Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2012, 21:17   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Land Rover Freelander 2 - The first on the forum! EDIT: Sold!

I read the name of the thread and my heart gave a skip. I peeped into it to see who was the lucky owner and my heart gave another skip. You have a real taste in cars.

Forgive my blabbering and accept my congratulations for owning this beauty(or is it the Beast?). Looks best in white.

Looking forward to a more detail report on it after a sometime of ownership. Will be keenly following this thread.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 21:47   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Congrats Ricky for your FL2 that also happens to be the first on the forum. Wishing you miles & miles & miles.

Just a quote from Robert Frost with a bit of alteration:

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But want to climb hills so steep,

And miles to go before I sleep,

And miles to go before I sleep.

Thanks GD. Yes it does happen to be the first one here !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I read the name of the thread and my heart gave a skip. I peeped into it to see who was the lucky owner and my heart gave another skip. You have a real taste in cars.

Forgive my blabbering and accept my congratulations for owning this beauty(or is it the Beast?). Looks best in white.

Looking forward to a more detail report on it after a sometime of ownership. Will be keenly following this thread.

Thanks ashis89, I sincerely hope your heart has recovered it's normal beat thank you again for the kind words !!

Well it is a beast in the guise of a beauty, it can do many "beastly" things if unleashed. But the control in phenomenal & confidence inspiring - from the word go !! It is a treat to drive sedately as well as when it is pushed.

More details will follow, the thread will see regular updates as have all of my previous threads.

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 22:59   #33
Team-BHP Support

Thats what I call an all enviable garage! Congrats superb vehicle, seems to be in mint condition!

Am an absolute newb to these, do they come with suspension height control? I stay close to the showroom here and have often see the test drive cars going up and down while sitting at the signal
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 07:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ricky63,
Congratulations !
That vehicle of yours - its stance, purposeful looks, performance and comfort sure can stoke some serious fires of envy.
A few of the nice bits I caught - Knee airbags...comes as a solace for the week kneed...the tiny side light in the luggage area and so on. Nice, very nice, indeed.
Though my fave from the LR range still remains a Defender-SWB.

Shall be all eyes here for its performance, costs and just about everything else.
May you have many thousands of safe & delightful kilometers in it.
And may we have many updates and photographs of it !
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 09:22   #35
Senior - BHPian

I knew you would get this one day from the comments you were posting about FL2, this is faster than I expected. Congrats!

What's the default warranty? And do they give extended warranty and BSI like stuff?
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 11:25   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Thats what I call an all enviable garage! Congrats superb vehicle, seems to be in mint condition!

Am an absolute newb to these, do they come with suspension height control? I stay close to the showroom here and have often see the test drive cars going up and down while sitting at the signal

Thanks - yes it is in mint condition, else I would not have touched it ! With 23500 on the odo, it is just about beginning to break in so to speak !

The Terrain response control does make adjustments to the ride, but it not a height control per se.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi Ricky63,
Congratulations !
That vehicle of yours - its stance, purposeful looks, performance and comfort sure can stoke some serious fires of envy.
A few of the nice bits I caught - Knee airbags...comes as a solace for the week kneed...the tiny side light in the luggage area and so on. Nice, very nice, indeed.
Though my fave from the LR range still remains a Defender-SWB.

Shall be all eyes here for its performance, costs and just about everything else.
May you have many thousands of safe & delightful kilometers in it.
And may we have many updates and photographs of it !

Thanks - may the fires of envy look another way ! Ya the knee airbag is a useful feature, the first in any vehicle that I have owned. For the price what is on offer is a shade under what it should be. They should rationalize the price now that they are being assembled in Pune, mine though is of the original CBU lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I knew you would get this one day from the comments you were posting about FL2, this is faster than I expected. Congrats!

What's the default warranty? And do they give extended warranty and BSI like stuff?

Thanks - so you had a inkling eh ? The warranty is 2 years, have not really bothered to check, will do that, it does not have extended warranty, but I will take it if I can.

BSI ??

Cheers
Old 29th March 2012, 11:31   #37
BHPian

Congrats on the all rounder.
Just one google search and found the amount of mods that can be done to perform in most of the terrains.
Old 29th March 2012, 14:29   #38
BHPian

Congrats Ricky!!! An iconic beast from the stable of one of the best 4WD marque. And I'm glad it was/is in safe hands.

And don't be too disappointed with the white. It's a nice color to have on a big vehicle:
from the "cleaning" point of view. You can afford to not dust the car for a day or two and it will still look good. And scratches will not glare at you in the face.

EDIT: judging by the photo of the black beauty you have posted, am I right in thinking that you are planning to paint black?

Last edited by ssh1979 : 29th March 2012 at 14:32.
Old 29th March 2012, 17:14   #39
BHPian

Hi Ricky,

First of all a big Congrats for your beauty! Indeed you have a enviable garage. I personally like the Rugged and Macho type of cars in white (Personal Opinion). Only one question, may be a silly one but can not resist to ask. While the car is lifted on hydraulic jacks during washing hope no part is damaged, dented or scratched for example the silencer was quite close while lifting the car during washing of your beauty.
Old 29th March 2012, 17:56   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Congrats on the all rounder.
Just one google search and found the amount of mods that can be done to perform in most of the terrains.
Thanks - it can perform on most terrains in stock form too, maybe not very extreme, as the tyres on this vehicle are really not that aggressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
Congrats Ricky!!! An iconic beast from the stable of one of the best 4WD marque. And I'm glad it was/is in safe hands.

And don't be too disappointed with the white. It's a nice color to have on a big vehicle:
from the "cleaning" point of view. You can afford to not dust the car for a day or two and it will still look good. And scratches will not glare at you in the face.

EDIT: judging by the photo of the black beauty you have posted, am I right in thinking that you are planning to paint black?

Thanks - ya from the cleaning POV it may be good, I'd have bought a dark Steel grey if it were a new vehicle.

No no there is no way I am going for a re-paint. It is way tooo expensive, the black beauty or rather the beast is what my friend bought, that is the Range Rover Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by db0009 View Post
Hi Ricky,

First of all a big Congrats for your beauty! Indeed you have a enviable garage. I personally like the Rugged and Macho type of cars in white (Personal Opinion). Only one question, may be a silly one but can not resist to ask. While the car is lifted on hydraulic jacks during washing hope no part is damaged, dented or scratched for example the silencer was quite close while lifting the car during washing of your beauty.

Thanks - lifting the car up for washing is common practise, although now some centers dig a pit in the center, so they do not have to install the lift & air compressor. No worries, nothing is damaged, they are trained to do it - hence safe !

Cheers
Old 30th March 2012, 11:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

Testing the Terrain Response System

Yesterday I took the LR to a empty parking lot in Sector 29 where there was a lot of loose pebbles. The stones that come off loose from badly made roads.

Put the selector on rubble/loose earth and ran circles on the surface, just to see if the Terrain response system really does what it should. And voila - the vehicle did what it was designed to do. No skating or loss of traction, gradually I made the circles tighter, no problem.

So it passed it's first ever test with flying colors !

Cheers
Old 30th March 2012, 12:12   #42
BHPian

Nice to hear that the first test was cleared with distinction . I personally feel that the option for different terrains is quite a boon in specially north India. Keeping my finger crossed for the other terrains as well. For the mud or slush I don't think you have to wait much more as the monsoons are approaching and for the same you have to just visit any of the villages near by and you can get the desired terrain to test your beauty .
Old 31st March 2012, 17:18   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by db0009 View Post
Nice to hear that the first test was cleared with distinction . I personally feel that the option for different terrains is quite a boon in specially north India. Keeping my finger crossed for the other terrains as well. For the mud or slush I don't think you have to wait much more as the monsoons are approaching and for the same you have to just visit any of the villages near by and you can get the desired terrain to test your beauty .

Oh no the rivers that run on Gurgaon roads will not need any change in the terrain response setting, unless of course I land myself in slush which is unlikely on the road. Yes for "testing" one could jolly well go to any of the many vacant plots with loose earth & undulating surfaces, that & the rain would be potent enough

Cheers
Old 31st March 2012, 18:20   #44
Senior - BHPian

Congrat Ricky, looks amazing !!!

That one good line up vehicles you have. I am sure you will be able to test its off road capabilities in our so called roads
Old 31st March 2012, 23:45   #45
Senior - BHPian

congratulations!

wonderful choice for you current situation as its a monocoque and has an automatic.

how effective is the start stop in this one. my grudge with this model is that this is that it does not have low range. But hill decent is there to compensate for this.
But i guess there is no need for these at you place.

Thanks for sharing

Most Viewed