Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2012, 00:46   #31
BHPian

Re: My 2012 Tata Nano LXi

Hi,

Did all the Nano users here get their instrument cluster changed? Did they give some sort of receipt indicating the change?

I asked for a driver pickup as KHT motors were pestering me to get it changed today but they gave no receipt/invoice/paper of the instrument cluster change.

-Pallavi
Old 19th August 2012, 01:36   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabidansari View Post
After a lot of trials & errors, I have finally found 'inner peace'.

I have changed my driving style.
Dear Aabid, 11.5kmpl was very low, please get her checked at service centre soon, take her on a long highway run and let us know the figures.

I have been consistently able to extract 22-23 kmpl on my pune - mumbai expressway runs and on most occasions not driving below 80kmph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
Hi,

Did all the Nano users here get their instrument cluster changed? Did they give some sort of receipt indicating the change?
NO, i did not get any call, but i dont see any issue with the cluster as such. but really appreciate TATA motors that they are taking so much efforts on cheapest car in their stable.

Also were you able to find that camera bag you were looking for, which can be kept ahead of gear console?
Old 19th August 2012, 12:45   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
NO, i did not get any call, but i dont see any issue with the cluster as such. but really appreciate TATA motors that they are taking so much efforts on cheapest car in their stable.

Also were you able to find that camera bag you were looking for, which can be kept ahead of gear console?
The KHT motors guys bugged me day in and day out to get the cluster changed to the point of becoming a nuisance. They even came to my residence a few times on weekends to change it.

I wasnt in Bangalore.. so asked my cousin to have the KHT motors guys pick it up. The change was done and car returned but no receipt towards the same

I got the camera bag, thanks to your suggestion. It is very convenient. I am planning to get the add-on glove boxes once i see them in person.
Pallavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2012, 15:16   #34
Senior - BHPian

Guys, those of you who have keyless entry for the car; does the new center console show any security light/alarm?
Old 21st August 2012, 10:26   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Aabid, 11.5kmpl was very low, please get her checked at service centre soon, take her on a long highway run and let us know the figures.

I have been consistently able to extract 22-23 kmpl on my pune - mumbai expressway runs and on most occasions not driving below 80kmph.
So there's your answer - 80kmph. I barely get to touch 60 within the city. Considering that I guess my 19 is pretty good.

Hey, what's with this instrument cluster thingy? Why is the recall being done? I haven't got any call from Tata on this.
Same for the camera bag - que-est ici?
Old 21st August 2012, 21:44   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post

I got the camera bag, thanks to your suggestion. It is very convenient. I am planning to get the add-on glove boxes once i see them in person.
I will check those gloveboxes tommorow.
Please post the pics of camera bag, will help others.i have posted mine after 1 year though

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Guys, those of you who have keyless entry for the car; does the new center console show any security light/alarm?
Keyless entry is a accesory, i dont think it will be integrated with the console.

Also what is new centre console? is it different than nano 2011?

Quote:
So there's your answer - 80kmph. I barely get to touch 60 within the city. Considering that I guess my 19 is pretty good.

Hey, what's with this instrument cluster thingy? Why is the recall being done? I haven't got any call from Tata on this.
Same for the camera bag - que-est ici?
19kmpl is excellent average in city
Even i am yet to get a call from tata about centre console
Camera bag - Please check my thread - Nano in my life
Old 21st August 2012, 22:39   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Keyless entry is a accesory, i dont think it will be integrated with the console.

Also what is new centre console? is it different than nano 2011?
Not too different; I noticed that they have added a few new tell-tale lights in that including one for the security alarm (the flickering red led). That's why I asked if central locking now shows in the console.
Old 22nd August 2012, 16:14   #38
BHPian

Quote:
19kmpl is excellent average in city
Even i am yet to get a call from tata about centre console
Camera bag - Please check my thread - Nano in my life
Thanx buddy. And I can see the camera bag on your thread. Neat.
But what I like best is your foam seat covers. Nice touch.
I also see that you have fixed the cigarette lighter.

I have asked many shops here for adding the following:
1. a cigarette lighter socket
2. an additional horn
3. a reversing hooter

Many shops have straight out refused to touch the Nano electricals.Dunno why. I read the manual, there is a provision for 10Amps load. Would my three additions go beyond the limits?

Or should I Post this in the thread on modifications?
Old 12th September 2012, 17:49   #39
BHPian

Finally I took my car to KLN TATA motors at Ekaduthangal to get my problem attended.

First off - I must appreciate their courteousness, from the very beginning they were prompt in answering the complaints, good treatment at their centre with tea/coffee et al - no grudges on that front.

Secondly - they patiently listened to my grievances and made a few suggestions.

Lastly, they took a look inside the car and did the following:
1. They found the Clutch play more than normal - this they said was strange as all the cars are checked at the PDI and to have this problem was rare. So they adjusted the play to normal levels;
2. They cleaned the air filter which was dirty - I agree this could be a factor
3. The accelarator linkages were checked - ?
4. A bit of engine tuning was one
5. Lastly all the tyres, brakes, etc, were checked.

Hopefully I should now get better mileage. I am keeping a sharp eye on the needle.
Old 20th September 2012, 15:24   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hopefully I should now get better mileage. I am keeping a sharp eye on the needle.
Hi aabidansari, how has the servicing worked for your car? Has there been any improvement in mileage lately?

Would be interesting to know 'Kitna Deti Hai' in city and long drives now.

Please do keep us posted as it would be helpful for other Nano owners with similar issues.
Old 20th September 2012, 17:30   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Hi aabidansari, how has the servicing worked for your car? Has there been any improvement in mileage lately?

Would be interesting to know 'Kitna Deti Hai' in city and long drives now.

Please do keep us posted as it would be helpful for other Nano owners with similar issues.
Just give me time till Sunday. I am still testing her. The service station and TATA customer service also keep calling me and I have told them the same.
I think there is an improvement, but I shall give you the bare facts by Sunday.
Hold on buddy.

For the info of all Nano owning brethren - I should tell you that I had a very long and detailed discussion with TATA guys on this. They were trying to convince me that there is no such thing as "mileage inside the city". And I was trying to convince them otherwise. After all, the NANO is meant to be a city car - traffic beater.
Old 9th October 2012, 17:04   #42
BHPian

After the check up at the service station I have done one full tank of city drive and I can confidently put forth my observatons -

Observation 1. When I am in a good mood and take the Nano through her gear ratios the way it is supposed to be done, then I get a heart warming mileage with a figure in the upper teens,

Observation 2. But on days when I consider myself to be the neighbourhood Schumacher, I get an early teen mileage figure.

Jokes apart, I guess my concept of 'city mileage' has taken a beating. With the frequent traffic snarls, signals, substandard roads, etc, I think I am lucky to get anything in the 15+range.

So there you are. The nano is a good city car, but it needs a bit of TLC on the roads and then she loves you back by showing her pretty figures.
aabidansari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 19:59   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A
So there you are. The nano is a good city car, but it needs a bit of TLC on the roads and then she loves you back by showing her pretty figures.
i am too getting only 14-15 Kmpl. And my car too had clutch play issue, it seems the PDI was not done properly in my car too. My car still takes hicc-ups after 1st service, I have written a mail to Tata listing the pathetic service quality and unability of their TASC to solve issues.
Old 10th October 2012, 11:57   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
i am too getting only 14-15 Kmpl. And my car too had clutch play issue, it seems the PDI was not done properly in my car too. My car still takes hicc-ups after 1st service, I have written a mail to Tata listing the pathetic service quality and unability of their TASC to solve issues.
I had done the same - sent a mail to them, but their response was prompt. Whats more - they followed it up with so many calls, from the service center and from the support desk, I had to tell them to stop calling me.

14~15kmpl - so you are in a similar situation as me. But you know what - without the AC in the city, I get about 19+. And that surprises me. With the AC the mileage simply tanks down!
aabidansari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 15:47   #45
jp1
BHPian

My Nano is 2+ months old and I am getting around 13-14 kmpl, not more than that. Car is driven in low gears most of the time in Blr bumper to bumper traffic. Yet to go for any servicing. Hoping that mileage will improve after first service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks