Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2014, 15:01   #1861
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Maruti Suzuki has rolled out a Limited Edition variant of the Ertiga to celebrate the sale of 1,50,000 units of the car in the Indian market. The Limited Edition will be available in petrol, diesel and CNG variants at the company's dealerships across the country.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Thanks for the info. Do we know if this special edition is based or limited to the VXi trim only or even available in the ZXi version?
trek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 15:12   #1862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Maruti Suzuki has rolled out a Limited Edition variant of the Ertiga to celebrate the sale of 1,50,000 units of the car in the Indian market. The Limited Edition will be available in petrol, diesel and CNG variants at the company's dealerships across the country.
A Maruti limited edition without a hideous name to go with it? What a surprise!

Seriously, Maruti, instead of wasting your time with pointless limited editions, please, *please* give us an Ertiga with automatic transmission and side/curtain airbags. It'd be the perfect self-driven family vehicle.
Pacifica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 16:45   #1863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifica View Post
The cost of the Limited Edition Kit is INR 6000/-. What on earth did Maruti think before rolling out a Limited Edition Ertiga is beyond my thinking. Wait till tomorrow as I get hold of the pics.

Quote:
Seriously, Maruti, instead of wasting your time with pointless limited editions, please, *please* give us an Ertiga with automatic transmission and side/curtain airbags. It'd be the perfect self-driven family vehicle.
I too have booked an Ertiga Zxi and I don't think there was any urgent need of rolling out a so called Limited Edition on the pretext of selling particular number of units. Actually if they are so fond of doing this gimmick then probably as you said they should revise the car on technical levels but they like to play a safe game without investing much of capital.

I am surprised that in 2 days two hideous looking Limited Editions have come from Maruti.

Thanks.
Old 15th July 2014, 18:11   #1864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Hi everybody,its although disconcerting to hear all those Diesel Ertiga woes,if you guys have had searched on this very thread itself,you would have seen my posts 1 year back having the same problem.

My luck was low,as my Ertiga ZDi was the 1st in Eastern India to face the problem and I suffered for more than two months
Is this problem still seen on cars manufactured recently ? I assume and hope that Maruti has rectified this issue on the cars which are being delivered currently.
Old 15th July 2014, 21:24   #1865
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifica View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Actually if they are so fond of doing this gimmick then probably as you said they should revise the car on technical levels but they like to play a safe game without investing much of capital.
I do feel that Maruti is getting somewhere worried inside seeing the Mobilio and its reviews. Most of it being positive, Maruti is worried that the Ertiga sales will go down once the Mobilio is launched. Hence to keep the car afloat and keep a customer flow for them, such limited edition models come out time-on-time.

Been used to seeing such variants.

Quote:
I am surprised that in 2 days two hideous looking Limited Editions have come from Maruti.
Isn't it three?!

One on the Ritz a.k.a the ELate

Anurag.
Old 15th July 2014, 21:32   #1866
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure why they cant bring in an upgrade to beat the Mobilio heat instead of launching these useless MGA kitted cars. Not a big deal for them. Someone in the management is very lethargic for sure. They launch facelifted versions as slowly as possible. I for one am eagerly waiting for the Ertiga to get an upgrade. Would love a better equipped Zdi which I will plonk money on. I really wont be bothered if they dont upgrade the engine, which is a highly impossible thing. All I need is an ertiga with better ICE, some more creature comforts. Captain seats in the second row will be a bonus, at least if an option is offered. I dont want seven seats. Four spacious seats, with one not so spacious seat is more than enough. Just looking for the better overall interior volume compared to a sedan.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 21:39   #1867
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Not sure why they cant bring in an upgrade to beat the Mobilio heat instead of launching these useless MGA kitted cars. Not a big deal for them. Just looking for the better overall interior volume compared to a sedan.
They will buddy ONCE the Mobilio is launched and at what price it is vis-a-vis the features provided.

It is just a nail biting situation which they are in. Once the Mobilio is out of the basket things will fall in place with the Ertiga too. I can see a update to the Ertiga coming soon then.

Anurag.
Old 15th July 2014, 21:39   #1868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I do feel that Maruti is getting somewhere worried inside seeing the Mobilio and its reviews.
Totally agree with you yaar. Mobilio is tough competitor to Ertiga so no second thoughts. Actually, Maruti is orthodox in thinking when it comes to design and comfort. Be Swift, Dzire or Ertiga all of these have a similar design platform so people were looking for a refreshing design which was served by Honda as Mobilio.

Though I will be seeing it tomorrow but take my word on this, it will be useless. My simple opinion is that if you wan't to insult a good selling car then take out a "Limited Edition".

In 6000/- you can bring out a Limited Edition? Totally insane. Will speak to my uncle on this tomorrow.

Quote:
Isn't it three?!

One on the Ritz a.k.a the ELate
Ertiga and Ritz make 2, What's the 3rd one?

Thanks.
Old 15th July 2014, 21:44   #1869
BANNED

Quote:
Ertiga and Ritz make 2, What's the 3rd one?
Here you go:

1)
Quote:
Maruti Suzuki has rolled out a Limited Edition variant of the Ertiga
2)
Quote:
They have also launched a "football edition"
3)
Quote:
The Ritz Elate
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 23:06   #1870
Senior - BHPian

Maruti should give Ertiga an automatic it can be AMT/CVT instead of these useless minor cosmetic facelift.
I believe now India market is slowly maturing, people want more convenience as our cities are becoming more and more crowded, driving a manual is so tiring (no longer a joy).
An automatic option will definitely improve sales numbers for Maruti and fend off competition (Mobilo) till they launch an automatic option.
Old 15th July 2014, 23:15   #1871
Senior - BHPian

1 serious reason why people could choose the Mobilio over Ertiga is the sheer turbo lag that Ertiga has.

While the iDtec pulls from (IIRC) 1500RPM, the Ertiga's VGT spools after 2000RPM.

If Maruti were to work on that then there'd be a good chance for them to withstand the Mobilio's blow with MUCH less damage than expected.
Old 16th July 2014, 15:00   #1872
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
1 serious reason why people could choose the Mobilio over Ertiga is the sheer turbo lag that Ertiga has.
Not really a major deal breaker to be honest. The 90 BHP from the 1.3L DDiS pulls much better than many counterparts from different stable.

Quote:
While the iDtec pulls from (IIRC) 1500RPM, the Ertiga's VGT spools after 2000RPM.
It actually starts spooling right at 1800 RPM and ideally It is better to upshift at 2000 RPM to remain in league. Of course, at 2200 and beyond, the surge is easily felt than just noticed.

Quote:
If Maruti were to work on that then there'd be a good chance for them to withstand the Mobilio's blow with MUCH less damage than expected.
The Turbo lag is the sheer characteristic of Multijet engines but when you drive various flavors of this VGT in different avatars, you know which one fares well among these.

As mentioned in the Mobilio thread, it is clear that many USPs from this Honda car like split seats, bigger engine and perhaps better FE would be the major reasons for people shifting to Mobilio.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 18:24   #1873
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post

The Ertiga's engine is not that bad to be a dud in sales. Pulls out beautifully and I am astonished by the VGT in that.

I do drive spirited at times in my Swift, the kick that I feel in the Swift is unbelievable but when I am driving the Ertiga, I ease on throttle. It is not a fire breather but yes, does its job very nicely.

The specifications on paper makes the Ertiga look under-powered but it isn't. The 90PS is geared very intelligently.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 18:36   #1874
Senior - BHPian

Folks! Here are the first pics of Ertiga Limited Edition with additional accessories list.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-photo1627.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-photo1628.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-photo1629.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-photo1630.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-photo1633.jpg

Thanks.
ad3952n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 18:43   #1875
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Folks! Here are the first pics of Ertiga Limited Edition with additional accessories list.

Attachment 1262410

I sincerely wish they give the black steering as standard on the upcoming variants. Beige somehow doesnt look so good for a steering wheel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks