Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2012, 16:35   #31
BHPian

Re: Maruti Dzire Zdi Initial Ownership review

congrats on the new car.
how do you find the handling when compared with that of Swift, Figo, etc. (in case you test drove them)?
Old 13th April 2012, 17:07   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new car. White color looks great and the boot space is also reasonable. Sufficient for regular weekend trips for family of 4.
Old 13th April 2012, 22:41   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
how do you find the handling when compared with that of Swift, Figo, etc. (in case you test drove them)?
I had taken test drives of Swift and Figo in November (I had originally booked the swift).

Handling wise, I will rate Swift better than the Dzire. I don't remember about Figo as it was quite sometime back.
Old 14th April 2012, 06:54   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
congrats on the new car.
Following is my take. I test drove a lot of cars and finally picked up a DZIRE ZDI

As far as handling is concerned, FIGO>SWIFT>DZIRE.
As far as ride is concerned, FIGO=DZIRE>SWIFT
If you look at Fun to ride, SWIFT>DZIRE>FIGO.
cruiser_1982 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2012, 08:52   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi_k View Post

1st Service Update:

Total cost : Rs.15/- that too for windshield washer fluid. The SA suggested a MGP fluid instead of regular shampoo. As it was not too costly I decided to try it out.

The service experience was very good. The SA checked the car neatly and noted down a complaint - the front left door knob was not fitted properly (check the pictures in the previous post).

The problem was fixed, car checked and washed and delivered in around 2 hours.

The car comes with synthetic oil and the SA suggested not to change oil. The SA said had it been regular oil, he himself would have suggested an oil change but it is absolutely not required in my case.The oil change interval is 10K KMs. I am still in two minds if I should change the oil. An oil change will cost around 2.7k. Suggestions welcome
Hi Adi

Let me first congratulate you for the wonderful car you have bought, and wish you a lot of mile munching in it.

Well I think the new Desire and Swift are coming with synthetic oil because one month back when i gave my Ritz VDi for first service they changed the oil by default. I think you should stick to the user manual as the manufacturer will know the what is best for your car.

Congrats Again

cheers
.sourov
Old 14th April 2012, 09:15   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
Following is my take. I test drove a lot of cars and finally picked up a DZIRE ZDI

As far as handling is concerned, FIGO>SWIFT>DZIRE.
As far as ride is concerned, FIGO=DZIRE>SWIFT
If you look at Fun to ride, SWIFT>DZIRE>FIGO.
Its interesting to see that you rate Figo as the best handler,yet consider it to be the least fun to drive.
I guess DDiS engine has something to do with overall fun
Old 14th April 2012, 09:35   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Its interesting to see that you rate Figo as the best handler,yet consider it to be the least fun to drive.
I guess DDiS engine has something to do with overall fun
i have test driven Figo and Swift (VDi) recently and Figo handled much better and in a composed way; probably because of puny tyres in Swift VDi but Swift's engine is more refined, silent, and responsive.
Old 16th April 2012, 22:41   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Congrats on the new car. White color looks great and the boot space is also reasonable. Sufficient for regular weekend trips for family of 4.
Completely agree. The rear space is alright for 3 but can fit car-seat + 1 comfortably.
Old 9th May 2012, 21:09   #39
BHPian

Just back from a drive to Mumbai. It was fun! Car reaches 80 kmph is no time.

Drove around in Mumbai in peak traffic (phew!) and got a average of 22 KMPL.

Accidently found a good feature in the car. There is a alarm if the car moves ahead with hand break engaged. I was confused on hearing the alarm but when I checked the console the hand-brake on sign was glowing. A nifty feature.
Adi_k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 22:36   #40
BHPian

The car is back from second service. I have clocked 5000 kms in 4 months from purchase.

The bill amount Rs.408/-.

Break-up is as follows

Rs. 350 for alignment & Rs.13 for winsheild washer fluid. Rest all are taxes (VAT, service tax).

Wheel roatation was also carried out.

I am not happy with the way car was cleaned. There were marks on the windsheild and windows.

Neutral about the overall service experience.

Alignment is costly at service centers but got it done as its a routine and didn't want to do anything that would give MSIL folks a reason to void warrenty. Basically, peace of mind.
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:33   #41
BHPian

Third Service update.

Since I have shifted to Mumbai, this service was done at Sai Service, Lower Parel. I have clocked more than 10,000 kms in around 6 months.

Oil & Oil filter change are the major items. No other expense. Routine checks carried out and things are alright.

Total cost 4200/-

The car is breeze to drive in traffic and on open roads. Overall fuel efficiency as recorded on the MID is 19.1 kmpl.

Overall, quite happy with the car.
Old 7th April 2015, 00:04   #42
BHPian

Re: Maruti Dzire Zdi Initial Ownership review - 39500 KM Update

Over the past 3 years the car has covered around 39500 kms. The ownership till date has been non eventful and I am not complaining. The car is still smooth to drive and is delivering to its strength i.e. reliability, fuel efficiency and fun filled diesel experience (read the turbo) .

I got the 40K service done a bit early as I thought the engine sound was more than normal. Service at every 20K interval is a major one wherein all the fluids are changed along with all the filters.

Maruti uses Mobil1 oil. This was the major cost in the servicing.

The bad part was the front right shock absorber had leaked which was discovered during the service which set me back by around Rs.2500

Overall service cost estimate was around 11K but with the shock absorber replacement went to 14 K.

During the service the service center has reset my FE indicator which was showing 18.7 KMPL. I was told that this counter gets reset whenever battery terminal is disconnected which I find hard to believe. Is this true or is the service advisor taking me for a ride?
Old 7th April 2015, 01:07   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The bad part was the front right shock absorber had leaked which was discovered during the service which set me back by around Rs.2500

Overall service cost estimate was around 11K but with the shock absorber replacement went to 14 K.

During the service the service center has reset my FE indicator which was showing 18.7 KMPL. I was told that this counter gets reset whenever battery terminal is disconnected which I find hard to believe. Is this true or is the service advisor taking me for a ride?
Hey why was the strut not covered under warranty ? If it was bent, yes it would not be covered under warranty but leaking it should be covered under warranty. Suspension warranty is present till 60 thousand kilometers (Don't remember the years)

The counter does get reset when the battery terminal is connected. Service advisor is right.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 23:13   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Hey why was the strut not covered under warranty ? If it was bent, yes it would not be covered under warranty but leaking it should be covered under warranty. Suspension warranty is present till 60 thousand kilometers (Don't remember the years)
My extended warranty lapsed just last month .

I had a problem with a tie rod last month which was covered under warranty. I have a strong suspicion that the service center didn't bring up the point of leak in last month as they didn't want to offer warranty. However, I have no way to prove it.

Does it matter to the service center if they do not offer warranty?
Old 14th April 2015, 01:27   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My extended warranty lapsed just last month .

I had a problem with a tie rod last month which was covered under warranty. I have a strong suspicion that the service center didn't bring up the point of leak in last month as they didn't want to offer warranty. However, I have no way to prove it.

Does it matter to the service center if they do not offer warranty?
No, It makes no difference to the service station if they give warranty or not as Maruti pays for the part and the labour spent fixing it anyway. In my experience at Navneet, they have changed everything in my car which they thought would not last long before my warranty expired.

BTW, since at 40 thousand kilometers you have changed only one strut, do you find only side of the car taking more of a dip during hard braking because your one strut is new while the other is old and would have sagged a bit.

Ideally, you should have changed both of them, but see if you find any handling issues or excessive one side pulling issues during hard braking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks