Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2012, 00:29   #31
BHPian

Re: The Dark Knightİ comes home - Story of my Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus

Quote:
She is responsible for making me a Fiat fanboy. She has told me so many stories of the Palio that it got me curious.
Wow man, you are one lucky guy. My ex used to love my palio too, esp the space as compared to her colleague's swift (no offense).
BTW does she have a cousin ? :P

Quote:
I'm slowly getting used to it. But even after 6 months, I'm required to look at the switches. In my Getz, it was more of a natural reflex action.
That's why love Palio. Front window switches on right (on door) and rear window switches are next to gear lever. This way even the passenger can access them.

Quote:
Yes, I stand corrected there. It is the sound of a fan which can give a ship's turbine a run for it's money. Or maybe Fiat wants to extend the concept of a Jet propeller here too?
One funny incident with my palio.
for some days, the Fan noise was maximum.
It happens in two conditions only
1) higher engine temp
and 2) AC is ON
none was the condition

I got it checked and found out that some resistor (AFAIK) was not working.
good naa, if it doesn't work, Fan goes on the full mode.
So instead of reduced cooling and overheated engine due to lower fan speed,
the car gets higher cooling, which cannot cause any harm.
Old 19th April 2012, 10:04   #32
BHPian

Congratulations, Nishant. Wonderful write up to go with a wonderful car. I bet you will be grinning every time you drive it. Hope to see many more write ups.
Keep the petrolhead flame burning.
Cheers.
Old 19th April 2012, 11:43   #33
BHPian

congrats about the great buy! my compliments to your wife too for being one of the rarest of rare Fiat fangirl!

Btw, are u considering fiat's increased ground clearance kit that they are selling for older Lineas? would it affect the handling? If it doesnt , that would be a good thing IMO.

This engine with the Fiat DuaLogic semi-automatic gearbox would be a cracker! if only dreams come true! If ford can introduce the dual clutch fiesta at less than 10L, so can Fiat....
Old 19th April 2012, 13:19   #34
BHPian

Congrats man!!! you have a really fine piece of machinery. Enjpy it to the fullest. Had booked a T-jet myself but increased runs/month made me change it to a MJD.

My wifey is a Fiat fangirl too. She always used to wonder why I am gaga about my Palio. Then I was on a overseas assignment for 6 months and she took over and fell in love.... So it was she who insisted that we buy the Linea which can be the only worthy successor to our Palio. Now my son is a Fiatian as well.
Old 19th April 2012, 15:08   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Definitely the petrol-sedan to have for us driving enthusiasts! Congrats on the T-Jet and thanks for sharing your review with us.

I am surprised you don't have much of an issue with the driving position. That, to me, is a major fly in the Linea ointment. Even after spending a couple of days with the T-Jet, I just wasn't able to find the right driver position. Says a lot as one reason I'd buy this car is the driving experience (alone)!!!

Hope you bagged a good discount? Congrats again & drive safe.
I test drove a Fiat Linea Diesel Emotion and I too was just not able to find the correct driving position. Good to know that a few others to have that issue and its not a problem with me.
Old 19th April 2012, 17:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Thanks Jakku. The night time visibility is as good as it can be. CR70 is a transparent film so it wont hinder your vision.
Hey Nishant, one thing I specifically need to ask is about headlamps, have you done any upgradation or running with the stock ones.
Old 19th April 2012, 19:13   #37
BHPian

Congrats Nishant! You have THE best car south of 2 million rupees.

Quote:
What I loved most was the fact that T-Jet has its basics (engine, suspension, drive, safety features, braking) stongly in place. To my mind, these are it's USPs. All other features (Auto AC/Climate control, all leather interiors, steering remote control, large boot etc) are just bonus, nice-to-haves for this car. On the other hand, such features are exactly what are being pitched as USPs of the other three contenders! See the difference?
You said it! Precisely thats probably one of the reasons why Fiat never got enough buyers - why can't they advertise what they are best at?!
Old 19th April 2012, 22:37   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
congrats about the great buy! my compliments to your wife too for being one of the rarest of rare Fiat fangirl!

Btw, are u considering fiat's increased ground clearance kit that they are selling for older Lineas? would it affect the handling? If it doesnt , that would be a good thing IMO.

This engine with the Fiat DuaLogic semi-automatic gearbox would be a cracker! if only dreams come true! If ford can introduce the dual clutch fiesta at less than 10L, so can Fiat....
Thanks CtrlAltDel! I'm not considering the increased GC kit. As it is, T-Jet Plus has the highest GC in the class (170 mm). Moreover, I have not faced any GC issues yet. So why bother!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Hey Nishant, one thing I specifically need to ask is about headlamps, have you done any upgradation or running with the stock ones.
No buddy I am still running on stock headlights but seriously considering an upgrade. Actually that has been on my list since a long time and I'm keen to go for higher wattage with relay and wiring than going for NightBreaker/Extreme Vision or any such bulbs in stock wattage. Still researching on the best alternative.
Old 21st April 2012, 10:58   #39
An1
BHPian

Congratulations on your new beauty.. I own an MJD for close to 2 years now.

I always wondered why there are die hard Fiat fans.. But owning Linea myself now..I would buy it again over other sedans available in the market in its segment any day.

If only Fiat could remove few bits & pieces of small niggles in interiors & rubbers.. I feel the car has the class to stand besides the likes of C's & 3's.
An1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2012, 11:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Jet, Nishant. FIAT USP's would tilt any car enthusiast in it's favour!

BTW, Sunbeam Biege is now available in MultiJet and other versions too! (2012 models)
Old 22nd April 2012, 18:25   #41

Congrats. Another TJet. Welcome to the small club of enthusiasts. I own one for 1 year now. And its black too. I read your review after coming back from a 1000 kms drive myself - one of the many I have taklen in my Jet. In case you do change the headlights pl advice alternative. I'm searching without much success.

Last edited by GTO : 24th April 2012 at 13:15. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 22nd April 2012, 21:48   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Congrats on the Jet, Nishant. FIAT USP's would tilt any car enthusiast in it's favour!

BTW, Sunbeam Biege is now available in MultiJet and other versions too! (2012 models)
Yes and in fact the amazing alloys are also made standard on E+ variants in 2012 models. There goes the T-Jet exclusivity!
Old 23rd April 2012, 21:37   #43
BHPian

Dear Nishant,
Lucky you!!

Excellent car. You are the one who listens to the heart than to head and live the life rather than merely exist.

Congratulations my friend. Many happy happy kilometers and great times ahead with this gorgeous machine.

Have fun! Be safe!!
Old 24th April 2012, 13:24   #44
BHPian

Congrats on your new T-jet.
Some of this car's specs will put a 15lakh rupee sedan to shame, but sadly Fiat hasn't communicated all that to Indian consumer's properly.

Quote:
Flap type and chrome finished door handles. This car definitely deserves ‘pull type’ body colored door handles.
Agree with you on the chrome bit(maybe to satisfy India's fetish for chrome), but there's nothing new about 'pull type' handles. Even the ambys from the 70s have pull type handles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I prefer the existing door handles. They maybe old school but go well with the overall design of the car. The side profile won't look as good with the pull handles. Just my opinion.
+1
IMO the door handles should be in sync with the body shape and design language of a particular car, and not just blindly follow the 'current trend'.
Got to appreciate the Italians for not having succumbed to the temptation of going with the flow, and even the new Punto EVO hasn't migrated to 'pull-type'.

Last edited by Daewood : 24th April 2012 at 13:31.
Old 24th April 2012, 13:40   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Congrats on your new T-jet.
Some of this car's specs will put a 15lakh rupee sedan to shame, but sadly Fiat hasn't communicated all that to Indian consumer's properly.
Thanks Daewood, and you are spot on w.r.t the features. It does put many so called premium/luxury sedans to shame. But you know what, I actually like it that Fiat has kept T-Jet so stealth. It lends exclusivity to the car, which I enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Agree with you on the chrome bit(maybe to satisfy India's fetish for chrome), but there's nothing new about 'pull type' handles. Even the ambys from the 70s have pull type handles.

+1
IMO the door handles should be in sync with the body shape and design language of a particular car, and not just blindly follow the 'current trend'.
Got to appreciate the Italians for not having succumbed to the temptation of going with the flow, and even the new Punto EVO hasn't migrated to 'pull-type'.
I did not mean T-Jet should be adorned with pull type door handles just because they are in vogue. I know they are an older trend than flap type handles. But I personally feel that combination of chrome and flap makes it an eye sore. If you notice, from a distance, you can distinctly make out the extra chrome, esp on a Black car like mine. I like stealth looks and the functionality of pull type.

It would have been even better had they integrated key-less entry in those pull type handles.

Most Viewed