Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2013, 12:20   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar@Chadha View Post
My skoda superb 2012 model dashboard, black portion is showing dry white marks..it is not exposed to much sunlight as it is parked in the basement. Does it require some kind of polish. ..could you please advise.
You can use Formula 1 Protectant Spray for rubber, vinyl, leather and plastic surfaces.

Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-f1scratch-out.jpg
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 18:26   #467

Dear Dkaile,

One strange issue...in my superb elegance model, once the doors are locked, I am unable to unlock all doors from the drivers side but it is possible from the passenger side door. Is there some setting which I am missing. ..I saw the manual but could not figure out. .thanks for your help...Amarpal
Old 19th November 2013, 19:39   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One strange issue...in my superb elegance model, once the doors are locked, I am unable to unlock all doors from the drivers side but it is possible from the passenger side door. Is there some setting which I am missing. l
I hope you are trying to lock/unlock with all doors shut. Also check the settings in convenience under central locking that it is set to lock/unlock all doors. It should then unlock all doors from both sides.
Old 19th November 2013, 21:03   #469
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Dear Dkaile,

One strange issue...in my superb elegance model, once the doors are locked, I am unable to unlock all doors from the drivers side but it is possible from the passenger side door. Is there some setting which I am missing. ..I saw the manual but could not figure out. .thanks for your help...Amarpal
Are you talking of the central locking switch on both the doors? If the drivers side does not unlock all doors then it may be a loose connection of some sort. Does the drive door unlock with that switch, or none of the doors?
Old 19th November 2013, 21:15   #470

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
I hope you are trying to lock/unlock with all doors shut. Also check the settings in convenience under central locking that it is set to lock/unlock all doors. It should then unlock all doors from both sides.
Yes...I am doing that... Even the setting is correct but it opens only the driver side door whereas the passenger side button opens all.
Old 20th November 2013, 08:04   #471
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes...I am doing that... Even the setting is correct but it opens only the driver side door whereas the passenger side button opens all.
On my Jetta, there is an option to open one side only. You must have selected that
Old 20th November 2013, 09:49   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even the setting is correct but it opens only the driver side door whereas the passenger side button opens all.
Does 2 taps on the unlock button open all doors? If not, and if you are sure all settings are set to open all doors simultaneously, then you need to check with the ASC for some software or hardware glitch.
Old 21st November 2013, 20:05   #473
Team-BHP Support

Dkaile and other Superb owners. Need some help in my Mama's Superb.

1. Can you guys tell me where the auto headlight sensor is? Is it on windshield behind the IRVM or on centre of the dash below a small square plastic piece?

2. Where is the sensor for climate control? Again behind the IRVM or on top of dash? I see 2 small sensors behind the IRVM.

3. How in the world do you get the climate control to work properly?? I set the climatronic in Auto HIGH mode and set air quality sensor ON i.e. the small light below the "A" in recirculation button is ON. Even then the system struggles to maintain temperature and when you pass thru a smelly place the smell makes it way inside the cabin. If I turn the recirculation to ON and not Auto, the Auto light for the climatronic turns off. Does that mean it is not in Auto mode?

4. How do I activate the automatic wipers? Don't see any setting for it in MFD also.

5. What does ATA confirm mean in MFD?

PS: As you can see I am dissecting a Superb
Old 21st November 2013, 20:32   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
1. Can you guys tell me where the auto headlight sensor is? Is it on windshield behind the IRVM or on centre of the dash below a small square plastic piece?
On the windshield behind the IRVM
Quote:
2. Where is the sensor for climate control? Again behind the IRVM or on top of dash? I see 2 small sensors behind the IRVM.
There are multiple sensors afaik. One inside engine bay and others hidden behind dash and other interior fittings.
Quote:
3. How in the world do you get the climate control to work properly?? I set the climatronic in Auto HIGH mode and set air quality sensor ON i.e. the small light below the "A" in recirculation button is ON. Even then the system struggles to maintain temperature and when you pass thru a smelly place the smell makes it way inside the cabin. If I turn the recirculation to ON and not Auto, the Auto light for the climatronic turns off. Does that mean it is not in Auto mode?
Best cooling - Auto High Mode ON and Recirc Mode on Auto i.e. Left Light on Recirc Mode switch is on. This lets in little bit of fresh air/bad smell also. If Full Recirc mode is ON (by 2 taps on the Recirc switch) i.e. Right Light in Recirc Mode switch is on, then fresh air from outside is completely blocked but Auto Mode turns off. But AFAI have experienced, temperature is still controlled automatically by what you have set. I usually set at 22-23 degrees even in peak summers and have got excellent cooling.
Quote:
4. How do I activate the automatic wipers? Don't see any setting for it in MFD also.
The second sensor behind IRVM is for Auto Wipers. For rain sensing auto wiper, the wiper lever has to be on no. 1 position i.e. Intermittent position and sensitivity is set by the top sensitivity toggle switch. The car will automatically sense when it rains and start wiping according to sensitivity set.
Quote:
Switch on/off the acoustic signal indicating activation of the anti-theft alarm system.

Hope that helps...

Last edited by dkaile : 21st November 2013 at 20:57.
dkaile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 20:36   #475
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
On my Jetta, there is an option to open one side only. You must have selected that
Quote:
Does 2 taps on the unlock button open all doors? If not, and if you are sure all settings are set to open all doors simultaneously, then you need to check with the ASC for some software or hardware glitch.
Guys I think he is talking about the interior central locking switch. The Superb has one on each of the front doors, and if I'm not mistaken they always open all the doors. The settings in the MID you are talking about are only for when unlocking with the remote.

Quote:
Dkaile and other Superb owners. Need some help in my Mama's Superb.

PS: As you can see I am dissecting a Superb
Vid let me try and help you with that -

1) The auto headlight sensor is the little square on the back of the IRVM.

2) The climate control has various sensors. One is on the dash, right up front in the middle. That is the sunlight sensor, and there is also an interior temp sensor on the climate control panel itself.

3) I would suggest you keep recirculation on always on, and not on auto. It doesn't work well in India. Also yes the Auto light goes off when you change the recirculation to always on, but the ac is still on auto mode. Its just not on full auto. So it will try to maintain the temp and do everything as before, except control the recirculation settings.

4) The auto wipers are the first slot when you push the wiper stalk up. There is no intermittent setting in this car. Its like this - Push down in single wipe, then is normal position, push up to the first slot is auto, the second slot on continuous slow, and the third slot is continuous fast. You will also see a little switch on the wiper stalk itself. That adjusts the sensitivity of the rain sensor. If you feel it is not keeping up with the rain you can increase it from there. The rain sensor is the thing on the back of the IRVM which is the weird looking thing.

5) No clue.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 21:21   #476
Team-BHP Support

Thanks guys.

Okay here's the scene. There are 2 problems.

1. The auto headlamps do not work. It will not even turn off in direct sunlight.

My suspect was that the square plastic piece on centre of dash houses the headlight sensor and the driver has wonderfully covered that with a ganesh idol leading to the auto lights not working. But you guys are saying the headlight sensor is behind the IRVM.

2. The climate control in auto is not effective. It is being used like manual right now.

I tried Auto HIGH (right green light ON) and recirculation AUTO. This is acceptable. Auto LOW is useless even when outside temp is max 30C. I remember in the new Octavia, everytime I switch the recirc ON, the AUTO would turn OFF but Skoda said there is a known defect in the new Octavia which will be corrected in production batches. Looks like same issue here but manual mentions that changing blower speed or recirc mode switches OFF automatic climate control.
Old 21st November 2013, 21:30   #477
Senior - BHPian

Vid, not sure if this is the cause, but in most cars, the sensor in the centre of the dashboard is the solar/temperature sensor which feeds input to the climate control module.

I faced the same scenario but in a different car. There was an idol blocking the sun's rays and I used to get ineffective cooling. I relocated the idol such that sun's rays from all angles are not blocked on the way to the sensor and my problem was solved.

I beleive this is the case for your ineffective cooling, just give this a try!
DRIV3R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 06:37   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are 2 problems.
It seems to me that the car's sensors are not working properly because the Auto headlights should work irrespective of the idol placement. If the issue remains after moving the blocking idol, I would advise a proper VAG scan to isolate the issue and get the defective parts changed.

Last edited by dkaile : 22nd November 2013 at 06:40.
Old 22nd November 2013, 11:01   #479
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It seems to me that the car's sensors are not working properly because the Auto headlights should work irrespective of the idol placement. If the issue remains after moving the blocking idol, I would advise a proper VAG scan to isolate the issue and get the defective parts changed.
There's no error on the MFD. Also, car is hardly used 8000kms in close to 2 years.

Today will be removing the idol to check auto lights.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 11:31   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There's no error on the MFD.
Sensor failure won't show up on MFD. You need a complete VAG scan to determine it's failure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks