Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2012, 11:56   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Silver Pegasus - 2012 Honda City CE - Updated Index & all Accessories Listed

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Replies in bold mate
Thanks for the info, Arup. Will do the Googling and see if I can order it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
That's indeed a very tempting price for Original Honda alloys.I'm sure you must have got the wheels balanced before installation.

Yup. Pretty sure. The Civic wheels are 114.3mm PCD and 5-Hole design, whereas those of the City are 100mm PCD and 4-Hole design like the one in your photo.

I was quoted 1k by the Authorised Dealership for the 5-rims and wheel caps.

These have very little resale value actually. I was unwilling to let them go at such a low price.. so got them properly cleaned and dried and packed each one in the polythene and cartoon box that came with the alloys. Put them away in my basement store room.

Actually, even though the alloys might look beefier, these are actually about 20% lighter than the OEM steel rims!

And Collinite 845 is highly recommended and available online @ www.carpolish.in. I've bought multiple items from there and very satisfied overall.

EDIT : Just checked the website now and no products seem to be listed there anymore... strange!
I asked them if wheel balancing/alignment was needed, and they said no sir, your car is a new one and doesn't need balancing work done. The trial run I took afterwards was okay as well, but I am observing my daily runs now and if needed, I will get it done during next service.

Ahh, thanks for clarifying, my friend! I should have taken a shot of the alloy wheel which was on the Civic, then. Both look the same, except for the number of holes for screws. Guess I got fooled by the wheel lying in front of it.

Interestingly, my dealership wasn't even remotely interested to buy back the steel rims, citing problems in showing this in the inventory. They told me that either I could discard them right then and there, or take them with me. I chose the latter. Maybe I will get lucky with an accessory shop here, or the final destination will be the scrapwallas.

Didn't know about alloys being lighter! But Pegasus feels more planted and sure-footed now, compared to before. Maybe it's just my driver confidence getting a boost by the new alloys!

Why is the "Power Steering" light turning on when I start up Pegasus? It didn't light up before I got the alloys fitted. Although it shuts off as soon as I crank him up, is it a problem?

Thanks again for doing the search and for the link. Maybe I will find another working one (or on ebay) and get it ordered. First I will try my friend Arup's suggestion though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Makes sense pal. Thanks for the heads up.
I am new to Hyderabad and stay in a place which is very far from the city. I am not sure where to get all these fixed outside. Better to do it from Honda.
For the time being, I have decided to go for the seat covers, body covers and reverse parking sensor. Sensor, why because, previously I have driven the Spark and had no issue while reversing and this is my first sedan, so to be extra cautious.
Definitely would ask for a cover which has provision for the antenna
Like you have mentioned, I am pretty excited to get my hands on the beauty and really proud. BTW, I am getting the Sparkling brown color.

Regards to the tyre, to travel to the city, I have to drive on the warangal highway, so which would suit?
Makes sense to get it done from Honda then, rather than taking the risk of fittings at an unknown, yet-to-be-tried accessory shop.

Wise choices, specially the seat covers. OEM fabric stuff tends to attract a lot of particulate dust easily, so seat covers is a must or you will be left cleaning the interiors every day!
It's true that sensors will give you an advantage and the confidence while reversing, specially if you are graduating from a small hatch.
Super choice of color! Out of the two new colors for the 2012 City, I thought Sparkling Brown looks a lot more sophisticated (it's the metallic one, Carnelian Red Pearl being non-metallic), and it should make your City stand out from the rest. Very eager to see your pics now!

If the highway is smooth and free of rough patches, I will wholeheartedly recommend Michelin. Best choice out of the 3 tyre choices for the City. 2nd comes MRF. Accept Goodyears if and only if you have no alternative. Like my friend Arup pointed above, if the first batch of Citys doesn't have a Sparkling Brown SMT shod with Michelins, tell the dealer you are willing to wait for the next batch.

All the best!

---------------------------------

A final tally of the pricing and expenses, now that the last of the accessories have been fitted :-

Ex-Showroom - 7,15,000/-
Logistic Charges - 4,500/-
Temporary Registration - 1,000/-
Insurance - 24,914/-
Extended Warranty - 6,200/-
Roadside Assistance - 4,000/-
RTO Charges - 50,050/-
Special Number Charges - 2,000/-
Application Fees - 200/-

TOTAL - 8,07,864/- (OTR)

Additional Expenses :-

Honda OEM Accessories - 69,356/-
Art Leather Seat Covers - 7,275/-
Focal Components - 9,800/-
Pioneer AVH2490BT - 22,790/-
JBL GT5-S265s - 2,900/-
Spacer Rings + Labour - 880/-
Llumar SunFilm - 7550/-

GRAND TOTAL - 9,28,415/-

Last edited by RavenAvi : 18th April 2012 at 12:09.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 14:29   #107
BHPian

re: Silver Pegasus - 2012 Honda City CE - Updated Index & all Accessories Listed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Makes sense to get it done from Honda then, rather than taking the risk of fittings at an unknown, yet-to-be-tried accessory shop.

Wise choices, specially the seat covers. OEM fabric stuff tends to attract a lot of particulate dust easily, so seat covers is a must or you will be left cleaning the interiors every day!
It's true that sensors will give you an advantage and the confidence while reversing, specially if you are graduating from a small hatch.
Super choice of color! Out of the two new colors for the 2012 City, I thought Sparkling Brown looks a lot more sophisticated (it's the metallic one, Carnelian Red Pearl being non-metallic), and it should make your City stand out from the rest. Very eager to see your pics now!

If the highway is smooth and free of rough patches, I will wholeheartedly recommend Michelin. Best choice out of the 3 tyre choices for the City. 2nd comes MRF. Accept Goodyears if and only if you have no alternative. Like my friend Arup pointed above, if the first batch of Citys doesn't have a Sparkling Brown SMT shod with Michelins, tell the dealer you are willing to wait for the next batch.

All the best!
Many thanks pal. Point blank answers, I am now very much clear. Know what to ask with the ASM, clearly. Unfortunately with Sundaram, they didnt had a sparkling brown color to look at. He just showed us the colored plate, which was not that much revealing. So decided to go with UT and second choice of SB.
For a chance we visited another Honda showroom and there we saw 2 SB cars. One in the workshop, ready to be delivered, but with all dusts. Next in the showroom and I left my heart with it. All my family members loved it Its indeed very sparkling. In a day or two ordering the Jopasu and Collinite
The highway is ok, not worse. As per ASM, the lot arriving this friday has only one SMT in sparkling brown color. Fingers crossed for having them with Michelins.
Will the Yoko be of good rather than Michelin? If yes, how much should I spend extra to trade in?
dre@ms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 14:57   #108
BHPian

Quote:

The car care polish is done on the body, interior on the leather and on the engine too. Still do not opt for it?

If you want to do a polish try finding a 3M Car Care Center in Hyderabad. These guys would do the job perfectly. Somehow I'm vary of polishes done by dealers.
Quote:
two ordering the Jopasu and Collinite

You will not regret it.

Will the Yoko be of good rather than Michelin? If yes, how much should I spend extra to trade in?

Yokos are soft compound tyres. You'd get better grip and it'll be more silent than the Michelins but it'll make the ride a little more bumpy if the roads are potholed. As a trade of Michelins works for me, especially in Mumbai where you need to find roads between the craters

Pricing would vary on City to city hence I cannot comment on it.

Hope this helps mate. Looking forward to reading your ownership thread
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 15:21   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Hope this helps mate. Looking forward to reading your ownership thread
Thanks for your reply pal. Will exclude the car care polish from Honda

As far as the tyres are concerned, Hyderabad is not that much potholed. I feel its very much good. If at all there is a pot hole, its very few.

So my feel is, wait for the Michelins. if not in this lot, another, thats the max I can. If its goodyear, I wont accept at all. If its MRF, change it to Yoko.

Any approximates some one can provide on the tyre trading?

Also I need help from Hyderabad people to locate the 3M car care and the tyre trading shop. Any heads up.

I am too waiting to see my beauty. Most probably will take the delivery by next wednesday, if all goes well.

Last edited by dre@ms : 18th April 2012 at 15:23.
Old 18th April 2012, 16:09   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=RavenAvi;2702608]This is the story of a mortal who put everything he saved in his life (so far) into the chariot of his dreams.
Humble Beginnings[/quote]

A very realistic and touching story RavenAvi. The write up reminded me so much of the dilemmas that I faced whilst buying my first car including budgets and the advice from my parents. Very happy for you mate. Congrats and wish you and your family many safe and happy miles in your new City!

Regards,

Last edited by R2D2 : 18th April 2012 at 16:11.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 11:54   #111
BHPian

Quote:

Any approximates some one can provide on the tyre trading?

Yoko's should cost you around 4.8k-5k a tyre.

Also I need help from Hyderabad people to locate the 3M car care and the tyre trading shop. Any heads up.

Kforce
Contact person: Ram Kumar
Phone : 23041677/64558538/9849266770
Address: plot#5-207 & 208, mythri nagar, Madinaguda, Hyderabad

Hope this helps mate. Good Luck
Old 21st April 2012, 21:17   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Hope this helps mate. Good Luck
Thanks and noted pal.

Called my ASM and he confirmed the car has arrived and it is in the yard. Unfortunately it came with MRF. Asked him when would be the next lot, but asusual, he was not willing to reveal anything.

So, should I go ahead and get the MRF or wait for the next lot which is not known or revealed to me?

If I can go with MRF, then this monday, when the car is being brought to the showroom gonna pay a visit to investigate it and then pay the first round of DP.

What say guys ???
Old 22nd April 2012, 09:37   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
A very realistic and touching story RavenAvi. The write up reminded me so much of the dilemmas that I faced whilst buying my first car including budgets and the advice from my parents. Very happy for you mate. Congrats and wish you and your family many safe and happy miles in your new City!

Regards,
Thank you so much, R2D2. Thinking back to those days, I am fully satisfied that I made a wise choice in the end. Even if my parents didn't possess extensive automotive knowledge, they are wise beyond their years and their interjections (read "injections") helped immensely. And touchwood, Pegasus has so quickly become an integral part of our lives!

Dad's comment (after he drove Pegasus for a few kms): Lagta hai sports car chala raha hu. Kya mast pick-up hai! (Feels like I am driving a sports car. What fantastic pick-up!)

Quote:
The highway is ok, not worse.

Yokos are soft tyres, like Arup said. I think both Michelin and Yokos are equally soft, and will make your car glide. You can expect anywhere between 2K-2.5K per tyre (max 3K, if they are brand new) for your OEM tyres if you want to swap them for new ones. Michelins should cost 4.5K (max 5K) per tyre. One of our friends, nitin.rai, got a set of 4 Michelins for 15K. Yokos are slightly more expensive - in the region of 5K-5.3K per tyre.

Quote:
Thanks and noted pal.

Called my ASM and he confirmed the car has arrived and it is in the yard. Unfortunately it came with MRF. Asked him when would be the next lot, but asusual, he was not willing to reveal anything.

So, should I go ahead and get the MRF or wait for the next lot which is not known or revealed to me?

If I can go with MRF, then this monday, when the car is being brought to the showroom gonna pay a visit to investigate it and then pay the first round of DP.

What say guys ???
MRF is a decent choice too. Our friend mdsaab from Pune got his City last year which came shod with MRFs and he had nothing but good things to say about it (I think he's still using them).

I say go for the MRFs and drive around a bit, and if you are not satisfied with them you can always swap them. You are a bit lucky the first time around, and if the second lot has your car in Goodyears, then you won't be able to go back to your first choice. MRF ZVTVs are not bad at all.

Good luck!
Old 22nd April 2012, 10:29   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Yokos are soft tyres, like Arup said. I think both Michelin and Yokos are equally soft, and will make your car glide. You can expect anywhere between 2K-2.5K per tyre (max 3K, if they are brand new) for your OEM tyres if you want to swap them for new ones. Michelins should cost 4.5K (max 5K) per tyre. One of our friends, nitin.rai, got a set of 4 Michelins for 15K. Yokos are slightly more expensive - in the region of 5K-5.3K per tyre.
MRF is a decent choice too. Our friend mdsaab from Pune got his City last year which came shod with MRFs and he had nothing but good things to say about it (I think he's still using them).

I say go for the MRFs and drive around a bit, and if you are not satisfied with them you can always swap them. You are a bit lucky the first time around, and if the second lot has your car in Goodyears, then you won't be able to go back to your first choice. MRF ZVTVs are not bad at all.

Good luck!
Many thanks pal. Will accept the MRF, drive it through and then decide. And yes, this lot didnt have any Goodyears, I am indeed lucky.

And I have decided to go in for the extended warranty and roadside assistance for a sum of Rs. 10,200. Wise choice?

Excited to see my beauty tomorrow, cant wait.
Old 23rd April 2012, 15:12   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Will accept the MRF, drive it through and then decide - Thats very sensible dreams. Drive it for a week and you'll know if you need a replacement.

And I have decided to go in for the extended warranty and roadside assistance for a sum of Rs. 10,200. Wise choice? - Extended Warranty is good but I'm not sure if you'll need roadside assistance. After all how many Honda's have you seen stuck in the middle of nowhere waiting for assistance?

Excited to see my beauty tomorrow, cant wait. - Do the delivery PDI and click loads of pics.
Good luck mate. Waiting for your review
Old 23rd April 2012, 21:52   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Good luck mate. Waiting for your review
I stay very far from the city, on the warangal highway, thats why opted for the roadside assistance. Moreover when it comes to car, dont know ABC of it. Agree, havent seen any Honda's stranded on the road, but why take chance.

Did see my beauty today, she was washed and ready to get her polish/coating from 3M.

Did check the odo, and it had just done 14KM. The distance between yard and showroom. Tomorrow, the 3M sunfilm, seat covers would be fitted. Wednesday taking her home.

The accessory guy informed that the reverse sensor is currently out of stock, but he can source it before wednesday, if not have to fit it later. Going for this fitment alone to the showroom is not a wise decision for me, since its 30KM away from my office/home. He would confirm tomorrow, if not available, should I go for the camera model?

The sensor alone is of Nippon brand and the camera one is from Xenos. The camera has voice guidance and bluetooth too, so feature rich. But not able to decide, please help.

As far as the car cover is concerned, the accessory guy confirmed that the cover has a separate provision for the rear antenna, so no need to remove it.

Seat covers would also cover the arm rest (front and rear) and the door sides too. Seems to be worth the money.
Old 24th April 2012, 13:30   #117
BHPian

Quote:
He would confirm tomorrow, if not available, should I go for the camera model? - I didn't find the necessity to use a reverse camera. The reverse sensors do the job perfectly and I can guide the car even in tightest parking spot. Suggest you opt for a sensor only if you don't have to park in a very tight spot.

As far as the car cover is concerned, the accessory guy confirmed that the cover has a separate provision for the rear antenna, so no need to remove it. - Yes thats true the car cover has an inbuilt portion to accommodate the antenna
Hope this helps mate
Old 24th April 2012, 14:07   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Hope this helps mate
As of now the ASM has informed that the sensors are not available. Makes sense on your theory too, will wait and get it fitted. Can it be fixed outside?

As per plan, tomorrow taking my beauty home
Old 7th May 2012, 03:15   #119
BHPian

Congratulations RavenAvi! Very nice write up of your journey for Honda City & the pictures complete your story. CE is a great VFM, my only grime are the AC Knobs that really spoil the look of the beautiful black interiors. One of my colleague is planning to buy a CE, would you please confirm if you have ever checked with the dealer about replacing these knobs with the ones that come with S MT / V MT? Even its just the touch of bling, but it makes it look much better. Thanks in advance.
SrikantDora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 14:08   #120
BHPian

Hey Raven,

Congrats on your car ! Better late than never !!

I had not been around for a pretty longtime due to my frequent travels.

i am really happy to have a car enthusiast, so much enthusiastic as a mate here in the forum.

i am blown going through your entire stuff. Very comprehensive. Mindblowing.

It looks like GTO & other guys doing the test drives have a potential candidate here

P.s: Let me know if doing up the audio outside not void the Honda warranty ??

Last edited by nandans2005 : 7th May 2012 at 14:10.
nandans2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed