Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2014, 18:28   #1576
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

In fact, i went to the showroom looking for Grey colour and I hated the Red shown on the Maruti site, things changed when i saw it in person. Finally had to decide between red and grey, former was readily availbale whereas latter would have taken a month to deliver. So the choice was easy !
Old 25th January 2014, 20:40   #1577
BHPian

Just completed 20000km service of my Ertiga Ddis. Cost rs. 12500. Had opted for synthetic oil. I had heard that it is going to be expensive but didn't expect so much.
Old 25th January 2014, 21:04   #1578
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Just completed 20000km service of my Ertiga Ddis. Cost rs. 12500. Had opted for synthetic oil. I had heard that it is going to be expensive but didn't expect so much.
Didnt you strike out the unwanted stuff? Even with synthetic oil the max will be around 7-8k. I am surprised to see that even after lots of posts discussing this issue of inflated bills, addition of unnecessary stuff, you still approved them.
Old 25th January 2014, 21:15   #1579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From what I know, oil should only cost 3k max. They use mobil1

Do you have a breakup? I doubt oil being the culprit
Old 25th January 2014, 22:25   #1580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic;
Didnt you strike out the unwanted stuff? Even with synthetic oil the max will be around 7-8k. I am surprised to see that even after lots of posts discussing this issue of inflated bills, addition of unnecessary stuff, you still approved them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
From what I know, oil should only cost 3k max. They use mobil1

Do you have a breakup? I doubt oil being the culprit
Attached the breakup. It is around 7.3k for parts, 3.7k for labor and 1.5k tax/vat.

Except wheel balancing/alignment, I am not sure what else I could have declined. SA said all other items are required as per the schedule. The only other extra cost is the Rs.466 for replacing the fog lamp bulb that was not working. If one excludes these items, it would still come to around 11k.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20kservice_page1.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20kservice_page2.jpg  

Last edited by mohan41 : 25th January 2014 at 22:31.
mohan41 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2014, 23:15   #1581
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Attached the breakup. It is around 7.3k for parts, 3.7k for labor and 1.5k tax/vat.

Except wheel balancing/alignment, I am not sure what else I could have declined. SA said all other items are required as per the schedule. The only other extra cost is the Rs.466 for replacing the fog lamp bulb that was not working. If one excludes these items, it would still come to around 11k.

As usual, you were charged for everything that should have been covered under paid service. They charged extra for brake overhaul both front and rear, and replacement of brake fluid, consumable check and replacement and so on which should have been covered under regular service. This itself amounts to more than 1k.
Charges for alignment and balancing is also out of the roof. Just today I paid 300 for aligning my Sx4 and 280 for my WagonR using a 3D aligner. Plus the wheels were rotated free of cost. I havent approved alignment or balancing even once in the ASC.

Report to the TSM and ask him why you are charged extras even if paid service must include these. He will resolve the matter else ask him to give his seniors contact. Once you do this, from next time you wont be charged extra.

I follow the simple method. The SA will start narrating the estimate and include all stuff. In the end I just say "Boss I will pay labour for paid service. Charge me any extra and I wont pay a dime. Refuse to do all the necessary stuff and I know where to get your back kicked" And they have been helplessly agreeing. You just have to be hard on these fellows. Then you will get your job done nicely at a less cost. If we agree to what all bull they give, they charge, but rarely do things right. If the customer is strict, they work with fear.

Dont leave the matter here. Escalate and demand a proper explanation on how you can be charged all those extras.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 11:00   #1582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
As usual, you were charged for everything that should have been covered under paid service. They charged extra for brake overhaul both front and rear, and replacement of brake fluid, consumable check and replacement and so on which should have been covered under regular service.
I see, what you are saying is I have been charged extra labor for tasks that are required to be covered under the regular service labor charges. I did not know this, thank you for the input. I was thinking they may do unnecessary part replacements and had not thought about the labor part. I will definitely ask them about this.
Old 30th January 2014, 10:28   #1583
BHPian

Bought home home an Ertiga Zdi - Brick red color (with rims). Got an extremely good offer with 45k cash discount, NCB discount on insurance, 2.5k off for basic accessories and 'side beading' as free accessory. Total OTR came up to 9.6L. Additional spent on the following:

1. OE Alloy wheels and Suzuki hub cap - 21.5k
2. Bridgestone 195 60 R15 (ER20 turzena) - 8k after swapping goodyear duraplus 185 65 R15 section tyres.
3. Dolphin dualtone seat covers - 10k (from Jeewajee, alwarpet)

Total spent is around 10L for Zdi
MutantX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 15:14   #1584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Bought home home an Ertiga Zdi - Brick red color (with rims). Got an extremely good offer with 45k cash discount, NCB discount on insurance, 2.5k off for basic accessories and 'side beading' as free accessory. Total OTR came up to 9.6L. Additional spent on the following:

1. OE Alloy wheels and Suzuki hub cap - 21.5k
2. Bridgestone 195 60 R15 (ER20 turzena) - 8k after swapping goodyear duraplus 185 65 R15 section tyres.
3. Dolphin dualtone seat covers - 10k (from Jeewajee, alwarpet)

Total spent is around 10L for Zdi
Wow! Indeed a good deal. Just came off from the other thread where I replied you.

Is the discount 45k for 2014 models? Official? Or a Stock from 2013? Still a good deal considering its just Jan.

Congrats on your buy! Do share photos especially tempted to see the list of accessories that you have added.
My car is bone stock even with the factory seat polythene cover after 2nd service completed recently. Letting my niece and nephew tear it apart

Will have to add seat cover and mats the next time I visit home.

Last edited by ganesc : 30th January 2014 at 15:18.
Old 1st February 2014, 09:13   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
Wow! Indeed a good deal. Just came off from the other thread where I replied you.

Is the discount 45k for 2014 models? Official? Or a Stock from 2013? Still a good deal considering its just Jan.

Congrats on your buy! Do share photos especially tempted to see the list of accessories that you have added.
My car is bone stock even with the factory seat polythene cover after 2nd service completed recently. Letting my niece and nephew tear it apart

Will have to add seat cover and mats the next time I visit home.
Hi Ganesh,

Thanks for the wishes. 45K cash discount on 2013 stock. I had to get the seat cover asap since the OE seat covers are beige in color and susceptible. 10k for dolphin dual tone perforated seat covers including fitting charges.
Old 1st February 2014, 12:11   #1586
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

Extra charges which I have noticed.

H8 Bulb (fog lamps) 460 - normal MA$$ price
Clutch bleeding - 210
Wiring check - 150
Consumable check and replacement - 175

Too expensive alignment & balancing - please get it done in some reputed shops going forth - Would NOT cost you more than Rs. 500/-.

Wheel Weights - 240
WB & WA - 1000

Ideally I would expect a ~10K with synthetic oil with current labour charges for a 20K service, you have incurred the additional 2K in the above charges.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st February 2014 at 12:12.
Old 1st February 2014, 18:07   #1587
BHPian

Ertiga zdi - brick red color. Just for led bulbs fitted instead of park lights, rear number plate lights and interior dome lights. All these lights are in white smd led lights. Will be posting the pictures soon.

Last edited by MutantX : 1st February 2014 at 18:09.
Old 1st February 2014, 19:49   #1588

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Guys,

I am planning to install the arm rest in my ertiga and when I was surfing through internet for a universal armrest, got this.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/auto...75/?pos=0;0;55

Guys do you think this is advisable.
I have installed the front arm rest. Got it installed from a local accessory shop for around RS 1300. The arm rest provides good comfort while driving. However need to pull it up when using handbrake. Below are some snaps of the installation.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-picture-002.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-picture-003.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-picture-004.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-picture-007.jpg  

MH-05 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 22:29   #1589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH-05 View Post
I have installed the front arm rest. Got it installed from a local accessory shop for around RS 1300. The arm rest provides good comfort while driving. However need to pull it up when using handbrake. Below are some snaps of the installation.
That looks decent, except for the slight color mismatch. All the units I saw in shops had a black metal bottom, yours is the very first I am seeing with beige powder coating. Could you share where you got it from and the box pictures if possible?
Old 1st February 2014, 23:08   #1590

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
That looks decent, except for the slight color mismatch. All the units I saw in shops had a black metal bottom, yours is the very first I am seeing with beige powder coating. Could you share where you got it from and the box pictures if possible?
Yes there is a slight colour mismatch but this was the closest that I could find during my search in Thane and Navi Mumbai. I got it from "Dream Wheels" car accessory shop located at Manpada road Dombivli east. I will share more pictures as we'll.

Most Viewed