Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2015, 20:52   #2566
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I am not sure if there should be a specific PDI List tailored for the Ertiga. However, I am sure we have a detailed thread for the same which you can access from this URL

There is nothing specific that you need to look in the Ertiga. May be the following should be assessed before delivery:
Thank you Parag so much for providing the link. I have already downloaded the pdf. I will be making my own checklist combining this pdf and the points that you have mentioned.

Quote:
EDIT- Before I forget, make a fist and hit on the roof lining below the rear AC Unit and if you hear some rattle, it is most likely the infamous rear AC rattle. Just make the Sales folks aware of this and get this addressed in one of the free services.
Oh, yes. Thanks for that reminder. How can I forget the infamous rear AC rattle. Just praying and hoping that Maruti might have got a permanent fix for that problem and there would be no need to make the Sales folks aware of this.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
In addition to what Parag has mentioned, I'll add - Tyre pressures as per recommended specifications.
Thank you Anurag for pitching in. Added that point as well.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 12:54   #2567
@KP
BHPian

So, the latest and greatest update from my SA at Varun Motors, Gachibowli -- the facelift launch will not happen before the festival !!

Reasons for delay -- Unknown to him. But he says the vehicles have arrived in stockyards and ready for PDI
Old 14th October 2015, 14:54   #2568
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
So, the latest and greatest update from my SA at Varun Motors, Gachibowli -- the facelift launch will not happen before the festival !!

Reasons for delay -- Unknown to him. But he says the vehicles have arrived in stockyards and ready for PDI
Below article from Motoroctane today once again lists variant specific features and reconfirms that the launch will be tomorrow. Maybe because the buzz around the Baleno is at its peak post the Media Drives, they took a last minute decision to push the launch a little more?

Quote:
Maruti is making the new Ertiga SHVS, which is the facelift version and the MUV. The MUV will sport the SHVS badge and we have got all the details of each of the variants. The launch of this MUV is on 15th of October

The Ertiga will be launched with a 1.4-litre petrol engine (that already existed) and then there is also the 1.3-litre diesel engine, which will be coming with SHVS (smart hybrid vehicle by Suzuki). The Ertiga will be made available with L, L(O), V, Z and Z+ variants. The new diesel engine with the smart hybrid technology will enhance the fuel efficiency of the diesel version.

Quote:
Maruti Ertiga LXi/LDi:
  • Selt Belt Reminder
  • Driver Airbag
  • Body coloured bumpers
  • Manual AC
  • Power Steering
  • Tilt Steering

Maruti Ertiga LXi (O)/ LDI (O)
  • Passenger Airbag
  • ABS
  • Force limiter
  • Pre-tensioner

Maruti Ertiga VXi/VDi (Petrol variant also gets an automatic option is the V variant)
  • 12V charging socket in 2nd row
  • Chrome grille
  • Audio Bluetooth
  • 50:50 rear seat split
  • Reverse parking sensors
  • Electrically adjustable ORVMs
  • ORVMs with turn indicators
  • in-dash audio
  • Keyless entry
  • Power windows
  • Rear AC
  • Body coloured door handles and ORVMs

Maruti Ertiga ZXi/ZDi:

• Alloy wheels
  • Rear wiper and defogger
  • Height Adjustable driver’s seat
  • Steering mounted audio cnttrols

Maruti Ertiga ZXI+/ZDi+:
  • Push start and stop
  • Touchscreen system
  • Reverse parking camera
Source: Motoroctane
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 15:41   #2569

Just spoke to Sai Service in Mumbai. SA mentioned that the pricing will made available on the 18th of October and I can visit the showroom on the 19th to see the vehicle.
nitin2526 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 16:25   #2570
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar India has posted it's first look review of the Ertiga facelift, The model seen is a VXI.

Quote:
The updated Ertiga will now get a new top-spec trim by the name of Z+. This variant gets the new Maruti SmartPlay infotainment system that consists of a seven-inch touchscreen interface. It also gets navigation and voice recognition feature. This variant will also come with keyless go and push-button engine start.

Maruti, apart from adding the visual tweaks and chrome on the exteriors, has added a good number of features on the updated Ertiga. Like the recently launched and updated Maruti’s safety has also been given importance for the refreshed Ertiga. While the base L variant gets a driver airbag standard, there’s a new option pack on offer for the L trim which gets dual front airbags and ABS with EBD as standard.

The Ertiga will get retuned, more fuel-efficient versions of the current engines, which include the familiar 1.4-litre K14 petrol. The ever reliable 1.3-litre DDiS diesel motor will now come with SHVS tech borrowed from the Ciaz. For those who are not familiar, SHVS means Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki, a clever fuel-saving feature which will now see duty in most Maruti diesel models in India. It gets the addition of micro-hybrid technology that includes a stop-start technology, brake energy recuperation and Engine Power Assist systems. The diesel variants of the Ertiga get the addition of a gear-shift indicator located in the multi-info display.

Besides the five-speed manual transmission, available on all variants, the VXi trim will get the option of a four-speed automatic transmission, making it the only automatic MPV in its segment.
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20151014101955_mainpic.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20151014102002_e9.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20151014102035_e1.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20151014102055_e5.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20151014102057_e7.jpg

ACI

Last edited by RavenAvi : 14th October 2015 at 16:27.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 19:01   #2571
@KP
BHPian

Sorry if this is a noob question, but is it worthwhile buying the AT version of Ertiga?
Old 14th October 2015, 19:16   #2572
BHPian

For those who have missed this thread, here are more pictures

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3825673
Old 17th October 2015, 03:15   #2573
BHPian

Facelifted Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Launched; Priced at 5.99 Lakhs

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/facelifted...-lakhs-1233049

Besides the exterior changes, the Ertiga also gets a new addition - the SHVS or Smart Hybrid diesel. The option will be standard with the DDiS 200 (diesel) engine variants, and is borrowed from the Ciaz. This is not a conventional hybrid of course and so uses an integrated starter generator, which has an inbuilt motor that supplements the engine's power, and boosts fuel efficiency by 18% to 24.52 kmpl. Maruti says the petrol K14B engine has also been reworked and now offers 17.5 kmpl which is up 9% from before. The SHVS system uses start-stop and brake energy recuperation to enhance mileage.

The car gets a new face, accentuated by a lot of chrome and two new colours - Beige and new blue.

Prices
Variant ( Petrol) (ex-Showroom Delhi)

Lxi: 599,907

Lxi (O): Rs.635,339

Vxi: Rs.726,257

Zxi: 785,561

Zxi+: 842,572

Vxi AT : 826,257

Variant (Diesel) (ex-Showroom Delhi)

Smart Hybrid Ldi : 755,826

Smart Hybrid Ldi (O) : 762,778

Smart Hybrid Vdi : 826,300

Smart Hybrid Zdi : 882,540

Smart Hybrid Zdi+ : Rs.925,358

Last edited by Hvt77 : 17th October 2015 at 03:18.
Hvt77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 12:39   #2574
BHPian

Hey Guys,
A quick query - What is Gross Vehicle Weight for SHVS VDi? Curb Weight is 1260.

P.S: Searched on forum, but failed.
Old 27th October 2015, 15:52   #2575
BHPian

Can the 50:50 split 3rd row seats be retrofitted at a dealer workshop in the outgoing ertiga? It would be helpful if someone can share any experience regarding this
Old 27th October 2015, 16:11   #2576
BHPian

Is it possible to put captain's seat in the middle row ? I've the 2013 model and sometimes I feel that captain's type of seats make the car more spacious. Has anyone done that ?
Old 27th October 2015, 18:42   #2577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhojitb View Post
Can the 50:50 split 3rd row seats be retrofitted at a dealer workshop in the outgoing ertiga? It would be helpful if someone can share any experience regarding this
I am also exploring this. Will need to wait for a new model car parts catalog to be available first, then do an actual physical verification to understand the feasibility and possible modifications needed.
Old 27th October 2015, 19:08   #2578
BHPian

Hi

All the recent posts have been about the new facelift launch. Although I was following this very keenly to replace my Ertiga ZDI with an automatic version of Ertiga having waited for long for a 7 seater automatic within 10L (closest now being TUV300), I want to now post an issue which I faced with Ertiga ZDI this sunday.

My ZDI has clocked 32k KM and has been on long trips - as recently as September for BLR-Pondicherry round trip of 1200 KM and without any issues till now.

However, on Sunday, I started on a new trip to Coorg early morning at 5:15 am from JP Nagar and around 6am after Bidadi and 12km still to Ramnagar, my engine switched off all of a sudden (which I noticed due to sudden drop in acceleration) and I tried cranking with clutch depressed but it didn't crank and at the same time I monoeuvred the vehicle to roadside and stopped. I tried cranking but to no avail. Atleast I didnt notice any warning signals and I doubted the battery since the headlights & horns did work even after the vehicle was stopped.
I immediately called Maruti Roadside assistance helpline and asked for nearby Maruti Service workshop who could come and check. The nearest was Kalyani Motors Ramanagar and my vehicle is always serviced at Kalyani Motors Bangalore branches - so I checked with my lease operator who okayed getting the services from Kalyani Ramanagar given the situation compared to having to towed all way back and also that I was on my trip which couldn't be cancelled. Kalyani was at my the place soon (in an hour's time) and after trying to jump-start which didn't work and had to be towed to their service workshop. Being a Sunday they were actually closed but for a few service engineers who had come to do overtime to clear the holiday backlog.
Service Engineers first found that the battery was low - showing a replace battery signal - but when replaced with a new one from another vehicle, the car did not start still. Further investigation found that the crankshaft was cut and hence was not cranking.
Vehicle is still in the service workshop awaiting approvals etc from the leasing company but Service engineer thinks the problem was initial due to low battery (but how come the lights/horns were still working) and crank shaft is broken due to either sudden jerk (cannot rule out if this happened because the car switched off suddently although I don't clearly remember) or manual push to start (ruled out since there was no such attempt from my side and no one available in such wee hours to help).

I saw some reports in team-bhp of Swift DDIS engine and couple of other Ertiga Diesel having such issues - some point to timing belt issue. Any other causes?

Sorry for the long post.

PS: I continued my trip to Coorg thanks to my brother in law who brought his Xylo immediately from Yeswanthpur to Ramnagar and I just left the car in the service workshop to let this not hamper my family holiday.
harishhm74 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2015, 16:19   #2579
Senior - BHPian

Re: Question of Turbo charger not effective

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
I noticed a slight vibration when the turbo starts in 4th (~60kmph, 2100 rpm) and 5th gear ( ~80kmph , 2100 rpm) while accelerating. Once the turbo is kicked in, that vibration goes away. Asked my SA, and he said nothing to worry. This was in a 400 km highway drive. Now I am back in Bangalore and am noticing that the pickup after turbo kicks in very low compared to what was there earlier. Sometimes I dont even feel that turbo kicks in and some times I feel slight kick; but definitely much lower than how this vehicle used to accelerate 4 weeks back,

Again shown to service center, and my regular SA took a test drive and says car behaviour is normal.

In a close inspection inside the engine bay, I noticed that the rubber hose connecting air filter compartment to Turbo charger inlet is slightly worn out at the turbo side. SA and another mechanic inspected and said its fine; they see this other swifts usually. They cleaned the airfilter and gave the car back, but problem not resolved.

Any idea what is going wrong or what to be checked? Got a 1200 km trip coming in 10 days time fron now.
Update:
I think this may issue may be related to bad fuel. I filled a full tank diesel from a pump which i don't normally visit and now I realized the issue started observing after the fill. After my tank was half empty, i filled from a regular pump and the turbo started showing its power. I filled two more times ( ~2000 km over from the possibly bad fuel filling), the turbo kick is back to 75% of what I used to observe.

Now everytime I can feel turbo in second gear, most of the time in 3rd and 4th. But the vibrations just before the turbo spooling is still there( 60kmph @4th gear, 80kmph @5th gear).

I am not able to find a logical explanation on how this issue is connected to fuel yet; the pump in question is a large one in the outskirts of Bangalore.

The service advisor is unable to get a feel of the vibrations as no roads (with a smooth surface) within 10 km of the service station (Bimal whitefield) can give a smooth road where I can accelerate to turbo zone smoothly like we do in a 4 lane highway!!

The worn out look of the hose that I posted was due to lot of dust accumulation. I cleaned that with a small long stick.
Old 4th November 2015, 18:04   #2580
BHPian

Update: My Ertiga repair work is finished and the replacement of broken crankshaft is done. I am unable to attach the pics of the broken parts.

Most Viewed