Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2015, 13:05   #2641
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Is this amount reduced from the final Invoice or it is reimbursed after the delivery?
Amount is reduced from the final invoice
fuzail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 14:28   #2642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by litesaber View Post
Thanks Parag. I had these installed at JC Road. Rs1100 for the kit plus Rs300 for installation. There headlights upgrades are a must for Ertiga!
Hi litesaber,

Can you pls provide details of the shop on JC road where you got it installed. And what is the configuration of the bulbs / relay that you purchased.

Thanks
Suhas
Old 15th December 2015, 14:38   #2643
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blr_RK View Post
Hi litesaber,

Can you pls provide details of the shop on JC road where you got it installed. And what is the configuration of the bulbs / relay that you purchased.

Thanks
Suhas
Suhas, there's no such configuration. Its a Headlight Upgrade Wiring kit for 100/90w H4 Bulbs. Most shops stock this and it comes in various brands.

Regarding shops, you can check few posts back, I have mentioned names.

(Kit = Wiring Harness + Ceramic Holder + Headlamp Relay + 2 30A fuses)

Everything is part of the Kit and costs around 700 to 900. You buy bulbs on top of these.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 17:51   #2644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post
2. Has anyone seen the new color Pearl Blue Blaze on Ertiga? is it similar to Blue offered on Celerio?
Maruti has discontinued Red
IMO With the new colors, you are really limited for choice.
Was in the same delima,. Wanted Red but as it was not available. So booked the Pearl Blue Blaze thinking it to be exact same as shown in the brochure. Sales guy told it was the same as that in the Ertiga Limited edition and showed a sample piece painted in the colour. Next day saw one limited edition Ertiga on road. The colour was a really dark blue nothing like what is shown on the brochure. Immediately called him and changed the colour to Silky Silver Zxi+ variant. Hoping to get an early next week delivery.
Ramon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 16:52   #2645
BHPian

I got the Philips 130/100W headlight kit as described below (~ Rs 700) + Osram blubs H4 100/90W (~ Rs 400 for two) from Nitin Automobiles off JC Road. See Parag's port earlier for some more shops on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Suhas, there's no such configuration. Its a Headlight Upgrade Wiring kit for 100/90w H4 Bulbs. Most shops stock this and it comes in various brands.

Regarding shops, you can check few posts back, I have mentioned names.

(Kit = Wiring Harness + Ceramic Holder + Headlamp Relay + 2 30A fuses)

Everything is part of the Kit and costs around 700 to 900. You buy bulbs on top of these.
litesaber is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 17:06   #2646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by litesaber View Post
I got the Philips 130/100W headlight kit
Just thought of sharing:
One of my friends used the above configuration in his Ertiga initially. There was no issue with wiring et al, but sustained use of main beams, he travels long distances a lot, caused the reflectors to "blacken" / chipped a bit.
No - bulbs never fused, no connectors melted, etc; but a curious "rainbow-ish" tinge / patch developed within the reflectors.
He changed the headlight units along with the bulbs later and downgraded to 100/90 Philips Rallye and the problem never recurred.

Just my two cents!
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 18:18   #2647
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Just thought of sharing:
One of my friends used the above configuration in his Ertiga initially. There was no issue with wiring et al, but sustained use of main beams, he travels long distances a lot, caused the reflectors to "blacken" / chipped a bit.
No - bulbs never fused, no connectors melted, etc; but a curious "rainbow-ish" tinge / patch developed within the reflectors.
He changed the headlight units along with the bulbs later and downgraded to 100/90 Philips Rallye and the problem never recurred.

Just my two cents!
Agree. 100/130 will be an overkill.

I am using 100/90 since past 70,000 kms. No blackening or other issues. My preference is low beams always and use high beams for flashing or occasional sections based on speed and visibility conditions.

In fact, I have same set-up in WagonR also. Been 150,000 on that with lots of night drives.

I have noticed that few cars and brands have this issue of blackening of reflectors no matter what you install.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 12:16   #2648
BHPian

Thanks litesaber and Parag for the inputs. I will got for 100/90 as well.
Old 17th December 2015, 14:24   #2649
BHPian

I purchased Roots Headlamp Wiring Harness + 2 Philips Rally 100/90 H4 online (Shopclues.com). After discount, the total came to Rs. 981.

Thanks for all your inputs. Will try the installation DIY.

Rgds
Suhas
Old 17th December 2015, 19:14   #2650
BHPian

Note from Support: Post edited. Please type clearly for easy readability by forum members. Thanks!
Old 17th December 2015, 21:06   #2651
BHPian

Dear Friends

Found these H4 led lights on Aliexpress.

Please advise can these replace the stock light without any modification (plug & Play). Will they damage the reflector in the long run and can they give the output as shown in their specification.

Lowest Profit!! 2x H4 H4-3 HB2 Hi/Lo Beam CREE COB LED 48W 7200LM/Set Bright White Car DRL Fog Driving Headlight High Quality

New All In One A336 H4 Hi/Lo Car Led Headlight Fog Lamp 3 COB 3300LM 6000K Car Lighting Bulb

Super Bright! 2PCS Auto Car COB H4 Replacement LED Headlight Kit Bulb Hi Lo Beam 30W 3200lm 6000K 12V 24V Xenon White
Old 20th December 2015, 00:33   #2652

Dear Fellow BHPians, completed my PDI yesterday for the delivery of Silky Silver ZDI Plus, I have named it Argent Amour.

So far every thing seems allright, the car is Nov Manufactured (decoded the VIN), has GoodYear Shoes, decently loaded with new features. But I am gonna miss the Auto AC Control, which I am used to in my current drive Swift 2009 Dzire ZDI. But still curious to use the enhanced Music system (Apple Car Play) and test the real world SHVS performance.

Getting the delivery tomorrow morning. Will post some more pictures with the delivery and my experience with the Maruti Mango Dealerships.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-003.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-004.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-001.jpg  

LkoNawab is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 09:18   #2653
hnp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post
Congratulations in advance.
I booked for ZDI+ grey color five days ago. I didn't have any preference as far as registration year was concerned since I will be keeping this car for long time. So dealer said if they get 2015 stock I will get the car before mid Jan else 2016 model in mid Feb. Yesterday I got a call from them saying if I go for ZDI I would get it immediately. I told them I'm specific about ZDI+.

So if you book an Ertiga now, it's most likely that you will get 2016 model.

As far as offer goes, there is none. There's an exchange bonus of 20k right now but subject to change. Only price I manged to fix by booking was value of my Alto to 3 lakhs. Price of the Ertiga and exchange bonus will be applied at the time of delivery.

Last edited by ampere : 20th December 2015 at 09:59. Reason: Edited quoted post
Old 21st December 2015, 18:11   #2654
BHPian

Got my Ertiga VXi Automatic after waiting for 31 days!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-ertiga-delivery.jpg  

niranjanprabhu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 18:29   #2655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu View Post
Got my Ertiga VXi Automatic after waiting for 31 days!!!
Congratulations. Please post a detailed drive report when feasible. I don't think we even have a TD report of the Ertiga AT here. Specially interested in knowing how the AT response is with a full load.

Most Viewed