Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2016, 10:26   #2941
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Great. I will place order in that case. I will place order for 5 quantity. I assume it is one hub cap per packet.
I hope you'll be placing an order with the MGP stockist in your city rather than the guys. It is easily order-able and you would get it within 7 days.

Shipping charges on that website are atrocious hence I stick to MGP stockist to get me the parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
That is correct. By the way I have no prior experience with the above website, I just found it while googling.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 11:21   #2942
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

I am pleased to announce the purchase of a new Ertiga ZDI+ 2016 Silky silver color.

During the initial running-in , I am trying to maintain upto 2,000 RPMs for the engine to properly break-in.

I have also purchased a few accessories to go along with the vehicle from Maruti Suzuki showroom itself viz -

1. Spoiler
2. Door chrome handles
3. Window chrome garnish
4. Floor mats
5. Seat covers

Observations (Cons) -

1. Poor headlamp quality; lacks visibility
2. No Auto climate control
3. Getting used to the SHVS mode; where running on neutral shuts off the engine.
4. Imperfect voice recognition
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-silkysilver1350x205.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-29553_maruti_suzuki_ertiga_005_468x263.jpg  

Amey Kulkarni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 20:03   #2943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post

Observations (Cons) -

I second that along with some other ertiga owners. I still have not driven my ertiga much in dark but whenever I do I feel the same everytime. Even my estilo had same issue and had put good fog lamps to compensate. They were damn good and worked well with main lamps.
What are the options for ertiga here?
Are there better fog lamps or high wattage head lamps? In any case I do not want to exceed the load on battery. That might burn or melt the relays in electric box.

Paragbhai any suggestions from your end?

Regards
Old 28th December 2016, 20:27   #2944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Observations (Cons) -

Please go ahead and install a good 100/90 watt bulbs with a proper headlamp relay. Do PM me if you need the details of the electrician who can do the job.
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 16:01   #2945
BHPian

Guys,

My Auto door-lock system at speed of 15Kmph is not activated.

Any idea on how to activate it?

Cheers,
Amey
Old 2nd January 2017, 16:44   #2946
BHPian

Quote:
Observations (Cons) -
Many Congratulations on your Ertiga!! Can't agree more.. Had a similar concern and I went ahead and did what Rakesh has mentioned
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Please go ahead and install a good 100/90 watt bulbs with a proper headlamp relay.
Also, consider upgrading your stock fog lamps for additional light. Upgrade to H11 55W from the conventional H8 35W (I think one of the earlier posts by Parag has that info)

Thank you!

Vikram
vikramv4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 16:50   #2947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

In your manual there is a setting for doors (all door opening vs only driver and security ( sensitivity of alarm ). In the same menu you can find the option for auto door lock (enable/ disable ). You have to make use of control stalks coming out of the speedo console.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 09:48   #2948
Distinguished - BHPian

Ertiga Facelift ( code YHA ) due in 2018/19 rendered,

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-suzukiertigarenderrbadesign.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-11.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 11:32   #2949
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Cheers,
Amey

How to operate the setting mode:
1) When the ignition mode is “ON” and the vehicle is stationary, push the trip meter selector knob (1) to switch the information display indication to the trip meter.
2) Push and hold the indicator selector knob (2) until the display shows “door”.
3) Turn and/or push the indicator selector knob (2) to select a function that you want to set up according to the above chart.
4) Turn and/or push the indicator selector knob (2) to register settings of the following functions.

Try changing the door settings from the options given below:

Automatic door locking function “d2”:
• d2 - SL 1: Disable the automatic door locking function
• d2 - SL 2: Lock all doors when the vehicle speed reaches 15 km/h (default setting)

Automatic door unlocking function “d3”:
• d3 - SL 1: Disable the automatic door unlocking function (default setting)
• d3 - SL 3: Unlock all doors when the ignition mode is changed to “LOCK” (OFF)

Door locking and unlocking siren “d5”:
• d5 - SL 1: Siren sounds when the doors (including the tailgate) are locked or unlocked by using the keyless push start system remote controller or request
switch (default setting)
• d5 - SL 2: Siren does not sound when the doors (including the tailgate) are locked or unlocked by using the keyless push start system remote controller or request switch.

Source: Page 2-62 of Ertiga User Manual Ertiga_Owner's_Manual.pdf

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th September 2020 at 19:09. Reason: Old post, but editing it to fix a small problem with mobile page formatting :)
souravbasu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 13:04   #2950
BHPian

Has anyone fitted an external tachometer on LXI model? I'm planning to fit one, can someone help with the wiring.
Old 15th January 2017, 20:59   #2951
Senior - BHPian

My Ertiga has got a strange problem for couple of years now. The front driver power window gets stuck (nothing happens when the power window button is pressed or pulled up) occasionally. The only way to get it working again is to switch off ignition and start again.

I have this issue for years now, but never was able to reproduce inside workshop. Maruti did replace the power window switches hoping that is the issue, but it didnt solve the problem. It was frequent ( once in a month or so) during year one and two, then didnt see the issue for a long time ( last 12+ months), but now its happening again. Today it was so severe that it was getting stuck every 1 inch movement or so, but an hour later the window is going up and down without any issues.

Any pointers on the potential cause will be appreciated.
Old 15th January 2017, 22:14   #2952
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
My Ertiga has got a strange problem for couple of years now. The front driver power window gets stuck (nothing happens when the power window button is pressed or pulled up) occasionally. The only way to get it working again is to switch off ignition and start again..

Any pointers on the potential cause will be appreciated.
I would rather suspect the window regulator to be faulty and not the switch. If there is an issue with switch it should not go away after ignition restart. It will be a faulty regulator that is responsible for cutting out current to the motor when the window is fully rolled down or up. If this is faulty it might cut the motor unnecessarily or might not even let the motor run. Try replacing the regulator/motor assembly and this problem should disappear.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 16:30   #2953
BHPian

Need guidance on changing stock headlights for Ertiga SHVS VDI.

Which is the recommended Wattage 55/60 W H4/H8/H11 which can be used ?
Any brand - Osram/Philips etc ?
Is white lights recommended ?
Old 19th January 2017, 23:43   #2954

Ertiga Vxi vs Zxi

I have decided to exchange my Wagon R Lxi, which I purchased in Oct 2013, odometer says 22K, with Ertiga petrol.

But I am confused between Vxi and Zxi. Extra features in Zxi are 4 alloy wheels, driver seat height adjustment, rear washer defogger, 2 tweeters, chrome bezel above fog lamp, all of this costs 68K rs more.

Now my question is, are those extra features really helpful ? If yes, can you please help me in understanding why like ally wheels, dealer is saying it adds to the looks plus increases mileage of the car about 1km/l ?
And is the extra price 68k justified ?

One more thing, Vxi has waiting of 45 days whereas Zxi is available with dealer (jan 2017 manufacturing).
Old 20th January 2017, 08:05   #2955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sms255 View Post

One more thing, Vxi has waiting of 45 days whereas Zxi is available with dealer (jan 2017 manufacturing).

I think this is the main reason. Except for driver's seat height adjust and rear wash/wipe, the other features are not very critical. If you are satisfied with seat height of Vxi, you can go for it.

Good thing is, on the safety front you are covered - dual airbags and abs with ebd. So you can go for Vxi and save some money.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks