Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2015, 11:19   #2596
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Few months back I was wanting to figure out what was causing infrequent crackling noise from the rear AC Unit and one day I removed the complete roof lining and accessed the AC Unit.

To my knowledge, in case you have asked the ASC to attend your Ertiga to fix the infamous rear AC Rattle, I suspect they may have not paid attention to the final fitting.
My Ertiga Zdi is 6 months old, maintained carefully and driven sedately and with ODO reading just 5.5k odd, it has started giving that infamous rattle from the 2nd row ac unit from the top. Though it is not very pronounced, its still is irritating.
I may be wrong, but one aspect that I found out is when driven for say 30-40 minutes with a.c on, the noise comes down and occurs very occasionally. Its more pronounced when the engine is started and the car travels for the first 10-15 minutes.
I have already reported the issue to my nearest dealer outlet and they said that the mechanic who deals with ac unit is out for training and he is the best person around to do the job.
Considering, as you mentioned, they fix this issue and trigger something other and though they being a one of the biggest chain in kolkata, they are depending upon a specific person -- thinking whether its worthwhile to try to fix the issue. In a dilemma -- please suggest.

Thanks in advance.
Old 24th November 2015, 18:53   #2597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Exactly.My mechanic at Maruti After Sales service said the same thing. He said he has seen quite a number of Ertigas and Dzires coming back after 15-20k kms with rear brake shoe problem,recurrent grating noise persisting even after changing nearly everything related to rear drum brakes,and worried customers. But Maruti mechanics haven't been able to solve the problem
Have done 35k on My Ritz and never faced this problem. Considering all parts are same this should have cropped up.

Anyway, I test drove the Zdi+ yesterday and was very impressed the way Ertiga drives. Only thing I am not happy is the suspension feels exactly like my Ritz. I was hoping for a more cushioned ride considering the larger tires. I may book mine in a week's time from now.

I am surprised to see no one has reviewed the new Ertiga. No car portals or no TV channels. Considering the face lift comes with a lot of updates and new features, a new review by the media would come handy.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 24th November 2015 at 18:56.
Old 25th November 2015, 21:23   #2598
BHPian

I was following you all since I made up my mind to buy an ertiga.being following this thread since april 15 and was waiting for the facelift. Finally booked an ZDi+ white colour on 20/10/15. Delivery will be next week .will keep all posted of the development
Old 26th November 2015, 15:49   #2599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzail View Post
I was following you all since I made up my mind to buy an ertiga.being following this thread since april 15 and was waiting for the facelift. Finally booked an ZDi+ white colour on 20/10/15. Delivery will be next week .will keep all posted of the development

Congrats Fuzail. I may book the ZDi+ too in white soon. Same Pinch.

Can you share the on road cost, which dealer and discounts if any. My dealer said there will be 13k off due to Govt concession on hybrid cars + mats and perfume. Not bargained yet to see if he can give any more freebies.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 26th November 2015 at 16:01.
Old 26th November 2015, 15:53   #2600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Congrats Fuzail. I may book the ZDi+ soon in white soon. Same Pinch.

Can you share the on road cost, which dealer and discounts if any. My dealer said there will be 13k off due to Govt concession on hybrid cars + mats and perfume. Not bargained yet to see if he can give any more freebies.
Booked thru AutoVista Bandra coz their service centre is in Kalina (service people known to me) near my house .Got it for 11.23 lakh on road minus 13000 hybrid discount.
Old 27th November 2015, 18:35   #2601
BHPian

My Ertiga Zdi+ in the car yard waiting for PDI.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-1.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-2.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 30th November 2015 at 07:30. Reason: Correcting image orientation
fuzail is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 09:47   #2602
BHPian

Congrats Fuzail and TaurasAI. Looking forward to read your reviews soon.

I too have recently moved from the ANHC and booked the new Ertiga ZDI+ on the day of its launch through SK Wheels in Navi Mumbai. Still eagerly awaiting the allotment of the car which i presume should happen in the 2nd week of dec.

Unfortunately I was not offered any discounts but due to new mumbai registration the car will cost me approx 11.07 incl. extended warranty. (as per the proforma invoice) Would be very thankful if you could share what is this Hybrid discount and how did you bargain for the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViMo View Post
Along with extended warranty and other basic kit it costed me 1170K on the road.
Highway characteristics are yet to be known, but from my small spin on the NICE road it seems Ertiga will be a comfortable cruiser on the planes. Eagerly waiting for the run-in period to complete to explore further.
Lovely color Vimo. It looks very beautiful and ready to serve you and your family for times to come.

Do post your ownership review and update from time to time

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th November 2015 at 10:16. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use multi-quote/QUOTE+ to quote multiple posts and respond to them.
Old 29th November 2015, 09:55   #2603
BHPian

My friend took delivery of his Ertiga Zxi from AutoVista Malad, Mumbai.

2 major things - looks like someone has done a cost cutting project at Maruti

1) So extra Headlight bulbs. Maruti stopped giving extra bulbs as what the SA said
2) Stepnee is NOT alloy. its a disk and is 14 inch instead of 15. My friends swift Zdi had an alloy spare wheel.

Other minor things from his buying experience
Seems the registration process is being digitized now. his RTO was MH-03.

My friend was receiving all updates like ,tax paid, Reg number allotted via SMS.
Infact he got to know about the Reg number before the dealer due to the SMS received.

The vehicle was not cleaned properly by the dealer. was not much different from the stockyard in Bhiwandi. He will be visiting again to get the car cleaned.
Here are some snaps of the stains in the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20151127_173733.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20151127_173743.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20151127_173756.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20151127_173940.jpg  

Last edited by ShaileshHinge : 29th November 2015 at 10:20.
Old 29th November 2015, 12:35   #2604
BHPian

I had booked an Automatic Ertiga VXi on the 18th of November from a Bangalore based dealer. Initially the feedback from sales was that the car is available and indented but not yet shipped. Then the response was that the car is being tested exhaustively by quality and will be ready in a couple of day for shipping. Then the response was that the white color I had asked for is not available. When I asked for other colors available out of which I could make a choise, the response was that now there are no Ertiga Automatics available and that the next batch of Ertiga Automatics will be produced at the factory on the 15th of December.

Is all this believable? Can I get help from someone on the forum in knowing the truth?

Deeply frustrating experience at Maruti
Old 29th November 2015, 18:30   #2605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu View Post
I had booked an Automatic Ertiga VXi on the 18th of November from a Bangalore based dealer. Initially the feedback from sales was that the car is available and indented but not yet shipped. Then the response was that the car is being tested exhaustively by quality and will be ready in a couple of day for shipping. Then the response was that the white color I had asked for is not available. When I asked for other colors available out of which I could make a choise, the response was that now there are no Ertiga Automatics available and that the next batch of Ertiga Automatics will be produced at the factory on the 15th of December.

Is all this believable? Can I get help from someone on the forum in knowing the truth?

Deeply frustrating experience at Maruti

Same case with me. Booked on 20/10/15 promised delivery max by 15/11/15. But when 15/11 passed off ,I shot an email to maruti Udyog that the dealer is giving lame excuses. Things fell in place and the vehicle was shipped the next day from Gurgaon. Advice you to do the same.
Old 30th November 2015, 11:58   #2606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzail View Post
Same case with me. Booked on 20/10/15 promised delivery max by 15/11/15. But when 15/11 passed off ,I shot an email to maruti Udyog that the dealer is giving lame excuses. Things fell in place and the vehicle was shipped the next day from Gurgaon. Advice you to do the same.
Thanks so much Fuzail. Can you share that email id or indicate where I could find it on the Maruti website if sharing email ids is against Team-BHP rules?
Old 30th November 2015, 21:53   #2607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu View Post
Thanks so much Fuzail. Can you share that email id or indicate where I could find it on the Maruti website if sharing email ids is against Team-BHP rules?
go to the conatct us section on the main website of Maruti
Old 1st December 2015, 12:52   #2608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
The Ertiga back home with my parents recently went in for the 10k service. There was this noise that was heard when going down steep inclines like an apartment basement parking ramp and Dad asked for this to be checked at this service.

On investigation, it seems the rear torsion beam had a crack and was changed under warranty. The torsion beam I believe is the rear axle (H shaped member) - correct ? The cost of the part was ~13k.

The car was bought in June 2013. This sounds like a major concern, considering the crack could have grown and eventually broken which is a safety risk. I hope this was a one off incident and there aren't other Ertiga's with similar issues.

On another note - Maruti had ready stock of the part. I'm sure this isn't a regular spare part and this shows the edge Maruti has over the rest.
Exactly similar incident happened to me last week. I sent my Ertiga (ZDI) for the 20k servicing on 24th Nov. It was serviced and returned to me on the same day with usual checkups and regular Oil & Filter changes. The next day i started hearing some weird noise at rear end whenever i moved the car over speed breaker or over a bad road. I sent the vehicle back to service center and to my surprise the rear suspension beam had a crack and was about to break
Since it was authorized MSIL service center, as expected the part was available with them and they duly replaced it under extended warranty, otherwise it would have been a big hole in the pocket (~13.5k). Anyway, I'm glad that this did not lead to a serious situation as i drove on highway with that broken beam assembly for a day.

Attaching few snaps of the changed beam assembly.
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-rear-axle-beam-1.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-rear-axle-beam-2.jpg

Last edited by Aficionados : 1st December 2015 at 12:55.
Old 1st December 2015, 14:04   #2609
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficionados View Post
Since it was authorized MSIL service center, as expected the part was available with them and they duly replaced it under extended warranty, otherwise it would have been a big hole in the pocket (~13.5k). Anyway, I'm glad that this did not lead to a serious situation as i drove on highway with that broken beam assembly for a day.
You can refer this post and get more answers for this.

This issue has been acknowledged by Maruti for certain Model (Check the attachment in the post I have referred) and they have replaced this under Warranty.

I had spoken to a SA at Mandovi on this and was told that it had nothing to do with the Beam itself but the Welding Design on the ends which would result in noise whenever passing over speedbreakers or potholes.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 14:59   #2610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
You can refer this post and get more answers for this.

This issue has been acknowledged by Maruti for certain Model (Check the attachment in the post I have referred) and they have replaced this under Warranty.

I had spoken to a SA at Mandovi on this and was told that it had nothing to do with the Beam itself but the Welding Design on the ends which would result in noise whenever passing over speedbreakers or potholes.
Parag, my car is having a VIN before the cutoff date and is out of warranty now. Is this a recall or just informing about potentially bad part used?

Most Viewed