Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2012, 14:48   #16
BHPian

Re: Desire Again! Maruti Swift Dzire VDi Initial Ownership Review

A very detailed and honest review Turbokick. Really liked the way you pointed out the negative aspects as well as the good points of the car. Indeed the new DZire has a very small boot for a sedan and somehow falls in between 2 segments. Congratulations on your new buy. With Fiat's tried and tested 1.3L MJD engine and Maruti's super-reliable after sales service, you should be in for happy days.
Old 20th April 2012, 23:09   #17
BHPian

Excellent review Turbo!!
Wish you many happy miles with your Dzire. What are your findings when driving within the turbo-lag?

Drive Safe.
Old 21st April 2012, 22:52   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Slight difference wouldnt matter much. Dzire seating also will be higher, so ingress and egress would be much easier specially for the elders.
Rear seat should be comparable. Cars like Manza (Vista too) and Etios are significantly more spacious though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Congratulations Turbokick and superb review!

What is the price difference between the VDi and ZDi models?
Did you not consider going for the ZDi with additional features like better braking, alloys etc.

Enjoy your new car and drive safe.

Cheers
Thank you Cyborg.
Zdi was actually beyond the budget (it costs 80Ks more) and we already extended our range to the maximum possible limit. Suzuki should offer a sports variant inbetween with features like ABS,fatter tyres and alloys as extra features over V variant is what I feel

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
A very nicely written Swift Dzire review, in fact one of the best that I have read in recent times. You have covered all the aspects from all the angles. Congrats on your new acquisition.

Just to break the beige monotony, get black set covers. The car otherwise looks great inside out. I especially liked the front console and dashboard area.

Thankyou W.A.G. That compliment was special
Going by the extreme summer of Odisha, black isn't the best option to choose actually, even though it would compliment the interiors well.
So beige is what we opted for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rony180 View Post
A very detailed and honest review Turbokick. Really liked the way you pointed out the negative aspects as well as the good points of the car. Indeed the new DZire has a very small boot for a sedan and somehow falls in between 2 segments. Congratulations on your new buy. With Fiat's tried and tested 1.3L MJD engine and Maruti's super-reliable after sales service, you should be in for happy days.
Thank you rony180, and I am happy that you found the review as neutral.
The MJD and the Maruti's service actually were the strongest reason for choosing this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjot1912 View Post
Excellent review Turbo!!
Wish you many happy miles with your Dzire. What are your findings when driving within the turbo-lag?

Drive Safe.
Thank you Manjot.
My petrol kind of driving doesn't go well with the car actually
I am learning to drive around the lag. Your tips were useful as well.
Old 21st April 2012, 23:19   #19
BHPian

Liked your review 100%. You have reviewed it in a totally aam admi style rather than the enthusiast style. The new Dzire is one heck of a car, which mainly competes against premium hatchbacks and not sedans. I had downgraded from an OHC and was looking at the diesel hatchback segment and the closest to OHC I got was Swift and Dzire, I had to give up the former due to miniscule bootspace and pick up the latter. Please do update your thread on a regular basis.
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:29   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
That would be a "model" review for us to follow! Congrats on the purchase!

How would you compare the rear seat legroom of the new DZire in comparision to the Figo?
I rechecked the rear seat dimension of Figo, and i would like to re-correct myself by saying that Figo's headroom is slightly lesser than dzire's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
Liked your review 100%. You have reviewed it in a totally aam admi style rather than the enthusiast style. The new Dzire is one heck of a car, which mainly competes against premium hatchbacks and not sedans. I had downgraded from an OHC and was looking at the diesel hatchback segment and the closest to OHC I got was Swift and Dzire, I had to give up the former due to miniscule bootspace and pick up the latter. Please do update your thread on a regular basis.
Thankyou cruiser. I would rather say you 'upgraded' in terms of 'torque' and ingear acceleration
Just like you mentioned, dzire is the 'aam admi's' car and this is the reason for its popularity.
Old 23rd April 2012, 12:22   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick

I rechecked the rear seat dimension of Figo, and i would like to re-correct myself by saying that Figo's headroom is slightly lesser than dzire's.
Except for the price difference, Dzire scores as the better overall car for a family vis-a-vis Figo.
Old 24th April 2012, 09:33   #22
BANNED

Good choice of car Turbokick. Some points:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post

Yes, the engine doesn’t feel as free revving (for a diesel) as it was in the BS3 DDiS models. Anything over 3500rpm and the engine feels bit coarse , so its best to shift earlier and make use of available torque.
You will find the coarseness reducing and the power improving once the running-in is over and the engine becomes a bit more smooth.

Quote:
Throw uneven roads as is with typical India road conditions, the car lose some of its composure with speed.
You will find the stability also greatly enhanced if you switch to wider profile tyres - 185/70/14 - Michelin XM1+ or XM2 should do a great job

Quote:
One more glitch attached to the VDi variant of dzire is its average braking capability. They don't have that sharpness as is with the Z variants and the feel of it is quite spongy.
The sharpness that you feel in the ZDI is because of the lower profile and the wider tyres (185/65/15). Once you change to 185/70/14 you will find that the braking will be almost like the ZDI.

Happy Motoring!
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2012, 12:45   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
Good choice of car Turbokick. Some points:

You will find the coarseness reducing and the power improving once the running-in is over and the engine becomes a bit more smooth.

You will find the stability also greatly enhanced if you switch to wider profile tyres - 185/70/14 - Michelin XM1+ or XM2 should do a great job

The sharpness that you feel in the ZDI is because of the lower profile and the wider tyres (185/65/15). Once you change to 185/70/14 you will find that the braking will be almost like the ZDI.

Happy Motoring!
Thankyou VeyronSuperSprt for your valuable suggestion. Better rubber is the next big upgrade on cards and should improve the dynamics and braking considerably.
Old 24th April 2013, 19:32   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome review Turbokick. I was looking for an initial ownership review of the new Dzire diesel as one of my friend is looking to buy one. I bumped into your report. I must say its really detailed and a practical review. Thanks for sharing this with us. Wish you many more happy miles ahead.

Last edited by Samba : 24th April 2013 at 19:43.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 10:40   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Awesome review Turbokick. I was looking for an initial ownership review of the new Dzire diesel as one of my friend is looking to buy one. I bumped into your report. I must say its really detailed and a practical review. Thanks for sharing this with us. Wish you many more happy miles ahead.
Thanks a lot Samba.
We have very few dzire ownership threads in Tbhp w.r.t. the popularity of the vehicle. I will be glad if my writeup helps people in deciding over this car.

Interestingly dzire is one of those elite cars that is more popular outside the forum than it is in
Turbokick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 10:46   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Thanks a lot Samba.
We have very few dzire ownership threads in Tbhp w.r.t. the popularity of the vehicle. I will be glad if my writeup helps people in deciding over this car.

Interestingly dzire is one of those elite cars that is more popular outside the forum than it is in
Turbokick is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks