Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2015, 20:27   #2506
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
With this launching in market at current or slightly more price is bye bye for Mobilio, Enjoy and Lodgy. Those are already struggling and with new Ertiga they have very little chance now.
+1 to that. No one really understands Indian car market as Maruti does, they know the pulse of the customer. Ertiga cannot boast of a single extraordinary feature/ specification compared to the above competition, but when it comes to the overall package, none of the above can come even close to Ertiga.

Quote:
May be with this they will steal some sales from Innova as well.
Count me in, I might be one of them. Though I have to get rid of my Innova for a different reason, I was looking forward to the all new powerful (150ps Innova with 6 gears and automatic). But there is no concrete information when it will be launched and I am sure Toyota is going to charge a huge premium over the existing prices (which itself are through the roof)

Quote:
Waiting for right pricing and my cheque is ready. Dreaming of one for myself this Diwali
Irrespective of the prices, my cheque is ready for the top end ZDi+ (or Z+) whatever the nomenclature.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 21:38   #2507
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Maruti is finally giving importance to safety.

A value for money product in its segment.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-marutiertigafaceliftvariantwisefeatures.jpg  

Last edited by SRK : 30th September 2015 at 21:42.
SRK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 22:26   #2508
BHPian

I bought my ertiga Zdi in June and now feeling a bit shortchanged. Rear split seats and electric foldable ORVM are the key regrets that I have now. Will it be possible to replace the current seats with split seats for the third row
Old 30th September 2015, 23:49   #2509
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
I bought my ertiga Zdi in June and now feeling a bit shortchanged. Rear split seats and electric foldable ORVM are the key regrets that I have now. Will it be possible to replace the current seats with split seats for the third row
Any purchase done before the launch of the facelift for any car is more sort of a gamble. We can't say it'll either be feature enriched or deprived. In this case the features were increased. So it is a never ending game.

Regarding your question on seats, yes it can be done but not now I guess. Contact your MASS and ask them about this change. Once the spares are available you can get the seats of ZDi+ and change it to the seats you have.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 10:37   #2510
BHPian

The rattling problem in my Ertiga VDi middle row seat is still not gone. Has anyone found any remedy? I've tried some of the recommendations given in this forum, like tightening the screws below the seats etc. Maruti Service centre is of no use.
Old 1st October 2015, 11:22   #2511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nistala View Post
The rattling problem in my Ertiga VDi middle row seat is still not gone. Has anyone found any remedy? I've tried some of the recommendations given in this forum, like tightening the screws below the seats etc. Maruti Service centre is of no use.
Two of my friends has Ertiga and never heard of such problem. Not sure what exactly is the problem but i guess some sound is coming from middle row seats is what i understand. May be you can try by providing some rubber insulation from where sound come, it will give cushioning it needed and sound will not come.
Old 1st October 2015, 11:43   #2512
hnp

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
You can get the third row split yourself, follow this DIY http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...oot-space.html
Old 1st October 2015, 15:11   #2513
Senior - BHPian

Now it is the turn of Autocar India to publish the Ertiga facelift variants features:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kly_newsletter

Quote:
The Ertiga’s interiors remain visually similar to the outgoing car. The car boasts improved NVH levels, and gets the addition of electric folding wing mirrors, keyless entry, climate control, driver window auto-up function, an engine stop-start button, and Maruti’s SmartPlay infotainment system with a 7-inch touchscreen display. On the safety front, all variants of the Ertiga come with dual airbags up front, and ABS with EBD, save for the base ‘L’ trim, which only gets a driver-side airbag.
Refer the bold portion above. So as per ACI, the facelift will sport the Auto Climate Control, don't know how far this is true and only the 10th Oct launch will clarify this.
Old 1st October 2015, 19:22   #2514
Senior - BHPian

Now it is the turn of ZigWheels to publish the Ertiga facelift features and launch date:

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...r-10th/23181/2

Interestingly they have quoted this:
Quote:
The 2015 Maruti Ertiga will be offered in six colour shades that include superior white, silky silver, granite grey, serene blue, pearl blue blaze, and radiant beige.
From the existing color palette, Dusky Brown, Ecru Beige and Firebrick Red are missing and there is an addition of Pearl Blue Blaze and Radiant Beige. Is this a darker shade of blue?
Old 1st October 2015, 22:42   #2515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Looks like Maruti is finally giving importance to safety.

A value for money product in its segment.
Jolly good man, I was a bit apprehensive about only vxi getting automatic option, but looks like the new vxi almost ticks all the boxes I wanted...except two: steering mounted audio controls and parking cam (driver seat height adjust would have been good too!!).

Having said that, I'm sure parking cam can be fitted aftermarket.

How about the steering controls? Can those be fitted later? And then am assuming that the Bluetooth enabled audio in vxi automatic would support telephony, right?

Can someone please confirm?!
Old 1st October 2015, 23:02   #2516
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvt77 View Post
Jolly good man, I was a bit apprehensive about only vxi getting automatic option, but looks like the new vxi almost ticks all the boxes I wanted...except two: steering mounted audio controls and parking cam (driver seat height adjust would have been good too!!).

Having said that, I'm sure parking cam can be fitted aftermarket.

How about the steering controls? Can those be fitted later? And then am assuming that the Bluetooth enabled audio in vxi automatic would support telephony, right?
  1. Drivers height adjustable seats;
  2. Parking Cam

The above two can be done in any car.

Regarding the steering controls, it is possible but a very lengthy work as one needs to get the buttons (steering from the top variant) and then the wiring. It is not impossible though.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 04:46   #2517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
  2. Parking Cam

Regarding the steering controls, it is possible but a very lengthy work as one needs to get the buttons (steering from the top variant) and then the wiring. It is not impossible though.
Thanks for the quick confirmation Anurag!

And so then does the "audio Bluetooth" mentioned in vxi have telephony too?!

Last and most important: hope some crazy cost cutting guy doesn't remove some of the vxi (manual) features in its automatic variant!
Old 2nd October 2015, 11:29   #2518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Hi @a4anurag. Did you mean one can buy a height adjustable seat (from the higher model) from MGP and ask the service center to replace the regular seat with it? Do they provide it for purchase like that? Or were you referring to some aftermarket solution ?
I searched the forum and found the following 2 threads, but no clear solution, and no updates by anyone who actually got it done.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...termarket.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...o-lxi-vxi.html
Old 3rd October 2015, 13:27   #2519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
cyberwhizs did you get a chance to discuss with them on the pricing front, especially for the diesel variants. Is MSIL going to adopt a strategy similar to that of the Ciaz, wherein they priced the SHVS variants lower than it predecessor? Can you try to get some insights on pricing front?
Frankly, for the pricing details I think we will have to wait for the launch. Conventional wisdom suggests that their strategy will be on similar lines, and there won't be any radical shift. It would be great if they lower the premium charged on the diesel variants. For limited city/highway usage the VXi+ variant is likely to be one great value for money proposition.

On a personal note, i have been eagerly waiting for this launch. Wanted to trade in my existing vehicle, but this delay has been way too long for me. Recently had to spend a packet on my existing vehicle and it doesn't make sense for me to let go of it right now. So my ertiga has to sadly wait. If I hear from the dealers before the launch will definitely let you know.

Last edited by cyberwhizs : 3rd October 2015 at 13:28.
cyberwhizs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 22:19   #2520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
And this is the rebadged Mazda VX-1 in Indonesia.
Attachment 1325580
Has anyone on this forum tried fitting the HID/ projector set-up on their Ertiga? In the above picture the Mazda VX-1 in Indonesia seems to be sporting a projector headlamp. Can this be a direct fit on the India Ertiga? If not this one then is there any option of fitting a reliable and dependable projector/ HID on the Ertiga?

Most Viewed