Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2012, 08:44   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Sunny days are here again... (Nissan Sunny Diesel XL)

Quoting From GTO's Sunny thread about his first servicing cost. The amount difference is really substantial. The work carried out on both the cars looks to be the same. Do upload your invoice and let us figure out the reason behind the difference.

Quote:
*Update*

First service completed yesterday. Problems : Zilch. Not a bulb or fuse gone wrong. Got to love Japanese cars for their reliability

Attachment 985084
Old 15th October 2012, 17:07   #62

Friends, how many of you have bought the extended warranty for Sunny Diesel? Wanted to learn from others before taking the plunge myself.

Last edited by GTO : 19th November 2012 at 14:18. Reason: Correcting Typo
Old 16th October 2012, 11:57   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamajumder View Post
Friends, how many of you have bought the extended warranty for Sunny Diesel? Wanted to learn from others before taking the plunge myself.
In my case they offered it at no cost along with the discount package so you should also get the same for free, just go for it.

Last edited by GTO : 19th November 2012 at 14:18. Reason: Correcting typo
Old 17th October 2012, 12:15   #64

Hi Kumaran,
Thanks for letting me know. But apparently my dealer in Kolkata did not offer me any discount package. A festive package got launched just a few days back. I hope you got it with that. If not, I have to check with my dealer.
Satya.
Old 26th October 2012, 10:32   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Thats strange. Will post the service invoice tomorrow.
Hey I was just wondering if you checked out the service invoice yet? Still seeking a clarification on the cost differential between yours and GTO's car. Would really appreciate if you can post the same here and update the thread.
Old 30th October 2012, 18:16   #66
BHPian

Hi Friends,
Am sorry to take the discussion on a wrong / unintended route... Request Mods to help out, if necessary!!!

I've recently booked a Nissan Sunny XV Petrol (Sapphire Blue colour) thru' Ritu Nissan, Thane (W), Mumbai. I was informed that the delivery of the vehicle would be done around Oct'12 end. However now the dealer is claiming that as their plant was concentrating on the Evalia productions, the deliveries have been delayed.

He's trying to sell me a similar make/model/colour vehicle in his stockyard, mfd in Jul'12 and lying in his "open" stockyard for the past 1.5-2 months. He's also adding an Extended Warranty as an additional incentive for me to consider this vehicle.

I personally feel that since its been in the open stockyard for such a long time, it may have taken a toll on the colour and finishing and thus, am not very keen for this. However, this could mean a delay of close to another month in the deliveries, hence I'm not able to decide. I can inspect the vehicle in the stockyard, however, since I'm not sure if I should go for it, I've deferred this decision for the timebeing.

Would you suggest going for this vehicle? Pls let me know your views on this.
Old 3rd March 2013, 16:04   #67
BHPian

Hey,What has happened to this thread.No replies in this thread for the past four months.

Cheers,

Achyuth
Old 4th March 2013, 14:21   #68
BHPian

Hi Everyone,
Got myself a Sunny XVP, bronze grey color, on Dhanteras 2012 - after a lot of test drives, market surveys and confusions!!

Went for a petrol because my monthly running is not expected to be too high and I've got a Santro to be used for running errands, etc.

Till now, the Sunny been providing perfect service.

Among accessories, I got a rear view camera + sensors, mud-flaps, foot mats and boot mat (all from the dealer). Also got Orchis art-leather seat covers fitted externally.

Pros:
1) Acres and acres of space, in the front half as well as the back. Leg space is awesome, while the boot space is also fabulous.
2) Mileage has been very good (got a peak mileage of abt 13.1 kmpl on a recent trip to Sula Wines, Nashik)
3) Handling is good, especially for a sedate driver like me. It may not be the 0-60 in 5 secs kind of road-ripper, but does a good job on the upper gears, especially 4th & 5th.
4) Good quality aircon. Even when the vehicle is parked in the sun for long durations, it manages to bring down the temperatures quickly (the rear blowers are slightly noisy though)
5) Absolutely silent while running
6) Decent music system provides good quality output - I'm more of a soft music listener, so suits me fine.

Cons:
1) Brakes are a little dicey, especially if the vehicle is in off condition on a slope. I've noticed a few times that the brakes remain hard and ineffective even after the ignition is turned on. Needs a bit of juggling with the handbrakes and accelerator. Not sure if other Sunny owners have experienced something similar, but this is definitely something I'm planning to get checked in the first servicing. Do note that while running, I've not encountered any braking issues.
2) Rear blowers could have been more silent while operating.
3) Slight lag while moving from the 2nd to 3rd, again something I'm not sure other Sunny owners have experienced
4) Missing USB port on the music system

I'll definitely recommend this to anyone who's interested in a VFM package.

I've heard that the new version has got more features though I've not had a chance to check it out yet.

MODS - I hope this post abt Sunny XVP is ok in the Diesel section, else pls move it accordingly.
SujAce is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 14:51   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SujAce View Post
Hi Everyone,
Cons:
1) Brakes are a little dicey, especially if the vehicle is in off condition on a slope. I've noticed a few times that the brakes remain hard and ineffective even after the ignition is turned on. Needs a bit of juggling with the handbrakes and accelerator. Not sure if other Sunny owners have experienced something similar, but this is definitely something I'm planning to get checked in the first servicing. Do note that while running, I've not encountered any braking issues.
I have not faced the issue you mention, and I have a Sunny Petrol. So, do ask someone to take a look at it. I do have another issue : when parking on a slope in reverse. My prior cars (Palio), I could just release the clutch half, and the car would not move down the slope. When the clutch was released full, it would reverse up the slope. In Sunny, even if you release full clutch, it will not generate enough torque & car will shut down. You need to give it some gas. ... BTW, can you share the interior pics
Old 5th March 2013, 09:01   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Everyone, Got myself a Sunny XVP, bronze grey color, on Dhanteras 2012 - after a lot of test drives, market surveys and confusions!!
Congratulations on getting your Sunny.

Quote:
Since the brakes are working absolutely fine when the car is running & brake becomes hard only when the engine is shut off, your car is behaving perfectly. This is not an issue in first place. All modern day cars come equipped with vacuum assisted braking. This assistance is available only when the engine is running. As soon as you turn off the engine, this vacuum assistance is stopped, hence you could feel the brake pedal getting hard.

Caution: Never ever switch off the engine when the car is in motion as you would require more than 10 times the braking force at the pedal to bring the car to a stop (compared to when the engine is running).
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 11:34   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congratulations on getting your Sunny.
Since the brakes are working absolutely fine when the car is running & brake becomes hard only when the engine is shut off, your car is behaving perfectly. This is not an issue in first place. All modern day cars come equipped with vacuum assisted braking. This assistance is available only when the engine is running. As soon as you turn off the engine, this vacuum assistance is stopped, hence you could feel the brake pedal getting hard.

Caution: Never ever switch off the engine when the car is in motion as you would require more than 10 times the braking force at the pedal to bring the car to a stop (compared to when the engine is running).
Thanks AutoIndian, reading that was a relief. Me and family were kind of worried that there was something wrong with the brakes
My Santro behaved differently, hence we all assumed that this was an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
When the clutch was released full, it would reverse up the slope. In Sunny, even if you release full clutch, it will not generate enough torque & car will shut down. You need to give it some gas. ... BTW, can you share the interior pics
Hi Seeler, don't remember parking on a slope yet, will definitely keep that in mind and let you know if I encounter something similar.

Re the pics, haven't had a chance to take some yet. Will do that soon.

Quote:
Hi Everyone,
Got myself a Sunny XVP, bronze grey color, on Dhanteras 2012 - after a lot of test drives, market surveys and confusions!!
Did I mention in the Pros abt the admiring looks the car has ensured in my neighbourhood and on the streets?

A lot of friends after having a look at the car were surprised by the cost compared to the luxury sedan style space and comfort.

Note from Team-bhp support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th March 2013 at 12:26. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 18th June 2016, 01:03   #72
Senior - BHPian

I forgot about this thread! Sorry!

Quick update:

The car is 51 months old, out of warranty, done 55000 kms, running fine. Super reliable and trouble free experience. Still returns the same fuel efficiency as it did when new. Still running on Michelin XM1+, good tread left, no punctures.

Apart from the usual service, oil, filters - Expenses undertaken

1) New Battery - Amaron
2) Front Shock + Lower Arms
3) Front Brake Pads
4) Front Bumper (Minor fender bender - No other damage)
5) Starter Motor Repair - It started making a noise but was still functional. Repair costed me Rs. 1100 locally.

The Authorised Service Centre has been wanting to do a clutch overhall for the last year. Everytime I tell the advisor, as long as I can pull off a wheelspin in my car, I am not letting you touch the clutch.

Issues:

Slight rust issues near door handles.

Updates:

For a mid life refresh, got new seatcovers, footmats and HIDs for the car.

Also just did a restoration of the headlights... take a look http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...early-new.html

Last edited by AbhiJ : 18th June 2016 at 01:17.
Old 18th June 2016, 06:55   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I forgot about this thread! Sorry!

2) Front Shock + Lower Arms

5) Starter Motor Repair - It started making a noise but was still functional. Repair costed me Rs. 1100 locally.
Your's is the third car on the forum AFAIK ( including mine), that has got its shocker and starter motor replaced/repaired. Is there an issue with the Sunny regarding these? Luckily in my case, both failed while the car was still in extended warranty and after a bit of a tussle, got them replaced under that.

Are parts available outside easily? My car has also finished 51 months and has covered 53k km. I am keen to take it to the FNG from now on. The biggest reason being that since Nissan follows a 6 months/10k km interval, the after sales people want to carry out the 80k km service at the end of 48 months even though the car has run only 50k kms. Did you get your timing belt replaced as that is recommended by Nissan at the end of 4 years. I didn't as I felt its too early for a timing belt replacement.
Old 18th June 2016, 10:19   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Your's is the third car on the forum AFAIK ( including mine), that has got its shocker and starter motor replaced/repaired. Is there an issue with the Sunny regarding these?
The starter motor is an issue for sure. I know 2 more sunny owners who had issues with the starter motor (one diesel, one petrol). That is why the moment i heard the starter motor noise change I got it looked into. Also nissan has priced the starter motor for diesel at upwards of 25000 apparently. Go figure.

I wasnt advised a timing belt change
Old 18th June 2016, 20:05   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I wasnt advised a timing belt change
Well as per schedule you are supposed to change it at 4 years or 80k kms whichever is earlier.

Also how are the tyres holding up. I need to change my car's tyres. Its running on stock MRFs R14. Confused if I should upgrade to R15 or continue with the same configuration.

Last edited by drmohitg : 18th June 2016 at 20:09.

Most Viewed