Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2012, 19:04   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12

Don't know about the taxes out there in HYD but seems quite high for the CE. Anything around 23-24 should be the right price if you are planning to pick up the car on 'Temp' number.
I am perplexed, what is this type of purchase, temp regn means it is a second registration, right ?
Old 3rd September 2012, 20:56   #47
BHPian

Re: JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP fami

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand View Post
I am perplexed, what is this type of purchase, temp regn means it is a second registration, right ?
Unlike other states, all vehicles in Andhra are delivered with Temp Registration which is valid for 30 days. The owner has to take the vehicle to RTA and get a permanent registration number in that 30 days.

AP Govt. trick to make some additional revenue

Cheers,
Ardy
Old 3rd September 2012, 20:59   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy

Unlike other states, all vehicles in Andhra are delivered with Temp Registration which is valid for 30 days. The owner has to take the vehicle to RTA and get a permanent registration number in that 30 days.

AP Govt. trick to make some additional revenue

Cheers,
Ardy
I got that part, but the same rules exists everywhere, at least in Haryana you can get the vehicle delivered with temp regn and the actual regn no comes after quite few days, what is different in AP.
Old 7th September 2012, 12:29   #49
BHPian

Re: JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP fami

Absolutely, a temp registration is not allotted unless someone buys a car and tax is paid at the e-seva centre (AP govt centre for bill paying) on his name.

It is 100% pre-owned but maybe new and not driven at all.

Please cross-check what you are buying. In my sincere opinion, a brand new car with a temp regn is either..
1. a pre-owned car, or
2. some dealership mishap on a deal and trying to sell it on a new image now!

Buy carefully.

pEaCe

Last edited by AirbusA340 : 7th September 2012 at 12:36.
Old 8th September 2012, 17:14   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusA340
Absolutely, a temp registration is not allotted unless someone buys a car and tax is paid at the e-seva centre (AP govt centre for bill paying) on his name.

It is 100% pre-owned but maybe new and not driven at all.

Please cross-check what you are buying. In my sincere opinion, a brand new car with a temp regn is either..
1. a pre-owned car, or
2. some dealership mishap on a deal and trying to sell it on a new image now!

Buy carefully.

pEaCe
Well, even in temp regn the name of the buyer and seller is mentioned and I saw it clearly on the papers (i have those with me even now) provided to me for 20 days I drove the vehicle without the final registration papers were done. The reason why the buyers name is not mentioned is due to the fact that the temp no can only be with one vehicle at any given point of time.

But I still don't understand what is the point of calling that a pre-owned vehicle, it looks all new and still why would someone buy that, needs to ask the definite question as to why the dealer is selling it so cheap when the vehicle is as good as new, there got to be a suspicious look on the buyers face.

Last edited by rajeshchand : 8th September 2012 at 17:18.
Old 8th September 2012, 19:59   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Well, even in temp regn the name of the buyer and seller is mentioned and I saw it clearly on the papers (i have those with me even now) provided to me for 20 days I drove the vehicle without the final registration papers were done. The reason why the buyers name is not mentioned is due to the fact that the temp no can only be with one vehicle at any given point of time.

But I still don't understand what is the point of calling that a pre-owned vehicle, it looks all new and still why would someone buy that, needs to ask the definite question as to why the dealer is selling it so cheap when the vehicle is as good as new, there got to be a suspicious look on the buyers face.
You have a point from one angle but unfortunately even if the car has not rolled out of the dealership, someone who is being offered that vehicle would certainly smile wickedly from the inside and smartly put up a grin face on the outside trying to force the showroom guys to lower the price as much as he can.

True...why are they selling it when it is so mint? I have even seen a 3 ready for delivery in a couple of days covered up in 3M sheet at the dealership. I opened it and one of the door handles is missing. It, supposedly, is in for paint due damage. So, you see! Sometimes we will never know what our brand new car has been through.

Anyways, 'manne' all the best. Keep us posted on your buy.

pEaCe

Last edited by AirbusA340 : 8th September 2012 at 20:03.
Old 9th September 2012, 14:05   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusA340 View Post

True...why are they selling it when it is so mint? I have even seen a 3 ready for delivery in a couple of days covered up in 3M sheet at the dealership. I opened it and one of the door handles is missing. It, supposedly, is in for paint due damage. So, you see!
Even if your brand new vehicle has gone through a body work or paint job u can hardly find it out before the delivery, as long as the vehicle has not been purposely abused it should be fine, after all these are getting transported along the length and breadth of Indian highways.
Old 9th September 2012, 14:33   #53
BHPian

Quote:

What is the Odometer on the car showing. Few months back I was looking at an unregistered 330i with Bavaria motors pune that had 7000 + kms on the Odometer. The vehicle as per manufacturing date was almost 11 months old. I was told this was a press display vehicle so stayed away from it as was advised on our forum to wary of abuse due to test report drives. The car then had an asking price of 31 lakhs and BMW had already stopped 330i production.
Old 9th September 2012, 15:36   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Even if your brand new vehicle has gone through a body work or paint job u can hardly find it out before the delivery, as long as the vehicle has not been purposely abused it should be fine, after all these are getting transported along the length and breadth of Indian highways.

For the money I'm paying and the brand image, it is abuse enough prior to delivery. I dont care how they are transporting. For e.g., there are guys at Kun, Hyderabad who are careful enough to make sure that no one even leans against the vehicle to not cause swirls or scratches from belts, fine accessories on clothing etc., In contrast, we had to educate a couple of them too.

All in all, abuse - small or big, intentional or unintentional, it's not my cup of tea before delivery for the figure written on the cheque! Buying it second hand or for considerably less is an individual case. It's your damn choice. Happy shopping..

pEaCe
Old 10th September 2012, 22:55   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusA340

For the money I'm paying and the brand image, it is abuse enough prior to delivery. I dont care how they are transporting. For e.g., there are guys at Kun, Hyderabad who are careful enough to make sure that no one even leans against the vehicle to not cause swirls or scratches from belts, fine accessories on clothing etc., In contrast, we had to educate a couple of them too.

All in all, abuse - small or big, intentional or unintentional, it's not my cup of tea before delivery for the figure written on the cheque! Buying it second hand or for considerably less is an individual case. It's your damn choice. Happy shopping..

pEaCe
Educate me as to how u do the check, u talk to the company transporter or do u do the transit insurance (from manufacturer to showroom) of the vehicle yourself. What about manufacturing defects, i believe the warranties are given for a reason.

Secondly, please dont get excited when there is a discussion, neither the question asked here was by me, i was just participating in the discussion, i do my shopping with reasonable checks (not unreasonable).

Plus, we are completely off topic here.

Last edited by rajeshchand : 10th September 2012 at 23:06.
Old 11th September 2012, 01:03   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Educate me as to how u do the check, u talk to the company transporter or do u do the transit insurance (from manufacturer to showroom) of the vehicle yourself. What about manufacturing defects, i believe the warranties are given for a reason.

Secondly, please dont get excited when there is a discussion, neither the question asked here was by me, i was just participating in the discussion, i do my shopping with reasonable checks (not unreasonable).

Plus, we are completely off topic here.
Buddy! I'm really sorry if my post ticked you off a bit. I gave a general reply and did not specifically aim at you. Im choosing my words very carefully now so this thing doesnt go out of hand.

Good or bad, its my opinion on how I check surfaces and conditions before buying MY car. With my ownership experience over 6 years and 3 bimmers, i have my own personal rappo with the dealership guys and i duly satisfy myself before taking delivery. Reasonable and unreasonable again is a personal thing. Again, its my opinion ONLY just like you have yours. And you are right, we are off the topic.

Secondly, I used the 'damn' word earlier. I don't think you are happy with that. That's ok. But kindly note that its a part of the post and again not aimed at you specifically. I'm sincerely sorry once again if it left you in bad taste.

Lastly & simply, if it had a temp regn and being sold, it is sort-of-pre-owned for me for a 100 reasons. Maybe its different for you. But we are all different and cars are the only thing that's keeping us here on Team BHP.

Anyways, I hope I cleared the odd frequency out and no offence!

happy shopping (not aimed, just a greet!)

pEaCe
Old 11th September 2012, 19:58   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Zappa View Post
What is the Odometer on the car showing. Few months back I was looking at an unregistered 330i with Bavaria motors pune that had 7000 + kms on the Odometer. The vehicle as per manufacturing date was almost 11 months old. I was told this was a press display vehicle so stayed away from it as was advised on our forum to wary of abuse due to test report drives. The car then had an asking price of 31 lakhs and BMW had already stopped 330i production.
Dear, i am not the affected party here, the question was asked by someone else and the discussion went way off-track.

Quote:
Lastly & simply, if it had a temp regn and being sold, it is sort-of-pre-owned for me for a 100 reasons. Maybe its different for you. But we are all different and cars are the only thing that's keeping us here on Team BHP.

Anyways, I hope I cleared the odd frequency out and no offence!

happy shopping (not aimed, just a greet!)

pEaCe
No worries on the language.

Regarding temp regn the rules changes from state to state, that is what i was initially trying to clear out, i am aware of the state of the vehicle after temp regn. In Maharashtra one cannot drive out a vehicle without a registration number (permanent), so the temp regn is not applicable here, there are different rules everywhere. My question initially on this thread was to clear out the doubts on the same, well it went way off-track.

I have ownership experience of 3 different brands of vehicle myself during last 13 years, including a Bimmer. I have seen varied styles of selling and maintaining brand image by various companies. If you ever get the time and opportunity do visit the place where the vehicles are offloaded from the transport, you will be surprised (including bimmer), since you said you have good rapport with your dealer in Hyderabad, do make a visit or ask them to show the place so that you can give a surprise visit later on, if you see the conditions of those vehicles, i must say with a heavy heart it is no-where close to what the dealers project, it is just that they get the vehicle back to factory condition before delivery and that is what we look for, "this was my point". If you ever come to Delhi, i can let you have the address of the area here and take a look for yourself.

Anyways, no heart burns.

On another point that was discussed earlier, i checked up from the RTO circle within Delhi / Haryana and they have clarified that temp regn is allotted to one particular eng no / chassis no only once and that eng no / chassis no will not be able to have another temp regn no as long as that is within the same state (lack of interstate data connectivity / sharing), this means that the dealer will have to sell the "pre-owned vehicle" at another state and not within the state, now again this too varies from state to state depending upon the local rules and regulations.

Last edited by rajeshchand : 11th September 2012 at 20:08.
Old 11th September 2012, 20:45   #58
BHPian

Quote:
I have ownership experience of 3 different brands of vehicle myself during last 13 years, including a Bimmer. I have seen varied styles of selling and maintaining brand image by various companies. If you ever get the time and opportunity do visit the place where the vehicles are offloaded from the transport, you will be surprised (including bimmer), since you said you have good rapport with your dealer in Hyderabad, do make a visit or ask them to show the place so that you can give a surprise visit later on, if you see the conditions of those vehicles, i must say with a heavy heart it is no-where close to what the dealers project, it is just that they get the vehicle back to factory condition before delivery and that is what we look for, "this was my point". If you ever come to Delhi, i can let you have the address of the area here and take a look for yourself.
Thanks for the invite. I've seen it myself and unfortunately all I saw there was a little dust. I'm more than happy with how they have been stored. It's pretty decent here especially since Kun has built their new storage hangar a little far outside the city. My 20d and E60 arrived quite clean and I was there both times during offloading. Of course, the 20d wheel wells had some muck inside but that was it. The E was really clean man. I spent almost an hour each time since i had to give them a thumbs up or a down the next morning. Luckily the E60 arrived during the day but the 20d came around 2100hrs. But with the earlier dealer in hyderabad, one of the cars I bought arrived very very dirty but was only dirty. I may not be lucky next time but I don't think that far ahead.

Thanks for the intel anyways buddy!

Happy cornering

pEaCe

Last edited by AirbusA340 : 11th September 2012 at 21:14.
Old 11th September 2012, 21:34   #59
BHPian

Quote:
It's pretty decent here especially since Kun has built their new storage hangar a little far outside the city.
You are really lucky to have found a great dealer, the case is not similar everywhere, may be Hyderabad has one of the oldest dealerships and they still believe in retaining the premier ownership experience.
Old 11th September 2012, 21:57   #60
BHPian

Quote:
You are really lucky to have found a great dealer, the case is not similar everywhere, may be Hyderabad has one of the oldest dealerships and they still believe in retaining the premier ownership experience.
1. True. They hear our cribs well and really help with things like goodwill, etc., They only started at the end of 2009. That's a little under 3. The earlier dealership was there for 2 years after which it perished.

Either way, we may not be lucky always & I've copied your words for a possible surprise lol.

2. And with regards to the condition and actual status of the temp regn 320d, I guess only the original 'question-putter' can shed some light but ironically he's not to be seen. He could be busy

pEaCe

Last edited by AirbusA340 : 11th September 2012 at 22:00.

Most Viewed