Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2012, 13:50   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I did not mean T-Jet should be adorned with pull type door handles just because they are in vogue. I know they are an older trend than flap type handles. But I personally feel that combination of chrome and flap makes it an eye sore.
I don't know about others but the chrome flap type door handles go very well with the white colour atleast (I also don't like chrome generally). As regards keyless entry, one thing I didn't understand is that why they haven't even provided key hole on the left front door.

Last edited by carwatcher : 24th April 2012 at 13:52.
Old 24th April 2012, 14:53   #47

Re: The Dark Knightİ comes home - Story of my Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus

Quote:
No buddy I am still running on stock headlights but seriously considering an upgrade. Actually that has been on my list since a long time and I'm keen to go for higher wattage with relay and wiring than going for NightBreaker/Extreme Vision or any such bulbs in stock wattage. Still researching on the best alternative.
Hi,
First of all, a well written post and i appreciate your passion for Fiat. As a owner of the Linea MJD, i know what a head turner this car is. You have the awesomely beautiful alloys (i wish i can get one for my beloved MJD).
Like you, i was also contemplating with the headlamp upgrade and all the service advisors warned me against high wattage bulbs, coz it requires some additional wiring which can void the warranty for electricals (in their words and i have not tried to analyze on what gounds it can be voided... but its a pain to convince them). And there are limited resources who know the linea well outside the authorized service centers.
I hope you are aware that, if you put on the high beam, both of your low & high beam units comes alive and it is more than enough to have a good visibilty of the road. If you need additional peripheral vision lighting, use your front fog lamp... all the 3 put together, you get 330 wats of light power (Low beam 55*2, High Beam 55*2, Fog Lamp 55*2) . This is way too good for highway driving. But using all these within city is not recommended. Hence I was having problem in city driving using only the low beam (with stock bulb). so i have changed only the low beam bulb to Osram Night breaker+ 55 watt bulb. i am getting adequate visibility in city now. if you are a DIY person, you can adjust the headlamp level & Direction with an alen key so that you get a better light throw. So i would suggest you NOT to go for high wattage bulb and mess up the wiring. Also i remember seeing a post telling that high wattage bulbs' additional heat is a killer for your reflectors and you end up having a smoked effect in a month... so in long run you can ruin the reflectors and end up with poor light focus on the road again. so be cautious.

By the way, changing the bulb is really a tricky one in Linea. In particula the RHS headlamp. when i changed the bulb, the mech (an experienced candidate) is not able figure out how to remove the bulb and ended up removing the front fender to gain access to the headlamp and then fixed it. so be cautious when you give this machine to anyone other than the Fiat service center guys.

Happy mile munching in your T-Jet (Truly a Jet).
Old 11th August 2012, 17:07   #48
BHPian

Re: Mods done

Quote:
  • Changed tires to Michelin Primacy LC 205/55/16 upon delivery
Hi,

Loved reading your review; really liked it. A tire question. Any specific reason you chose this Michelin?

I am stated to take delivery of a T-Jet in a couple of weeks, so I ask. Hope to hear from you soon.
Old 11th August 2012, 18:35   #49
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mods done

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Hi,

Loved reading your review; really liked it. A tire question. Any specific reason you chose this Michelin?

I am stated to take delivery of a T-Jet in a couple of weeks, so I ask. Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks! And congrats for the wise decision. You'll love each and every moment spent in and with the car!

Well, in my experience (with Getz before and now with Linea), Michelin has proved to be the best tire on all counts - comfort, silence, grip (esp wet grip) and braking. It accentuates the driving experience of TJet. Yes it is costly, but then you are paying for good quality.

A second choice might be Yoko, speaking from cost angle only. But I don't have a personal experience so cannot comment.

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 11th August 2012 at 18:43.
Old 6th October 2012, 19:09   #50
Senior - BHPian

Kagu 3D Maxpider mats?? installed or not?? I love the way they fit on the Linea. I was going to invest in these for my Civic (after a lot of thought. 5.5k for a set of footmats JUST doesn't feel right) but saw that they don't fit as well in the Civic, so went in for suede beige mats.
Old 6th October 2012, 21:00   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta
Kagu 3D Maxpider mats?? installed or not?? I love the way they fit on the Linea. I was going to invest in these for my Civic (after a lot of thought. 5.5k for a set of footmats JUST doesn't feel right) but saw that they don't fit as well in the Civic, so went in for suede beige mats.
I found Kagu overpriced. So chose to go for Star Mats from Sai Mag Wheels.
nishantgandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2012, 02:34   #52
Senior - BHPian

Me too. I ALMOST got enticed. Then realized that a man has to draw a line somewhere. And spending 5.5k on FOOTMATs for the car is WAY too much. Over rated and over priced, IMHO.
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2012, 13:14   #53
Senior - BHPian

What pipe is this? Why is it dangling loose?

Guys, I was doing a routine inspection of my engine bay and found this rubber pipe dangling loose. I could not locate its origin, except that its coming somewhere from behind the battery.

What is this pipe and why is it dangling loose? Any cause for concern? I don't remember having seen this before.

The Dark Knightİ comes home - Story of my Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus-img_20121225_122703.jpg

The Dark Knightİ comes home - Story of my Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus-img_20121225_125343.jpg

The Dark Knightİ comes home - Story of my Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus-img_20121225_125410.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality mobile cam picture.
Old 25th December 2012, 13:22   #54
BHPian

Re: What pipe is this? Why is it dangling loose?

My guess is it is a battery vent tube! Some batteries come with this tube.
Motorcycles used them for many years. Batteries "gas" as they are charged and release Hydrogen and Oxygen. Just a wee bit Explosive.! If acid were to come out of there you are in serious trouble. (ie. battery ready to explode) Most batteries of vented through the caps. Hence all the corrosion on the terminals. Newer (sealed) batteries are called VR (valve regulated) and do not require venting.

Last edited by yamaniac : 25th December 2012 at 13:27.
Old 25th December 2012, 13:32   #55
Senior - BHPian

My guess is that it's the AC drain pipe. The battery vent tube, especially coupled with the explosive theory sounds a wee bit far fetched to me. Especially on cars these days which come with sealed batteries (mine is a 2011 Line TJet)
nishantgandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2012, 13:41   #56
Team-BHP Support

Nishant, which car is this? Can you post a pic of the engine bay and circle out the area where the pipe is located.

It's going to be anybody's guess till then.
Old 25th December 2012, 14:31   #57
BHPian

Would have been easier if you highlighted the pipe in the picture. Took a while to register what pipe you were talking about. From the looks of it, it looks like the battery overflow pipe to allow for excess distilled water and gases to escape. Try tracing the pipe to the source and see where it reaches !
Old 25th December 2012, 17:12   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Nishant, which car is this? Can you post a pic of the engine bay and circle out the area where the pipe is located.

It's going to be anybody's guess till then.
Vidyut, this is the Tjet engine bay.

As suggested by Vidyut post the complete engine bay and highlight the area where this pipe is found.

Guess this is something to do with the battery pipe.

By the way are you finding any change in the car's behaviour? I mean how it revs, or the AC performance, and any related to these things.
Old 25th December 2012, 17:36   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is this pipe and why is it dangling loose?
I checked it out on a Linea. This pipe is definitely not from battery even though it shows up below battery area. Generally, one end of battery overflow pipe starts on top of battery & other end is left loose.
This pipe is secured with a clamp in the middle & end is left loose. Better to check once car is on a ramp during next servicing or wheel alignment.
Old 26th December 2012, 08:12   #60
Team-BHP Support

From the thickness of it in the pictures, it is more likely to be the AC drain pipe which has come unsecured. A quick test would confirm this - switch on the A/C in 'LO' mode, full blast and leave the car idle for a couple of minutes. You should see the condensed water dripping out soon from this pipe. If you don't see the dripping, the pipe is something else. My bet is still on the drain pipe.

Last edited by KarthikK : 26th December 2012 at 08:17.

Most Viewed