Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2012, 09:53   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222
If you want to close your mirrors when you lock the car, its possible via Coding that is a long topic by itself. via coding you have a host of other options including changing the speedo display to digital one on the dashboard display. it requires a cable and the software for it. Check taranonline thread for his 320D.Kun service at madras can do it. but Navnit at Bangalore doesn't try to get them on the phone and see if they can do it for you if you can take the car to madras.
KUN in chennai CAN do it? Or they WILL do it?

D you know if they have done it for anybody?
Old 22nd March 2012, 12:48   #17
BHPian

Re: [BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtheater39 View Post
I've finally decided and bought a BMW 320d dynamic edition and would love to share my decision making process, buying experience and my initial first few days of driving experience of the car!

Dealership experience
I bought my 3 from KUN Exclusive in hyderabad. The sales person who interacted was well informed about the car and did a good job selling me into loving it! However, I was definitely disappointed with a few aspects -
1. Absolutely no discounts! I was hoping there would be some discounts considering that a new 2012 3 would be replacing the current model. I also hoped for the dealer to throw in something from their end, but I was shockingly surprised that I had no such luck. I also hoped that I would get a few accessories or upgrades as a token - but all I got was a car cover and floor mats!
2. I ended up paying 33.68L on road here in Hyderabad. However, I did get a 0% loan option for 36 months which was a good deal.

Mileage & Efficiency
So far I've done 1700kms. When I drive on highways (did a trip from Hyd to Blr & back), I consistently get 16kmpl. Within city, its always 13-14 which is amazing. I stay around Hitech city and here most of the roads are nice and open which contributes to better fuel efficiency. The worst I got was when I was in bangalore city traffic, which was still over 12 - and this being a diesel plant, its more than what I would expect.

Key decision making reasons for me
1. Pricing - 33.68L is a great buy
2. Post March 2012, cars would cost a lot more - higher taxes. Now it would almost cost 1.2L more!
3. The new 3 would again be atleast 2L costlier at launch
4. The new 3 would not have a 0% interest option (almost 4L!)
So totally, the extra cost would be almost 6-8L making it almost unpractical in my case!

cheers!
Many congratulations! I too recently went and got myself an exclusive ed 320d. Still too busy with the car and work so will get down to writing my own experience soon.

The discounts you got were somehow a lot lower (only 0% finance) as compared to what was being offered in Delhi NCR. I got the following discounts which made the car simply too good to refuse:

1. Ex-showroom - 31.90 lacs - discount of 4.5 lacs
2. Finance discount - 1.5% of finance amount
3. Zero dep insurance - 40% discount

The total car on road including a 5 year BSI Ultimate 100,000 km package was a tad under 34 lacs. It was a no-brainer for me considering other competing cars! I may add that there were only 2 colours of Exclusive Ed available with limited interior leather colours. They did have a significant number of Dynamics available though!

Also, FE is possible since my in-city driving over the past 2000 km has been consistent at 12.6 kmpl. Planning for a Delhi - Udaipur drive early next month to open-er-up! Will hopefully be able to write detailed aspects post that.

Till then, drive on!
Old 22nd March 2012, 14:24   #18
BHPian

That's interesting, you definitely have got yourself a brilliant deal. Just to clear out some confusion, was your model the Highline version which includes the sunroof?

It would be sad to know if the dealer here has taken me for a ride, if that's the case what advise do you guys have? Does it make sense for me to go back and discuss this with them or should i just leave it behind?

thanks!

PS: I've got quite a few pictures and would soon be able to post them

Quote:
Originally Posted by elantracrdi05 View Post
Many congratulations! I too recently went and got myself an exclusive ed 320d. Still too busy with the car and work so will get down to writing my own experience soon.

The discounts you got were somehow a lot lower (only 0% finance) as compared to what was being offered in Delhi NCR. I got the following discounts which made the car simply too good to refuse:

The total car on road including a 5 year BSI Ultimate 100,000 km package was a tad under 34 lacs. It was a no-brainer for me considering other competing cars! I may add that there were only 2 colours of Exclusive Ed available with limited interior leather colours. They did have a significant number of Dynamics available though!

Also, FE is possible since my in-city driving over the past 2000 km has been consistent at 12.6 kmpl. Planning for a Delhi - Udaipur drive early next month to open-er-up! Will hopefully be able to write detailed aspects post that.

Till then, drive on!
Old 22nd March 2012, 14:58   #19
BHPian

Quote:
My wishlist of additional features
- I really wish there was a way to automatically fold my outside rearview mirrors when I lock the car. The mirrors automatically open up if you go faster than 20kmph, but there is no way to auto fold the mirrors when you lock your car.
This requires absolutely ZERO coding my friend. Next time you lock your car with the keyfob, keep the lock button (the BMW roundel logo button) depressed for 3-5 seconds. the mirrors will fold automatically and also if any windows are open, they will roll up for as long as the button is pressed.

works for my E90
zeddo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2012, 16:20   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeddo View Post
Next time you lock your car with the keyfob, keep the lock button (the BMW roundel logo button) depressed for 3-5 seconds. the mirrors will fold automatically and also if any windows are open, they will roll up for as long as the button is pressed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSG View Post
KUN in chennai CAN do it? Or they WILL do it?

D you know if they have done it for anybody?

The Key pressed only closes all the windows now , this i am sure as i use it often to air the car out after parking under the sun for a long time.it doesn't work for me.

I have had my car serviced with KUN only once over the phone the service adviser had told me they could code the car and get it to work.i did ask them to do and when i got the car back it didn't work i didn't have the time to send the car back. neither have i given the car to KUN again for service as all the other services are being done at Bangalore. so if you'd like it done i am sure you could just call and talk to any service advisor if they can still do it.Although at that point in time i was totally ignorant so as to what coding meant since the car had hardly run 500kms.
Old 22nd March 2012, 16:22   #21
BHPian

Quote:
That's interesting, you definitely have got yourself a brilliant deal. Just to clear out some confusion, was your model the Highline version which includes the sunroof?

It would be sad to know if the dealer here has taken me for a ride, if that's the case what advise do you guys have? Does it make sense for me to go back and discuss this with them or should i just leave it behind?

thanks!

PS: I've got quite a few pictures and would soon be able to post them
It is the highline trim with the sunroof, leather seats, etc. It is now called as the Exclusive Edition.

Sadly, once the invoicing is done, these ppl will have no cause to listen. Do not worry about it, just enjoy the ride. Once you start the car, all else fades into a distant memory!
Old 22nd March 2012, 17:11   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeddo View Post
This requires absolutely ZERO coding my friend. Next time you lock your car with the keyfob, keep the lock button (the BMW roundel logo button) depressed for 3-5 seconds. the mirrors will fold automatically and also if any windows are open, they will roll up for as long as the button is pressed.

works for my E90
Yours is pre LCI hence is works. It was disabled on LCI cars
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2012, 19:34   #23
BHPian

You are too late buddy! Where are the pics?

Enjoy your ride. I can imagine your smiles when flooring it
AirbusA340 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 11:40   #24
BHPian

Hi dreamtheater39,
A bit late in congratulating , Congrats for your awesome ride !! Waiting eagerly for the pics of your beauty. Just one question in mind that you din't mention considering the Audi A4. You don't like the Audi A4 or some other reason.
Old 23rd March 2012, 12:55   #25
BHPian

Finally had the time to shoot a few external pics of my 3.

I've attached them, not taken in the best location...but that shouldn't matter! I shall get some internal shots tonight and upload them over the weekend.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
[BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience-externalpic1.jpg  

[BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience-externalpic2.jpg  

[BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience-externalpic3.jpg  

[BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience-externalpic4.jpg  

[BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience-externalpic5.jpg  

[BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience-externalpic6.jpg  

[BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience-externalpic7.jpg  

[BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience-externalpic8.jpg  

[BMW 320d Dynamic] Buying and initial ownership experience-externalpic9.jpg  

Last edited by dreamtheater39 : 23rd March 2012 at 13:14.
Old 23rd March 2012, 13:40   #26
BHPian

Hello!

As a guy who works in the plant, it is nice to see our vehicles being enjoyed by customers outside. You have what we call the E90 C7, which is a variant between the corporate edition and the fully loaded high line. You get the best of both worlds.

If you love driving, you will find the E90 320d far more involving than the F30 equivalent.

Enjoy your ride.
Lakshman1645 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 20:48   #27
BANNED

Really like the color, throw in some bmw cf parts. they would look good on black. congrats on the purchase mate!! your car has idrive but not the xenon headlights.. how come?
Old 23rd March 2012, 23:08   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elantracrdi05 View Post

The total car on road including a 5 year BSI Ultimate 100,000 km package was a tad under 34 lacs.
One quick clarification, was your offer a 0% scheme? If not, what does the total interest amount come upto over the entire loan tenure?
Old 24th March 2012, 10:04   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshman1645 View Post
Hello!

As a guy who works in the plant, it is nice to see our vehicles being enjoyed by customers outside.

Nice to hear!, what do you actually do.

Would you guys be able to tell if coding has been done, or if i swap the ECU on my X1 for a Petes tuning box and reswap it back when i drop it for service. Any mods you can think of for a corporate edition X1 which is within the frame work of warranty.
Old 24th March 2012, 10:39   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshman1645 View Post
Hello!

As a guy who works in the plant.. if you love driving, you will find the E90 320d far more involving than the F30 equivalent.
>>>

Lakshman1645,

That's a little sad to hear. It sort of implies that BMW is taking its eyes off its core supporters - those who love a BMW for being a BMW, and starts catering to a more dispersed clientele ( undoubtedly affluent and getting more so in India and in China) who prefer comfort perhaps over the driving experience.

It will be sad day if there are no 'driver's cars' from BMW at the entry level. Please bear in mind that Bimmers at higher displacements (3000 cc and above and with the legendary in line sixes, naturally aspirated of course) may be out of bounds for most of us because of the prices obtaining in our country.

P. S. : Is the F30 320d a lesser driver's car due to its electric steering instead of the earlier hydraulic steering?

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks