Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2014, 13:20   #2011
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay4060 View Post
Hi
can you please give more details on RAT deterrent treatment being done to your car. I have tried many solutions including the Ultrasonic Sensors but nothing worked for me.
Its basically a spray of some sort that they apply on the wires and such areas which can be of interest to the RAT in question. This spray is supposed to cause some irritation to the RATs breathing causing it to theoretically look for more comfortable environments for itself and family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congratulations for getting the ZXi.

I agree with Parag on staying away from these bumper guard. Rear spoiler you can get at MGA same would be be selling at the MGA shop.

The ZXi steering wheel from Swift can be retro-fit I guess.

+1

Anurag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
Thanks Parag, very valid point. I didn't think about it. So dropping this idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
Another Ertiga joins the club! We got delivery of Zxi yesterday. Looking for suggestions on few accessories. I took the prices from Kalyani motors,but are quite high i think.

Overall booking and delivery experience is just average. I had high hopes on Kalyani motors, but turned out to be just average. They couldn't get it done on the day they promised.

Any suggestions for rear bumber guard (hiker type), reverse parking sensor, rear spoiler. Anything else that can be a value add, please suggest.

Wishlist: If I could change the steering to a black one, it would be great. Is there any possibility of this?
If you have a Zxi with Airbags, any sort of aftermarket bumper or crash guards are a Big NO. Only thing acceptable would be fiber skirting, but thats only a cosmetic add on anyway.

Last edited by latentpotential : 1st September 2014 at 13:24. Reason: Word
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 14:09   #2012
BHPian

Thanks; just give me your feedback on this spray may be after a month or so. Since rats follow their own smell and mostly have fixed path; this solution may be effective.

But spray smell / its property to cause irritation should be strong enough to last long. Will wait for your feedback and its effectiveness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Its basically a spray of some sort that they apply on the wires and such areas which can be of interest to the RAT in question. This spray is supposed to cause some irritation to the RATs breathing causing it to theoretically look for more comfortable environments for itself and family.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th September 2014 at 12:17. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 1st September 2014, 14:41   #2013
BHPian

I am getting weird smell coming from my car A/C. I think it’s because of mildew growth inside A/C chamber. I tried sprays available on Ebay but it didn’t work for very long.
I tried Switching off the a/c 5 minutes before switching off the car ignition; it worked for a few months but now this smell again started troubling me. So far Changed 3 filters.
My A/C drain isn’t clogged; I tried switching on the heater for a few minutes but it seems nothing is working.
Any of the Ertiga owners facing similar problem? And a possible effective solution.
Old 1st September 2014, 15:46   #2014
BHPian

Quote:
I am getting weird smell coming from my car A/C. I think it’s because of mildew growth inside A/C chamber. I tried sprays available on Ebay but it didn’t work for very long.
I tried Switching off the a/c 5 minutes before switching off the car ignition; it worked for a few months but now this smell again started troubling me. So far Changed 3 filters.
My A/C drain isn’t clogged; I tried switching on the heater for a few minutes but it seems nothing is working.
Any of the Ertiga owners facing similar problem? And a possible effective solution.
There is a thread with lots of DIY solutions. Link given below:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-fan-hvac.html
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 16:16   #2015
BHPian

Thanks; I am following this thread; last one to post was me. I am still trying various methods suggested in this forum; but not getting a long lasting solution.
Since I own a Ertiga; I wanted to have an opinion of Ertiga owners if they have faced or facing similar problem.
Anyway my 20K servicing is due; hope A/C cleaning will give some good results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
There is a thread with lots of DIY solutions. Link given below:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-fan-hvac.html
ajay4060 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 16:41   #2016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarB View Post
Ok here are the pics you requested. I have captured how it looks on the HU screen and how it looks from outside just to give you an idea of the distance and the lighting conditions

These are night time shots, taken approx at 8 or 8:30 PM
The view on HU
Attachment 1278652

and these are taken today morning, approx at 9 AM
The view on HU
Attachment 1278650
Its a good idea to configure the camera in such a way that the tip of the rear bumper is also visible to give the exact distance available.

I drive a Mazda cx9 whose rear bumper protrudes a little further from where the camera is mounted and hence i could not make out the distance from the camera even though there is audio beep alert also. Hence the above observation.
arunu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 19:07   #2017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunu View Post
Its a good idea to configure the camera in such a way that the tip of the rear bumper is also visible to give the exact distance available.

I drive a Mazda cx9 whose rear bumper protrudes a little further from where the camera is mounted and hence i could not make out the distance from the camera even though there is audio beep alert also. Hence the above observation.
Thanks for your suggestion arunu. I think the rear view camera on your car came factory fitted, and in my experience, these are mostly fitted above the number plates, somewhere on the rear hatch, please correct me if I am wrong. In my case, this is an aftermarket fitment, and the camera is actually fitted on the rear bumper (by drilling a hole in the center of the bumper).
KedarB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 19:31   #2018
BHPian

A solution that has worked well with me all these years as far as keeping the car fresh is concerned is keeping a 'odonil' under a seat. After a few days the foul AC smell also no longer comes.

This is a cheap and effective solution - works when seats have rotten food particles, AC foul smell, spilt cold drinks, a pet in the car or cigarette smoke smell. After a long journey of several hours and a few people in the car - there is bound to be some smell. Consider giving 'odonil' solution a check out. Its worked for me for several years.

Cheers
Rajain
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 20:34   #2019
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks; I am following this thread; last one to post was me. I am still trying various methods suggested in this forum; but not getting a long lasting solution.
Since I own a Ertiga; I wanted to have an opinion of Ertiga owners if they have faced or facing similar problem.
Anyway my 20K servicing is due; hope A/C cleaning will give some good results.
Have you got the AC filter added? It could help perhaps.
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 20:38   #2020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Wow such an expensive boring service!

Can I know what all was done for the bill to reach 10K?

Dad's Ertiga completed 10K service and the bill came upto Rs 4177 IIRC.

Anurag.
My Ertiga's 10K service bill came to 2246 only. I wonder why the disparity?
Old 1st September 2014, 20:40   #2021
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post

My Ertiga's 10K service bill came to 2246 only. I wonder why the disparity?
What engine oil was used? Can you post the bill please?!

Anurag.
Old 1st September 2014, 22:17   #2022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarB View Post
Thanks for your suggestion arunu. I think the rear view camera on your car came factory fitted, and in my experience, these are mostly fitted above the number plates, somewhere on the rear hatch, please correct me if I am wrong. In my case, this is an aftermarket fitment, and the camera is actually fitted on the rear bumper (by drilling a hole in the center of the bumper).
Thanks for the correction. Yes my car came with factory fitted multimedia system and as pointed by you its fitted below the hatch release handle and hence bumper is visible.

Is there a possibility to fit the aftermarket cameras above the number plate sils.??
Old 2nd September 2014, 19:22   #2023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunu View Post
Thanks for the correction. Yes my car came with factory fitted multimedia system and as pointed by you its fitted below the hatch release handle and hence bumper is visible.

Is there a possibility to fit the aftermarket cameras above the number plate sils.??
I did inquire about this, I also wanted it over there but the fitter said it's not possible. Later I thought its for the best. When this was fitted in the bumper, they drilled a hole in it. Above the number plate sill, drilling a hole in the metal would be a very bad idea for an after market fitting.
Old 3rd September 2014, 09:56   #2024
BHPian

I think I found the Problem. I always keep my a/c in Re circulation Mode. This also leads to mildew growth. Now for last 2 days I have started keeping my car A/C in Fresh Air Mode most of the time. This seems to be working as of now.
Odonil is very strong. And for A/C Smell it will not be effective; it can be a good solution for cabin smell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
A solution that has worked well with me all these years as far as keeping the car fresh is concerned is keeping a 'odonil' under a seat. After a few days the foul AC smell also no longer comes.

This is a cheap and effective solution - works when seats have rotten food particles, AC foul smell, spilt cold drinks, a pet in the car or cigarette smoke smell. After a long journey of several hours and a few people in the car - there is bound to be some smell. Consider giving 'odonil' solution a check out. Its worked for me for several years.

Cheers
Rajain
Old 3rd September 2014, 10:01   #2025
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think I found the Problem. I always keep my a/c in Re circulation Mode. This also leads to mildew growth. Now for last 2 days I have started keeping my car A/C in Fresh Air Mode most of the time. This seems to be working as of now.
Odonil is very strong. And for A/C Smell it will not be effective; it can be a good solution for cabin smell.
One solution that has worked effectively for me, is to switch off the a/c sometime before reaching the destination for the night. Switching off the car (when parking for long time, eg: overnight) with the ducts still cold allows condensation and fungus formation.

Similarly, you could use the heater mode once in a while as well.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed