Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2016, 20:16   #2866
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Hi ASNAGOUDA
Any specific issue regarding sudden breaking? Reason is you might do it if somebody jumps in front of you on NH and in panic you have no choice but to hit the breaks (have faced it multiple times when dogs or cows come in front from the medians)
Now ABS is expected to do the trick to some extent. I hope that works fine. Is there any other reason why you mentioned it? I have zeroed on petrol vxi/zxi ertiga and planning to buy very soon. Any precautions/safety measures are highly appreciated.
Regards
Old 13th September 2016, 20:28   #2867
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Hi ASNAGOUDA
Any specific issue regarding sudden breaking? Reason is you might do it if somebody jumps in front of you on NH and in panic you have no choice but to hit the breaks (have faced it multiple times when dogs or cows come in front from the medians)
Now ABS is expected to do the trick to some extent. I hope that works fine. Is there any other reason why you mentioned it? I have zeroed on petrol vxi/zxi ertiga and planning to buy very soon. Any precautions/safety measures are highly appreciated.
Regards
Well, I am reading this only now but can assure you that the Brakes in the Ertiga do their job pretty well, whether it is Panic braking or braking with any maneuver, Straight roads or twisties.

Its been more than a Lac Kms now and I haven't faced any issue with the braking capacity even under full load. In fact, the braking is one of the confidence inspiring factors for me when I drive this on highways.

Only recently I have had couple of instances where I had to do this "Sudden Braking" and exactly these instances left me satisfied with its stopping power.

Last year when I was driving to Ahmedabad, I still recall when I began overtaking a private bus on the center lane after Surat, it suddenly changed lane to come right into mine and my car was exactly switching from Lane 2 to Lane 3 at 100 KMPH and I had to brake hard. The ABS ensured to easily manage this in time without a single feel of panic or loss of control.

If braking is your concern, let me tell you it is not. I am yet to hear from anyone that Ertiga (at least with ABS) has not got the friendliest brakes.
paragsachania is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 12:59   #2868
BHPian

Took delivery of Ertiga ZXI+ Silky Silver on 13-Sep-2016

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20160913_172846.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20160913_173228.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20160913_173158.jpg
mp417 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 22:18   #2869
Senior - BHPian

Trying to decide between petrol ertiga vxi vs zxi. I am not in favour of rear window wiper or defogger or driver seat height adjustment. Only thing that makes me think in this is the alloys of zxi.
Zxi and vxi has price difference of almost 75k rupees. I hate those full wheel caps on vxi since they are just plastic rings doing nothing good even in terms of looks. How will the car look if I remove the wheel caps and drive? Surely wheel rims will be all black. Not sure how they will look like.
Considering only the alloys if I want to go for them how much will they cost me?
I had a very close look at ertiga broucher and not finding any other feature in zxi that is a real want want for me.
Even in zxi there is no reverse camera (zxi+ has it). There is one available at pratham motors for about 8k. So planning to get one installed.
Kind of confused in making the final decision. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 14th September 2016 at 22:22.
Old 14th September 2016, 22:42   #2870
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Considering only the alloys if I want to go for them how much will they cost me?
In 2013, they didn't cost me more than 5000 per alloy wheel. It should be at the same range even today.

I picked a VDi and settled for OE Alloys rather than the aftermarket ones.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 22:42   #2871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How will the car look if I remove the wheel caps and drive? Surely wheel rims will be all black. Not sure how they will look like.
Have a look at the photos here

You can try some of the caps available at Aliexpress or get the OEM caps coming in LXi variant to close the gap at middle of the steel rim.

Quote:

OEM ones should cost around 30K (give or take). Check with your sales person and he can give you exact quote. You have a lot more options outside showroom.

IMHO VXI/VDI is probably the most value for money option. If those additional bells and whistles don't excite you, go for vxi blindly.

Last edited by arjithin : 14th September 2016 at 22:46.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 15:31   #2872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post
Took delivery of Ertiga ZXI+ Silky Silver on 13-Sep-2016

Attachment 1554104
Looks like MSIL removed rear fog lamps in the facelift.
Also, can you please confirm if the Spare wheel material is steel or alloy?
Old 15th September 2016, 20:22   #2873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
get the OEM caps coming in LXi variant to close the gap at middle of the steel rim.
Do you know any place in Bangalore where I will get caps similar to LXI model, i.e. only for the wheel center? It will be good for me to go any get rather than to order online. Not certain about the availability with maruti dealer based on my overall experience with them on accessories.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 15th September 2016 at 20:29.
Old 15th September 2016, 20:24   #2874
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
Yes. It has been removed. Same for the Dzire.

My car's spare wheel is an alloy.
kisharchit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 20:26   #2875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Only recently I have had couple of instances where I had to do this "Sudden Braking" and exactly these instances left me satisfied with its stopping power.
Parag bhai, where did you get your dashboard camera installed? This seems to be a cool feature. Since I am planning for a reversing camera installation, a dashboard camera is definitely a good addition.
Regards

Last edited by rajivtelang : 15th September 2016 at 20:28.
Old 15th September 2016, 22:52   #2876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you know any place in Bangalore where I will get caps similar to LXI model, i.e. only for the wheel center? It will be good for me to go any get rather than to order online. Not certain about the availability with maruti dealer based on my overall experience with them on accessories.
Visit mgp.co.in and locate a retailer near to you. If the retailer near you dont have it in stock, you can order it directly from Maruti through them, which will take around d 10-15 days.

Part number : 43252B60M00N (CAP, WHEEL CENTER)

If you are around Marathahalli/Whitefield area, order one set for me as well. I will collect it from you.

Last edited by arjithin : 15th September 2016 at 22:54.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 12:22   #2877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post
Yes. It has been removed. Same for the Dzire.

My car's spare wheel is an alloy.
Thanks kisharchit. Your Ertiga is a facelift one or from first generation.
I am asking because in the official website it says - *Spare wheel material is steel.
Deeps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 21:33   #2878
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks kisharchit. Your Ertiga is a facelift one or from first generation.
I am asking because in the official website it says - *Spare wheel material is steel.
There have been only two gens. First gen and this facelift. Mine belongs to the first gen. Maybe for the facelift they are saving costs and have changed it to steel.
Old 17th September 2016, 10:43   #2879
BHPian

Quote:
Trying to decide between petrol ertiga vxi vs zxi. I am not in favour of rear window wiper or defogger or driver seat height adjustment. Only thing that makes me think in this is the alloys of zxi.
Zxi and vxi has price difference of almost 75k rupees. I hate those full wheel caps on vxi since they are just plastic rings doing nothing good even in terms of looks. How will the car look if I remove the wheel caps and drive? Surely wheel rims will be all black. Not sure how they will look like.
Hi rajiv,

It is not just about the alloys. I own a ZDi and the best part of Ertiga ZDi is the max seating height. 2013 VDi/VXi and other options had fixed lower seating positions. The Z models only have so much height. Please do a proper test drive of Z (at topmost seat height setting) and V model and decide. This was a decision maker for me,my cousin and my friend in favour of ZDi (I am 5'6" , cousin 5'8" and my friend is 5'10") while buying our respective Ertiga ZDi's. Generally Swift's have low seating and it came as a bonus with so much height for me and I no longer enjoy rides in Verna's or low floor sedans

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 17th September 2016 at 10:46.
sam_sant2005 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2016, 12:49   #2880
BHPian

Quote:
Rear fog lamp is removed in the face lift.

Spare wheel is steel. So it's going to be issue for 5 tyre rotation. I will have to get another alloy or else stick to 4 tyre rotation.

Quote:
I had a very close look at ertiga broucher and not finding any other feature in zxi that is a real want want for me.
Even in zxi there is no reverse camera (zxi+ has it). There is one available at pratham motors for about 8k. So planning to get one installed.
If cost is not a concern then go for zxi. Other than rear wiper/defogger, you get Airbags and many other small but significant features. Would highly recommend zxi.
The new alloy design also looks very nice so that's a plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Hi rajiv,

It is not just about the alloys. I own a ZDi and the best part of Ertiga ZDi is the max seating height. 2013 VDi/VXi and other options had fixed lower seating positions. The Z models only have so much height. Please do a proper test drive of Z (at topmost seat height setting) and V model and decide. This was a decision maker for me,my cousin and my friend in favour of ZDi (I am 5'6" , cousin 5'8" and my friend is 5'10") while buying our respective Ertiga ZDi's. Generally Swift's have low seating and it came as a bonus with so much height for me and I no longer enjoy rides in Verna's or low floor sedans
Driver seat height adjust is a good feature to have. You get better control on finding optimum seat height.
mp417 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks