Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2012, 08:56   #31
BHPian

Re: I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Do you face any pickup problems given the size of the vehicle and the relatively small engine?
I did not face any problems while starting from standstill with AC on. In fact, it has encouraged me to switch on the AC immediately after cranking up the engine. Nevertheless it is worth mentioning that I am a sedate driver and don't participate in drag races :-). The real test will be to drive among the hills with full load. I will update on its performance as it is revealed to me. For now it appears to be adequately powered for highway/ city use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
The car looks spacious, not in the league of Innova or the Xylo but somewhere close. Did you had a chance to compare the space with Innova/Xylo?
Both are more spacious than Ertiga. After all, both are longer, wider and taller than Ertiga. What Ertiga does is, that it offers good enough space for moderate statures (that may include 2 6 footers persons too).

I find Xylo lacking on following:
  • Poor luggage space. Rear bench is not of split type (similar to Ertiga). On top of that it has quite high C.G. so mounting luggage on roof is a task and also compromises handling in a big way.
  • Poor rear visibility (last bench covers up almost half of rear wind screen).
  • As compared to Ertiga, XYLO appears crudely designed (no offence to anyone please).
  • No petrol variant.

Innova
It has one big advantage. i.e. Providing some usable luggage space while allowing 8 to sit comfortably.

Disadvantages
  • Quite long.
  • Taxi image.
  • Diesel powered (I have problem with Diesels. They induce vomiting.)
  • Does not look good from outside.
Old 22nd April 2012, 10:34   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ The Ertiga has brought in a mix of everything - space,finesse,reliability without pinching the purse.

The only issue in the Xylo is that quality is quality of fit and finish . One look at the interior plastics is enough.

Innova has been the class leader in the people mover segment ; I believe that the Ertiga diesel has the potential to topple Innova in the cab segment.
Old 22nd April 2012, 11:39   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Innova
It has one big advantage. i.e. Providing some usable luggage space while allowing 8 to sit comfortably.

Disadvantages
  • Quite long.
  • Taxi image.
  • Diesel powered (I have problem with Diesels. They induce vomiting.)
  • Does not look good from outside.
I thought that Innova came in both Petrol and Diesel variants. And that's what their webpage says - Toyota - Innova Specification

Or have Toyota stopped selling the Petrol one?
Old 22nd April 2012, 12:23   #34

Congrats Ajay! Had seen the Ertiga at the Auto show, however did not get a chance to see the interiors from up close. Your photographs did the job for me. It's a neat package and should become popular with the "janta" in no time.

Enjoy your drive.
Parry1410 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 12:39   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I thought that Innova came in both Petrol and Diesel variants. And that's what their webpage says - Toyota - Innova Specification

Or have Toyota stopped selling the Petrol one?
That petrol version is fuel guzzler and on top of it does not cost any less w.r.t. Diesel sibling. It would be equivalent to maintaining two Ertigas.
Old 22nd April 2012, 12:43   #36
Senior - BHPian

Many many congratulations and wishes on the new car! I am sure she is going to end up being an excellent seller for Maruti and is a value for money purchase. I am sure you will find roof rails available as accessories pretty soon for this car.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 13:27   #37
BHPian

Congrats on the new acquisition Ajay! Good review.
Having a ET copy on boot photos give a neat estimate of size!

Am sure this is would be a volume turner for Maruti. (The only issue could be, just could be, is that this could become a taxi for the VFM it shows).
babu.sundaram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 17:02   #38
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Ajay - Thanks for the wonderful review. I guess your review was posted even before the official TBHP review of the car !

Very informative with thoughtful pictures. Drive Safe and have miles of great drives with your Ertiga.

What is the total length of the vehicle ? Since it's built on the same Swift/Dzire platform I'm trying to get an idea how much longer the car is as compared to my 2009 Dzire (not the new compact version).
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 17:16   #39
BHPian

Congrats on your new LUV.. wishing you many miles of safe & pleasant motoring. 1st Ertiga on T-BHP.
gitartha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 17:59   #40
BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride. Good choice of car. As you rightly said it does look like different cars from different angles. How does the suspension and cornering feel when its driven with only one or two persons? Finally what is the FE you are getting from this beauty?
FasterPhene is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 18:06   #41
BHPian

Congrats!

I guess this is the first Ertiga review here in T-BHP. The vehicle looks awesome and from your Photos, the middle and rear seat leg rooms seems not no bad though the third row looks a bit crampy.
joe1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 18:28   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSlick View Post
Can you please share some more pics of the instrument console?
Instrument Console
I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI-inst-console.jpg

Night View
I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI-night-view.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Hi Ajay,
Could you do a favour and add a few snaps which show the handbrake/ gear lever console and also of the speaker/ tweeter mounts (i assume they are on the dash).
handbrake/ gear lever console
I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI-gear-conslole.jpg

tweeter mounts
I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI-tweeters.jpg

speaker mounts (Bottom LHS of front & middle doors)

Front

Middle

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
One request - Can you post a snap of the boot space available with the last row not being folded?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
ajay,
what all do you think can be stored in that compartment below the boot plank?will it take small travel bags(say 3ft long by 2ft wide by 2 ft deep)

maybe you could post a pic of the whole space so that members can get some ideas.
Rear seat unfolded
I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI-undergrnd-store.jpg

Rear seat folded
I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI-rear-seat-fold.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
What is the total length of the vehicle ? Since it's built on the same Swift/Dzire platform I'm trying to get an idea how much longer the car is as compared to my 2009 Dzire (not the new compact version).
Ertiga - 4265mm
2009 Swift Dezire - 4160mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterPhene View Post
How does the suspension and cornering feel when its driven with only one or two persons? Finally what is the FE you are getting from this beauty?
I am a sedate driver. GTO will be able to comment on the same:-). Nevertheless I haven't felt it being anything more than a overgrown hatch.
FE (city driving) - Around 13Km/l

Just for the sake of it I am posting image of Spare Tyre mounting. It is lowered by unscrewing a concealed nut on the luggage compartment lip.
I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI-spare-wheel.jpg
ajay0612 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 20:31   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post

handbrake/ gear lever console

tweeter mounts
Thanks a ton Ajay for indulging me!

My reasons for the request was to understand the possibility of adding a handrest and also to understand the speaker positions (again to explore a possible upgrade). Your thoughts on the same lines would be much appreciated, especially the sound quality of the stock audio system.

Once again thank you for sharing the infos.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 20:50   #44
BHPian

Congrats on your new acquisition! Must feel really good to own one of the first Ertiga's in the country.

Had a laugh with the series of pics about the Ertiga's looks on the first page.
I really hope the Ertiga doesn't turn into a value-taxi-badge like the Dzire did.
superutp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 20:51   #45
BHPian

@Ajay

One more question - How do you find the music system? Please let know the effects on CD, USB and Aux-in separately if you have tried them.

Most Viewed