Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2015, 21:29   #2536
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I wonder how they placed the blue bag horizontally
Photoshop ? My ertiga wont even fit a cabin bag in that position.
If am using the "boot" with the 3rd row upright, I always ask folks at home to use duffle bag type baggage. Bend the 3rd row, place the bag(s), push and lock back the 3rd row. Can still accommodate some luggage by changing shapes ☺.
Old 10th October 2015, 22:44   #2537

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Hey Folks,
It's been some time I posted here..
This post is just to thank you all who have provided valuable feedback on changing / upsizing tyres for Ertiga.
Based on personal good experience with Bridgestone on my Swift VDi (60K+ Kms and still doing okay) as well as valuable inputs from you guys, I changed all 5 tyres for my Ertiga ZDi today.
The stock Goodyear Duraplus had worn out and in fact the rear left tyre (fitted later with tube that also had been patched on side due to a cut) burst while returning from Rajasthan. God's grace and our good Karma saved us as we were at a safe 80 KmpH (we already were in know of the weak sidewall tyre at the rear fact and) planning to change tyres after returning from this trip anyway.
Chose the next recommended size in Bridgestone Turanza AR20 i e 195/60/R15 as the regular size 185/65/R15 was just visible on the website but not available anywhere.
Post this change the steering feels lighter and suspension is slightly better, Grip seems to be nice too;
The slight downside being they look a bit smaller as profile is 60 and as the calculations show the height (and hence GC?) has decreased by 3mm or so.
Will update on other paramaters as the new-5 settle in with LUV.
Cheers and drive safe!

P.S. If not best suited to this thread, request the mods to Kindly move this message to the best suited thread, am logging in after real long...
ChaltiKaNaam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 09:40   #2538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
If am using the "boot" with the 3rd row upright, I always ask folks at home to use duffle bag type baggage. Bend the 3rd row, place the bag(s), push and lock back the 3rd row. Can still accommodate some luggage by changing shapes ☺.
Exactly. I prefer duffle bags for same reason. But that ad is misleading
Old 11th October 2015, 14:53   #2539
Senior - BHPian

Question of Turbo charger not effective

My 2012 Ertiga ZDI crossed 30000 kilometer 4 weeks back and I got the 30K service done soon afterwards. Car has covered around 600 km after that in around 4 weeks .

I noticed a slight vibration when the turbo starts in 4th (~60kmph, 2100 rpm) and 5th gear ( ~80kmph , 2100 rpm) while accelerating. Once the turbo is kicked in, that vibration goes away. Asked my SA, and he said nothing to worry. This was in a 400 km highway drive. Now I am back in Bangalore and am noticing that the pickup after turbo kicks in very low compared to what was there earlier. Sometimes I dont even feel that turbo kicks in and some times I feel slight kick; but definitely much lower than how this vehicle used to accelerate 4 weeks back,

Again shown to service center, and my regular SA took a test drive and says car behaviour is normal.

In a close inspection inside the engine bay, I noticed that the rubber hose connecting air filter compartment to Turbo charger inlet is slightly worn out at the turbo side. SA and another mechanic inspected and said its fine; they see this other swifts usually. They cleaned the airfilter and gave the car back, but problem not resolved.

I am thinking of showing my car to another service center and may ask for a small comparison drive of their test drive Ertiga.

No unusual sounds from engine compartment.
I am sure Turbo comes live, as I feel that sometimes, but not how it used to.
Air filter was replaced in 30K service, and cleaned today AM
The vibrations felt earlier are still there, but cant be understood by someone not familiar in a busy/broken bangalore road.
No error codes found when I used my bluetooth OBD adapter, no check engine light.

Any idea what is going wrong or what to be checked? Got a 1200 km trip coming in 10 days time fron now.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20151011_111117-1.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20151011_111333.jpg  

arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 20:15   #2540
BHPian

Re: Question of Turbo charger not effective

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Any idea what is going wrong or what to be checked? Got a 1200 km trip coming in 10 days time fron now.
This is a common problem seen all Maruti diesel cars, it's something related to the clutch(sorry, I'm not a tech guy). I have started facing the issue around 60K and the problem was not solved even after multiple visit to ASS. The problem got disappeared after doing the clutch overhauling (Only clutch plate changed) at 73K and the car was running like new after that. I have done around 30K after that and the problem never came again
Taking the car for a long drive will not a big problem as per my experience
denver85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 10:52   #2541
@KP
BHPian

Just now spoke to my SA and he says that the facelift launch has been further postponed (indefinitely ??) and he is not sure of the new date. Last Thursday he was sure that the launch date is 12th (monday/today) but now he is not sure of the revised date. Suspicious !!
@KP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 11:15   #2542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Launch is 2 days away and no spy shots of Indian version anywhere.

Can we say MSIL is doing excellent in hiding the face-lift version or the launch is delayed? Just wondering as even the Baleno is launching at the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2015 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Facelift Launching Tomorrow. (10th October)

Maruti Suzuki's homepage getting ready for incorporating the facelift Ertiga. ( Ertiga is now missing from it)
Quote:
Called Sai Service Anderi just now. They say the launch is on Monday, i.e. 12th Oct 15. The car will be available in the showroom and he has invited me to come and see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
Just now spoke to my SA and he says that the facelift launch has been further postponed (indefinitely ??) and he is not sure of the new date. Last Thursday he was sure that the launch date is 12th (monday/today) but now he is not sure of the revised date. Suspicious !!
The Ertiga facelift launch, neither happened on 10th Oct nor it is happening today (i.e. 12th Oct) as predicted by many. To check the reality I visited the Maruti showroom, Wonder Cars in Chinchwad, Pune on Sunday afternoon.

Story from the horses mouth, the Ertiga Sales Exec of the showroom.
Quote:
No one yet knows when the Ertiga facelift will be launched. There has been no official communication from Maruti on that. However they are taking the booking for the facelift, Rs 10K. Before any new launch the system code gets generated at least 8-10 days in advace. This code is not yet generated for the Ertiga facelift. The training for the sales staff has already happened some time back. The showroom has not received the facelifted Ertiga. They already have 20 bookings for the facelift
He was insisting me to book the facelift by paying 10K booking amount so that I would be 21st in the line and would get my car in the first lot. Within 3-4 days of launch they are expecting the first lot. They had completely exhausted the stock of the current diesel Ertiga and the petrols (Sep manufactured were available) if I was interested.

Since there are 3K cancellation charges on the booking amount of 10K, I didn't want to lock my money. Have informed the SA to call me as soon as he hears on the confirmation of luanch and I shall cut him a cheque of the booking amount. He said in the meanwhile if there are any further bookings then my booking and delivery will only get pushed further.

Looking at the very thin crowd in the showroom on a Sunday afternoon, I took his words with bucketful of salt

Edit: I think Maruti is more focussed on the Baleno launch (26th Oct) to cash in on the festive season. The Ertiga facelift launch might have been pushed further because the Ertiga is anyways going to sell 5-6K a month. They seem to be more interested in taking a pie form the premium hatch segment, where the the i20 Elites and the Honda Jazzes of the world are ruling the roost.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 12th October 2015 at 11:18.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 11:34   #2543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
The Ertiga facelift launch, neither happened on 10th Oct nor it is happening today (i.e. 12th Oct) as predicted by many. To check the reality I visited the Maruti showroom, Wonder Cars in Chinchwad, Pune on Sunday afternoon.
Called my dealer again. He says tomorrow mostly the car will hit the showroom. According to him, tomorrow being the first day of Navratri is the auspicious day for Maruti to launch it. Let's wait and watch.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 11:39   #2544
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Called my dealer again. He says tomorrow mostly the car will hit the showroom. According to him, tomorrow being the first day of Navratri is the auspicious day for Maruti to launch it. Let's wait and watch.
Maruti Suzuki is busy with the Baleno launch . Lots of happening on that front this week.
Ertiga facelift might just launch without much hype.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 13:40   #2545
Distinguished - BHPian

Ertiga Hybrid, AT launch on Oct 15.

Quote:
The country's largest car maker is also launching facelift version of its MPV Ertiga on October 15. This Ertiga will also have an automatic transmission and mild Hybrid variants.
http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...ct-15/49320403

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th October 2015 at 13:49.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 13:44   #2546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

Story from the horses mouth, the Ertiga Sales Exec of the showroom.
He was insisting me to book the facelift by paying 10K booking amount so that I would be 21st in the line and would get my car in the first lot. Within 3-4 days of launch they are expecting the first lot. They had completely exhausted the stock of the current diesel Ertiga and the petrols (Sep manufactured were available) if I was interested.

Since there are 3K cancellation charges on the booking amount of 10K, I didn't want to lock my money. Have informed the SA to call me as soon as he hears on the confirmation of luanch and I shall cut him a cheque of the booking amount. He said in the meanwhile if there are any further bookings then my booking and delivery will only get pushed further.

Looking at the very thin crowd in the showroom on a Sunday afternoon, I took his words with bucketful of salt

Edit: I think Maruti is more focussed on the Baleno launch (26th Oct) to cash in on the festive season. The Ertiga facelift launch might have been pushed further because the Ertiga is anyways going to sell 5-6K a month. They seem to be more interested in taking a pie form the premium hatch segment, where the the i20 Elites and the Honda Jazzes of the world are ruling the roost.
Eritga will sell 5-6k a month agreed, but only once there are stocks with the dealers. If news from last few weeks is to be believed, dealers have 0 stock!! Don't know why Maruti is taking a hit on sales like this!

Quote:
Yeah, releasing on day 1 of navratri makes better sense than on sarvapitri amavasya!

Fingers crossed, lets hope it happens tomorrow, even if just a soft launch!
Hvt77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 14:56   #2547
Senior - BHPian

I called another dealer in Pune, ACE Kudale cars. He too gave me the same story that although the dealer staff has been trained on Ertiga facelift, there is no official communication from the company. This dealer too has run out of stock of the Ertiga diesel, they were having some petrols in stock though. He also confirmed that the last batch was received by them only last month, post which the dispatches have been stopped stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ertiga Hybrid, AT launch on Oct 15.

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...ct-15/49320403
Thanks for sharing that Volkman, I have shared this news with the above Sales Exec and I called him to inform that. He mentioned that he has still not received official communication, but the launch may happen on 15th or by the month end. He also mentioned that if the launch is indeed on 15th, then the invitations would be sent out to all prospective customers and the display car should reach them by then. So keeping fingers crossed.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 21:22   #2548
Distinguished - BHPian

ZDI+ SHVS, ZXI+ & Demo car variants of the 2016 Ertiga facelift have been spotted by the Gaadiwaadi team.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-2016marutisuzukiertigazspotted4.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-2016marutisuzukiertigazspotted3.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 12th October 2015 at 21:24.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 21:48   #2549
BHPian

Looks like it still has the biege steering wheel. Was hoping for the black one.
Old 12th October 2015, 22:03   #2550
BHPian

I thought the tail lights were extended a la Innova. What happened ?

Last edited by Aditya : 14th October 2015 at 07:10. Reason: Deleting quoted text

Most Viewed