Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2012, 19:10   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Land Rover Freelander 2 - The first on the forum! EDIT: Sold!

Thanks @dkaile

The service was just fine, no problem. I had posted about it earlier as well. The LR is doing GREAT, it is way more fun than the Q5 that I was driving - all in all a very capable vehicle ! In off road situations it is incompareable. But also a great on road vehicle

Cheers
Old 20th December 2012, 11:51   #77
BHPian

Rims for a 2012 Freelander 2

Hi Guys. I have booked a Freelander 2 SE a few weeks ago and am looking to change the wheel rims.

I am keeping them the same size (17 inches) but thinking of changing to MSW black alloys. The problem i am facing now though is should i be ordering 17x7.5's or 17x8's.

I asked the dealership but they could not give me a satisfying answer and since i am ordering these from overseas i obviously do not want to order the wrong size. Does anybody know?
Old 23rd December 2012, 12:26   #78
Senior - BHPian

The stock size of the rim would be given on the website / handbook. Check out the stepney, the size would be embossed on the rim

Cheers
Old 29th June 2014, 11:33   #79

Hello Ricky.

Can you please tell me how your experience with the LR after sales service has been so far , and how has the car held up, any major issues ?
Land Rover has earned a very bad rep recently, thanks to all the horrific ownership stories on the forum.

We are planning to replace our Fortuner by this years end.
Options are the upcoming facelifted BMW X3 , and the new Freelander called the Discovery Sport which is expected to be revealed in October.
Budget is up to 55.
This is gonna be my Dad's primary car so its gotta be reliable.
We had a F10 5 series and replaced it with a F02 7 series, and our experience with BMW's after sales service has been very positive so far.
So by sticking with the X3 I know it would be a safe bet, but I can't seem to "connect" with the X3 for some reason.
The spy pics of the Discovery Sport (New Freelander) on the other hand look amazing.

Now my only concern is the reliability of a Land Rover, because if the car breaks down I'll have to do a lot of explaining.
Please share the highlights of your ownership.
Old 30th June 2014, 17:13   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Now my only concern is the reliability of a Land Rover, because if the car breaks down I'll have to do a lot of explaining.
Please share the highlights of your ownership.
Any car can break down.
For example you can buy a car where 1 cars in 10,000 breaks down and you are 1 in 10,000.
Or you can buy a car where 4 in every 5 cars breaks down and your's doesn't.

The trick is probability and risk.
Are you willing to risk?

Lets say hypothetically, 5 out of 10 break down. Ricky's didn't. Will that mean its reliable?
It really does not mean anything.

If you are interested in minimizing risk, you have to play the probability game and buy a car which has lower probability of breaking down than others.
Old 30th June 2014, 22:08   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If you are interested in minimizing risk, you have to play the probability game and buy a car which has lower probability of breaking down than others.
Absolutely correct.
Hence I was trying to find out if there is at least one Land Rover owner who is fully satisfied with his car.

According to my current calculations there is a 100% probability of the Discovery Sport giving problems , as I haven't come across a single LR owner who has had a trouble free ownership.
Nobody in my immediate circle owns a JRL product, hence resorted to Team BHP.

Head says X3 , heart says Discovery Sport.
So the question is, am I willing to risk it ?
I don't know yet
Requiem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 19:54   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Any updates on the car Ricky? Been almost 2 years since the thread was updated.
Old 2nd March 2016, 23:19   #83
BHPian

Ricky, congrats on the beautiful ownership. I found a FL2 SD4 HSE, done 58000 kms and asking for 25.5L. Pics look mint condition. Insurance is valid for 9 more months, changed brake pads and discs. Recently serviced. Requesting Suggestions/Inputs. Should I buy it? Is the price right.
Old 28th June 2019, 19:37   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Ricky.

Can you please tell me how your experience with the LR after sales service has been so far , and how has the car held up, any major issues ?
Land Rover has earned a very bad rep recently, thanks to all the horrific ownership stories on the forum.
Never buy a JLR product if you want peace of mind !! I sold it and the guy who bought it has been visiting the workshop more than driving the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Any car can break down.
For example you can buy a car where 1 cars in 10,000 breaks down and you are 1 in 10,000.
Or you can buy a car where 4 in every 5 cars breaks down and your's doesn't.
JLR is one brand where one can be assured of visiting the workshop for major & minor breakdowns. Add to it the arrogant attitude of the dealer workshop. Add to that the prohibitive cost & an ill-equipped parts stock

Quote:
Absolutely correct.
Hence I was trying to find out if there is at least one Land Rover owner who is fully satisfied with his car.
Go with the X3 without question

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Any updates on the car Ricky? Been almost 2 years since the thread was updated.
I had been on & off the forum for certain reasons. Apologies. Sold the car after a year & six months. Good riddance

Quote:
Originally Posted by htanna View Post
Ricky, congrats on the beautiful ownership. I found a FL2 SD4 HSE, done 58000 kms and asking for 25.5L. Pics look mint condition. Insurance is valid for 9 more months, changed brake pads and discs. Recently serviced. Requesting Suggestions/Inputs. Should I buy it? Is the price right.

What model year are you talking about ? I sold mine with way lesser mileage for 25, way back in 2015

My sincere apologies to everyone. I was off the net & the forum for a longish time. The answers may be of no use now, but I thought I need to reply to those that had posted here.

Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 29th June 2019 at 07:26. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Ricky_63 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed