Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2014, 23:49   #1591
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Just back from a 1200+ kms drive (BLR-HYD-BLR).
BLR-HYD, started 0430 01-Feb, and drove non stop (except toll) to reach HYD. Maintained steady speeds with max of 130kmph. Mileage 16.8 kmpl.
GPS track from Devanahalli to ORR, HYD. 516kms, 5.1hrs.
http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/work...ot38ovikrl5sd1

HYD-BLR, started 0400 02-Feb, with multiple stops enroute. Sedate driving never exceeding 80-95kmph at 2100-2300rpm. Mileage 20.33kmpl.
xotiq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 08:59   #1592
BHPian

Guys

My Ertiga ZXi is going in for the first service in a few days. Can you please answer the below doubts i have.

1. Cost of first service with Oil Change
2. What all will be done.
3. Are we given a choice between Mineral and synthetic ? My car doesnt run much and i would prefer mineral.

thanks all
Old 10th February 2014, 10:29   #1593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Guys

My Ertiga ZXi is going in for the first service in a few days. Can you please answer the below doubts i have.

1. Cost of first service with Oil Change
2. What all will be done.
3. Are we given a choice between Mineral and synthetic ? My car doesnt run much and i would prefer mineral.

thanks all
They dont change oil during first service

First service is mostly free unless you have anything particular

You have a choice between a Mobil1 semi synth or fully synth. Semi synth costs you just 1500 extra over normal mineral oil I guess which is not much for 10k or one year period

Some people do a fuss over cars like innova running on mineral oil but not ertiga. But ertiga gives 50% more mileage and costs like 5 lakh cheap

So pampering her with few extra thousand once a year is justified isnt it
I own diesel and would opt synth at 10k.
Old 11th February 2014, 07:44   #1594
BHPian

I bought an SX4 VXi 2 months before the Ertiga was launched. We often travel as a family of 6 (incl my parents), so I really miss a 6-7 seater. Presently, we somehow adjust in the SX4, but the kids are growing, so its a bit hard, especially on long drives.

Its been about 2 years since I bought my SX4. I have a 5 year loan on it (3 more years to go). I am wondering whether to:
- Pre-pay the loan, sell the SX4, and buy the Ertiga, or
- Wait for 3 more years and finish the loan tenure, and then sell and buy the Ertiga (or whatever else is there at that time, if its a better option)

Any thoughts?

BTW: I dont drive much on a daily basis, so I am considering the petrol Ertiga, viz. Ertiga VXi ABS.
vharihar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 08:08   #1595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
I bought an SX4 VXi 2 months before the Ertiga was launched. We often travel as a family of 6 (incl my parents), so I really miss a 6-7 seater. Presently, we somehow adjust in the SX4, but the kids are growing, so its a bit hard, especially on long drives.

Its been about 2 years since I bought my SX4. I have a 5 year loan on it (3 more years to go). I am wondering whether to:
- Wait for 3 more years and finish the loan tenure, and then sell and buy the Ertiga (or whatever else is there at that time, if its a better option)

Any thoughts?

BTW: I dont drive much on a daily basis, so I am considering the petrol Ertiga, viz. Ertiga VXi ABS.
My opinion -

You should immediately go for an Ertiga petrol. The SX4 is going to depreciate further after 3 years. What you can try is get an exchange on your SX4

The sweetest deal I can think of is you exchange your SX4 for an Ertiga, push up your loan tenure from say the current 3 to maybe even 7 years but retain the same EMI

Trust me, this is possible, because the Ertiga is one step lower than the SX4 but is going to be more useful than the SX4. Talk with all the dealers in your city and play them against each other, tell Dealer A that Dealer B is offering you a particular scheme and request him to better that
Old 11th February 2014, 08:28   #1596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post

Any thoughts?

Too Late you should have exchanged it in the year end deals. I think the deals are still there, exhange the SX4 and go for a Ertiga immediately. Foreclose the loan and save on EMI.
Old 11th February 2014, 12:02   #1597
BHPian

My dad just booked an ertiga. Our 16 year old M800 is fetching around 45k + 10k some bonus.
This is in kerala. No waiting period too, even for 2014 models.
Abes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 14:37   #1598
BHPian

The Front Disks in my 8 days old Ertiga Vxi have worn out. The dealership says they will replace both the disks in warranty. Also, the infamous wind noise from the driver side window is present. I am surprised as to how this vehicle passed the QA test at the factory.
Old 3rd March 2014, 15:02   #1599
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
The Front Disks in my 8 days old Ertiga Vxi have worn out. The dealership says they will replace both the disks in warranty. Also, the infamous wind noise from the driver side window is present. I am surprised as to how this vehicle passed the QA test at the factory.
How serious is this wind noise?Is that really worrisome at all? I too have acknowledged the wind-noise in my Ertiga but honestly it can give complex to a whisper too.

The noise indeed is coming into the cabin where the quarter panel glass is and one can test this with his palm near this area. From what I learnt through ASC, they are replacing the channel (beading) on the quarter panel glass.

Regarding discs - How can the Discs wear this soon unless the pads were constantly rubbing with the discs?

Do ensure to get the braking checked when you replace the discs and the complete functioning of the slave cylinders on both the front wheels.

This is not so good an experience to read!
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 15:17   #1600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
How serious is this wind noise?
This is not so good an experience to read!
Thanks Parag. Will have the service folks checks the brakes thoroughly.
And yes, the wind noise is really irritating at speeds excess of 50 km.

Do you think I should escalate the brake issue to Maruti?

BTW, this is a 2013 manufactured vehicle and I got 30K cash discount last month.

Last edited by Prodigy07 : 3rd March 2014 at 15:18.
Old 3rd March 2014, 17:33   #1601
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Parag. Will have the service folks checks the brakes thoroughly.
And yes, the wind noise is really irritating at speeds excess of 50 km.

Do you think I should escalate the brake issue to Maruti?

BTW, this is a 2013 manufactured vehicle and I got 30K cash discount last month.
I picked mine in Oct 2013 (Aug Manufactured). Wind noise is evident like a whisper around 80kmph and beyond.

Yes, you must talk to folks at the ASC and ask them to resolve as I have seen many have done that.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 14:26   #1602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I picked mine in Oct 2013 (Aug Manufactured). Wind noise is evident like a whisper around 80kmph and beyond.

Yes, you must talk to folks at the ASC and ask them to resolve as I have seen many have done that.
Got the vehicle yesterday evening. Both the disks have been replaced under warranty. The car feels very safe now.

Also, the wind noise has been arrested.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 14:31   #1603
BHPian

Ertiga Owners - Have you noticed the rear seat belts hitting against the pads and creating wierd sounds? This can be heard on uneven roads (or) while negotiating over speed breakers. If yes, how to overcome this?
Old 5th March 2014, 15:32   #1604
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ertiga Owners - Have you noticed the rear seat belts hitting against the pads and creating wierd sounds?
I guess you are mentioning about the seat belts hitting against door panels. I guess this happens in most of the cars. I try to get over this by buckling up the belts which reduces it play.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 16:30   #1605
BHPian

Quote:
Ertiga Owners - Have you noticed the rear seat belts hitting against the pads and creating wierd sounds? This can be heard on uneven roads (or) while negotiating over speed breakers. If yes, how to overcome this?
Well, there's a holder to keep the belts in place. Close to the seat adjustment lever.

Last edited by Recallers : 5th March 2014 at 16:32.

Most Viewed