Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2012, 19:47   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: My 2012 Tata Nano LXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabidansari View Post
14~15kmpl - so you are in a similar situation as me. But you know what - without the AC in the city, I get about 19+. And that surprises me. With the AC the mileage simply tanks down!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
My Nano is 2+ months old and I am getting around 13-14 kmpl, not more than that. Car is driven in low gears most of the time in Blr bumper to bumper traffic. Yet to go for any servicing. Hoping that mileage will improve after first service.
This is really poor from Tata. I have so far not tested the car with AC off so can't say about the mileage. But, a difference of 4-5 Kmpl in AC Off and On is simply not acceptable. I am taking the vehicle to TASC tomorrow lets see what happens.
Old 10th October 2012, 22:20   #47
BHPian

Quote:
My Nano is 2+ months old and I am getting around 13-14 kmpl, not more than that. Car is driven in low gears most of the time in Blr bumper to bumper traffic. Yet to go for any servicing. Hoping that mileage will improve after first service.
Please get this checked. We have a Nano that is 2 years old now and almost run 12000kms. We have been consistently getting 18-19kmpl in Blr bumper to bumper traffic and about 23-25 kmpl on highways.
Old 11th October 2012, 11:01   #48
jp1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svdath View Post
Please get this checked. We have a Nano that is 2 years old now and almost run 12000kms. We have been consistently getting 18-19kmpl in Blr bumper to bumper traffic and about 23-25 kmpl on highways.
Thanks svdath for that info, I have to get it checked, planning do it along with the first service. Hopefully some tuning should solve the problem
Old 15th October 2012, 17:42   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks svdath for that info, I have to get it checked, planning do it along with the first service. Hopefully some tuning should solve the problem
Do let us know the outcome. If it works, then maybe I could apply the same solution to my car.
Old 7th November 2012, 09:16   #50
Senior - BHPian

jp1 and aabidansari, any updates on your mileage figures after your servicing and run in both with and without A/c.

My cousin is seriously contemplating to add Nano as their second car and is considering both options of either a preowned pre 2012 edition or even a new 2012 one but is trying to get more feedback on the mileage front.
Old 7th November 2012, 15:10   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
jp1 and aabidansari, any updates on your mileage figures after your servicing and run in both with and without A/c.

My cousin is seriously contemplating to add Nano as their second car and is considering both options of either a preowned pre 2012 edition or even a new 2012 one but is trying to get more feedback on the mileage front.
In the city, with bumper2bumper traffic, with frequent stops, 1st / 2nd gear running, max speed 30 - I do not get more than 14kmpl.
But if I can rev her to upto 40 with at least 3rd gear, then I get more than 15kmpl.
At times on an open stretch, I can do 50+ speed on the 4th gear, I get close to 18+kmpl.
All the above figures, with AC on, inside the city.
Without the AC I get about 2kmpl more in all the conditions.
I have never done a mileage test on the highway, so can't comment.

I have tried different routes, etc, but eventually those are the average figures. Frankly, I have never ever achieved more than 19kmpl in the city (Chennai).
If there is anyone out there in Chennai who gets better mileage please tell me how.
aabidansari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2012, 15:54   #52
jp1
BHPian

The first servicing done at around 600+ ODO. About the mileage, the service guys said the mileage would improve only after 1000 kms. But anyhow they adjusted it for better mileage it seems. But I dont see much difference, roughly I think it is giving around 15kms/ltr after the service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post

jp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 09:48   #53
BHPian

Lately, I have noticed that my front right tyre seems to deflate on its own rather quickly. Usually I pump up the pressures in all tyres once a week, that means, after about 250kms every time upto 28psi. But that one tyre pressure comes down to 10psi by that time.
What could be the problem?
Old 26th March 2013, 10:14   #54
BHPian

Thank you for this writeup aabidansari. I am looking around for a replacement for my wife's Alto. I would have straight away gone back to Maruti had I not seen your writeup. I will go for a TD of the Nano before a decision is taken. The mileage and the space which this vehicle has to offer are the two important factors for me. The added bonus seems to be the A.S.S. experience.
Regards,
Ashok
ashphil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 10:36   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashphil View Post
I am looking around for a replacement for my wife's Alto. I would have straight away gone back to Maruti had I not seen your writeup. I will go for a TD of the Nano before a decision is taken. The mileage and the space which this vehicle has to offer are the two important factors for me. The added bonus seems to be the A.S.S. experience.
Regards,
Ashok
I had an Alto for 5yrs and I also had a M800. Nothing to beat the 800 even today. But the Nano is a great replacement. A perfect city car. I still get the looks from those passing by.
Space inside the car is quite generous. Ofcourse no space for luggage except the small boot-like space under the rear parcel tray.
Mileage within the city - I still get only 15kmpl. But then I can never go above 40 in the traffic. If you do a higher economical speed then your mileage will go up too.
All the best to you. Hope you join the Nano family as well.
aabidansari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 10:40   #56
BHPian

Congrats Aabidansari on buying the Nano. It is a "SMALL WONDER" that always brings a smile on your face when you are in it. My cousin in Bangalore owns the same variant but his is a 2011 Model. I fell in love with the car the first time I drove it. I still remember riding through the heavy traffic in Bangalore (Vijaya Nagar) where I was directing my family members drive to the Marriage Hall from my uncle's home. My cousin who drove a Swift was not able to catch up with me as I was easily able to cruise through the gaps and run like a rat between the holes which he was finding it difficult in the Swift.

Finally he lost track of me and had to call me to get directions to reach the Hall. My congratulations to you again for getting this Small Wonder.
Arvind6488 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 11:05   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvind6488 View Post
I was easily able to cruise through the gaps and run like a rat between the holes.
Ha ha.
I like the way you put it. Yup, I couldn't have put it better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks