Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2013, 19:28   #16
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 2012 Mahindra Xylo; first impressions

Thanks for the detailed review Varun. This was really very helpful. Our Xylo just got its first service done last month. Agree with you on the below points.

Quote:
Beautiful to drive flat-out on the Highway. Hardly felt any body roll in the front seats.

6. Climbing the ghats was a piece of cake! just loved the way she sailed through effortlessly.
We have the mEagle - but with lesser power than the mHawk too, it could take inclines very easily. I remember in our Qualis, we used to struggle climing the Khandala ghat on 2nd. But the Xylo takes it easily in 2nd.

Flat out too, the Xylo touches 100 in very little time - never measured it. But driving back from office on the JVLR, I have managed to touch 100 on a few stretches.

Quote:
A/C was throwing out very less air; reason being the air passages were choked badly. (leaves and dust being accumulated it seems)

Driver seat clamps need to be tightened. Every time I accelerate a little harder from a complete stand still, the seat rocks just a little bit (1 millimeter i would think).
We had the same problem since the beginning. Couldnt feel the draft of the air at all. This was fixed in the 1st service - maybe there was some blockage.

The driver seat does rock a bit - however I have felt that only while adjusting the seats.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 12:37   #17
BHPian

Hey v12,

We also have the mEagle E8, not the Mhawk E9. Wishing you many more happy miles to come.

Thanks,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
Hi Varun,

Nice to see your experience with the new Xylo. Where do you give your car for service? IG or MPL or Zulaikha. I feel MPL is still not competent enough and they take their sweet time to attend to any issues....

Rgds,
Karthik
Hi Karthik. Yes, we normally give it to MPL for servicing since we bought it form them. Have you had a better experience with the other dealers? If so, please let me know. Agree, they are not the quickest in turning around the car and you need to keep calling them to remind them about small things that need to be fixed in the car.

Thanks,
varun

Last edited by Eddy : 5th May 2013 at 14:36. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread. Thanks.
misguidedmisile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 14:49   #18
BHPian

Re: The 2012 Mahindra Xylo; first impressions

misguidedmisile

I am planning to get a xylo in the next month or so ( H8 with ABS and Airbags), so far MPL has contacted us and given us a test drive. Although we are impressed with the space offered and the general features, can you elaborate on your delivery procedures with MPL and also the regular service done by them ? Only other dealers are India Garage and Zulaika motors. This is the first time that i plan to buy an indian brand of automobile,so feeling a little nervous on the things that follow.
Old 10th August 2013, 00:33   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
misguidedmisile

I am planning to get a xylo in the next month or so ( H8 with ABS and Airbags), so far MPL has contacted us and given us a test drive. Although we are impressed with the space offered and the general features, can you elaborate on your delivery procedures with MPL and also the regular service done by them ? Only other dealers are India Garage and Zulaika motors. This is the first time that i plan to buy an indian brand of automobile,so feeling a little nervous on the things that follow.
Hello Keshav,

Delivery procedure for the car was quite uneventful. Everything went off smoothly. The services that i have gotten done so far from MPL were also pretty ok. They made sure they acted on the points mentioned by me, before doing the service. You can ho ahead with MPL as your dealer. Please reach out to me for any other queries you might have.

Thanks,
Varun
Old 29th September 2017, 11:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedmisile View Post
Recent addition to the car are Hella 500FFs. Managed to fit them before the Coorg trip. They really do light up the road. I still need to get them aligned a bit, tricky work to do that. Here are a couple of pics from that install.
Hey, I'm planning to fix the Hella 700FFs on my Xylo. Can you please tell me how much did the clamp and installation cost? And also, what is the clamp welded to?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks