Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2015, 18:22   #2491
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Lots of people saying that it don't have AMT or proper diesel Automatic. Not sure how AMT will work for this car, I guess it will be very dull in performance for such big car which is designed for 5+2, that's why I guess Maruti is not thinking of it. Normal automatic they are bringing but not sure if it will be good performer or not. From all previous Maruti automatic reports, looks like it will not be great. They will bring it in Vxi only as normally automatics has very limited volumes. Diesel automatic they don't have readily available I guess. I would also love if they can launch good diesel AT.

Anyways, I am not very sure how much AT will work for this particular segment. This is a UV vehicle, mostly driven by men and very popular in commercial and people mover segment where manual is preferable.
Old 29th September 2015, 18:42   #2492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
Exactly!! Come on MSIL... Give us AT/AMT with ZXi as well...
Would you really buy a 4 speed AT? Its old school and totally outdated to have a 4 speed AT in this day and age. Maruti seriously, the competition is already romping it on all cylinders and you are launching blast from the past.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th September 2015 at 21:15. Reason: u > you.
Old 29th September 2015, 20:22   #2493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csanand View Post
I have a generic question related to USB car chargers. I'm posting it here since I would use it in my Ertiga. Would a car charger bought in the US work here - is the size of the charging socket and the input the same worldwide?
Yes it is. If there, I recommend getting the AmazonBasics chargers - they are reliable and sturdy and offer faster charging.
invidious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 21:07   #2494
BHPian

I was waiting for this launch since a long time, finally heard back from a couple of dealers, they have undergone training etc from MSIL so launch is imminent. Apart from what has been reported here one good thing i heard was that airbags are going to be an option even in the base LXi variant and there are going to be many more variants/trim levels that will be on offer.
cyberwhizs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 21:18   #2495
Distinguished - BHPian

While an AT Ertiga is good news, no point providing an AT for the sake of an AT, that too in VXi trim. Their current AT offerings, Ritz and Dzire are also on the VXi trim and hardly anybody buys them. Being an old school 4 speed AT does not help either.

Only the Ciaz AT is somewhat more popular (still nowhere close to the City CVT or even the VAG DSG's), but that is primarily due to the fact that the AT is available in multiple trims (with safety features) and Ciaz as a package is more desirable.
Old 29th September 2015, 21:27   #2496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
I was waiting for this launch since a long time, finally heard back from a couple of dealers, they have undergone training etc from MSIL so launch is imminent. Apart from what has been reported here one good thing i heard was that airbags are going to be an option even in the base LXi variant and there are going to be many more variants/trim levels that will be on offer.
That is really a good news and thanks for sharing that update. I think MSIL if following the Ciaz strategy for Ertiga as well. There may be variants like Vxi/Vdi Vxi(O)/Vdi(O) Vxi+/Vdi+ Zxi/Zdi Zxi+/Zdi+, which will give a wide array of choice for potential customers depending on their budget and desired feature list.

cyberwhizs did you get a chance to discuss with them on the pricing front, especially for the diesel variants. Is MSIL going to adopt a strategy similar to that of the Ciaz, wherein they priced the SHVS variants lower than it predecessor? Can you try to get some insights on pricing front?
Old 29th September 2015, 23:39   #2497
BHPian

Ertiga facelift...finally will be launched. Was wondering what took so long for MSIL to launch this, but I guess they were trying to integrate the SHVS technology into this one. With the demise of Lodgy and Mobilio there is no competition for Ertiga in its category (5+2 LUV). This facelift and new tech addition will definitely bury Mobilio and Lodgy for good. Innova will not be impacted as it is in a different league altogether.

My in laws have been looking for an upgrade (currently have a Zen Estilo) to a 5/7 seater and they almost closed in on Mobilio. I advised them against it and informed them about the upcoming Ertiga facelift. I'm sure they will be glad to go for this.

Any idea on launch and sale dates?
Old 30th September 2015, 08:24   #2498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post

Any idea on launch and sale dates?
As reported by a majority of auto portals, the expected launch date of the facelift is 10th Oct. Sale should start immediately after that provided MSIL stocks up sufficient inventory at its various dealerships. It would be better to check at your nearest dealership.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 10:29   #2499
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like we jumped the gun in bashing Maruti. This latest article indicates Driver Airbag as standard and a different variant nomenclature.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-marutiertigafaceliftvariantwisefeatures.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-marutiertigafaceliftgearshiftindicator880x1024.jpg

Quote:
  • Maruti Ertiga facelift L – Manual AC, Power steering, Tilt steering, Seat belt reminder buzzer and driver-side airbag
  • Maruti Ertiga facelift L (O) – Features of the L variant plus: front passenger airbag, ABS and EBD, pretensioner and force limiter
  • Maruti Ertiga facelift V – Features of the L (O) variant plus: electrically-adjustable and folding ORVMs, integrated turn indicator on the ORVMs, audio system with Bluetooth, USB, AUX-in and CD, keyless entry, rear AC, front and rear power windows, reverse parking sensor, chrome grille, second row power socket, 50:50 split for third row
  • Maruti Ertiga facelift Z – Features of the V variant plus: alloy wheels, rear wiper and defogger, height-adjustable driver seat, steering mounted audio controls
  • Maruti Ertiga facelift Z+ – Features of the Z variant plus: Smart key with engine starter button, reverse parking camera, SmartPlay touchscreen entertainment system

Maruti will also offer the V petrol variant of the Ertiga facelift with a 4-speed automatic transmission in addition to a 5-speed manual.

Source Link

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 30th September 2015 at 10:38.
Rajeevraj is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 10:33   #2500
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Looks like we jumped the gun in bashing Maruti.
From the same link above, the instrumentation console seems to be more lifted from the Ciaz and also incorporates the gear shift indicator for optimal fuel efficiency.

AT in VXI trim and addition of SHVS too.
Old 30th September 2015, 11:24   #2501
@KP
BHPian

Again, why no AT in Z+ trim?
Old 30th September 2015, 12:20   #2502
Senior - BHPian

Airbags + ABS option right from L(O) variant. Good work Maruti ! This makes it one of the most affordable safe mile muncher.
fz_rider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 12:43   #2503
hnp

In facelift V variant it says second row ACC socket, does that mean Automatic Climate Control is coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnp View Post
In facelift V variant it says second row ACC socket, does that mean Automatic Climate Control is coming?
It must just be a charging socket! ACC = Accessory?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th September 2015 at 16:13. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
Old 30th September 2015, 13:32   #2504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
It must just be a charging socket! ACC = Accessory?
You seem to have answered your question yourself. Yes it will be Accessory socket (in the text below it is mentioned second row power socket).

I think Maruti has given a skip to the Auto Climate Control (ACC). How much that would have cost MSIL? I think the Z+ variant deserved the ACC. I believe the Innova provides ACC in both "V" and "Z" variants.

Nevertheless the top end is now fully loaded, barring the ACC. 40-50K (onroad) premium for Z+ variant over the current prices of ZDi seems reasonable. Anything below that or if Maruti comes out with a surprise pricing like that of the Ciaz, then that will be "Diwali bonus"
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 19:58   #2505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Lots of people saying that it don't have AMT or proper diesel Automatic. Not sure how AMT will work for this car, I guess it will be very dull in performance for such big car which is designed for 5+2, that's why I guess Maruti is not thinking of it. Normal automatic they are bringing but not sure if it will be good performer or not. From all previous Maruti automatic reports, looks like it will not be great. They will bring it in Vxi only as normally automatics has very limited volumes. Diesel automatic they don't have readily available I guess. I would also love if they can launch good diesel AT.

Anyways, I am not very sure how much AT will work for this particular segment. This is a UV vehicle, mostly driven by men and very popular in commercial and people mover segment where manual is preferable.
Adding to my previous comments only.

With this latest info on variants, I am really happy about it. Maruti is spot on this time ( they are always actually ) with feature list & adding Airbags as standard starting from base variant is just a great news for me. They are setting example here & others will get shock for sure. With this launching in market at current or slightly more price is bye bye for Mobilio, Enjoy and Lodgy. Those are already struggling and with new Ertiga they have very little chance now. May be with this they will steal some sales from Innova as well. Waiting for right pricing and my cheque is ready. Dreaming of one for myself this Diwali
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks