Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2012, 18:18   #1
Awaiting Email Confirmation

My Jaguar XF : The cats out of the bag and into the cradle

Hey guys after a long while away from Team BHP just wanted to keep you guys updated on whats new!

Here's my new cat! with a special plate!

Photoshoot pending.

Opted for the Portfolio edition, love the interior it is so far above anything else in this price range as to have no competition. The seats are super comfortable, cooled as well as heated, so no more sweaty back when driving in summer heat. I looked at BMW, Merc and Audi, they are all so common and derivative, what a bore to drive one. I like that Jaguar gives so many options in customizing the look: interior colors, choice of veneers, the whole experience is up market.

Herculean brakes, chunky steering wheel, comfortable seats, beautiful detailing inside and out (stitching on doors/dash, brushed metal galore, tiller's thumbwheels, supple leather, satin wood trim), Aston-like contours, large trunk, base model comes heavily equipped (the car is a relative bargain), voice controlled navigation/audio/phone work beautifully

Interior is such a nice place to spend time. We often take winding road trips to places just to enjoy the handling and the drive. The engine is brilliant. A real torque monster, tap the pedal and you are gone. Hardly needs to rev to feel the thrust. Exterior styling is just amazing. The XF never ceases to garner attention, this one is almost too much. Can't go out in public without having to answer questions. Funny part is everyone assumes its expensive. Exclusivity is a nice bonus. With BMW you can't tell a 5 from a 3.

The audio unit is one of the best in its class. The Bower and Wilkins surround sound system. At its core there are 17 speakers which (with the exception of the aluminium high-frequency tweeters) employ B&W's Kevlar composite speaker cones.

Each front door contains a 168 mm (6.6 in) woofer, a 100 mm (4 in) mid-range speaker and a 25 mm (1.0 in) dome tweeter (the latter two wired in parallel with a crossover), while each rear door houses a similar 168 mm (6.6 in) woofer and 25 mm (1.0 in) tweeter. As a centre speaker there is a 100 mm (4 in) full-range driver, similar to the two 100 mm (4 in) full-range 'surround' speakers located on the rear parcel shelf.
The B&W system has been reviewed by journalists at Autocar magazine, who proclaimed it the best in-car system they have ever heard.

All in all it is a dream to own and is probably one of the best choices I have ever made in terms of an automobile.

already done 1500 kms and feel like there's so much more fun to be had...

Here's a report after almost one year of owning the car...

The engine is super refined and with a daily drive of about 50 kms or so on average I can safely say this is one of the best cars in the class. With the style and the quality of the build it is way ahead of the competition in many ways.

My particular likes are rotating vents, amazing gearbox and that purr from the exhausts after 4500 rpm. The v8 is a beast of a machine. Not to mention the state of the art interior ambiance.

If there are points that I would not be happy with, it would definitely be the GPS. It has a great unit and perfect Map layouts unfortunately if you are moving you cannot access the GPS features unless you stop on the side. Pretty daft if you are travelling to a different city at 100 miles and hour and need urgent exits and the passenger can help.

During my services all has been taken care of with utmost precision. I have had a moment with slight shuddering with the brakes, upon inspection they changed all brakes and discs under warranty. Apparently the super summer can really get to them.

I have now driven the car for almost 35000kms and boy oh boy it gives me smiles. I have personally not had any other issues with the car. For a mere 225000 AED I think this is really the "IT" deal.

If you like winding roads and raw power that makes you feel like a race car driver this is one of the cars to own..

No squeals from the Dunlop sportmaxx 20 inches on high speeds.

The steering feel is direct, there's no sway or delay.

All in all this is officially one of my fav cars. And I am planning to upgrade this year end to a more faster XF with an R perhaps if things go as planned...
Attached Thumbnails
My Jaguar XF : The cats out of the bag and into the cradle-img2012041700361.jpg  

My Jaguar XF : The cats out of the bag and into the cradle-img2012041700359.jpg  

My Jaguar XF : The cats out of the bag and into the cradle-20120608-06.05.58.jpg  

My Jaguar XF : The cats out of the bag and into the cradle-20120607_215303.jpg  

My Jaguar XF : The cats out of the bag and into the cradle-20120613-02.47.47.jpg  

My Jaguar XF : The cats out of the bag and into the cradle-20120613-02.53.44.png  

My Jaguar XF : The cats out of the bag and into the cradle-20120613-02.52.48.jpg  

Last edited by nitroxx : 17th February 2013 at 21:53. Reason: review pending
nitroxx is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 22:07   #2
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Re: the cats outta the bag and into the cradle....

Here are a few more pics that we had taken at jabal hafeet
Attached Thumbnails
My Jaguar XF : The cats out of the bag and into the cradle-jabal1.jpg  

My Jaguar XF : The cats out of the bag and into the cradle-jabal-2.jpg  

My Jaguar XF : The cats out of the bag and into the cradle-jabal-3.jpg  

My Jaguar XF : The cats out of the bag and into the cradle-jabal-4.jpg  

Last edited by nitroxx : 17th February 2013 at 22:08.
nitroxx is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 14:35   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Jaguar XF : The cats out of the bag and into the cradle

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
Old 18th February 2013, 17:13   #4
BHPian

Many congratulations for your new cat. The V8 is one smooth monster. And as you rightly said, there is a certain exclusivity factor with the Jag that is just missing with the Mercs, Audis and BMWs. Wish you many, many more happy miles with it.
Old 3rd April 2013, 17:47   #5
BHPian

Congrats! The Jaguar is looking beautiful. Hope to see more photos soon.
Old 3rd April 2013, 21:47   #6

If looks could kill !!
Really the cat is looking stupefying !!

Some interior pictures would do more justice to the thread !!
Old 3rd April 2013, 22:12   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Nitroxx,

Finally we have the ownership review of your Jyyyaaaaaggg !!!

What are the engine specs(bhp, torque) & plz share the performance figures too.

In short, are you faster than the COPS
Old 4th April 2013, 17:05   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice review of the cat.

This is one of my most favorite sedans in the world and as few already said we in India are simply bored of looking at the same trio ( Merc, BMW and Audi) all over the place.

Jag definetly adds a freshness to the Indian roads which is most needed to our automobile scenary

I have ridden in almost all the Jags and most memorable was one in Paris driven by a mad german in an XF-R. A simple throttle was enough and as a passenger i was thrown back in my seat and not to mention the growl from that sweet engine. Bliss

Dubai is a great place to drive such a car. Enjoy and Drive Safe !!!
Old 4th April 2013, 20:48   #9
BHPian

Belated congrats for a late review
The cat is an awsome machine to own. I was not reading reviews or hecking the specs of Jag until i went to a showroon to see the cat in flesh. The attitude and knowledge of sales exec was enough to impress me.We can feel how carefully the manchine is built. Jags are one emoung classic luxuries and be proud to own one. and wishing you lot of happy miles.

Most Viewed