Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2014, 12:41   #31
BHPian

Re: My Pearl Red Honda City V-AT

Hi Wilful,

Thanks for putting up a wonderful experience, which all Honda car promise.
I owned a Honda City (a generation older than yours. 2005-2008).

My experience was world class except for ride comfort, which I found to be quite harsh.
I believe Honda have not taken care of it even today.

How do you find the ride comfort apart from all the goodies it gives you. ?

thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 19:31   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Hi Wilful,

Thanks for putting up a wonderful experience, which all Honda car promise.
I owned a Honda City (a generation older than yours. 2005-2008).

My experience was world class except for ride comfort, which I found to be quite harsh.
I believe Honda have not taken care of it even today.

How do you find the ride comfort apart from all the goodies it gives you. ?

thanks
Like you I had the earlier City model (2006), and the first gen too (2003).
Yes - the experience has been generally hassle free - the ride of the present one I have is about the same as the earlier one. The suspension is rather noisy on rough roads. And if there is one grouse I have, it is that slight flimsy feel on the not so good roads. Oh and there is one more - they are pretty stingy on the bells and whistles - always seem to grudgingly hand these out well after the competition does so.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 10:06   #33
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday it rained like crazy in these parts and the city literally drowned for a while. I had to go (wade) to office in the car and while going through a particularly deep stretch, with my heart in my mouth, I clicked 2 pics that stand testimony to the reasonable water wading capability of the Honda City. I am guessing there must have been a foot to a foot and a half of depth. I made the trip 4 times in total (to office, lunch, back to office and then back home). This little shortcut mind you, had less water depth than most other shortcuts - the alternative was to go around for a couple of kms through the main road (choked with traffic - and a delay of 45 mins each way). Thank God I made through each time - I do hear a slight moaning noise today from the brakes when applied at speeds.
The bottom line - Honda City is no slouch when it comes to water wading (but I feel I did take risks).
Attached Thumbnails
My Pearl Red Honda City V-AT-flood-2.jpg  

My Pearl Red Honda City V-AT-flood-1.jpg  

wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 15:10   #34
Senior - BHPian

I'm feeling rather disgruntled. My car is just over 2 years old and the battery - SF - has failed. I had taken the car to the new Honda dealer - Vivaan Honda yesterday to check the rattle from the front left side that Peninsular Honda had not been able to fix for ages. I must say that it looks as if it has been sorted out - apparently the offending rattle was from the bottom portion of the dashboard.
While the car was there, I asked them to check the battery and starter - of late the car had developed an occasional reluctance to start. They checked and told me that the battery was in poor shape and needed replacement and were rather keen to peddle an Amaron for 4600 bucks. Report being attached.
A 2 year old battery conking out is a bit hard according to me.
Anyway - I have got it replaced with one from Panasonic for 3900 less 500 for my old battery.
Attached Thumbnails
My Pearl Red Honda City V-AT-new-doc-2_1.jpg  

Old 6th June 2014, 15:59   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
A 2 year old battery conking out is a bit hard according to me.
Honestly my 2010 3rd generation city's battery too conked off exactly 25 months after purchase. I too was unhappy about it but on my inquiry with other honda owners I found that some how the OEM battery coming with the city will only last you as much. Its inexplicable but true.
abs182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 20:46   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
Honestly my 2010 3rd generation city's battery too conked off exactly 25 months after purchase. I too was unhappy about it but on my inquiry with other honda owners I found that some how the OEM battery coming with the city will only last you as much. Its inexplicable but true.
Must be of lower quality levels then - if this is a not so rare occurance. Another instance of cost cutting I guess.
Old 6th June 2014, 20:59   #37
Senior - BHPian

My Pearl Red Honda City V-AT

I guess all batteries now are lasting just over the 2 - 3 year mark. Is this to do with the batteries or are they overloaded in the modern cars?

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 6th June 2014 at 21:06.
Old 11th July 2014, 13:11   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
The charges seem a trifle high at over Rs.9350/-.
Sorry I saw your reply a little late picked it up from the Ecosport thread.

What is suspension Retorquing?
This is something that sounds a bit 'made up' to me.

Blower and Gas top up? And then a General Repair + injector cleaning

I feel all these are not required and are 'made up' or unnecessary add-ons which help the SA meet his targets.
Old 11th July 2014, 13:30   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Sorry I saw your reply a little late picked it up from the Ecosport thread.

What is suspension Retorquing?
This is something that sounds a bit 'made up' to me.

Blower and Gas top up? And then a General Repair + injector cleaning

I feel all these are not required and are 'made up' or unnecessary add-ons which help the SA meet his targets.
I had a tiny rattle (still have it) from the front left side - the suspension was one possible suspect, hence the re-torquing.
As for the other charges, I did feel they were padding up but not being too clued up, didn't raise questions.
Old 26th September 2014, 11:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

The noise from the front right suspension got progressively worse. After 2 visits to the service centre they told me that the front right damper needs replacement - part was unavailable and therefore had to wait for a week. Got it done yesterday - damages Rs.2602/-. The problem is partly solved as the metallic clinking sound over uneven road surface has stopped. However there is a kind of rattle when the car goes over culverts etc. They need more time to check and fix and have promised to do so during the next service - since I can't spare the car now.
Keep wondering - isn't 23000 kms (of driving over averagely good & bad Indian roads) a bit too soon for a damper to give way?
Attached Thumbnails
My Pearl Red Honda City V-AT-new-doc-4_1.jpg  

Old 6th November 2014, 15:42   #41
Senior - BHPian

After some hard thinking, I decided to part ways with the City. Been a fairly good innings with the 3 Honda Citys to date but as I mentioned in another thread I've been a bit upset with the falling away of quality levels (my perception).
Last Saturday, after doing around 25000 kms, I got a buyer (at a fair price) for the car. While overall I've been fairly satisfied, there have been some rattles and niggles that have made me rather uneasy. Tyre wear has been rather excessive (at 24600 kms they are in poor shape despite regular alignment/balancing).

Most Viewed