Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2012, 13:41   #31
BHPian

Re: The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip View Post
Samarth , can u mention which K&N Filter you have used in the car ? i meant the model.Was there any complicationon installing the same?
Brother, the K&N filter was installed at Autopsyche, and recommended by Arush. Unfortunately, I have lost the box. I'll try checking on the warranty card and get back to you. Oh, and there were no complications. Just a metal funnel thingy with a smaller dia towards the inlet pipe (stock) and a larger dia towards the K&N filter mouth had to be fabricated, along with a metal bracket, to support the filter. I will support this with a picture soon. Currently, the car has gone for some work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scofield View Post
I have always been a fan of Beat - its just looks like a new generation car compared to the competition in that segment. I really like your mods and the way you have done her by "not over doing" has definitely given your car a very much masculine character and it looks uber cool as well.
Thanks scofield!
Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
+1 to this request. I have tried searching for a K&N filter for the Beat but noone has it. Are you using a generic filter?
I am using a generic filter, yes. I believe there is next to nil info on this on the K&N website. As I said, I'll update you on the model number as soon as I find the warranty card! How's your blackie doing?

Sorry for the late response guys!

----------

UPDATE: Today, after completing roughly 18,500 kms, the car was given to Phil (handle speedsport) for FFE work. I have a long wait ahead now.
How am I going to manage? lol

Oh, and I might go in for a change over to synthetic engine oil (Motul).
Old 18th June 2012, 15:58   #32
BHPian

The progress is awesome. i'm going to be looking for feedback on the FFE you get from phil.

a few questions.
1.IS it all SS or MS?
2.Whats the hole in your pocket going to be?
3.How long does he need the car for? (including the fabrication and everything.)

CHeers,
Old 19th June 2012, 01:45   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
The progress is awesome. i'm going to be looking for feedback on the FFE you get from phil.

a few questions.
1.IS it all SS or MS?
2.Whats the hole in your pocket going to be?
3.How long does he need the car for? (including the fabrication and everything.)

CHeers,
Hey lilmonster, and I say that with respect

1. It is all SS
2. The hole in my pocket is going to resemble a black hole, literally, lol.
3. He needs the car for a minimum of 5 to 6 days, for any car for which the FFE has not yet been designed/manufactured.
But it is better to confirm with him in this regard. His handle on Team-BHP is "speedsport".

Cheers!
Sam
Old 19th June 2012, 08:30   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
I am using a generic filter, yes. I believe there is next to nil info on this on the K&N website. As I said, I'll update you on the model number as soon as I find the warranty card! How's your blackie doing?

UPDATE: Today, after completing roughly 18,500 kms, the car was given to Phil (handle speedsport) for FFE work. I have a long wait ahead now.
How am I going to manage? lol

Oh, and I might go in for a change over to synthetic engine oil (Motul).
So it means that a generic filter can be used. No hurry on the details, I am still contemplating whether to get it done. Black Metal (yes, thats her name) is doing good, regular scratches or wounds in Bangalore traffic is making her a war hero.

So finally you took the FFE plunge. Eagerly awaiting a report on that. And a few videos as well!
Old 19th June 2012, 09:52   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, you mean a universal conical, right?
I was wondering what the "generic" is.Maybe something new from k&n...
Old 19th June 2012, 11:16   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Guys, you mean a universal conical, right?
I was wondering what the "generic" is.Maybe something new from k&n...
Yes yes, lol, a universal K&N conical filter thingamajig!
Well when I got it I was too lazy to actually take a note of the model number, and too excited to start driving after installation! lol
Old 19th June 2012, 11:52   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hey samarth, that's a good looking car you have there. I personally do not like this colour that the Americans are probably so fond of, but looking at your car as a whole (and not just the paint colour), it doesn't look all that bad.

I actually just completed reading through entire thread & I must say that I loved the entire story behind the buying decision & how the Beat was finally chosen etc. Now forgive me for moving a bit back in time, but I am curious to know what your sister's reaction was when she saw the car in this avatar for the first time? I mean, she was the one who regularly used this vehicle & it was plain ordinary at that time.

Drive safe.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 19th June 2012 at 11:54.
Old 19th June 2012, 23:36   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
I am curious to know what your sister's reaction was when she saw the car in this avatar for the first time? I mean, she was the one who regularly used this vehicle & it was plain ordinary at that time.
Hi blackfire_9! Thanks for your words!

Well my sister's first reaction to the lights was "yuck! what have you done?" to be honest! I don't blame her, lol. She is not so much into cars. Even when she pays attention, she really doesn't like anything too flashy!
But there were some positives, thankfully.
She did enjoy the ICE, and the lighting inside.

I haven't sent her the link to this thread, afraid of what she might say..

And there have been even more lights added, and more to come. What can I say. I am a sucker for LEDs!

Which reminds me, guys, if you feel something is overdone, do give me your honest opinions!

Thanks.
Sam
Old 20th June 2012, 13:29   #39
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the honest & prompt response!

Well, since you asked, I won't say anything is overdone but I would say that the rear feels a bit left out. I mean, the front is all jazzed up with so many good quality LEDs but the rear looks relatively "stock"

Quote:
Hi blackfire_9! Thanks for your words!

Well my sister's first reaction to the lights was "yuck! what have you done?" to be honest! I don't blame her, lol. She is not so much into cars. Even when she pays attention, she really doesn't like anything too flashy!
But there were some positives, thankfully.
She did enjoy the ICE, and the lighting inside.

I haven't sent her the link to this thread, afraid of what she might say..

And there have been even more lights added, and more to come. What can I say. I am a sucker for LEDs!

Which reminds me, guys, if you feel something is overdone, do give me your honest opinions!

Thanks.
Sam
Old 20th June 2012, 21:34   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
I mean, the front is all jazzed up with so many good quality LEDs but the rear looks relatively "stock"
Hi.

The rear look has been kept stock because somehow I really like the way the body is shaped there, lol.
The taut lines with the lights (which ofcourse have red, yellow, white, grey and Black parts), and the way the 195 tires look with it makes me feel happy!
If I had to do anything, I would want to change the rear lights, along with high mounted stop lamp all to LEDs. But options are not too many. And they're expense.

The rear should soon get a nice shiny chrome exhaust tip! Or maybe two!

That should enhance the looks a bit naa!

Thanks for your honest response there

Cheers!
Sam
Old 20th June 2012, 21:44   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia

Hi.

The rear look has been kept stock because somehow I really like the way the body is shaped there, lol.
The taut lines with the lights (which ofcourse have red, yellow, white, grey and Black parts), and the way the 195 tires look with it makes me feel happy!
If I had to do anything, I would want to change the rear lights, along with high mounted stop lamp all to LEDs. But options are not too many. And they're expense.

Thanks for your honest response there

Cheers!
Sam
Theres an led bulb over at DX , it kinda opens up inside the tail lamp like a three bladed fan.
Take a look.
About 10 $

Last edited by mayankk : 20th June 2012 at 21:58.
Old 20th June 2012, 21:58   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Hi.

You should definitely get a chrome exhaust tip. I got one for mine (a single barrel one) and it just makes the rear look all that better. Plus, you get the impression that its a faster car than it is. In your case though, it will actually be a faster car than it is.

Quote:
Theres an led bulb over at sc, it kinda opens up inside the tail lamp like a three bladed fan.
Take a look.
About 10 $
Whats sc? Is there an online link?
Old 20th June 2012, 22:05   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Theres an led bulb over at DX , it kinda opens up inside the tail lamp like a three bladed fan.
Take a look.
About 10 $
Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post

Whats sc? Is there an online link?
+1. Linky please, mayankk. TIA.

I recently ordered a lot of little things for the beat from DX. International orders are definitely processed really slowly! I got part delivery after about a month. Rest yet to arrive

Does it usually take that long?

And, BTW, I have a new keeda in my head to get some nice round Hella 700s fitted. Am thinking of asking Phil to fabricate a bracket fitted directly on the chassis. I am really not enjoying the HIDs too much. They spread a lot and don't give much long range light.
On the other hand, I have been driving my mother's New Honda City. The engine is makhhan smooooooth! But the headlamps are pathetic. So comparitively the HL on the Beat with HID work well. I need more though. As always, lol.

Last edited by samarth.bhatia : 20th June 2012 at 22:11. Reason: removing 3rd smiley and putting it here, lol :)
Old 20th June 2012, 22:24   #44
BHPian

Quote:

I recently ordered a lot of little things for the beat from DX. International orders are definitely processed really slowly! I got part delivery after about a month. Rest yet to arrive

Ya DX is unreliable when it comes to delivery times. 1 month is like the bare minimum for things.

Mind sharing some of the little things you are getting for T-Rex, so that I can order them for Black Metal as well ?

P:S your reason for edit is epic!!

Last edited by superutp : 20th June 2012 at 22:26.
Old 20th June 2012, 22:30   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia

And, BTW, I have a new keeda in my head to get some nice round Hella 700s fitted. Am thinking of asking Phil to fabricate a bracket fitted directly on the chassis. I am really not enjoying the HIDs too much. They spread a lot and don't give much long range light.
On the other hand, I have been driving my mother's New Honda City. The engine is makhhan smooooooth! But the headlamps are pathetic. So comparitively the HL on the Beat with HID work well. I need more though. As always, lol.
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/1157-2-...v-37457?item=8

and this

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/1157-2-...-65851?item=20

and yeah,it does take between 20 days and a month.
but you cant beat the prices,eh?

super,its dx,dealextreme.com.
you quoted before i could edit the "sc".

Last edited by mayankk : 20th June 2012 at 22:31.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks