Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2014, 14:55   #1906
BANNED

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
So why am I writing this in the official Ertiga thread. Well that is because I came a two Ertigas. One a UP80 number. And another a PB 65 number in those higher reaches. The UP80 number had 5 people and loads of baggage and it was right at Khardungla at 18360 feet height. The roads from Srinagar side are good just the zorilla patch is a bit difficult but other good in all parts. The Manali route is also good. The UP80 Ertiga had driven in from the Manali route. And the PB65 Ertiga had more travel plans around.

At Khardungla I walked up and spoke to the owner of the Ertiga and that family was very pleased with the performance of the Ertiga.
Good to here that sir.

The Ertiga is a very understated car and does its job silently without any drama. From the time I have seen the pricing of the Mobilio, the Ertiga feels so right and VFM to any owner.

Gearing and using the right RPM throughout is the key here which was never an issue with the 1.3 MJD (be it FGT or VGT). Turbo lag turbo lag, heard a lot of it but never complained as it is up to the driver to correctly harness the engine be it on inclines or highway cruising. After all it is 1.3L and not a 2.0L engine that should behave like a fire breather.

Waiting for your travelogue.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 15:12   #1907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Hello

In the last 15 days I found myself in the wonderful Ladakh region. I own a Ertiga but given time and location benefits I was in my brother's Tata Safari Storme. I had the opportunity to drive across Khardungla twice and spent a night in Nubra valley.

So why am I writing this in the official Ertiga thread. Well that is because I came a two Ertigas. One a UP80 number. And another a PB 65 number in those higher reaches. The UP80 number had 5 people and loads of baggage and it was right at Khardungla at 18360 feet height. The roads from Srinagar side are good just the zorilla patch is a bit difficult but other good in all parts. The Manali route is also good. The UP80 Ertiga had driven in from the Manali route. And the PB65 Ertiga had more travel plans around.

On the Srinagar side I found tons of Ertigas some from MH and GJ number series - all packed to the brim and carrying half a dozen Amarnath yatries. They reduced in number at Baltal.

At Khardungla I walked up and spoke to the owner of the Ertiga and that family was very pleased with the performance of the Ertiga.

Originally I had also thought of taking t he Ertiga from Bangalore but my brother stays in Gurgaon and finally it it was decided that we will drive his Storme.

Cheers

Rajain
The information you have shared is testimonial to the versatility of Ertiga. One can use the car as a City Car for daily runs. One can use the car for highway cruising and long journeys with family. For a family of 4+Kids I think the Ertiga does the job to ferry around them ion comfort.

I have driven Ertiga for a bit and have also experienced it from a passenger point of view. I loved the seating position in the vehicle and the effortless driving comfort.

The fact that people are driving up to Himalayas in their Ertiga is purely Inspiring.

All this backed by the excellent MJD Engine and Maruti ASS I am sure that we will see more and more Ertigas on the road.

People who were eagerly awaiting the Mobilio have all the good reasons to head to a Maruti showroom soon.

Last edited by alokgunhal : 24th July 2014 at 15:13.
alokgunhal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 19:54   #1908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
There have been instances where the Ertiga owners have complained about the seats rattling due to excessive play. To be honest, I faced this problem only with the first row seats only after getting the seat covers done.

Apparently, the seat cover chap had ignored torquing the bolts properly resulting in more than usual play and the seats were shaking when there were no passengers on it.

I checked a few Ertigas owned by colleagues and at the Service center and realised that the play was more than usual and hence suspected the hinge bolts to be loose. Fixed this in under 10 minutes while I was in Rajkot in Jan 2014.

Now that owners are complaining about this "Issue", I managed to take things apart this morning and took pictures to help understand how to fix this issue for the 1st and 2nd row seats.

Please note that I have explained this pictorially for the Front Row left as well as second row left seats and the logic is applicable to the right counterparts as well.

Note:
The 3rd Row play is excessive and since this has no reclining feature and the fact that the seat back doesn't get locked using the typical hook mechanism, I will try to assess the 3rd row and share the details on how to plug the play to reduce the rattle/noise cause due to shaking when there are no passengers.
@paragsachania

I took delivery of my Ertiga ZXI with Alloy- vehicle is of June 2014 VIN & finished 6kms when I did my PDI at stockyard and 21kms when I took the delivery at showroom last friday. To my surprise, the seat rattling started the very next day of delivery.

I took the car all the way to the same showroom and they did something similar to what you have explained and though it seemed to fix the problem (atleast for sometime), seats started to rattle within couple of hours again.

Is there no permanent fix for this? these rattles are really annoying me especially in a new car.
Old 25th July 2014, 16:32   #1909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_ans View Post
@paragsachania

I took delivery of my Ertiga ZXI with Alloy- vehicle is of June 2014 VIN & finished 6kms when I did my PDI at stockyard and 21kms when I took the delivery at showroom last friday. To my surprise, the seat rattling started the very next day of delivery.

I took the car all the way to the same showroom and they did something similar to what you have explained and though it seemed to fix the problem (atleast for sometime), seats started to rattle within couple of hours again.

Is there no permanent fix for this? these rattles are really annoying me especially in a new car.
I took delivery of my ZXi on June 25th, its April 2014 VIN and I haven't faced any rattling so far (touch wood). I have covered around 2000 odd KMS.
Old 25th July 2014, 16:37   #1910
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@paragsachania

I haven't faced this issue except that the art leather seat covers sound squeaky when the split seats rub against each other.

I also mentioned somewhere that the Headrests if pulled up shake and make some noises too. Keep them down if no one is seated at back.

Apart from that, confirm the source of noise if from seats at all. There are reports of noise from Rear AC Blower unit as well.

I am not sure as of now, but may need to find out a fix to this issue that I am not facing as of now .
Old 25th July 2014, 17:38   #1911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
I took delivery of my ZXi on June 25th, its April 2014 VIN and I haven't faced any rattling so far (touch wood). I have covered around 2000 odd KMS.
hmmm... might be something to do with what Parag mentioned - due to Seat covers. I got MGA seat covers fixed on mine on the same day of delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I haven't faced this issue except that the art leather seat covers sound squeaky when the split seats rub against each other.

I also mentioned somewhere that the Headrests if pulled up shake and make some noises too. Keep them down if no one is seated at back.

Apart from that, confirm the source of noise if from seats at all. There are reports of noise from Rear AC Blower unit as well.

I am not sure as of now, but may need to find out a fix to this issue that I am not facing as of now .
Headrests in my Ertiga are all the way down, may be it could be due to the seat covers (MGA ones fitted on the Delivery day). I will try to identify the source of this rattle sound this weekend.
Old 25th July 2014, 17:47   #1912
BHPian

Quote:
hmmm... might be something to do with what Parag mentioned - due to Seat covers. I got MGA seat covers fixed on mine on the same day of delivery.
I have not added any seat covers, I find the upholstery comfortable.
Old 25th July 2014, 17:52   #1913
BANNED

Quote:
If you haven't added seat covers then please try and find the source of the vibration so that it'll be easy for us to understand.

Anurag.
Old 25th July 2014, 19:57   #1914
BHPian

Quote:
Okay, I guess that makes it more evident that seat covers could be the culprit causing the unwanted rattles in my Ertiga. Let me check thoroughly tomorrow. Will keep you all posted.
Old 27th July 2014, 20:51   #1915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Has anyone tried getting the front grille of the Indonesian version ertiga?
It looks nice and gives a plush look. Recently saw it on the limited edition and would like to have it on mine too. But couldn't source it till now. Will Maruti sell it as an accessory? If not , where can I get one?
Old 27th July 2014, 21:27   #1916
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4k_jz View Post
Has anyone tried getting the front grille of the Indonesian version ertiga?
Are you referring to this: http://paultan.org/2014/02/20/suzuki...y-indonesia-4/
or
http://www.rushlane.com/wp-content/u...-5-600x385.jpg
or
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2NucvyxY_M...4df279b351.jpg

Quote:
Recently saw it on the limited edition and would like to have it on mine too. But couldn't source it till now.
Try out Autopsyche, Auto Marc or if possible get in touch with a DC outlet in Delhi-NCR. Also try out Snap Deal etc.

It's next to impossible to think that Maruti will be providing it as an accessory.

Thanks
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 01:12   #1917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post

Try out Autopsyche, Auto Marc or if possible get in touch with a DC outlet in Delhi-NCR. Also try out Snap Deal etc.

It's next to impossible to think that Maruti will be providing it as an accessory.
Any aftermarket would be an aftermarket. What I am looking for is the original one. Since it is available in the limited edition ertiga, I assume they might have it as a spare part( I wish they do!)
Yes! A grille can't be an accessory.
BTW I am looking for this exactly : http://indianautosblog.com/wp-conten...a-1024x771.jpg
Old 28th July 2014, 09:36   #1918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any aftermarket would be an aftermarket. What I am looking for is the original one.

BTW I am looking for this exactly : http://indianautosblog.com/wp-conten...a-1024x771.jpg
Well let me check if one of it can be sourced from Maruti ASC. Will speak to my uncle and let you know. I'll mark a PM as soon as I get a revert over this.

Thanks.
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 10:04   #1919
BANNED

Quote:
Since it is available in the limited edition ertiga, I assume they might have it as a spare part( I wish they do!)

Yes! A grille can't be an accessory.
BTW I am looking for this exactly
Yes, you can order that part from your ASC.

Contact your service / sales head. He can order the part or try Aliexpress website.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 19:20   #1920
Distinguished - BHPian

Kind of a technical doubt which I am sure of a salesman or his manager or even the service guys not giving a satisfactory reply. If anyone knows in detail about the AC in the ertiga, I wanted to know what happens to the refrigerant in the Rear evaporator when the blower isn't used? Is the flow of refrigerant stopped when the rear blower isn't used? Some other cars like the Evalia, Innova, Mobilio have a switch to power up the rear AC which I think is also used to control the flow of refrigerant gas.

Suppose the gas circulates through the rear evaporator without fresh air passing through it, it will start forming icicles and eventually corrode in the long run. How I this issue addressed in the mobilio? Even if the evaporator is made out of a corrosion resistant material, the accumulated water will also promote microbial growth since the drain pipe will not completely dry the area always.

Most Viewed