Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2012, 21:32   #31
BHPian

re: My Maruti Swift ZDi: 3rd service & 10,000 kms up

It was time to give my baby some open roads. Monsoons roaring in and around Mumbai had turned the outskirts of mumbai breathtakingly beautiful. Having seen some pictures of bhandardara in a friends album last year, i really wanted to go. Skipped office and i set off!

Took road directions and info from T-BHP and we set off early on friday, beating most of the traffic. Open roads, slight drizzle and a fun to drive car!

We hit the pune expressway and lost track of time. Munching miles, we came to senses only when i saw a sign saying 'expressway ends'! 'Ends' meant we were in Pune! I realised i had searched for something different on google maps and it had taken me Pune, in a direction opposite to what i wanted to go

However, started off for bhandardara from pune, another 180 kms odd journey. Once on the ghat road, after turning from ale phata, the roads were out of the world. Extremely scenic and empty!

Within Bhandardara roads were less than ideal and the 50kms we drove there for local sightseeing were all potholed and rocky. I am happy I ended up without scraping or a puncture

Return was via the standard ghoti - igatpuri - thane route.

The entire drive was about 600 kms through expressways, ghats etc. The car handled beautifully and i finally got to open up the ddis. The wider footprint i opted for did make a difference in getting the grip around bends.

And for the mileage, i was finally able to do the 20s. The entire trip showed a mileage of 23.3 on the MID which included driving through pune city, the shoddy NH50 and the ghats in bhandardara. Needless to say i am happy with the figures.

Some pics of where i took my baby
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti Swift ZDi: 3rd service & 10,000 kms up-img_1009.jpg  

My Maruti Swift ZDi: 3rd service & 10,000 kms up-img_1031.jpg  

Attached Images

funkyp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2012, 21:05   #32
BHPian

Its been a while since i last updated my thread. The baby is growing up faster than i expected. I have completed 5k Kms in less than 5 months!! The diesel effect has caught on.. my pre-diesel running of 700 kms per month has already gone up to 1k.. and i am loving every single km

Gave the car for second service at Shivam Autozone, Kandivali. Booked an appointment for Saturday and reached the service centre rather late at 1 pm. Was attended to after a wait of 15-20 mins, but got the same advisor i had during my 1st service. Delivery was promised for 6pm. Delivery was prompt, and i had a minor scare when on taking our the car, i saw what appeared like a crack on the rear view mirror indicators. Turned our it was dried wax lines which they used to clean

I have been having issues with 'marks' appearing on the windscreen during rains. its as if the glue between the windscreen and the sun film is turning opaque. dont quiet know how to describe the issue. It only appears when it rains, and doesnt clear even with a cloth (so its definitely not fogging/mist). The service advisor said its common to all diesel cars!! didnt quiet get the logic and dont think its true. anyone has similar issues?
Old 26th August 2012, 21:31   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
The baby is growing up faster than i expected. I have completed 5k Kms in less than 5 months!! The diesel effect has caught on.. my pre-diesel running of 700 kms per month has already gone up to 1k.. and i am loving every single km
That's what I keep telling everybody who's planning to purchase a new car - be aware that the kms will go up and also I must add, irrespective of the fuel - after all, one will always want to drive around when he has a new car!

Congrats on the milestone - but I'm pretty sure, you got miles to go ahead

Quote:
The service advisor said its common to all diesel cars!! didnt quiet get the logic and dont think its true. anyone has similar issues?
Bollocks. Not sure if I understood the exact problem - but I am pretty sure nothing of that kind exists that effects only diesel cars. Post a picture, will ya?
Old 27th August 2012, 12:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its been a while since i last updated my thread. The baby is growing up faster than i expected. I have completed 5k Kms in less than 5 months!! Gave the car for second service at Shivam Autozone, Kandivali.
Hello Funkyp,

I saw your thread only yesteday & indeed it was nice to read your decision making buying experience.

Firstly congrats for buying one of the best hatchback on Indian roads & secondly it is great that you opted for diesel version, thus you need not worry about hole in your pocket everytime Petrol Price is hiked (FYI another Petrol price hike is round the corner).

Also good to know that you have completed exciting & safe 5000 kms in your new Car. Needless to mention that the colour of your Car is very attractive.

By the way do you stay in western suburbs? I stay very close to Shivam Auto Zone right on S.V.Road.

Thanks,
Old 27th August 2012, 12:44   #35
BHPian

Hey there , heartiest congratulations for the pocket dynamo !!
could you also update us on the FE figures at the 5k mark.
cheers
Old 27th August 2012, 21:47   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
That's what I keep telling everybody who's planning to purchase a new car - be aware that the kms will go up and also I must add, irrespective of the fuel - after all, one will always want to drive around when he has a new car!

Congrats on the milestone - but I'm pretty sure, you got miles to go ahead

Bollocks. Not sure if I understood the exact problem - but I am pretty sure nothing of that kind exists that effects only diesel cars. Post a picture, will ya?
Thanks ninja. Didn't buy the diesel argument either but the sales guy seemed clueless!! Pic is difficult as the camera doesn't capture anything. Will try though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Funkyp,

I saw your thread only yesteday & indeed it was nice to read your decision making buying experience.

Firstly congrats for buying one of the best hatchback on Indian roads & secondly it is great that you opted for diesel version, thus you need not worry about hole in your pocket everytime Petrol Price is hiked (FYI another Petrol price hike is round the corner).

Also good to know that you have completed exciting & safe 5000 kms in your new Car. Needless to mention that the colour of your Car is very attractive.

By the way do you stay in western suburbs? I stay very close to Shivam Auto Zone right on S.V.Road.

Thanks,
Thanks jignesh. Yes I am in the suburbs. Stay very close to Thakur village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartik.virmani View Post
Hey there , heartiest congratulations for the pocket dynamo !!
could you also update us on the FE figures at the 5k mark.
cheers
thanks. I get an average of 15 on the mid of which 70% drive is in bumper to bumper traffic. On the highway I have got close to 20.
Old 28th August 2012, 16:47   #37
BHPian

Had an impression that Swift D should deliver better FE & is the most fuel efficient diesel hatch in the Indian market today ( till Micra/Pulse-D owners reported still better figures). If driven @ 80 kmph on highways, Swift-D should return a FE of 24-25 with 100% AC with a light load of course ( going by my own experience) & under similar circumstances Micra/Pulse-D should return around 26 kmpl.(going by owner's feedback on team bhp & other fora).

Your car seem to be lil less on this front. Have you ever compared with other Swift onwers?

Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 20:10   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan
Had an impression that Swift D should deliver better FE & is the most fuel efficient diesel hatch in the Indian market today ( till Micra/Pulse-D owners reported still better figures). If driven @ 80 kmph on highways, Swift-D should return a FE of 24-25 with 100% AC with a light load of course ( going by my own experience) & under similar circumstances Micra/Pulse-D should return around 26 kmpl.(going by owner's feedback on team bhp & other fora).

Your car seem to be lil less on this front. Have you ever compared with other Swift onwers?

Thanks
Haven't compared notes with others but I am happy with what I am getting. The kind of city traffic I go through take me 45-60 mins for a 8 km drive. Mostly in 1st - 2nd gear.

On the highway, yes if i can manage to go at about 80, I do get a 23-24 on the mid.
Old 12th September 2012, 20:04   #39
BHPian

I am getting hooked to car detailing after seeing some shine lost on my 5 month old car now.

The cleaner washing the car everyday doesn't help matters cleaning using a dirty cloth and just splashing water. Have ordered my first detailing set today after extensive advice from members.

If they arrive by the weekend, will try the detailing and post snaps

Stuff ordered:
1 ONR 8 oz: for cleaning, quick detailing
1 Collinite 845 473.2ml: wax to be used once in 2 months or as required
1 Eurow MF + 3 MF cloth from jopasu
1 DG 905 con. 28 ml : car shampoo for those days when the car is mucky after rains.
1 Blue Carrand MF Pad (buffing after wax)
1 White Carrand Terry Pad (applying wax)
Old 19th September 2012, 18:33   #40
BHPian

Since I got the car I had wanted a leather wrapped steering wheel. Enquired at Stanley and Karlsson but they both refused to do it here in mumbai. Some strange reason about the factory not being here and hence they couldn't do cars with airbags!!

I had no option. The dealer was offering the ones where the stitch is thicker and fit not so snug.

Then I read about orchis in one of the bhpians post. He had got the steering of his polo done from there and the pics looked good. I finally had an option.

visited today and got the steering leather wrapped.

I am quiet satisfied with the work. Finishing is great, the steering feels nice to hold. The work was done in 1.5 hrs flat!

It's extremely economical too compared to whAt Stanley/Karlsson had quoted before refusing to do it. I paid a total of 1500 bucks. Handbrake wrap was done complimentary!!

Some pics attached.
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti Swift ZDi: 3rd service & 10,000 kms up-image1452489672.jpg  

My Maruti Swift ZDi: 3rd service & 10,000 kms up-image4091552823.jpg  

My Maruti Swift ZDi: 3rd service & 10,000 kms up-image3355126244.jpg  

My Maruti Swift ZDi: 3rd service & 10,000 kms up-image1923247486.jpg  

My Maruti Swift ZDi: 3rd service & 10,000 kms up-image473527567.jpg  

My Maruti Swift ZDi: 3rd service & 10,000 kms up-image2639446931.jpg  

Last edited by funkyp : 19th September 2012 at 18:34.
Old 20th September 2012, 12:44   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Since I got the car I had wanted a leather wrapped steering wheel. Enquired at Stanley and Karlsson but they both refused to do it here in mumbai. Some strange reason about the factory not being here and hence they couldn't do cars with airbags!!

I had no option. The dealer was offering the ones where the stitch is thicker and fit not so snug.

Then I read about orchis in one of the bhpians post. He had got the steering of his polo done from there and the pics looked good. I finally had an option.

visited today and got the steering leather wrapped.

I am quiet satisfied with the work. Finishing is great, the steering feels nice to hold. The work was done in 1.5 hrs flat!

It's extremely economical too compared to whAt Stanley/Karlsson had quoted before refusing to do it. I paid a total of 1500 bucks. Handbrake wrap was done complimentary!!

Some pics attached.
Thanks. This looks great. I am also looking for the steering of my Ertiga to be leather wrapped. Any idea if this option is available in delhi/NCR?

Also do they have to remove the steering wheel to get this fit?
Old 20th September 2012, 20:04   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Thanks. This looks great. I am also looking for the steering of my Ertiga to be leather wrapped. Any idea if this option is available in delhi/NCR?

Also do they have to remove the steering wheel to get this fit?
not sure about delhi. You can check the delhi directory to see if there are any contacts there.

yes they removed the steering to get the fit. First the airbag is disconnected, then the steering is removed to stitch the leather. Thats the only way to get that perfect finish
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:49   #43
BHPian

]Finally went through my first detailing session today. It's a much more difficult to execute than looks in the instructions.

I did the most basic detailing which included washing with a shampoo and waxing with collinite. Lack of a water hose made things difficult. Even with the two bucket method, by the time I went to drying, most the water would dry off. Took me a rather long 2 hrs just to wash the car. Maybe will get faster with time!

Waxing was relatively better. Applied a coat of collinite and let it set for 30 mins then rubbed it off. Again since it was the first time, I did not apply it as thinly and evenly as I would have liked. However, satisfied with the outcome. I hope the shine get better with every fresh application.

Ps: replica post on the detailing thread. Posting here just to keep the ownership thread complete
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti Swift ZDi: 3rd service & 10,000 kms up-image835420892.jpg  

My Maruti Swift ZDi: 3rd service & 10,000 kms up-image2441986168.jpg  

My Maruti Swift ZDi: 3rd service & 10,000 kms up-image3044691058.jpg  

My Maruti Swift ZDi: 3rd service & 10,000 kms up-image3162695659.jpg  

funkyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2012, 17:46   #44
BHPian

During my last detailing session, I saw a lot of tar marks all over the car, mainly the front bumper and at the bottom of the doors. After the waxing, these were even more prominent. All my efforts towards trying to get rid of it using ONR cleaning or the wax didn't help.

Posted queries on relevant threads and was suggested using WD40. This a lubricant which is known to have multiple uses, the primary being getting rid of rust. However, did some research and decided to give it a try.

Sprayed wd40 over the tar, let it stay for a few seconds and wiped of using a mf cloth. It works like magic!! However, remember to clean the area thoroughly and if possible, wax it again.
Old 6th October 2012, 16:52   #45
BHPian

Hey Funky- great pics and im sure you had lots of fun. Im waiting for my new swift zdi having booked it a couple of weeks ago. One doubt i had is how the thin window glasses hold up, i would guess they are half the thickness of the ones i have on my Honda city. Does it keep NVH under control @ hi speeds and is it something i need to be worried about from a safety perspective

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks