Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2016, 19:01   #2836
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Wagle View Post
Dear All

Completed 4years and 79,900KMS on the Odometer. I had a indifferent experience with Ertiga ZDI Gear box till date. Had to Overhaul the gear box and Replace the sychronizing Ring between 2nd and 3rd Gear at 36,000KMS in warranty. Then replaced Clutch and pressure plate at 62000KMS and again the problem was noticed during 79,900KMs servicing. Gear Shifting was hard and I reported the same to service adviser during the last service. The again and overhauled the gear box, replaced clutch and pressure plate. I raised a complaint to maruti reg. the quality of product (Had to Open Gearbox Thrice in 80K Kms). No reply from them. I refused to accept the delivery from the dealer until maruti replied. After many reminder and phone calls Maruti replied saying the dealer would assure the gear box performance for next 20K. .

But I am really worried now. If the problem reoccurs it would cost almost 18 thousand for repairs. This is a big cost I have to be prepared by next 30plus KMS. I have Lost the Confidence on the product. Has any body faced a similar issue with gear box till date?

Should I sell the car? Should I shift to Reneault Lodgy as it is offering heavy discounts on feature packed lodgy.
Sad to hear this has happened. Normally Maruti vehicles would not throw up a fault. There are several of us here with vehicles having done more than 50 or 75 or 100 - or even 200k.

I am sure it has been, but I was wanting to ask have all services been done at MASS? I know of cases when some friendly neighbourhood mechanic may have done something non standard.

In any case, if I were you, I would sell it. Reason - just that peace of mind and reliability.

The choice to buy would be several. Personally, Ertiga again would make a compelling case. BRV and Lodgy are both good vehicles and sadly not doing well in the market. Then is Creta and Duster. Creta is a runaway success. Duster has also had its days. Towards the higher end is Innova Crysta. Of course - these are across a huge price band also.

Cheers
Rajain

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th July 2016 at 23:01. Reason: Typo.
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 21:59   #2837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Sad to hear this has happened. Normally Maruti vehicles would not throw up a fault. There are several of us here with vehicles having done more than 50 or 75 or 100 - or even 200k.
It is a very well known issue with 90BHP 1.3 MJD engines , have to live with it .

Gear box work done at 32k /42k//52k/79k

32k and 42k were synchorizer rings ,
The 52k was a circlip issue , the circlip cost is 5INR
the 79k was when the master/slave cylinder went kaput resulting in leakage of the brake fluid .

There is no use in complaining to Maruti, the issue exist on all 90 BHP MJD gear boxes of MS.
sandeep3in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 11:03   #2838

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post

I am sure it has been, but I was wanting to ask have all services been done at MASS? I know of cases when some friendly neighbourhood mechanic may have done something non standard.

In any case, if I were you, I would sell it. Reason - just that peace of mind and reliability.

The choice to buy would be several. Personally, Ertiga again would make a compelling case. BRV and Lodgy are both good vehicles and sadly not doing well in the market. Then is Creta and Duster. Creta is a runaway success. Duster has also had its days. Towards the higher end is Innova Cresta. Of course - these are across a huge price band also.

Cheers
Rajain
Thanks Rajain.

I followed the service schedule as per maruti recommendations at MAS. Not a single screw except for battery and tyres were fitted outside MASS.

I sold my Ertiga at 6.75L and bought Lodgy RXZ fully loaded with all accessories and Extended warranty of 4 years and 80K KMS. at Just Rs. 10.7 L on road.(at a lesser price than ertiga) Keeping in mind to use in warranty and sell it after 80K KMS.

Crysta out of my budget. Creta. & Duster being 5 Seater was not in my list.

Had thought of Ertiga again but my wife & son both wanted a powerful motor as they were used to dzire power and ertiga was under powered. My friend is using lodgy and we had experienced it for couple of trips with him.

Buying a lodgy with more power & features had Take a known risk of lesser service network from renault. The cities in I would be using the vechicle has atleast one renault service center.

Hope reneault would fulfill my expectations for next 4 years.

Rajesh
Rajesh Wagle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 09:59   #2839
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rajain.

I sold my Ertiga at 6.75L and bought Lodgy RXZ fully loaded with all accessories and Extended warranty of 4 years and 80K KMS. at Just Rs. 10.7 L on road.(at a lesser price than ertiga) Keeping in mind to use in warranty and sell it after 80K KMS.

Rajesh
Good luck with your new purchase. Wish you long miles, safe drives and happiness. Lodgy is a competent vehicle and will hopefully serve you long.

Waiting to see an initial ownership thread from you.

Cheers
Rajain
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 11:31   #2840
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rajain.

Rajesh
10.7L on road?? Which dealer is offering these as I'm thinking if switching to a more powerful motor too... Are these offers on the 85ps and not the 110ps version...also RxZ is the top end if I'm not wrong?

The 1.6L on the Ertiga doesn't seem to be in Suzuki's plans, so... Lodgy is the only logical bet...Krysta being way off budget.. So lodgy best pick right now for my family...

Congrats on your news purchase, Happy travels!
Old 23rd July 2016, 10:37   #2841
BHPian

Hi,
I was thinking of purchasing Ertiga VDi SHVS.

1) I wanted to know whether it would be a good variant to purchase in terms of engine reliability.
2) Do I need to run-in in the engine during the first few thousand kilometres ? Is there any kind of speed restrictions to be followed till first service or upto few thousand kilometres ? Or if I could take the car till its top performance ?
3) Whether SHVS is a good technology and does it really save fuel ?

Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 11:01   #2842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhasker View Post
Hi,
I was thinking of purchasing Ertiga VDi SHVS.

1) I wanted to know whether it would be a good variant to purchase in terms of engine reliability.
2) Do I need to run-in in the engine during the first few thousand kilometres ? Is there any kind of speed restrictions to be followed till first service or upto few thousand kilometres ? Or if I could take the car till its top performance ?
3) Whether SHVS is a good technology and does it really save fuel ?

Thanks
The current Ertiga is an extremely competent machine. Maruti have succeeded in adding a few more extras to an already generous package. The last row now gets a split back-rest, this helps if you want to carry 6 passengers with more luggage than you can fit in the Ertigas boot.

The VDi is the largest selling Ertiga variant

The engine has been around in some form or the other for more than 10 years now and is a legend. The Ertiga has got itself a better tune with 89Bhp on tap since its a people mover.

There is no need to run-in the engine, just maintain the service advice

SHVS is more for the environment than fuel saving
Old 25th July 2016, 15:35   #2843

Ertiga roof top carrier similar to the one from Rouf Rails.
I got mine "Carrymate" from Belgavi (Belgaum) for Rs. 12,500/-

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-p_20160723_114650_1_p.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-p_20160723_114624_1_p.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-p_20160723_114552_p.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-p_20160723_114536_1_p.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-p_20160723_114516_1_p.jpg
ASNAGOUDA is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 16:55   #2844

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Any reference on roof racks ? Looking for only occasional long drives 1-2 times a year and worried about spoiling the looks and the FE

Carrymate - an alternative to Rouf Rail brand -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4021803
ASNAGOUDA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 19:57   #2845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASNAGOUDA View Post
Carrymate - an alternative to Rouf Rail brand -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4021803
Looks neat, but will i get it in Bangalore ?
Old 25th July 2016, 20:08   #2846

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Looks neat, but will i get it in Bangalore ?
Nope, we do not get such carriers in Bangalore. I had tried a lot searching in Blore.

Rouf Rails said they have cancelled dealers after experience where they sell at more than 20K against Rouf Rails MRP of 16K.

And this Belgaum manufacturer is a very new entrant and yet to establish dealer network.

I contacted this Carrymate manufacturer on phone & whatsapp, paid him advance 4K through my cousin and got it fitted after over 40 days, during my travel from Blore to Pune 10 days ago.
Old 25th July 2016, 22:50   #2847
BHPian

I traveled in a current spec Vdi.. And have to say I was blown away by the power, and general changes in the car... Although it was an ola CAB, but the driver seemed to be able to just buzz ahead, every time he put the foot on the pedal, the additional power due to tune tweak is for real... He seemed to effortlessly move to 120s. Plus the VDi spec had steering mounted controls, better Audio system. Front airbags, and few other goodies, earlier missing....
parassoni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 19:06   #2848
BHPian

After lot of thinking, finally took the plunge. Booked Ertiga ZXI+ on 26th July. Waiting period is around 30 to 45 days. Expected to get delivery in first week of August.

The agonizing wait has begun

Thanks to all TBHPians for contributing to this wonderful thread and helping me finalize the decision.
mp417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 10:39   #2849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post
After lot of thinking, finally took the plunge. Booked Ertiga ZXI+ on 26th July. Waiting period is around 30 to 45 days. Expected to get delivery in first week of August.
Dear mp417,

I guess you mean first week of September...

Or - did you book in June?

Girish Mahajan
Old 15th August 2016, 10:56   #2850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
I traveled in a current spec Vdi.. And have to say I was blown away by the power, and general changes in the car... Although it was an ola CAB, but the driver seemed to be able to just buzz ahead, every time he put the foot on the pedal, the additional power due to tune tweak is for real... He seemed to effortlessly move to 120s. Plus the VDi spec had steering mounted controls, better Audio system. Front airbags, and few other goodies, earlier missing....
Thanks for the update.
Is there any way to get the new ecu settings on existing car.

Most Viewed