Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2012, 22:25   #16
BHPian

Re: "WOLVERINE" My Volcano Black Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Congrats.I would like to see the switch / button / Lever that activates the AWD.
Thanks, photo of AWD switch attached below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Congrats on your Wolverine.Did you get to use the AWD yet?
Thank you, I used the AWD lock twice for a very short period when i had to turn and go up a steep mud road and it worked pretty well, As for the XUV switching automatically to AWD when needed i could not make out when it does so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Congrats for the AWD. If I remember correctly I saw the pics on Facebook wall . Wanted to know was the billing done at Bangalore address or Mangalore address
Thank you,Yes i did post some pics on facebook. The vehicle was booked by my brother in law who lives in Bangalore in my dads name with his Bangalore address for the booking later when we took delivery we did temporary registration at Bangalore where our Mangalore address was given and vehicle was brought to Mangalore and permanent registration done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Dockap,
Congratulations and your car looks awesome in black!Happy Motoring!
Thanks, ya in future updates i hope they give some option wherein we can input our choice photo or colour for background and also option for screen saver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
Congratulations on owning this Black Beauty, dockap. Your Optra is an immaculately well maintained car. Please do post some pics of the interiors as well.
Thanks, I will post some interior pictures once i have sorted out 1 problem which has arisen today in my XUV. Looks like M&M forgot to input some Adamantium in my Wolverine. The front passenger door refuses to open from the outside as well as the inside since today afternoon. Looks pretty odd when people see someone get in the middle seat and try to do some yogasanas as they get to the front seat from inside. since i am in Mangalore where the XUV is not launched officially the local M&M dealership did not seen too keen to try to rectify the problem when i went there at 5:45 pm saying its closing time. I have requested them to have a look tomorrow morning.
Attached Thumbnails
"WOLVERINE" My Volcano Black Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD-20120423-21.29.16.jpg  

dockap is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 11:43   #17
BHPian

Congrats on your W8 AWD, rarely do you see this version of the XUV5OO on the road. Many Happy & Safe kms on the beast.

If Mahindra reads this thread, they would probably wonder if they their design philosophy was based on a cheetah or a wolverine especially going by the first pic you posted.
Old 24th April 2012, 17:00   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Congrats on your W8 AWD, If Mahindra reads this thread, they would probably wonder if they their design philosophy was based on a cheetah or a wolverine especially going by the first pic you posted.
Thank you and yes the adamantium talons of X-Men Wolverine in the picture sure resemble the grill of the XUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
1 problem which has arisen today in my XUV. Looks like M&M forgot to input some Adamantium in my Wolverine. The front passenger door refuses to open from the outside as well as the inside since today afternoon.since i am in Mangalore where the XUV is not launched officially the local M&M dealership did not seen too keen to try to rectify the problem when i went there at 5:45 pm saying its closing time. I have requested them to have a look tomorrow morning.
Update to the above after a couple of minutes of brisk locking unlocking and pulling on the door lock unlock and open levers by 2 to 3 service personnel at the local M&M service center at Mangalore- Karnataka Agencies the front passenger door opened finally and the problem seems to have gone away.I am so relived because otherwise i would have had to go to Bangalore for the rectifying the problem immediately or i would have to manage with the door locked till i go for 1st service to Bangalore.
Old 24th April 2012, 18:02   #19
BHPian

Dockap, many congratulation!!!

I can very well relate to your decision about moving to SUV from Magnum. XUV looks really good in Black. Fairly detail and informative review, enjoy the ride!!!
throttleking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 19:11   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you and yes the adamantium talons of X-Men Wolverine in the picture sure resemble the grill of the XUV.

Update to the above after a couple of minutes of brisk locking unlocking and pulling on the door lock unlock and open levers by 2 to 3 service personnel at the local M&M service center at Mangalore- Karnataka Agencies the front passenger door opened finally and the problem seems to have gone away.I am so relived because otherwise i would have had to go to Bangalore for the rectifying the problem immediately or i would have to manage with the door locked till i go for 1st service to Bangalore.
I too had the same door not opening problem, mine was the rear left passenger door. Complained about it in the first service. They identified it as lack of lubrication in the locking mechanism and greased it. The problem has not surfaced after that.
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 23:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Dockap, many congratulation!!!
Thanks you, Its such a big relief when you dont need to sit on the edge of the seat looking for the next pothole or unpainted speed breaker which can rupture the oil sump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
I too had the same door not opening problem, mine was the rear left passenger door. Complained about it in the first service. They identified it as lack of lubrication in the locking mechanism and greased it. The problem has not surfaced after that.
Now that is a new reason for door not opening in XUV. I was searching for the cause and i came up with different theories from different people

1. Fault in lock mechanism.
2. If someone tries to open the passenger door at the same moment you are using the remote to unlock.
3. If you lock and unlock in quick succession using the remote.
4. Misalignment of door and lock mechanism
5. Lack of lubrication in locking mechanism

Anyway i have applied ample amount of grease to all the door locks today also attaching a photo of the illuminated scuff plates below.
Attached Thumbnails
"WOLVERINE" My Volcano Black Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD-20120424-21.14.22.jpg  

dockap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 11:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations. Your son looks most pleased!
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 12:21   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Looks like some habits die hard. I had the same problem on my Scorpio, and this was when the vehicle was hardly a couple of months old. It was for the driver's side door, and was rather embarassing, having to unlock the door, and then ask someone to open the door for me from the other side.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 19:11   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Congratulations. Your son looks most pleased!
Thanks, He sure is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Looks like some habits die hard. I had the same problem on my Scorpio, and was rather embarassing, .
I know.

I had been to Manipal today to attend my cousin brothers marriage ceremony and since i had some free time went exploring down to Siddivinayak temple on the banks of river Swarna where i clicked a couple of photos of wolverine with my camera phone.
Attached Thumbnails
"WOLVERINE" My Volcano Black Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD-20120426-11.58.55.jpg  

"WOLVERINE" My Volcano Black Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD-20120426-11.59.04.jpg  

dockap is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 11:31   #25
BHPian

Nice write up and amazing pics dockap.

Although wouldn't Wolverine be a name better suited for a Logan?
kadanaJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 11:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Anand!

Wolverine looks mean and nice! Nice write up and pictures!
Old 27th April 2012, 12:13   #27
BHPian

Congrats on the new buy anand!! Looks really nice.. indeed a beast.
I must say you have put on a lot of weight since we had the last T BHP meet.
Old 27th April 2012, 16:19   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
Nice write up and amazing pics dockap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Congrats Anand!
Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaniac View Post
Congrats on the new buy anand!! Looks really nice.. indeed a beast. I must say you have put on a lot of weight since we had the last T BHP meet.
Thank you, I have put on some weight ever since i gave up the cancer sticks 1 year 4 months back. I had been to Carz Spa Mangalore to install the tints for wolverine and came to know that the owner is your BIL.
Old 29th April 2012, 14:01   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Niggles faced so far-
Car failed to start on 2 occasions. I removed the key from the ignition waited for a minute and tried again and it started. Seems like it’s a known issue.
The steering Column rubs against your left foot when taking turns at crawling speed with the clutch depressed.
The entertainment system has stopped responding a few times and I have to switch it off and restart it.
Notchy second gear- sometimes it difficult to engage second gear.
Car alarm sounds randomly when parked without any intrusion attempt.
Grinding sound from the brakes.
Driver side ORVM hits the window beading in closed position.
Congrats on your new set of wheels !!! It looks smashing on the streets.

But i feel grossly for the problems you have mentioned, so much for having paid truck load of money. I had one of the Mahindra vehicle. I sold it for 50% of the price within 4 months of buying it. It was a disaster.

i always did feel that these guys build vehicle to sell spares and extort labour charges. I always felt that mahindra made more money by way of selling spares and labour charges. Most of Mahindra vehicles come with inbuilt issues. No wonder, i see the service center overflowing with scorpios, so much that they would have parked the vehicle outside on the service road on hosur road.

if i was you, i wouldnt have accepted these problems you have mentioned whatsoever after paying up so much money. What do you intend to do about these issues ?

You never get your money worth from Mahindra. This was true in my case and also with one of my close friend.

All the best!!!
Old 30th April 2012, 00:47   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Congrats on your new set of wheels !!! It looks smashing on the streets.

But i feel grossly for the problems you have mentioned, so much for having paid truck load of money. What do you intend to do about these issues ?

You never get your money worth from Mahindra. This was true in my case and also with one of my close friend.All the best!!!
Thanks, about the issues except for the Steering column rubbing against your left foot when the clutch is depressed at low speeds all the others can be solved.
For eg the alarm going off without any intrusion attempt is due to faulty bonnet sensor as reported by others and which i found out myself today when i heard beeps when driving the XUV and on looking at the infotainment system it was displaying bonnet open alert.
The infotainment system hanging is solved by the latest firmware upgrade 4.0
Redesigned brake assembly is available now
Synthetic gear box oil change is done for the gear problem
The ORVM motor is replaced which solves the problem of orvm hitting the window beading

Most Viewed