Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2012, 13:58   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4

Thanks ben. My accessories guy said the same too. Wanted to put a swanky neat little switch for the fogs. I am inclined to keep it as stock as possible. But I know that this inclination will not last long.

If wishes were true, then horses........! Whether they did the PDI or not is in itself doubtful.

At present when I open the dicky door the cabin lights come on even if one of the front doors is not open. And for that matter if I only open the bonnet then too the cabin lights come on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post

Congrats on the LX 4x4, GD. Great set of mods on the vehicle.

My dealer provided a seperate switch for the fog lamps below the steering wheel, when i got them fitted at the time of delivery. You can refer my ownerhsip thread for the same. Anjaan had a seperate switch which was provided on the center console for the fog lamps.

This should have been done at the time of PDI.

To add to your peeves, here is another one. Open the rear doors, without opening the front doors. You would realize that the cabin light does not light up. The boffins at M&M have been stingy with two sensors and wiring for the rear doors, which are responsible for lighting up the cabin when the door is opened. Go figure!
Old 29th March 2012, 14:06   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
At present when I open the dicky door the cabin lights come on even if one of the front doors is not open. And for that matter if I only open the bonnet then too the cabin lights come on.
I am not referring to the hatch door. Open the doors to access the rear seats, and check.
Old 29th March 2012, 14:52   #48
BANNED

Quote:
To continue further, When I took the delivery on 9th March, the odo read 7.2 Kms. Twenty days later the odo reads - 1966 Kms. This included two round-trips to Sariska & back and some city driving.

Two tank refills have returned a mileage of 13.66 kmpl & 14.7 Kmpl with intermittent AC usage.

Some of my observations:

4. The speedo has an error of 5 km/h. Checked with two different GPS units. GPS shows 95 km/h while the speedo needle is on 100 km/h.

5. Unending power. Even at 110 + km/h, the pedal is not even floored halfway.

6. True to Scorpio tradition, uncomfortable driver seat. Tires you out. And the funny depression in the middle of the seat hampers vision of shortys like me. I will need to put extra sponge under the cover to raise the height.
I have not driven an MHawk so far, does it feel all that different from the earlier engine?

That is some great FE figures you are getting. What speeds did you maintain and how many passengers were there in the truck?

Even Hariya's speedo error is 5kmph. M&M's quality has been consistent

Though a few people say this, I find Hariya's driver seat very very comfortable to be in, for hours on end. I keep it slightly erect though, to aid the correct seating posture and keep the steering at its lowest possible position.

I see that the Red Bull is replaced with a white one on the Bull-II. Bull less angry now??

PS: I guess it is time to change your profile pic now, to either of the bulls in your stable, or better the pic with both of them together.

Last edited by n.devdath : 29th March 2012 at 14:53. Reason: Adding a point.
Old 29th March 2012, 14:53   #49
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 30th March 2012 at 19:27.
panky12345 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th March 2012, 14:56   #50
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Guruji on your new acquisition.

I like the idea of the wire mesh at the AC hole and will get it done myself also.

Cheers
Old 29th March 2012, 15:02   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Even Hariya's speedo error is 5kmph. M&M's quality has been consistent
Quote:
4. The speedo has an error of 5 km/h.
Error can be expected due to non-standard tyre size on TB II. 5km/h at 100 km/h (5% error) is very much a feature of most cars, not just M&M vehicles.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 29th March 2012 at 15:03.
Old 29th March 2012, 15:56   #52
BHPian

Congrats GD Sir for your new ride.

I have a quick query - would all the after-market electronics accessory fitment not void the vehicle warranty?
Old 29th March 2012, 20:59   #53
Senior - BHPian

Oh that way.Yes you are right. When TB II first came in from the showroom, the cabin lights wouldn't come on if the rear doors were opened. After the Autocop remote locking system was installed, sensors were installed on the rear doors and the cabin lights were activated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post

I am not referring to the hatch door. Open the doors to access the rear seats, and check.
And I've not driven the CRDe extensively. So as compared to DI, there is a vast difference.

In the city the speeds, on an average has been around 60 km/h. On the highway I kept it below 100 km/h averaging to 85-90 km/h. Four passengers on a few occasions and mostly two.

The Bull has always been white. It never ever was red. And angrier & more irritable than before...

Currently have no intention to change the profile picture. Aap kaun hote gain mujhe kehne wale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

I have not driven an MHawk so far, does it feel all that different from the earlier engine?

That is some great FE figures you are getting. What speeds did you maintain and how many passengers were there in the truck?

I see that the Red Bull is replaced with a white one on the Bull-II. Bull less angry now??

PS: I guess it is time to change your profile pic now, to either of the bulls in your stable, or better the pic with both of them together.
Thanks Cruncher. Credit goes to Devdath for showing the way..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post

Congrats Guruji on your new acquisition.

I like the idea of the wire mesh at the AC hole and will get it done myself also.

Cheers
Thanks Aniket and who cares. At least not me. The sooner I get to go back to my FNG the happier & comfortable I shall feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post

Congrats GD Sir for your new ride.

I have a quick query - would all the after-market electronics accessory fitment not void the vehicle warranty?
Lemme tell you something Doc. When I was running The Bull with tyres of size 31x10.5 R 15, the speedo then matched the GPS readings to the last digit. When I changed the tyres in due course of time to Yoko Geolanders 235x70 R 15, the error returned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post

Error can be expected due to non-standard tyre size on TB II. 5km/h at 100 km/h (5% error) is very much a feature of most cars, not just M&M vehicles.

Last edited by GTO : 30th March 2012 at 19:28. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
gd1418 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 21:55   #54
Senior - BHPian

Guruji,

Congrats... party due. Was waiting to raid your pocket in Ahmedabad, looks like you're a mind reader and cancelled out.

About the speedo errror, mine has a 5-7 kms error compapred to the GPS!! Tyres are stock. Old CRDe was bang on target on the speedo and GPS, wonder what's happening to the new gen engine and calibrations.

The seat, one of the worst for the kind of money paid, no lumbar / thigh support. I have put a seat cover, used a whole lot of sponge for lumbar support in the middle-back portion, a great relief on long rides. Not much could be done on thigh support.

Your front wheel-hub caps: Does it come with the black hub out, I think a while cup is available as after market. Mine comes with white hub caps, these Mhwak ones are entirely different in dia form the old ones, need to order from M&M. They are just plug in with a spring, if you hit a sidewalk or a stone hits it, its a goner. Lost rear one during the LRK run

The rat mesh thingy is pretty good, will do it up though no problems of rats now, never know when one would walk in and breath it's last inside.

Enjoy the ride.

--Ramky
======
Old 29th March 2012, 22:11   #55
Senior - BHPian

Some more photographs of TB II

Rear DRLs

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-6130.jpg

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-6139.jpg

My grandfather had a Merecury Ford in the 60s and then later we had a Landmaster. In both the cars as a kid I was fascinated by the red indicators in the rear. That always stayed with me and I tried to change the color of the lens or the bulb to red in my subsequent rides. The Bull has red bulbed indicators and TB II's yellow bulbs were replaced with white bulbs that were meticulously painted red by me.

Indicators

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-6141.jpg

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-6143.jpg

Display of the music system including the reverse camera screen

Seeking bluetooth connection for my mobile phone

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-6145.jpg

Standby screen

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-6146.jpg

Audio screen

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-6148.jpg

Reverse Camera screen

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-6158.jpg

Mic for handsfree talking via bluetooth

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-6157.jpg

Parking sensor display unit

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-6155.jpg

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-6159.jpg

Speakers

Front doors

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-6151.jpg

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-6153.jpg

Dicky door

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-6152.jpg

Headrest LED Monitors

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-6149.jpg

The Bull II (TB II) - M&M MHawk Scorpio LX 4x4-6150.jpg
gd1418 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 22:58   #56
BHPian

Very nice mods. Could you tell me how the screens in head rests and reverse camera were installed in your car. Please tell the procedure. I am planning to install reverse camera in my Safari which I purchased in December.
Old 29th March 2012, 23:32   #57
BHPian

Quote:

That is what the packaging of Osram says and so do many others who have used it. While theoritacally what you say about the luminosity is correct but these Germans are using a secret WW II technology hitherto unrevealed to the world. China has procured a consignment of these bulbs and trying to find out the technology and copy it. I expect to see these bulbs for half the price at Ghaffar market in the near future.

Hope this clarifies...
Absolutely and w/o any further doubts. Will never ever question again

Quote:

Some of my observations:

1. It takes time to get used to a new generation engine if you have been driving a DI engine all your life.
whaaat saaar..... it is more effortless.

Quote:

6. True to Scorpio tradition, uncomfortable driver seat. Tires you out. And the funny depression in the middle of the seat hampers vision of shortys like me. I will need to put extra sponge under the cover to raise the height.
funny - i like it better than any other car. The last time when we were in Sariska - we had gone on brother-in-law's Innova and i developed a back ache sitting in it.

To me - i think Scorpio's seats are better than Innova's !! Infact - even the driving comfort is more - i have a better view in the Scorp than in Innova.

Last edited by sach.sri : 29th March 2012 at 23:36.
Old 30th March 2012, 09:45   #58
BHPian

gd1418 went through your thread in one go nice writeup nice car congratulations.
just like you i have been buying second hand cars just to avoid the service centre heartaches smallest of things require endless waiting and the handling of the customer and the vehicle is emotionless unlike my FNG where i can see whats going on with my car and have endless talks with the mechs gulping bottomless cups of tea.
But now you have inspired me to take the giant leap into the world of AUTHORIZED service centres i thank you for that.
btw i still prefer the safari photo in my avatar even though i sold it 3 years back.
Old 30th March 2012, 10:44   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Why Panky? The one installed is obsolete or not good?
No ways, what you've installed is fantastic, but given the acoustics of the vehicle.. please install at least components in the front powered by an amp and yes, a sub too!
Old 30th March 2012, 11:38   #60
Senior - BHPian

Hearty congratulations. LX 4WD is indeed value for money. Only thing lacking in this bull is ABS.

Quote:
Who in their "right frame of mind" would replace the company alloys and put the "dhinchak" variety of alloys? Who else but a large-hearted Punjabi. And where would you find them in abundance? Of course "saadda" Punjab.

I did it & I am not a Punjabi. And I believed that I was in the right frame of mind!

Most Viewed