Team-BHP - Maruti Dzire Zdi Initial Ownership review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Maruti Dzire Zdi Initial Ownership review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/117759-maruti-dzire-zdi-initial-ownership-review.html)

I had booked a Swift Zdi in November 2011. During the booking I had told the sales person that if new Dzire is launched I might transfer my booking to Dzire. This was agreed and the wait began.

I called up the dealer on launch of new Dzire and asked him to transfer my booking to Dzire ZDI. I was a month or two away from getting the Swift per his booking queue and hence the dealer agreed to allocate me a Dzire in the initial lots. The colour of choice was Silver.

On 27th Feb I received a call from the dealer saying a White ZDI is available and he can allocate the car to me in case I am alright with the colour. I said yes!

Took half-day off and went to the dealer stockyard to do the PDI. Observed no problems with the car. Found a ticket mentioning that the car had left the factory on 16th Feb so went to the showroom and paid the balance amount.

Got the insurance done from outside and got a 0% depreciation policy at the cost at which dealer was providing a regular policy clap:

On the delivery day checked the car again. The car had done around 35 kms and the distance from stockyard to dealership is somewhere around 30kms. The delivery was smooth collected all the documents had a demo and rolled the car out at noon. I will give 10/10 to the dealer.

The engine noise is audible on cold starts. The car becomes silent on traveling a KM or two. The turbo boost at 1800 rpm is a nice feeling especially if you are moving from a petrol car to a diesel car.

The car is very easy to drive in the city. The only thing one needs to understand is precise gear-shift is a key to smooth ride else one just tries to press the pedal and the car doesn't respond. I believe I have mastered the diesel in the city and its fun.

Had a short trip to Ozhar and the car is different beast on open roads. The car just loves to be driven aggressively. Touching 80km/hr is breeze even with 4 adults on board. It's quite a task to keep the car at 80 Km/hr :D

The ACC is quite powerful. The ACC was able to maintain the cabin at comfortable temperature (23 C) even though the outside temperature was 37 C.

The bootspace is enough for a small family. It perfectly fits the baby pram and car seat which is a big +ve for me.

The suspension is soft and ideal for city runs. It easily soaks up pretty bad roads. This is a boon on state highways as well.

Overall got around 18.5 KMPL tank-full to tank-full method with 100% AC.

Following is a summary of +ves and -ves

+ves-vesAftermarket accessories

Thread moved here from Assembly line section. Thanks for sharing the review with us

Congrats Adi .
I think this is the 1st new deZire on TBHP.
Dont worry about the diesel engine clatter, you will get used it to .
How much was the on-road price for ZDI in pune.
I some how liked this new avatar of deZire, it looks good man.
Bdw i think the review needs some pictures also .

Cheers and drive safe

Keep it coming man! There are lots in the forum who are looking for a Dzire ownership report. Please add some [LOTS :D] pics of the car.

Congrats & wish you miles of happy & safe motoring!

Congratulation Adi on the first *new* Dzire on the forum. Nice and crisp review.

Any upgrades planned? ICE? Tyres.

Do post lots of pictures and keep your thread updated as you crunch miles.

Good luck and drive safe

Congrats on your new car! Please post pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adi_k (Post 2722024)
The car is very easy to drive in the city.

This will be the best plus point of the new DZire compared to other sedans.

Congratulations on the new car Adi.:thumbs up

You are getting a good mileage. I believe the Dzire suspensions must have been thoroughly tested during the rocky Ozhar trip.

Can you post some pics of the car esp of the boot and interior. I am sure you would be opting ofor the rear parking sensors considering the smallish rear wind screen. How does the car handle on sharp turns?

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.

Hey Adi congrats on the new car and the first new Dezire in TBHP.

I am planning to buy this car as well and will be keeping a very close watch on your experience.

Please try as much as possible to keep this thread alive and yes waiting for the pics.

Enjoy your new ride.

Finally a Ownership review in team-bhp. Congrats Adi_K on your New Dzire ZDI!
Nice writeup minus pics. Please add some pics.

Drive Safe and have fun!

Thanks Guys! Will try and post pics over the weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schoudhury (Post 2722668)
Congrats Adi .
How much was the on-road price for ZDI in pune.

The on-road price was 7.93L including the extended warranty. Even I liked the Dzire as a package.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arup.misra (Post 2722749)

Any upgrades planned? ICE? Tyres.

I would really like to upgrade the shoes but will wait for a year. The prices offered for the current ones is too low. The ICE is alright. I plan to add an amp and get new speakers but will wait till accessories shop get a hang of these things :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 2722763)
Congratulations on the new car Adi.:thumbs up

You are getting a good mileage. I believe the Dzire suspensions must have been thoroughly tested during the rocky Ozhar trip.

Can you post some pics of the car esp of the boot and interior. I am sure you would be opting ofor the rear parking sensors considering the smallish rear wind screen. How does the car handle on sharp turns?

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.

Yeah! Happy withe the mileage. The suspensions were tested on Pune Narayangaon route. The route from Narayangoan to Ozhar is newly laid so perfect driving conditions.

The car is alright on sharp turns but the Swift scores in this area.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VBoss (Post 2722772)
I am planning to buy this car as well and will be keeping a very close watch on your experience.

Please try as much as possible to keep this thread alive and yes waiting for the pics.

I will definitely try to keep this thread alive. Depends on the readers interest as well ;)

Congratulations on this new purchase.

Did you compare the Dzire's boot with the outgoing Dzire boot? how much is the difference? Would appreciate if you could post some pictures of the car, especially the boot, how big/small it is? Thanks.

Congrats on your new car, Adi !! A very neat and concise ownership thread. Am sure this is one of the first few New Dzire ownership threads on Team BHP.

Wishing you safe and happy driving !!

Congrats alot Adi for getting your New Dzire ZDi.
Even I'm waiting for mine, which is also expected very soon, but is being delayed by very much Un-Cooperative Maruti Suzuki dealers company itself.

Anways, Good luck for the Ownership experience.
Do update this thread with the pics of your New Dzire. Nobody will be more eager than me here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adi_k (Post 2722024)
Got the insurance done from outside and got a 0% depreciation policy at the cost at which dealer was providing a regular policy clap:

Aftermarket accessories
  • 3M Films
  • Floor mats

Congrats Adi_k on your car and thanks for the first ownership review of the new Dzire. The new Dzire looks much better than the previous one. I am eagerly awaiting my VXi...

1) The insurance deal seems to be good... Who was the insurance provider.
2) Are the Floor Mats not provided by the dealer free?:Shockked:

Also, pl. post pics

I will try and post pics today evening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 (Post 2724319)
Did you compare the Dzire's boot with the outgoing Dzire boot? how much is the difference? Would appreciate if you could post some pictures of the car, especially the boot, how big/small it is? Thanks.

To be honest, No.

I saw the demo car post the launch and checked the boot from a day-to-day utility perspective and found it sufficient. I don't plan to move the house using the car anyway. The boot is sufficient for a family's luggage and more than enough for day to day errands.

Boot bigger than the one in Swift was a requirement but a Manza like boot was a good to have. The boot of Fabia is good enough as well but didn't want to go for Skoda after the A.S.S horror stories on the forum.

I will post a few pics of the boot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadhuG (Post 2725077)
1) The insurance deal seems to be good... Who was the insurance provider.
2) Are the Floor Mats not provided by the dealer free?:Shockked:

The insurance provider is Tata AIG. I got the insurance done through their contact center and it turned out to be cheapest. The dealer was quoting 19k while I got the 0% depreciation insurance for 20k odd. Which I think is quite good considering that the dealer was quoting around 27 - 28 K for 0% depreciation.

Nothing for free if you are a Swift /Dzire customer. Only thing free in the showroom was glass of water and a cup of tea. :Frustrati