Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2012, 22:39   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sunny days are here again... (Nissan Sunny Diesel XL)

Congratulations Mohit. Trust me, the Sunny as a car grows on you. The more you will live with the car, the more the you will love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

1. I found the finish of the area above the glove box a little bad. I am referring to the closing line/ top edge of the glove box once it is closed. It is quite sharp if I can say so.

2. Secondly the 2 black latches for the fuel lid opener and bonnet release are horrible. They feel cheap and are also not aligned properly with a slight tilt towards to driver side's gate. Is it the same in your car too?
I will check #1 & #2 and let you know.
Quote:
3. The gear shift is surely a little notchy and not as smooth as I would have loved.
It gets better in a couple of days, but mine still hasnt become as good as I would prefer.
Quote:
4. Can we get one from outside for the Stock ICE?
Can easily be done. But you will loose the steering remote. I am working on sourcing a harness to get both of them to work.

Last edited by AbhiJ : 14th April 2012 at 22:44.
Old 16th April 2012, 22:42   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
I will check #1 & #2 and let you know.
Hey I am still waiting for your feedback on those 2 points. BTW whats the FE you are getting? Mine is already showing 18.3. The low end torque is just amazing and it makes driving it so much more fun since you don't need to fiddle with the gears too much in city traffic.

Also as the Mods clearly mentioned in there official review, the rear blower is good only for speed 1. Putting it on speed 2 makes sitting inside the car unbearable since the noise levels are really high.
Old 16th April 2012, 23:49   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The low end torque is just amazing and it makes driving it so much more fun since you don't need to fiddle with the gears too much in city traffic.

Also as the Mods clearly mentioned in there official review, the rear blower is good only for speed 1. Putting it on speed 2 makes sitting inside the car unbearable since the noise levels are really high.
My F.E. mentioned here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2739730

Amen to the torque part...

Will let you know about the 2 points tomorrow positively.

The rear blower on speed 2 is a blessing when you just enter a parked car in the hot summer sun. Gets rid of the hot air in seconds!
Old 9th July 2012, 14:26   #49
Senior - BHPian

Update:

No news is good news.

Nothing to report. Car is doing great. Gave an avg of nearly 14 kpl with 100% A/c all through the summer.

No weird noises / other nasty surprises so far. Been unable to upgrade the ICE due to lack availability of interface cable in the market.

Actually this is my first sedan in almost 10 years... and I am missing the flexibility that the boot of a hatchback offers! (More height in loading etc) . Fold able rear seats are a feature I really miss on this car.

Spending most of my time in the back seat of this car, and loving the comfort and space it provides. At the end of the day, I find myself dozing off in the back seat on the drive back home.

Last edited by AbhiJ : 9th July 2012 at 14:31.
Old 9th July 2012, 16:20   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Update:

No news is good news.

Nothing to report. Car is doing great. Gave an avg of nearly 14 kpl with 100% A/c all through the summer.

No weird noises / other nasty surprises so far. Been unable to upgrade the ICE due to lack availability of interface cable in the market.

Actually this is my first sedan in almost 10 years... and I am missing the flexibility that the boot of a hatchback offers! (More height in loading etc) . Fold able rear seats are a feature I really miss on this car.

Spending most of my time in the back seat of this car, and loving the comfort and space it provides. At the end of the day, I find myself dozing off in the back seat on the drive back home.
Glad to hear that you are having a hassle free ownership. I happen to see the Sunny more often now that too mostly the diesel version and am always impressed by its size. Happened to see a blue one today and the side profile looked regal in that color. How is the ground clearance working on Kolkata roads? Do you need special care going over speed breakers or potholes?

On a different note if not for the nasty Kolkata traffic, your FE nos. might have been even higher with full a/c.
Old 27th August 2012, 01:45   #51
Senior - BHPian

Abhi. What brand is the alloys you have on the Sunny? Did you pay 15000 for them after exchanging the stock wheels?
Old 5th September 2012, 10:45   #52

Abhi - Can the stock wheels be changed to alloys at Nissan dealers? Do they offer the option? or Did you get the alloys from the market?

Also does changing the tyre size from 14'' to 15'' alloys void the car warranty?

cheers,
-ankur
Old 23rd September 2012, 19:21   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Abhi. What brand is the alloys you have on the Sunny? Did you pay 15000 for them after exchanging the stock wheels?
No idea. Taiwanese make I think. I paid 15k for 4 alloys and gave back the steel wheels that can with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloemperor View Post
Abhi - Can the stock wheels be changed to alloys at Nissan dealers? Do they offer the option? or Did you get the alloys from the market?

Also does changing the tyre size from 14'' to 15'' alloys void the car warranty?

cheers,
-ankur
Yes, dealership does offer upgrade options. I got them aftermarket.

It should not void warranty since nissan offer 15" on the same car.

Last edited by AbhiJ : 23rd September 2012 at 19:33.
Old 23rd September 2012, 19:32   #54
Senior - BHPian

6 Month - First Service Update

Service done : Rs. 19xx is total damage.

Car is much smoother and peppier after the service. It has become fun to drive in traffic thanks the instant power.

No complaints. So Far, So Good.
Old 23rd September 2012, 19:37   #55
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for the info. Taking delivery of my brick red XV this week.
Old 24th September 2012, 00:12   #56
BHPian

My close is neighbor is out for car shopping and I suggested him the sunny diesel. He is not an enthusiast and keen follower of cars, and by seeing the dimensions of the car, he said that it must be priced north of 15 lacs. When I disclosed the price and ride/space/engine advantages, he was happy and joyous like a kid. Now he has settled for the sunny but opting for the petrol, as his running is not much. Before letting him bite the bullet, I just wanted to confirm the Ground clearance, as Roads in my city are in pretty bad shape with loads of unscientific speed breakers. I am having hard time protecting my figo on these torturous roads.

How is the GC of the sunny? Have you faced underbelly scraping instances?
Old 24th September 2012, 00:19   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
6 Month - First Service Update

Service done : Rs. 19xx is total damage.

Car is much smoother and peppier after the service. It has become fun to drive in traffic thanks the instant power.

No complaints. So Far, So Good.
How many kms has your car completed? Was this the 10k kms service? Rs. 1700 sounds very reasonable. Mind elaborating on the work done? Also how much is the FE your car is giving you after the initial settling in? Mine returns a constant 17.5-18 kmpl. I feel it can be slightly more then that!
Old 24th September 2012, 00:47   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post

How is the GC of the sunny? Have you faced underbelly scraping instances?
Cant comment on the stock car.

I increased the GC of my Sunny by putting bigger wheels/tyres. In its current form I have gone over horrible roads without it ever bottoming out.

Quote:
How many kms has your car completed? Was this the 10k kms service? Rs. 1700 sounds very reasonable. Mind elaborating on the work done?

7000 kms
Yes 10k service.
Rs. 1960 or something.

Work Done: Oil Change, Oil Filter, Air Filter(I Think) and Brake Cleaning.

FE is around 13 to 14 with A/C and I am very happy with the same considering the driving conditions..
AbhiJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 01:17   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ

7000 kms
Yes 10k service.
Rs. 1960 or something.

Work Done: Oil Change, Oil Filter, Air Filter(I Think) and Brake Cleaning.
IIRC GTO mentioned around rs 3700 for his Sunny's 10k km service. Wonder why such a huge difference in between the two bills.
Old 24th September 2012, 02:19   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IIRC GTO mentioned around rs 3700 for his Sunny's 10k km service. Wonder why such a huge difference in between the two bills.
Thats strange. Will post the service invoice tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks