Team-BHP - India to USA : Boss II to Boss III! My Ford Explorer
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   India to USA : Boss II to Boss III! My Ford Explorer (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/119315-india-usa-boss-ii-boss-iii-my-ford-explorer-3.html)

Quote:

Expedition is their full size offering. I guess you meant Escape
Hi thegame,

Oops! you are correct! It is Ford Escape. Thanks for the correction. Ford Expedition would be a monster on our roads!

A little late but congratulations. Its looking absolutely beautiful in black. Interiors look awesome. It is one of my favourite SUV. Would definitely love to own one. Wish you many happy and safe miles. How is the ride quality compared to Scorpio?

Quote:

A little late but congratulations. Its looking absolutely beautiful in black. Interiors look awesome. It is one of my favourite SUV. Would definitely love to own one. Wish you many happy and safe miles. How is the ride quality compared to Scorpio?

Ride quality - incorrect comparision with a Scorpio, may be? However, I assume the difference of Crossover and body on ladder exists in the refinement area. Explorer is way ahead of a Scorpio on the ride quality for its size, build and most importantly- the country in which it is sold:D

Hi All,

I am adding some new pictures that highlights the options and features of BOSS III.

Will let the pictures do the talking :D

In continuum,

the last picture of red VW van is for Pavan Kadam(if he gets to see this thread):thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by getsurya (Post 2768135)
In continuum,

the last picture of red VW van is for Pavan Kadam(if he gets to see this thread):thumbs up

I would never miss such visual treatsclap: This one is a 73 Baywindow, similar to mine, i pity its condition. The reason why most of the Bus's around dont get cosmetic attention is because they are so much built like a tank with a Fantastic engine and awesome cruising capabilities, UNMATCHED (yes, thats the word), hope it gets restored some day.

Firstly, must commend on your Ford. What a Huge, Mean looking Monster you got thereclap: Just amazing to see its Sheer size and features. I can know the excitement within you by the way you are posting details about this new Boss of yours. Congratulations once again, have a safe and an exciting ownership.

Quote:

I would never miss such visual treatsclap: This one is a 73 Baywindow, similar to mine, i pity its condition.

Firstly, must commend on your Ford. What a Huge, Mean looking Monster you got thereclap: Just amazing to see its Sheer size and features. I can know the excitement within you by the way you are posting details about this new Boss of yours. Congratulations once again, have a safe and an exciting ownership.
Hi Pavan,

Thanks for your wishes. I am enjoying my BOSS III to the fullest and am planning some long drives.

US, as we all know is a treat to Autophilics like us. All the vintages that are left to rust here make me feel bad.

I wish I can find a way to ship one or two knocked down old cars from here to India.

Hi,

Over this long weekend(in USA) I had the wonderful opportunity to take BOSS III on a long drive to Minneapolis. We started from Des Moines, Iowa at 9am and with one stop in between for kids to eat and rest room break we reached Minneapolis by 1:00pm. It took us four hours of very disciplined driving without going over the speed limits assigned(most of which was 70mph). We also had a super heavy downpour of rain for 15 minutes which brought the speed down to 55mph for that period.

Now coming to the car, it was awesome on the road. Silent and oozing with power on tap and was difficult to control the speeding urges! Car's traction control works blessfully superb on wet roads. MPG was 22.23 for the full round trip. Enjoyed the audio system features to the fullest coupled with the volume space the BOSS III offered us. My son had the PSP plugged in for his gaming experience and we using two thumb drives for different music selections on both the USB ports. There were no unusual noises(mechanical or wind) of any sort during the drive. Had the occasion to brake suddenly as well(unfortunately) due to a left lane truck suddenly swinging wildly onto the car infront of me before returning to his lane. I guess the truck driver might have dozed of!! The all disc brakes work good and do the job without giving you goose bumps!:D

It was a welcome break for my family in BOSS III after we moved to US 4 months back. Now, will be planning for longer drives and farther destinations- Thanks BOSS!!clap:

Hi friends,

I have finally personalized the license plate as attached below. Boss is named officially as BOSS with the legacy car number for our family- 783!clap:

Congrats on the buy, dude. That is a beauty err.. a beast..Ughhh! Never mind. It's just pretty amazing. Don't know why these American blokes don't bring these cars over to India. Ford Explorer, Chevy Sonic and the likes.

Hi,

To bump up this thread after some time!

My BOSS(read car) has recently crossed the 7500 miles mark and is doing awesome, as always!

I am very impressed with Ford's quality on this model, for sure(knowing Ford's ownership risks earlier). Ford Explorer is well made and can give a good race in the long term with other Japanese models as a true SUV leader in US(which it was, a long time ago).

My first servicing is due at 10000 miles and I plan to drive to Niagara falls, New York & New Jersey this June with family for a 2 week long road trip. That would be fun and we are looking forward to it.

Recently, I purchased the Slime flat tire kit and it is fully equipped. The inflator is super efficient and pumps up a flat tire on this car in 3-5 minutes.

Talking about tires/wheels, we have added a pair of electric wheels for my son, as well.

Pictures below for your pleasure.

Hi Guys,

I have done some new additions to my ride recently,

1. Car DVR camera- Picked this up on Amazon for ~$ 48.00. Has features like G-sensor, DVR recording with loop facility, Video and photo options, HDMI out, SD card slot, Motion detection for video capture to begin etc. I wanted to try this cheaper option first before I buy a good professional grade camera.

2. Resqme tool- I really liked this tool and its benefits. Picked this up from Amazon for $8.00 and I feel is full worth of the cost.

3. Car wide angle lens- From Amazon again for $9.00. I have used this exhaustively earlier on my Scorpios' and I find it extremely useful for everyday driving.

4. Igloo car cooler- I have a super sized one in India and wanted a more compact one(this can take 35 300ml coke cans, just for size relativity), so my favorite store Costco had this! Picked this up for $90.00 and is of good quality and brings down the temperature to ambient ~3 degrees Centigrade.

I have added some pictures for your pleasure and will let them do the talking now:D

Pictures continued...