about?).

But within a few days, some idiot taxi driver stood too close to me on the right when I was taking a U-turn. I didn't see him and I have a long scratch on my driver's door. In addition to that, I scraped the bottom left of my bumper while reversing; I noticed the tree, but what I missed was that concrete foundation thing that they put around the base of the tree for some reason.

Anyway. If you don't mind my saying...the stickers don't really look good. The left one, like you said, is completely outlandlish and out of place. The one on the right, though in the right place, just feels to me to be the wrong colour...yellow on silver. A black sticker might have looked better...
PhX is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed