Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2014, 15:13   #1726
BANNED

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobix View Post
Definitely needs central arm-rest for driver, not putting one is big goof-up from maruti and not providing it as MGA is bigger goof-up.
Congratulations for the Ertiga.

The point that you have mentioned I feel will be one of the feature that will be added along with some chrome, some kind of stickers and ACC as a facelift model of the Ertiga once the Honda Mobilio is launched.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 17:27   #1727
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congratulations for the Ertiga.

The point that you have mentioned I feel will be one of the feature that will be added along with some chrome, some kind of stickers and ACC as a facelift model of the Ertiga once the Honda Mobilio is launched.

Anurag.
Highly unlikely to expect MSIL to either introduce the armrest as part of MGA or as part of limited Edition Ertiga.

I don't recall a single model from the Maruti stable to have come with center armrest for the driver - SX4 or Dzire or Swift - None have it. And, I often wonder why they never thought about this as a simple feature for their line up!

But I agree that the armrest is a must in case of a super long drive that one takes up.

I have been contemplating on fitting one in my Ertiga (the way I already have it in WagonR since 3 years) but want to give some time before any DIYs.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 10:48   #1728
BHPian

Looking closely at speedo today, I noticed "CRUISE" text there. Anyone seen it before on Ertiga ? I didn't noticed it on demo cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-speedo.jpg  

Old 14th May 2014, 14:15   #1729
BANNED

Quote:
Looking closely at speedo today, I noticed "CRUISE" text there. Anyone seen it before on Ertiga ? I didn't noticed it on demo cars.

Look at the images below and see what all icons are present and what are activated for the Indian market.

1) Above Fuel gauge:
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-1.jpg

2) In the RPM dial:
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-2.jpg

3) Below the MID:
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-3.jpg

4) In the Speedometer dial:
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-4.jpg

5) Above the Fuel gauge:
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-5.jpg

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 14th May 2014 at 14:18. Reason: Adding another Image.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 15:19   #1730
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Look at the images below and see what all icons are present and what are activated for the Indian market.

1) Above Fuel gauge:
Attachment 1240706

2) In the RPM dial:
Attachment 1240707

3) Below the MID:
Attachment 1240708

4) In the Speedometer dial:
Attachment 1240709

5) Above the Fuel gauge:
Attachment 1240711

Anurag.
Could be because this is shared with Swift and we also have heard of Swift face lift coming with cruise control. Guess these might be designed in tune with international versions right from scratch and also might be designed with future upgrades in mind.
Old 14th May 2014, 15:23   #1731
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Could be because this is shared with Swift and we also have heard of Swift face lift coming with cruise control. Guess these might be designed in tune with international versions right from scratch and also might be designed with future upgrades in mind.
+1 buddy.

What I have posted is of my Swift ZDi's so this design and console is being used in other Swift's (Sold in other nations) so many features are available but not activated to keep costs down in India.

No point in making different instrumentation consoles for different countries else Maruti will go crazy in having inventory and books (aka Manuals). Make a common one and use it everywhere ONLY with the needed features.

Anurag.
Old 14th May 2014, 21:43   #1732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4k_jz View Post

What did you do with the WagonR's misalignment? Is it solved now?
Its there without me bothering about it. Too less of an issue that I am interested about. I loosened some screws and tightened them after holding the parts where they must be and that kind of made things better. Did not want to raise an issue and let the mechanics try various experiments on an issue that didnt cause a problem. Quality wise they have gone down since I also faced an issue of water condensing inside the headlamp assembly. That was serious IMO hence I reported it. They changed both headlamps within two hours and the issue didnt appear with the new ones. Hence I passed it as a one off case.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 21:54   #1733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Its there without me bothering about it. Too less of an issue that I am interested about. I loosened some screws and tightened them after holding the parts where they must be and that kind of made things better. Did not want to raise an issue and let the mechanics try various experiments on an issue that didnt cause a problem. Quality wise they have gone down since I also faced an issue of water condensing inside the headlamp assembly. That was serious IMO hence I reported it. They changed both headlamps within two hours and the issue didnt appear with the new ones. Hence I passed it as a one off case.
Yes, maybe I am sounding too bothered.. Although I am assured with MASS that if required, replacement won't be a tension

Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 16:47   #1734
BHPian

Re: Third Service @10K KM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
Hi all,

4. Have standard issue of small vibration noise from seats or somewhere. Does anybody have found any standard and lasting solution. Service tech is willing and trying but, was unable to solve this issue during first two services

JLS
Hi JLS,

Yes, I'm facing the rear seat vibration noise in my Ertiga too! The SA said the vibrations are due to the art leather seat covers. However, I'm not convinced with his response. I'm planning to take the car to MASS next week for a thorough check-up. I shall remove the seat covers and go for a long test drive. If art leather seat covers are the culprit, I shall change to fabric seat covers.
Old 16th May 2014, 17:00   #1735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Definitely needs central arm-rest for driver, not putting one is big goof-up from maruti and not providing it as MGA is bigger goof-up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Highly unlikely to expect MSIL to either introduce the armrest as part of MGA or as part of limited Edition Ertiga.

But I agree that the armrest is a must in case of a super long drive that one takes up.

I have been contemplating on fitting one in my Ertiga (the way I already have it in WagonR since 3 years) but want to give some time before any DIYs.
Check this,
http://www.suzuki-shop.co.uk/index.c.../Category_ID/2

It is available as an genuine spare for UK version of swift. I wonder why the step motherly treatment for us Indians.

Last edited by dass : 16th May 2014 at 17:01.
Old 16th May 2014, 17:04   #1736
BANNED

Re: Third Service @10K KM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hi JLS,
I shall remove the seat covers and go for a long test drive. If art leather seat covers are the culprit, I shall change to fabric seat covers.
Why don't you try placing some cloth/sponge in between the seats and then go for a long drive to see if the sound that were hearing were from the seat covers. If yes then decide what action to take.

Try it yourself then visit MASS, they spoil the thing.

Anurag.
Old 16th May 2014, 20:42   #1737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Check this,
http://www.suzuki-shop.co.uk/index.c.../Category_ID/2

It is available as an genuine spare for UK version of swift. I wonder why the step motherly treatment for us Indians.
Ertiga needs an armrest for the driver.
The Armrest is very useful during long drive.
Do not know how much Maruti saves for this omission.

I have installed an aftermarket armrest in my LUV.
Old 19th May 2014, 12:36   #1738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
I have installed an aftermarket armrest in my LUV.
Can you please post a picture of your car with the arm rest? Where did you buy the arm rest from and where did you get it fitted?
Old 19th May 2014, 13:05   #1739
BHPian

I own a ZXI. Last weekend, had been to a trip to Mullaiyanagiri hills. This is the highest peak in Karnataka. Those who have gone there would know the kind of approach road to the peak. With 8 people onboard (6 adults, 2 kids), the climb to the top was almost trouble free.

At one place, on the way back, just after the parking lot, the Ertiga refused to climb the incline. I had to ask the family to get down from the car, had to place a stone as a support for the back tyre and then it climbed. Also, I observed that the stock MRF tyres were spinning because of loose soil/gravel.

Do you guys think this could be because of the less torque or tyres? If it is the tyres, then I need to seriously thinking of going for some better grip tyres.

Regards
Suhas
Old 19th May 2014, 13:12   #1740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Can you please post a picture of your car with the arm rest? Where did you buy the arm rest from and where did you get it fitted?
The details are in my ownership thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3436659

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks