Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2012, 21:12   #46
BHPian

Re: I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI

Is it possible to get the third row seats converted to split seats or get some after market seats. Third row split seats would make this a convenient vehicle for us.
Old 22nd April 2012, 21:41   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
My reasons for the request was to understand the possibility of adding a handrest and also to understand the speaker positions (again to explore a possible upgrade). Your thoughts on the same lines would be much appreciated, especially the sound quality of the stock audio system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
How do you find the music system? Please let know the effects on CD, USB and Aux-in separately if you have tried them.
I like Hindi film music which does not require blasting at full volume :-). Nevertheless, I found the music system good enough (Till now I have used only USB port to play the music. I will update as and when I try other modes.)
As regarding mod job arm-rest, I don't have any idea. Prima-facie, hand-brake lever might foul against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
I really hope the Ertiga doesn't turn into a value-taxi-badge like the Dzire did.
To avoid that, Maruti has over-priced the diesel variant so that Tour operator might find Xylo, etc more VFM. But the (good) fuel economy might play the spoilsport :-l.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Must feel really good to own one of the first Ertiga's in the country.
I did not know it would arouse so much interest. Wherever I park it, people gather around it like they are trying to find the tail of the elephant :-). Some even called their friend/ relatives to have a look, when I went to a car accessories shop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
Is it possible to get the third row seats converted to split seats or get some after market seats. Third row split seats would make this a convenient vehicle for us.
No idea. However I would not even try to do so during the warranty period unless Maruti itself offers a mod job. It would have been perfect vehicle with split-3rd row.

Last edited by ajay0612 : 22nd April 2012 at 21:51.
ajay0612 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 22:21   #48
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on owning the first Ertiga on the forum. Great crisp review with pictures. Do update on how you feel the pickup on the hills. Also your comment about the air con has put to rest any doubts I had on the cooling efficiency due to the large glass area.

Your photographs make it quite clear that people with average build would find the car quite comfortable even with all the rows occupied. Option to slide the second row in the event of a vacant third row and thus liberating more leg room is I guess the proverbial 'Sone Pe suhaaga' for an average Indian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
To avoid that, Maruti has over-priced the diesel variant so that Tour operator might find Xylo, etc more VFM. But the (good) fuel economy might play the spoilsport :-l.
I also agree with that. To the average taxi owner, Xylo would still look to be a better proposition due to the greater space it provides. On road manner and drive-ability would nt rank too high on their list I suppose. But we may see some intracity taxi operators using Ertiga in their fleet.

Last edited by vibbs : 22nd April 2012 at 22:22. Reason: Typo
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 22:39   #49
AWD
BHPian

Many congrats Ajay. You've bought a wonderful car & the most sought after one at the moment.Period. The car shall serve you very well & meet expectations.

I would choose this car over Dzire, i20 at most times & over Xylo, Bolero always. While if there's an itch to spend some more, I may focus on the Innova but I would like Toyota to offer ABS & Tachometer on base G model. Hope with the advent of Ertiga & increased interest of consumers in the vehicle, the likes of Innova are pushed to equip with more features & the likes of Xylo, Bolero lay more stress on passenger safety.

During the two test-drives I had of Ertiga, it came good on most counts except that the A.C. left a lot to be desired. The cabin just did not cool up & I felt the heat all through. It would be great if you could try out the A.C. in hot summer conditions. I wanted to confirm that its only me or others too find the same issue. Actually the S.E.'s confessed that the demo vehicles had something wrong/problem with the A.C/cooling & also that other customers who drove the vehicles also complained of cooling issues. So this can't be just one off issue, there's certainly more to it!

Hope some review covers this aspect too...
AWD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 01:20   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the first Ertiga on the forum! Am sure this car will serve you for years to come. Guess the package is quite good, seeing it's booking numbers! Wish you miles of happy & safe motoring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
...It would be equivalent to maintaining two Ertigas.
If you are talking about "service costs", please wait till you see Ertiga service bills!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 09:46   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Many congrats Ajay. You've bought a wonderful car & the most sought after one at the moment.Period. The car shall serve you very well & meet expectations.

I would choose this car over Dzire, i20 at most times & over Xylo, Bolero always. While if there's an itch to spend some more, I may focus on the Innova but I would like Toyota to offer ABS & Tachometer on base G model.
Innova base model is E,Middle is G and Top is V.G model has Tachometer,though not ABS.

@Ajay:Congrats for owning Ertiga.

Ertiga is wonderful product due to following reasons:
  1. Both Petrol and Diesel variants available with absolutely VFM and proven engines.I am not sure whether underpowered but Maruti engineers may have taken care of these factors I feel.Obviously,what we sentiments we feel,they will also think of it as 'Automobile' engineers after so many wonderful products like Swift,Ritz,ec.
  2. Those who do not want to invest too much in Innova like vehicle,the new segment which Ertiga offers has tremendous potential in India.
  3. I believe 'Family of 4+/-3' may prefer Ertiga over Sedans or Jazz/i20 like vehicle due to flexible combination of 5 or 7 for short trips.
  4. Innova and Xylo comparison may not be good with Ertiga as these are different segments altogether.Only comparing 'seating capacity' is not the right criterion because Ertiga is smaller compared to these vehicles.
  5. If I would not have Innova in my garage,I would have preferred Ertiga definitely due to price and mileage factor.(I am in no mood to sell my Innova for next 8-10 years atleast! )
Overall Ertiga is a decent product with Maruti service backup.I am sure being 'National Engine' in diesel and K series,maintence costs will be within limits.Rest other movable/immovable parts in Maruti are affordable most of the times.Surely,Maruti has hit the right spot again !

Last edited by siddharthp : 23rd April 2012 at 10:03. Reason: Addition to my post
siddharthp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 09:48   #52
BHPian

Quote:
During the two test-drives I had of Ertiga, it came good on most counts except that the A.C. left a lot to be desired. The cabin just did not cool up & I felt the heat all through. It would be great if you could try out the A.C. in hot summer conditions. I wanted to confirm that its only me or others too find the same issue. Actually the S.E.'s confessed that the demo vehicles had something wrong/problem with the A.C/cooling & also that other customers who drove the vehicles also complained of cooling issues. So this can't be just one off issue, there's certainly more to it!
AC on/ off does not affect driveability much, so I guess AC compressor is not drawing too much power, which is good, keeping in mind small capacity engines. Nevertheless I have found AC adequate while cruising. However on running into stop/ go traffic immediately after started off, it does struggle to maintain cool. That is it.
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:06   #53
Senior - BHPian

Hey, hey, congrats on the Ertiga! Good that you decided to think a bit different and go with it, it seems to suit your needs almost perfectly (boot space might be an issue, like you pointed out!)

But congrats on the first Ertiga on the forum. That's quite a distinction!
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:10   #54
BHPian

Congrats for the new purchase. The car looks totally awesome.
May you have many many mile of sheer happiness.

In the pictures I saw the rubber mats, are they after market or MS has provided them with Zxi? How much did they cost you?
ankurvirmani19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:30   #55
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthp View Post
Innova base model is E,Middle is G and Top is V.G model has Tachometer,though not ABS.
No Innova G model which retails for ~10L ex-showroom does not have Tachometer. While all the models of diesel Ertiga have one & guess ABS is also standard on all the diesel variants of Ertiga.

@Ajay, I know the A.C. does not affect drivability much but was concerned about the cooling of the A.C. Anyway thanks.
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:45   #56
BHPian

Excellent report and I loved the way you explained about the car's practicality using the images.
Interiors looks great and Maruti did differentiate a bit from the dzire and swift even if lots parts are shared.
Maruti's new champion.
Turbokick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:45   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
& guess ABS is also standard on all the diesel variants of Ertiga.
Yes, ABS is standard on all diesel variants which is a very good initiative by MSIL towards safety.
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:56   #58
BHPian

My hearty congratulations on being one of the early owners of an Ertiga.

And thanks for bringing out, one of the first initial ownership reports. Great! Detailed with pictures, some time spent!!!

As time passes, do let us know:
- how it fares in city traffic,
- what is the comfort level in the last seat while traveling (bounce, comfort, headroom etc) with 2 seated, and
- what kind of mileage it returns

Happy R3ing!!!

Thanks,
C_

Last edited by Coolman : 23rd April 2012 at 11:00. Reason: Formatting changes
Coolman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 11:01   #59
BHPian

Congratulations Ajay, looks like the car is packed with some useful features and ample space

Personally I'm not a big fan of Muv/suv/xuv, however this one seems real vfm and tempting too.

Wish you many happy miles ahead.
Karan1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 11:07   #60
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Congrats ajay0612 for owning the First Ertiga ZXi on the forum.

Thank you very much for the very well written and detailed Initial ownership report.

My requirements are very similar to yours (except that i own a 11 year old Santro). I had a look at the car last weekend but did not find it big. Your picture showing the "Old vs New" shows the size of the car.

I was eagerly waiting for the T-BHP report, before i take the decision. Your report suggests car seems to have everything that i am looking for and hope to take a decision soon.

Please update your report regularly as it will be useful for many of us trying to take a decision.

Safe driving.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks