Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2012, 16:57   #46
BHPian

Re: "WOLVERINE" My Volcano Black Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
I had the first service done last month and the total cost was Rs 2,111/- The average i used to get with tankful to tankful method before service was 10.5 kpl now after 1st service the average seems to have dropped to 10 kpl. City/Highway usage is 50/50
(I do not use the start stop function and idle the XUV a lot at traffic signals with AC on as the start stop function switches off the AC)
Are you still getting the sams avearge 10.5 kmpl or it has improved. My XUV AWD also give around 9-10 kmpl after 2nd service. Did you find any solution to improve the mileage?

Thanks!
Old 18th August 2012, 00:39   #47
BHPian

Quote:
List of accessories installed

Illuminated scuff plates

3M CS35 sun film for the side windows and rear. Garware Icecool shield for the windscreen

LCD rear view mirror with reverse camera
[/b]
am interested in these accessories for my XUV too when I get a delivery.

1) does the illumination still works perfectly in all the plates?

2) why LCD rvm with reverse cam? as far as I know they are offering the reverse cam which can be seen through the infotainment display. you changed the rvm then?

3) what is the Garware Icecool shield for windscreen? is it like a regular sunfilm or completely transparent with 100% visibility? how effective is it and the cost of it?

Thanks
Old 14th October 2012, 02:16   #48
BHPian

@Dockap

You had opted for waxoyl paint protection and underbody treatment right? what is the status of the vehicle now. do you think that Waxoyl is better than 3M, Ehat do you suggest. I have the waxoyl guys just beside my house. I have also read that Waxoyl is comparatively better and paint shine stays for almost 2 years. I wanted to check with you before going there.
Old 14th October 2012, 11:43   #49
BHPian

Sorry for not replying earlier guys. Wolverine has finished 10k second service and cost was Rs 72/-
The windshield was replaced under warranty as it had developed scratches due to the stock wipers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Power View Post
Are you still getting the sams avearge 10.5 kmpl or it has improved. Thanks!
The mileage has settled at 10 kpl with mixed driving of 50/50 highway and city. I think its pretty decent for such a big vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
am interested in these accessories for my XUV too when I get a delivery.
1) does the illumination still works perfectly in all the plates?
2) why LCD rvm with reverse cam?
3) what is the Garware Icecool shield for windscreen? Thanks
The illumination works perfectly
I installed the LCD RVM as the display on the stock system takes some time to appear when you start the vehicle(it take around 25 seconds for the stock system to boot up)
Garware Icecool shield is a transparent type of sun control film for windshield. Unfortunately my windshield developed scratches due to the stock wipers and M&M replaced the windshield under warranty so i lost the film when the windshield was replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoboy View Post
@Dockap

do you think that Waxoyl is better than 3M, Ehat do you suggest. .
The under body protection i cannot comment as i have not had the opportunity to look under the car after it was applied but the paint protection is not of much help ( they applied some type of wax i guess) there are multiple white dots on the bonnet and just before the rear wheel arcs where small stones tend to hit when you drive. I suggest you check out 3M also.
Old 23rd October 2012, 00:16   #50
BHPian

Quote:

The illumination works perfectly
I installed the LCD RVM as the display on the stock system takes some time to appear when you start the vehicle(it take around 25 seconds for the stock system to boot up)

Can you please post some photographs (in day light) for the LCD RVM. I would also like to see how it has been mounted. Are you overall happy with it?
Old 23rd October 2012, 06:06   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry The under body protection i cannot comment as i have not had the opportunity to look under the car after it was applied but the paint protection is not of much help ( they applied some type of wax i guess) there are multiple white dots on the bonnet and just before the rear wheel arcs where small stones tend to hit when you drive. I suggest you check out 3M also.
Waxoyl, 3M, Diamond brite Ultra and the other Paint protection systems are to Protect the top coat against fading, minor swirl marks and damage to paint due to forces of nature including bird droppings. they will not protect the paint against dents, dings, and nicks and stone hits. basically like a sunscreen used by humans. they prevent darkening of the skin, but cannot prevent a abrasion on the skin

the white dots on the bonnet and the wheel archs seem to be due to stone hits/ sand particle hits from either on oncoming vehicle or a truck that you must have been following which was carrying sand, these can be avoided only by applying the 3M Plasto-wrap which costs about 500 per sq. foot. these are like the plastic stickers you find near the wheel arches of Maruti's.
Old 26th March 2013, 18:30   #52
BHPian

Dockap,

Guess its going to be a year now. How is your ride doing? Could you give an update?
Old 6th April 2013, 12:03   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Dockap,

Guess its going to be a year now. How is your ride doing? Could you give an update?
John you had indicated that you are thinking of ordering a Purple colour. That's a great colour, but see Dockap's comments on page 3 on maintaining a black colour. In these areas where monsoon is heavy, the mud etc shows up very much on dark colours. That's why I prefer silver. The colour contrast is far less and so the visual ill effect is considerably muted.
Old 6th April 2013, 13:44   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post

John you had indicated that you are thinking of ordering a Purple colour. That's a great colour, but see Dockap's comments on page 3 on maintaining a black colour. In these areas where monsoon is heavy, the mud etc shows up very much on dark colours. That's why I prefer silver. The colour contrast is far less and so the visual ill effect is considerably muted.
Yes had gone through the thread! Having a black lancer in kerala, I know what I'm getting into. But some how the colour just grew on me! By the way, will be booking it on the 11th. Any advice from xuv owners?
Old 11th December 2013, 09:50   #55

I know this is probably 2yrs. too late but congratulations on being an owner of a car that can easily be the pride of Indian engineering!

Since this is my dream car and am saving to be able to buy it by next June (fingers crossed), and am interested in buying the AWD version, please could you shed some light on how deep a hole, maintenance drills through your pocket? This is just so it could help us budget my car buying correctly. I am assuming the nos. you will quote is apart from fuel and insurance.
Old 21st February 2015, 07:54   #56
Senior - BHPian

I am wondering if Mahindra is not keen on selling AWDs. We are considering this in my wife's place in Munnar which is 4 wheel territory, but looks like they don't have a AWD for test drive in any of their showrooms. More than that, there sales person is discouraging quoting it gives low mileage since it is full time AWD. My understanding is that it has auto shift to all wheel on demand and this can be switched off if needed, will be great if our experts can clarify. Also please let me know if there is a way a AWD can be arranged for test drive, I would like to see how well it handles in 4wheel territory (is not a very roughy terrain, I manage it with my Fortuner AT, but will skid during rains)
Old 20th March 2016, 01:30   #57
BHPian

Sorry for not posting updates or replying. It has been a wonderful journey with my XUV. Many long and memorable trips and vacations. It was a pleasure to own and drive my XUV. Good roads, bad roads or no roads always eager to go anywhere. Some minor niggles yes but nothing can beat the value for money offered by the XUV. It is 4 years now and time to move on. Wolverine has found a new owner. The joy of welcoming Dark knight my Panther black Ford Endeavor Titanium 4x4 and at the same time the sorrow of saying good bye to Wolverine. I have posted a few random snaps of Wolverine and the final snaps of him going away to his new owner. I almost cried.
Attached Thumbnails
"WOLVERINE" My Volcano Black Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD-dsc03510.jpg  

"WOLVERINE" My Volcano Black Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD-dsc03643.jpg  

"WOLVERINE" My Volcano Black Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD-img_20140508_101010.jpg  

"WOLVERINE" My Volcano Black Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD-img_20140514_164355.jpg  

"WOLVERINE" My Volcano Black Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD-p_20160318_075218_1_p.jpg  

"WOLVERINE" My Volcano Black Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD-p_20160318_075223_1_p.jpg  

"WOLVERINE" My Volcano Black Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD-p_20160318_075236_1_p.jpg  

"WOLVERINE" My Volcano Black Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD-p_20160318_160507_1_p.jpg  

"WOLVERINE" My Volcano Black Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD-p_20160318_160720_1_p.jpg  

"WOLVERINE" My Volcano Black Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD-p_20160318_160726_1_p_1.jpg  

dockap is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks