Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2012, 17:45   #46
Team-BHP Support

re: My Maruti Swift ZDi: 3rd service & 10,000 kms up

Very nice one there! I had seen the first few posts of your thread and then forgot to check. I distinctly remember about your decision from Jazz to Swift.

Over all a very nice move especially because of diesel even though Jazz is also what a perfect hatch can be.
The new Swift has now come out its VFM mould to a truly aspirational one and it clearly shows.

Nicer interiors, 15 inch wheels etc! Wish you many many miles on this one.

Last edited by ampere : 6th October 2012 at 17:58.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2012, 18:04   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyvictor View Post
Hey Funky- great pics and im sure you had lots of fun. Im waiting for my new swift zdi having booked it a couple of weeks ago. One doubt i had is how the thin window glasses hold up, i would guess they are half the thickness of the ones i have on my Honda city. Does it keep NVH under control @ hi speeds and is it something i need to be worried about from a safety perspective
hey firstly congrats on your booking. Hope you get the car soon

The thin windows do have a role to play in some traffic noise creeping in, but nothing that would be inconvenient. If you have a truck standing next to you, the diesel clatter does creep in.. but with music and ac (as would be the case most of the times in city) its not a deal breaker.

Not sure if it will have an impact of safety. i dont think it will.
Old 28th October 2012, 12:47   #48
BHPian

took the car on a long drive after quiet some time. it was the long weekend in mumbai and after resting out the friday, decided to go RAFTING on Kundalika river.

the rafting location is about 150 kms off mumbai and we started early as reporting time at the rafting is 8.30 AM.

The early morning drive was fantastic with empty roads for the first hour. However, the road condition is not the greatest and progress was slow once we hit the mumbai - goa highway and then turned onto SH60.

With 4 people on board, the car felt extremely comfortable, though sharp bumps on the way did make its way into the car. i had a lot of coins in the storage area next to the gear lever, which made a lot of noise, almost like rattling and gave me a scare. But once i clearly it out, the car was quiet.

On our return, we took a different route driving through Khapoli and on the pune expressway. We hit the expressway in the afternoon, and it was surprizingly empty. this gave me a chance to test the car's speed and flooring the throttle allowed me to get to 160. Beyond this progress was very slow and i got back to a cruising 100 kmph. But even at 160, the car was very stable, and engine noise was contained well.

Distance covered: 300 kms

Time: 5.5 hrs

Mileage: 19.5 kmpl

payload: 4 people on board, mix of good and not so good roads

Brakes: during high speed slowdowns from 80-90 to 10-20 to avoid suddenly appearing potholes, i felt for the first time that the brakes are not upto the mark :( even with ABS, brake booster (standard on zdi) and wider patch of 195 a-drive, i wasnt satisfied with the braking.

No rattling felt.
Old 29th October 2012, 00:43   #49
BHPian

bro, I have been a reader of your thread since start date. I was a regular visitor of the Jazz thread as well. Just like you, me too had booked a Jazz, expected diesel cars' prices to go up in the budget '12 and was ina confusion between Swift zdi and Jazz.. But, finally, we were reluctant to drop off the Jazz. Just got the membership. So, thought of posting.

Anyways,wishing you happy miles with her
Old 7th December 2012, 23:31   #50
BHPian

Great review. Nice color, looks super muscular. We'll be getting our zdi on Jan 1st week most probably. Sad that parents are not happy with the blue, so it will be white.

Btw, how much did you get for the OEM tire. Coz, I asked one shop they offered 2100 per tyre, which I feel is quite less. Any help?
Old 8th December 2012, 18:56   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
bro, I have been a reader of your thread since start date. I was a regular visitor of the Jazz thread as well. Just like you, me too had booked a Jazz, expected diesel cars' prices to go up in the budget '12 and was ina confusion between Swift zdi and Jazz.. But, finally, we were reluctant to drop off the Jazz. Just got the membership. So, thought of posting.

Anyways,wishing you happy miles with her
hey thanks.. sorry had not been checking t-bhp often in the last month. i am happy you stuck it out for the Jazz. i still miss that car at times. If it had not been the uncertainty of office moving, i would have stuck with the honda. Hope she server you well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
Great review. Nice color, looks super muscular. We'll be getting our zdi on Jan 1st week most probably. Sad that parents are not happy with the blue, so it will be white.

Btw, how much did you get for the OEM tire. Coz, I asked one shop they offered 2100 per tyre, which I feel is quite less. Any help?
Thanks buddy. you are getting quoted far less. you should negotiate for mroe. people on the forum have goot better value for the l/v spec tires which are smaller.

I exchanged and bought from the same dealer and paid a net of 7k for 5 tires. i guess yoko a drives were for 5050 a piece so an exchange of 3.5k for the OEM tire which were mrf 185/65.
funkyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 14:27   #52
BHPian

had the first major scratch on my car yesterday. Thats to the ever eager to jump signals auto drivers in mumbai, my car got scraped along the left side. Although there is no dent, its not pleasing to the eye.

I am looking at getting a touch up done at MASS during the next service. What would be the approximate cost i am looking at? And will the paint touch up be an exact match.
Old 10th December 2012, 16:47   #53
BHPian

Shouldn't cost you more than 2.5k if the area is relatively small. A bigger one will cost you no more than 4k. I would recommend to get it done from outside as the dealers will charge premium for the same expertise which you may expect at half the price outside.

Drive safe.
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 17:06   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
had the first major scratch on my car yesterday. Thats to the ever eager to jump signals auto drivers in mumbai, my car got scraped along the left side. Although there is no dent, its not pleasing to the eye.

I am looking at getting a touch up done at MASS during the next service. What would be the approximate cost i am looking at? And will the paint touch up be an exact match.
Touch up, ideally should be free. But it wouldnt look good. If you want a proper paint job, the entire panel will have to be repainted & my guesstimate is 3.5K (one panel)!
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 18:35   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Although there is no dent, its not pleasing to the eye.

Sorry to hear about your run in with the ubiquitous Mumbai auto rickshaw. The rickshaw's movement approximately mirrors that of a cockroach being chased by the house maid. Besides the randomness, these kind folks also genuinely believe that they'll squeeze through anything - however infinitesimal! Nay they actually find these things mildly "challenging"!

Anyway to come back to your question, that it is a scratch is the precise glitch. You'd think without a dent, you'd have saved some money for yourself. Unfortunately the bad news is that you really haven't in case you're looking to get a good fix. Because a touch up job will look patchy and the colors won't match. If you want a real clean, seamless looking job with an exact color match, you'll probably have to get the entire panel repainted. That could set you back by 3-4 K.
Omtoatom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 21:38   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Shouldn't cost you more than 2.5k if the area is relatively small. A bigger one will cost you no more than 4k. I would recommend to get it done from outside as the dealers will charge premium for the same expertise which you may expect at half the price outside.

Drive safe.
Do you have any recommendations for a place in mumbai where i can get this done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Touch up, ideally should be free. But it wouldnt look good. If you want a proper paint job, the entire panel will have to be repainted & my guesstimate is 3.5K (one panel)!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Sorry to hear about your run in with the ubiquitous Mumbai auto rickshaw. The rickshaw's movement approximately mirrors that of a cockroach being chased by the house maid. Besides the randomness, these kind folks also genuinely believe that they'll squeeze through anything - however infinitesimal! Nay they actually find these things mildly "challenging"!

Anyway to come back to your question, that it is a scratch is the precise glitch. You'd think without a dent, you'd have saved some money for yourself. Unfortunately the bad news is that you really haven't in case you're looking to get a good fix. Because a touch up job will look patchy and the colors won't match. If you want a real clean, seamless looking job with an exact color match, you'll probably have to get the entire panel repainted. That could set you back by 3-4 K.
That was my worry. i guess its now confirmed that a touch up will never match the exact paint job. The scratch start from the rear left door and goes on to the front door. so i am looking at 2 panels at approx 6-8k.. damm :(

I will try and post pictures of this tomorrow to get a better understanding of what i can do to save some money.
Old 11th December 2012, 11:07   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so i am looking at 2 panels at approx 6-8k.. damm :(
Hello Funkyp,

Firstly if these are just scratches & no denting required, thenI will suggest you to approach to any local mechanic & he will guide you to place where he gets his painting work done.

These local garages generally charge Rs. 1,000 for one piece (say a door or a bumper) & they do a excellent job of matching the color with car's original paint.

Also I suggest not to approach MASS for this work because they charge a bomb & if you claim insurance then you stand to loose no claim bonus next year.

Thanks,
Old 11th December 2012, 13:15   #58
BHPian

[quote=funkyp;2986530]Do you have any recommendations for a place in mumbai where i can get this done?

Unfortunately no. I live in Bangalore and so no idea on Mumbai . Recently by bro banged my car into a tree(was in ablind spot) while reversing. The effect was minimal but still left bad marks on the bumper removing the paint from quite a few places. Got it fixed from Honda authorized Service after asking few body work shops outside. The Guys outside quoted 3k for complete repaint job. Honda A$$ did it at 500 bucks extra.

Check at both MA$$ and other body workshops. If the diff isnt much get it done from the MASS else u know

Aloha
Shiv
Old 11th December 2012, 13:56   #59
BHPian

Sorry to hear about the mishap. The autos think they drive on two wheels and will even try and squeeze into spaces made for two wheelers. Damn them!!!

I'd suggest try getting it done from a reputed garage and then use the detailing tools to merge the mis-matched paints. Try using Megs UC it should work well. This is save you $$$ from M*A*S*S and yet give you a better finish.
Old 13th December 2012, 17:09   #60
BHPian

Thanks all for your suggestions. I am uploading a few pics of the scratches that pains my heart every time i see it

i will try getting a quote from the MASS as well as some local shop and then take a call. i am guessing getting the full panel painted will not be worth the money for this damage and i might as well live with it for a while.
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti Swift ZDi: 3rd service & 10,000 kms up-img_1449.jpg  

My Maruti Swift ZDi: 3rd service & 10,000 kms up-img_1450.jpg  

My Maruti Swift ZDi: 3rd service & 10,000 kms up-img_1451.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks