Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2012, 22:36   #46
BHPian

Re: The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more

The prices are good. But some of the items I received are not that good, quality wise. But good enough as per the price, I guess. If only they could get delivered faster.

In terms of the items, I was thinking more in terms of the entire rear light assembly. These bulb thingys are good, but I keep reading about the lack of brightness - something I wouldn't want to risk with the brake lights.

And super, I will definitely put up some images once I get the car back from Phil and get these installed! Watch this space!

Cheers!

Last edited by samarth.bhatia : 20th June 2012 at 22:38.
Old 2nd July 2012, 16:13   #47
BHPian

Announcement:
T-Rex is back after the FFE install.
The install is good, but it could have been much better.

Some problems:
The end can is fixed very badly. The whole thing sticks to the bumper, making it vibrate like crazy. And the vibration noise is aweful. Plus I do not think the clamp is properly holding on to the bumper.

So basically, after a 14 day wait for a 3 day job, I will be heading back to Phil's workshop very soon.

And the AC pollen filter needs to be replaced as well.

This, my friends, is my 19k update.

Cheers!
Sam

P.S. pics and videos of the FFE coming up within this week.
PPS The FFe sounds great, increases the power in the low band to a good level. But honestly, I have not been able to focus on the power too much with the noise! :P The car, when driven normally, responds much better to slight taps on the gas pedal.

Last edited by samarth.bhatia : 2nd July 2012 at 16:15.
Old 2nd July 2012, 16:20   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia
Announcement:
T-Rex is back after the FFE install.
The install is good, but it could have been much better.

Some problems:
The end can is fixed very badly. The whole thing sticks to the bumper, making it vibrate like crazy. And the vibration noise is aweful. Plus I do not think the clamp is properly holding on to the bumper.

This can be fixed by any silencer guy.
Unless you're paranoid
Or if there's some warranty involved
Old 2nd July 2012, 17:24   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
Announcement:

Some problems:

Check and see if the clamp has the flexible rubber thingy between the muffler and the mounting point on the car, should help Reduce vibration. i had the same issues and it took me 3 trials to finally get it fixed. Alternatively You could try getting the bottom Edge of where the bumper touches the Muffler Trimmed or filed a little bit.

Post pics so we know better and Happy revving buddy!
Old 2nd July 2012, 23:24   #50
BHPian

phil
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
This can be fixed by any silencer guy.
Unless you're paranoid
Or if there's some warranty involved

Dude warranty? woh toh gayi!

I'll try and get it fixed by Phil himself.
Will keep you updated.

The roar is excellent though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
Check and see if the clamp has the flexible rubber thingy between the muffler and the mounting point on the car, should help Reduce vibration. i had the same issues and it took me 3 trials to finally get it fixed. Alternatively You could try getting the bottom Edge of where the bumper touches the Muffler Trimmed or filed a little bit.
Thanks buddy!
I have been tempted to revv the T-Rex quite a bit actually!
Tried checking for the rubber thingy.. wasn't able to find it.

The only grouse I have with the install is this vibrating muffler.

BTW the mechanic at Phil's workshop told me the bumper would melt around the exhaust tip due to the heat. I didn't know what to say. I hope things are a bit better once Phil is back from the Moghal rally in Kashimir.
Will try and post the pics ASAP.

Cheers!
Sam

PS I drove her quite a bit today. The exhaust note is quite intoxicating, I must say!
Old 2nd July 2012, 23:33   #51
Senior - BHPian

Samarth, the roar is indeed intoxicating. IT really tempts you to revv her more and more.

BTW How much you paid for FFE ?

I will suggest you to get a pair of angel eyes projectors for her, will really gel with the car. Check out mayankk's fiesta thread, He got bi-xenon projector's along with HID's for 8k. Maybe, you can also get a good deal. Do give it a thought

P.S Update your signature.

Cheers,
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 2nd July 2012 at 23:35.
Old 3rd July 2012, 00:06   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia
phil

Dude warranty? woh toh gayi!
Phil's warranty, that's what I meant.
Old 3rd July 2012, 00:35   #53
BHPian

Sam,

Should be something like this.The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-cusco-exhaust-hanger-bushing-model-30099...jpg

Mods i googled the image.

This basically isolates vibration from the End can and the rest of the exhaust. it does take a bit of work when you get a one off FFE made. i'm sure all these little niggles will get sorted out.

PS: discussions about FFE's are pointless without videos.

Last edited by lilMonSter : 3rd July 2012 at 00:45.
lilMonSter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 11:13   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Samarth, the roar is indeed intoxicating. IT really tempts you to revv her more and more.

BTW How much you paid for FFE ?

I will suggest you to get a pair of angel eyes projectors for her, will really gel with the car.

P.S Update your signature.
Thanks bro.
The FFE hit my pocket hard. That's mainly because it is in complete SS. I have PM'ed you the price.

Angel eyes + projectors once I get over this payment. I have been interested in getting Hella auxiliary lamps like Ricky_43 used to have on his swift. This would help me have atleast some light in 4300K (for the rains/fogs of Delhi).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Phil's warranty, that's what I meant.
Oh, sorry. My bad.
There should be a warranty, yes. I have gotten most of the rattles sorted out. The engine check lights, and some minor rattles under loaded conditions remain. Will get that sorted ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post

Should be something like this.

PS: discussions about FFE's are pointless without videos.
Thanks for the image. Will try finding if it's available with Phil.
And on the videos front, I agree 100%.
Will put them up ASAP.

Cheers guys!
Sam
Old 23rd July 2012, 00:57   #55
BHPian

Coming soon: HELLA 500FF Black Magic!
This car has kept me constantly broke. And it's done it again!

I'm loving it!

-Sam
Old 10th August 2012, 00:39   #56
BHPian

The Hellas are on the car. Some other updates as well.

List of changes:

1. *Upgraded* headlamps from HIDs to 90/100 Phillips Rally halogens, with complete Phillips harness and relay kit (the kit can handle up to 100/130). and yes, I removed my useless HIDs for halogens

2. Hella 500 Black Magic with original Hella 500 grills

3. Separate switch installed for the DRLs (even for me there's a thing like too many lights :P)

4. Puddle lights installed - these are the same vertically oriented LED strips visible on the lower extreme corners of the front bumpers. Super bright, super cool.

BTW, the Hellas are mounted on an Angle frame which is mounted on the cross member behind the bumper - this gives it ample strength, and reduces vibrations drastically.

Some other items:

1. Manchester United neck pillows
2. Manchester United shoulder pads on seat belts
3. 3M Carbon Fibre vinyl on door handles, near front fog lamps, on the Chevy bow tie (front and back), and on the steering wheel - part DIY.

And the video shoot of the FFE is still pending - should be posted here this weekend.

Some Pics of car in the present condition (some older ones after this batch):

The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-wp_000006.jpg

The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-wp_000003.jpg

Name:  WP_000004.jpg
Views: 3721
Size:  65.6 KB

The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-wp_000005.jpg

The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-wp_000043.jpg

The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-wp_000044.jpg

The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-wp_000046.jpg

The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-wp_000047.jpg

The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-wp_000048.jpg

The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-wp_000049.jpg

Cheers.

Last edited by samarth.bhatia : 10th August 2012 at 01:05. Reason: adding clicks!
Old 10th August 2012, 01:09   #57
BHPian

Some slightly older pics.

The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-dsc02316.jpg

The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-dsc02317.jpg

The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-dsc02318.jpg

The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-dsc02319.jpg

The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-dsc02320.jpg

The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-dsc02322.jpg

The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-dsc02324.jpg

The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-dsc02325.jpg

The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-dsc02327.jpg

The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-dsc02328.jpg

The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-dsc02329.jpg

The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-dsc02330.jpg

The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-dsc02331.jpg

The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-dsc02334.jpg

The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more-dsc02337.jpg
Old 10th August 2012, 01:19   #58
BHPian

Quote:

Some other items:

1. Manchester United neck pillows
2. Manchester United shoulder pads on seat belts
3. 3M Carbon Fibre vinyl on door handles, near front fog lamps, on the Chevy bow tie (front and back), and on the steering wheel - part DIY.

Cheers.
Your car looks absouloutely wicked..where did u get the Man Utd neck pillows and seat belt covers from? I would love to have a pair of these
Old 10th August 2012, 01:27   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
Your car looks absouloutely wicked..where did u get the Man Utd neck pillows and seat belt covers from? I would love to have a pair of these
Hi.
Thank you for your compliment.

These were bought online from dealextreme.com and ebay.in.
Recently I found that both the items are available now on ebay.in.

Cheers.
Sam
Old 10th August 2012, 07:31   #60
Senior - BHPian

Cool car & I quite like the way the end can looks. It's not too big & just the right size. Have seen some cars with enormous end cans & they simply look out of the place.

Samarth, what is that device on the A-pillar (as seen in Pic.-11 above)? How much did you get it for & from where?

Quote:
Hi.
Thank you for your compliment.

These were bought online from dealextreme.com and ebay.in.
Recently I found that both the items are available now on ebay.in.

Cheers.
Sam

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks