Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2015, 20:23   #2401
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The images do not show the Button for AC (with "AC" on it) and I only see the button for Fresh Air-Internal Circulation exists.

Also, the door levers are not chrome which is a case with V and Z variants but I do see Audio control buttons on the steering wheel.

Can't say if they won't come with Auto Climate Control AC at all but considering that the rear cooling Unit is heavily dependent on the primary AC, I wonder if Ertiga facelift will have ACC at all.
+1 Parag. Even I was wondering about the lack of a button for AC and the temperature contol showing only cool range.
Old 20th August 2015, 22:12   #2402
Distinguished - BHPian

More on the facelift - Ertiga.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-0_468_700_http___172_17_115_180_82_extraimages_20150820074259_ertiga_fl.jpg

The interior layout though remains unchanged from the current model. The refreshed Ertiga gets new upholstery, 50:50 folding third row seats, electric folding wing mirrors, driver window auto-up function and new interior trim colours. Suzuki also claims to have improved sound insulation in the cabin. For the Indian market, the facelifted Ertiga is also expected to get the addition of keyless entry and go, climate control and Maruti’s SmartPlay infotainment system. It could also get different upholstery and interior trim colours.

The engines will be carried over from the current model, but are expected be tweaked to deliver improved fuel efficiency.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-397021.aspx
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 22:16   #2403
@KP
BHPian

Well, still no confirmation on possible AMT, eh??
Old 21st August 2015, 09:19   #2404
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
Well, still no confirmation on possible AMT, eh??
Here is some news,ET confirms Ertiga will come with -Suzuki Hybrid Vehicle System (SHVS), a mild hybrid system mated with a 1.3 litre diesel engine, in October.
Expect the Facelift to have this variant after the release of Ciaz -SHVS variant in September.

The SHVS variant iss likely to be priced aggressively, which may be at a marginal premium, or Rs 25,000 to Rs 40,000 costlier, and will be the bench mark in Fuel efficiency.

Quote:
The same technology will make its way in Ertiga hybrid in October and it may be fitted in all 1.3 litre diesel engine cars of Maruti Suzuki in the future.
http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...t-car/48569210
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 14:01   #2405
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here is some news,ET confirms Ertiga will come with -Suzuki Hybrid Vehicle System (SHVS), a mild hybrid system mated with a 1.3 litre diesel engine, in October.
Expect the Facelift to have this variant after the release of Ciaz -SHVS variant in September.

The SHVS variant iss likely to be priced aggressively, which may be at a marginal premium, or Rs 25,000 to Rs 40,000 costlier, and will be the bench mark in Fuel efficiency.
This is great news! Just curious, why not introduce it in petrol versions as well?
Old 21st August 2015, 14:58   #2406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
This is great news! Just curious, why not introduce it in petrol versions as well?
Ouch... The burning question. Why not everything in every model. I am dreading the news that the automatic will be only available in Petrol.

So far so good, I am very happy with the package the new Ertiga will offer. Looks like my search for new car is finally coming to an end.
Old 22nd August 2015, 15:24   #2407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
+

+

It is a conventional CVT and not an AMT.

AMT will be first put in the WagonR and Dzire. Only then will it see coming into the Ertiga.

I am shocked to see no ACC in this facelift too and beige dashboard (upper part). I was expecting a black dashboard (top layer).
It is not a CVT, it is a 4 speed TC or torque converter transmission that is found in the Ciaz and Dzire AT. The transmission can be expected instead of the AMT. I guess they will first try the DZIRE ZDI AMT before trying it in the Ertiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Ouch... The burning question. Why not everything in every model. I am dreading the news that the automatic will be only available in Petrol.

So far so good, I am very happy with the package the new Ertiga will offer. Looks like my search for new car is finally coming to an end.
The only reason i can think of for not adding the AT in diesel is that the transmission cannot handle the additional torque of the diesel. 130nm in petrol vs 200nm of diesel.

Last edited by rockporiom : 22nd August 2015 at 15:28.
Old 23rd August 2015, 11:25   #2408
BHPian

A short video review of Ertiga facelift!

MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 21:56   #2409
BHPian

How is the resale value of Ertiga. I've a company registered Ertiga cng which I'm planning to sale. Car is less than 2 years old and done 13k Km . Any pointers will help.
Old 24th August 2015, 10:43   #2410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
How is the resale value of Ertiga. I've a company registered Ertiga cng which I'm planning to sale. Car is less than 2 years old and done 13k Km . Any pointers will help.
Hi saurabhkum,

Ertiga has excellent resale value in used car market.
Various portals are offering used car valuation.

http://www.carwale.com/used/carvaluation/

http://www.cartrade.com/car-valuation

You can check your car valuation in these above links.
Check in the portal and also cross check the local price from a used car dealer in your area.

You can post ad in OLX or like portal for better deal.
Old 24th August 2015, 15:41   #2411
Senior - BHPian

Not sure how but i have a feeling that Maruti has done some changes and increased the space inside little bit. Or it is just a illusion? If its true, its a great news for sure. I hope in India they will launch with Black and Beige color combination for interiors, which they had for limited edition. It looks much better than current colors. Also they should include some nice features like electrical folding mirrors, touch screen infotainment system, reverse camera etc. And one more thing Maruti, please launch it in black color as we have seen in photos. Looks cool. Do all these changes and you have a ready customer for you. Eagerly waiting for this now

Last edited by aniketi : 24th August 2015 at 15:42.
Old 25th August 2015, 10:44   #2412
BHPian

By the way guys, did you check this out, the "Ertiga Crossover"?! Looks neat, most of the chrome replaced with black!

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/48648301.cms
Old 27th August 2015, 11:22   #2413
@KP
BHPian

Yup. Looks really neat. But I really don't think this will make its way to India!!
@KP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 13:11   #2414
Senior - BHPian

Can the Ertiga petrol owners share how much real world mileage they are getting? Both for city driving and highway driving (no load condition - only driver and full load condition 6-7 passengers and luggage).

Also with 6 passengers and their luggage does the petrol Ertiga cleanly pulls on the ghat roads or steep inclines?

Edit: Is there any Ertiga niggles thread on the forum like that of the XUV niggles or the new Honda City niggles thread? If the sale of my Innova-V goes well then I may opt for the Ertiga ZXi. There is no other vehicle currently available in the market which can pip the Ertiga for my requirements.

Last edited by ampere : 29th August 2015 at 17:25. Reason: Merged back to back posts
Old 29th August 2015, 14:23   #2415
BHPian

No AMT is not good. AMT with their recent technology upgrade on the Ciaz engine would have been great package overall.
Thank god, Maruti did not up the Ertiga and call it an SUV like Honda did it with the Mobilio and called BR-V(?)

Ah, time for insurance renewal... Premium doesn't come down at all A zero dep policy for a 2013 registered ZDI with an IDV of 6.9L is still 18k to start with. What's the best way to get it cheap? online/call/person?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Can the Ertiga petrol owners share how much real world mileage they are getting? Both for city driving and highway driving (no load condition - only driver and full load condition 6-7 passengers and luggage).
Below are the figures of my ZDI fuel consumption (Tankful-tankful). Combined Load/No-Load. Not sure of the petrol model though.
Best=19 kmpl
Average=17/18 kmpl
Worst=12 - 15 kmpl

I have noticed a huge improvement in fuel efficiency when within 80-100 kmph limit. Damn, it sips more when the speed just goes up by 20 kmph
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Edit: Is there any Ertiga niggles thread on the forum like that of the XUV niggles or the new Honda City niggles thread? If the sale of my Innova-V goes well then I may opt for the Ertiga ZXi. There is no other vehicle currently available in the market which can pip the Ertiga for my requirements.
Why replacing your Innova with Ertiga? Not sure if you have mentioned that in your ownership review but Ertiga wont disappoint you. It will manage to do what Innova did but not so effortlessly.
ganesc is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed