Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2012, 20:19   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Land Rover Freelander 2 - The first on the forum! EDIT: Sold!

Now that I have had the vehicle for a bit - I can say that it was a wise choice !! It ticks all the right boxes for me, other than the fact that in the city with 100% AC useage, it returns no more than 9 kmpl. Which is what my Pajero returned as well. But on the highway run it returns around 12 kmpl, provided one stays in the 80-120 band - which I think is pretty decent.

The handling is superb, the gear shifts seamless, the acceleration awesome, the braking is excellent, the ride quality is excellent, NVH levels are very very acceptable. All in all a very satisfied owner, and a happy one at that !

For me it ticks all the right boxes - please do ask any specific questions if you need to , I would be more than happy to answer them ! :-)

Cheers
Old 23rd May 2012, 21:54   #62
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Ricky and enjoy your ride.

How does maintenance and upkeep of a Freelander 2 compare with say an A6, 520D etc does any one have any idea? The base versions of these models would be roughly the same on road price as the 190 BHP Freelander HSE model.
Old 24th May 2012, 11:15   #63
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Rakesh ji, on the superb purchase. Landrovers have held a soft spot in my heart primarily because they even now are proper tough all terrain vehicles rather than city SUV's. Great choice! Wish you many happy kilometers with it!
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 21:40   #64
BHPian

Hi Ricky - finally got my RS detailed from steam and shine, thanks for recommending them, I liked the result. I am attaching a few shots of my RS. It was very rare to see someone to come in time and do a great job. Mighty pleased. thanks again.

Best ML.
Attached Thumbnails
Land Rover Freelander 2 - The first on the forum! EDIT: Sold!-image2774293418.jpg  

Land Rover Freelander 2 - The first on the forum! EDIT: Sold!-image3183379578.jpg  

Land Rover Freelander 2 - The first on the forum! EDIT: Sold!-image3723759895.jpg  

Land Rover Freelander 2 - The first on the forum! EDIT: Sold!-image2293914696.jpg  

Land Rover Freelander 2 - The first on the forum! EDIT: Sold!-image3421278088.jpg  

Motoringlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 16:54   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Congratulations Rakesh ji, on the superb purchase. Landrovers have held a soft spot in my heart primarily because they even now are proper tough all terrain vehicles rather than city SUV's. Great choice! Wish you many happy kilometers with it!
Hey Navpreet thanks so very much ! Yes it is a vehicle in a different league It has a great feel & drive - I'm loving it !

Just got the 25k service done, changed the brake pads front & rear though they could have lasted another 5k according to JLR (but I had them replaced), I am happy with what I got !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Hi Ricky - finally got my RS detailed from steam and shine, thanks for recommending them, I liked the result. I am attaching a few shots of my RS. It was very rare to see someone to come in time and do a great job. Mighty pleased. thanks again.

Best ML.

@motoringlover - Glad you found the service upto the mark. They are really good at what they do, and super convenient too !! I am sure you found a HUGE difference in the before & after look & feel of the RS !!

Cheers
Old 26th July 2012, 17:19   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
@motoringlover - Glad you found the service upto the mark. They are really good at what they do, and super convenient too !! I am sure you found a HUGE difference in the before & after look & feel of the RS !!

Cheers
My Biggest issue was with the alloys, i tried cleaning them quite a bit - but to no avail, the pressure steam cleaning did the trick. I am getting very tempted to include some sort of routine with this cleaning [May be once every 3-4 months], not sure what the long term impact is going to be on the paint.

Thanks for sharing Ricky.

Best - Motoringlover.
Old 26th July 2012, 18:33   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Congrats Ricky and enjoy your ride.

How does maintenance and upkeep of a Freelander 2 compare with say an A6, 520D etc does any one have any idea? The base versions of these models would be roughly the same on road price as the 190 BHP Freelander HSE model.

Thanks Axe77 !!

Maintenance should be at par with the Audi & BMW's..I just got it serviced & paid for routine stuff other than brake pads (all 4 wheels) and brake oil flush & refill. Paid 50k out of which brakes themselves took out around 27k if I remember right - so considering that it has a 15k service interval, around 20-25k is fairly ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
My Biggest issue was with the alloys, i tried cleaning them quite a bit - but to no avail, the pressure steam cleaning did the trick. I am getting very tempted to include some sort of routine with this cleaning [May be once every 3-4 months], not sure what the long term impact is going to be on the paint.

Thanks for sharing Ricky.

Best - Motoringlover.

Yes I agree the alloys tend to get very dusty on the inside & due to heat the muck sticks on very hard, but once these guys are done, alloys pretty much look like new ! I think I would go with the process once in 6 months for sure. There is nothing that will damage the paint IMHO.

Cheers
Old 26th July 2012, 18:47   #68
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ricky,
Congrats for the Rover. I believe I missed this thread. Still to go through it.

Just a few questions. I hear a new service station is coming up before the manesar toll on expressway? How was the experience with the service center on mathura road? Can you please put complete details of the bill?

Also glad to know that the car manages to return 9kmpl in city. I believe the engine of HSE and Evoque are same. Cousin has booked an Evoque and we expect delivery in first or second week of august .

sorry for soo many questions..will go through the complete thread and then ask a few more questions .

Regards
Gaurav

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 26th July 2012 at 18:50.
Old 26th July 2012, 21:32   #69
Senior - BHPian

Here is a picture of the Freelander as it is today !

The workshop opening in Gurgaon is only a bodyshop according to the dealer. The car will still to the older workshop for service or mechanical jobs, which is fairly silly !!! :-( Given that the vehicle sells well in Gurgaon. Statistically Gurgaon has a way higher percentage of "luxury segment" vehicles across the brands than even Delhi (newspaper info)

There is no problem with the workshop in Delhi other than the to & fro. The dealer is slack at arranging small parts due to his monopoly but a whip from JLR does the trick.

The Evoque is a Freelander 2 in fancier clothes - period. The mechanicals would be the same, just the body & interior parts are rounded to cater to the Q5 segment.... i.e. looks !! I personally always prefer this angular look vs the rounded look

Anyway, these are great vehicles to own & drive, as long as one does not mind service cost !! :-)

Have fun
Attached Thumbnails
Land Rover Freelander 2 - The first on the forum! EDIT: Sold!-dsc_3744.jpg  

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 26th July 2012 at 21:42.
Ricky_63 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 18:22   #70
Senior - BHPian

Did some off roading with the Freelander. Will post videos for the viewing of the community
Old 15th October 2012, 11:27   #71
Senior - BHPian

Apologies - am unable to post a link nor am able to post the video :-(

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 15th October 2012 at 11:29.
Old 16th October 2012, 08:53   #72
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations! A bit late but still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Apologies - am unable to post a link nor am able to post the video :-(
Uploading on You Tube and copying pasting its link might just work.

EDIT : How does the Pajero fare against it? Interested to know ride/handling & cruise ability @ ~100kmph. And the ability to clamber over dividers

Last edited by Sheel : 16th October 2012 at 08:58.
Old 16th October 2012, 11:31   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Congratulations! A bit late but still...

Uploading on You Tube and copying pasting its link might just work.

EDIT : How does the Pajero fare against it? Interested to know ride/handling & cruise ability @ ~100kmph. And the ability to clamber over dividers

Thanks Sheel. Ya I will try the You Tube route I guess

Well the ride & handling of the Pajero & the LR are far far apart. As for doing 100 kmph in the LR you hit the number without any effort or engine noise - where as the Pajero is not too happy (relatively speaking) though the Pajero can & does cruise at 100 kmph all day on a highway. Just that they are both VERY different animals .

As for clambering over dividers is easy in either, but I would do it in a Pajero without too much thought, but in the LR maybe not, as in case of damage the repair bills can be quite high

Cheers

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th October 2012 at 23:09. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post please, thanks
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 10:36   #74
Senior - BHPian

Finally a link to the LR video :-)

Those a 3 videos ! Hope you like them

Cheers

Last edited by GTO : 26th October 2012 at 13:06. Reason: Embedding videos on Team-BHP. Simply cut-copy-paste the regular http youtube url :)
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 09:59   #75
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Ricky, albeit a little late too. Do post in detail on the service experience and costs and hows the SUV doing.

Drive safe...

Last edited by dkaile : 25th October 2012 at 10:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks