Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2015, 23:11   #91
BHPian

Re: The Story of My T-Rex - Chevy Beat Petrol. K&N, LEDs, Wheels, ICE & more

Hey Samarth, that's a little beast you got there & aggressively modified.

Do you live somewhere in G.K.2, near to Mandakini Enclave gate no.10? I have a friend who lives in Mandakini, and I have encountered a number of times a cocktail green Beat, which looks like it's yours!
Old 30th August 2015, 23:48   #92
BHPian

Dude,
What wheel size are you running ?
I have a spare set of 15" alloys from my swift, which I recently sold. Any idea what size tyres can I fit on them ?
Also can I know the cost of the FFE ? I have a first gen Beat, and wanna do the FFE.
Old 12th December 2015, 16:59   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parth.jain View Post
Hey Samarth, that's a little beast you got there & aggressively modified.

Do you live somewhere in G.K.2, near to Mandakini Enclave gate no.10? I have a friend who lives in Mandakini, and I have encountered a number of times a cocktail green Beat, which looks like it's yours!
Yes, that would be me, Parth. Spotted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_safari View Post
Dude,
What wheel size are you running ?
I have a spare set of 15" alloys from my swift, which I recently sold. Any idea what size tyres can I fit on them ?
Also can I know the cost of the FFE ? I have a first gen Beat, and wanna do the FFE.
I would recommend going in for 175 profile R15's. My suggestion is to try Yoko A-drives, or Pirellis. The softer, the better the grip, but also the lesser the overall life. I'm running Yoko A-drive R14s 195 section. They've done about 38k, and are pretty much towards the end of their life.
On my next change, I'm shifting to either 175s or max to max 185s.

Updates

The FFE from Speedsport has been completely removed - I am back to stock exhaust now.
Reason> The down pipe (4-2-1) after the header just broke.
Possible Root Cause> Extreme pitting corrosion.
Just to be clear, I paid INR 25,000 for this FFE - I could have bought it for 15,000 as well, but paid extra for Stainless Steel Material of Construction.
The corrosion started barely one year after buying it, but it was only closer to the welded flanges (understandable due to differential metal, and lack of good quality paint).

Lesson Learnt> Trust no one with this. Not even Speedsport (I usually find their work to be quite professional. Can not say the same of their attitude)

__

Jabra Freeway bluetooth speaker removed.
Reason> Got the inbuilt bluetooth on the head unit activated - only the mic was missing.
Used to work well, but off late my voice seems to be unclear to the listeners.

__

Factory fitted gear knob is now breaking apart - the plastic cracked up, and is just disintegrating - soon there would be just the stick, no knob at all :P

__

SPC metal pedals are a joke - the metal is just worn out, and there is no rubber - so sometimes the foot slips off.

__

Changed the front shock absorbers, changed the clutch & pressure plates. The clutch is just suspiciously super light now. And the suspension is doing its job properly.

Cheers,
Sam
samarth.bhatia is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks