Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2012, 15:53   #16
BHPian

Re: JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP fami

Here are pictures as promised, hope you like them.
Attached Thumbnails
JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP family-img_3875.jpg  

JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP family-img_3878.jpg  

JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP family-img_3879.jpg  

JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP family-img_3880.jpg  

JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP family-img_3881.jpg  

JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP family-img_3882.jpg  

JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP family-img_3883.jpg  

JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP family-img_3884.jpg  

JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP family-img_3885.jpg  

JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP family-img_3886.jpg  

JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP family-img_3887.jpg  

JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP family-img_3888.jpg  

JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP family-img_3889.jpg  

JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP family-img_3890.jpg  

JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP family-img_3891.jpg  

JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP family-img_3892.jpg  

JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP family-img_3893.jpg  

JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP family-img_3897.jpg  

JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP family-img_3895.jpg  

JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP family-img_3896.jpg  

JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP family-img_3898.jpg  

rishi_kapoor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 16:56   #17
BHPian

Re: JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP fami

Thanks for sharing the images, they are beautiful. The exterior and interior colour combination complements each other nicely. Wish you a joyful ownership up ahead. And yes do keep updating the thread with more details of the ultimate driving machine.
Old 23rd April 2012, 17:57   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookkeeper View Post
Thanks for sharing the images, they are beautiful. The exterior and interior colour combination complements each other nicely. Wish you a joyful ownership up ahead. And yes do keep updating the thread with more details of the ultimate driving machine.
Thanks, I am glad you liked them. I shall keep group posted on long term ownership.
Old 30th April 2012, 14:34   #19
BHPian

Awesome snaps.
The interiors especially the seat leather is quite tastefully done. OEM job?
The joy of driving a simple RWD is unmatched. Many congrats again.
Old 30th April 2012, 16:43   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Thanks, I am glad you liked them. I shall keep group posted on long term ownership.
Rishi, finally got down to the writing! I still haven't been on it. Guess was waiting for a moment of inspiration - you provided it!

Will keep you posted on my version of the write-up / pics!

Cheers and happy driving
Old 1st May 2012, 19:02   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elantracrdi05

Rishi, finally got down to the writing! I still haven't been on it. Guess was waiting for a moment of inspiration - you provided it!

Will keep you posted on my version of the write-up / pics!

Cheers and happy driving
All the best. Looking forward to your blog.

I had some challenges with dealer, will update group shortly.
Old 5th June 2012, 21:12   #22
BHPian

Here is a quick update at 2000 KMs. Car is absolutely a joy to drive. FE is 14-15.

Big news is now it has BMW Navigation installed, Now the car feels complete otherwise I-drive looked wasted. Pretty accurate Nav and the UI is class apart! Cant wait for my Outlander to complete 4 years so that I may pick a X5 or X6
Old 5th June 2012, 23:54   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Audi A4 2.0 TDI:
Easy to add navigation at reasonable price, possible to browse Internet using 3G phone, complete integration with iPhone.
Hey Rishi, congratulations on your new car Wish you many many happy and safe miles ahead.

One question i have with what you mentioned about the A4 is, how did you browse the internet in the A4 using 3G? Also you mentioned navigation can be added at a reasonable price and it completely integrates with Iphone? Is that using the cable which we can purchase from Audi or you're talkiing about something else?

Cheers!
Old 6th June 2012, 01:19   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Here is a quick update at 2000 KMs. Car is absolutely a joy to drive. FE is 14-15.

Big news is now it has BMW Navigation installed, Now the car feels complete otherwise I-drive looked wasted. Pretty accurate Nav and the UI is class apart! Cant wait for my Outlander to complete 4 years so that I may pick a X5 or X6
How much did you end up paying for it totally?

Also what mode is the I drive in, in the above pics? Playing from USB?
Old 6th June 2012, 02:38   #25
BHPian

Congrats on the Bimmer Rishi! Surprised you had a bad experience with T&T, have got lots of cars from them - not one bad experience - which branch was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
What is it with this particular dealer of Mercedes-Benz? I have heard and read of so many unsatisfactory experiences with them. How is Mercedes-Benz tolerating?
Again, my reply above - do read my review which mentioned my dealership experience as well - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2799633
Old 6th June 2012, 08:54   #26
BHPian

JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP family-image1935216200.jpg

Here is a picture of navigation. Absolutely top notch navigation as compared to various others that I have used in last couple of years.

Since kids have summer vacation, I am using bimmer for couple of weeks
Old 6th June 2012, 09:03   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234

How much did you end up paying for it totally?

Also what mode is the I drive in, in the above pics? Playing from USB?
@Akshay1234, the cost of enabling navigation is 1 Lac plus labour and taxes. Yes, in picture above the song is played from USB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30
Congrats on the Bimmer Rishi! Surprised you had a bad experience with T&T, have got lots of cars from them - not one bad experience - which branch was it?

Again, my reply above - do read my review which mentioned my dealership experience as well - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2799633
T&T motors were outright pathetic, I was interacting with their "senior sales team" at Connaught place. This was in spite of the fact that a colleague's family (who is also part of my management team) owns T&T motors. Unfortunate experience but I am a happy BMW customer thanks to them.
rishi_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 09:26   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian
Awesome snaps.
The interiors especially the seat leather is quite tastefully done. OEM job?
The joy of driving a simple RWD is unmatched. Many congrats again.
Apologise Utopian, I missed your post earlier. Yes, the interior is OEM, it is available as an option while purchasing the car. RWD is really a delight to drive with 180 odd BHP at your disposal.
Old 6th June 2012, 09:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 937223

Here is a picture of navigation. Absolutely top notch navigation as compared to various others that I have used in last couple of years.

Since kids have summer vacation, I am using bimmer for couple of weeks
First Congrats on gifting the beemer to your wife, I am sure she is loving it though your post earlier infered that she was more inclined towards the Star marque.

When you say the navigation is top notch, is it just the intutiveness of the UI or does it show all the small roads & gullies that some of the Nav sets miss out. Also, are you entitled to updates at regular intervals?
Old 6th June 2012, 09:46   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981

Hey Rishi, congratulations on your new car Wish you many many happy and safe miles ahead.

One question i have with what you mentioned about the A4 is, how did you browse the internet in the A4 using 3G? Also you mentioned navigation can be added at a reasonable price and it completely integrates with Iphone? Is that using the cable which we can purchase from Audi or you're talkiing about something else?

Cheers!
Thanks Karan. A4 has an option to add navigation black box from Mapmyindia or SatNav , this does not void warranty.

The new MMI has Internet browsing feature (though limited) using tethering over Bluetooth from a 3G enabled iPhone or Android.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick

First Congrats on gifting the beemer to your wife, I am sure she is loving it though your post earlier infered that she was more inclined towards the Star marque.

When you say the navigation is top notch, is it just the intutiveness of the UI or does it show all the small roads & gullies that some of the Nav sets miss out. Also, are you entitled to updates at regular intervals?
Thanks Motomaverick. Yes she is a convert from tristar now and enjoying her bimmer. C was much less specked than 320d and to top it the sales attitude was bad.

I have used 545i and 750li in US and have always admired BMW navigation. In Indian version too, the quality is not compromised. The map content is premium, routing is perfect and accuracy is unmatched.

It is indeed pricy but I feel navigation experience makes up for it. Yes it has small diversions and roads mapped. BMW releases map update every year worldwide at a price so I am assuming India will be no different. Will keep everyone posted when a new release is available from BMW.

I use Mapmyindia maps on my Outlander (in built Mitsubishi multimedia system) and Cedia but on same routes the accuracy and routing is much inferior to BMW navigation. Searching POI and addresses with I-Drive is also a breeze as compared to touch screen interface of Outlander/Cedia.

I will compare Navteq and SatNav maps on Garmin shortly with BMW and post comparison soon.

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th June 2012 at 11:39. Reason: Please read rule 5b. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks