Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2017, 11:55   #3031
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blr_RK View Post
i have recently ordered Speedwav magnetic curtains for the car at Rs 1100/- for entire set as Ertiga has large windows and a must accessory for this hot season. I am awaiting delivery. Will fit it and share pictures and review about it soon.

Cheers,
Amey
Hi Amey, from where have you ordered the curtains. Pls provide the details.

Regards
Suhas[/quote]

I have ordered them from Amazon India site.

Here's the link -

http://www.amazon.in/Speedwav-Accedr..._st_dp_summary

Cheers,
Amey
Old 15th April 2017, 20:32   #3032
BANNED

As an update for the perspective buyers in Delhi, the SHVS price cut that was offered since last year has been rolled back. FAME discount is no longer available. These changes to the pricing should also be applicable to the Ciaz, though I don't see it on the Nexa Website if Delta is the equivalent of VDi.
Old 29th April 2017, 11:26   #3033
BHPian

Hi guys, I am looking to update headlights and fog lights on my Ertiga ZDI+ SHVS. I have been looking through the internet to find answer but not able to. Can anyone tell me what is the connector type for both headlights and fog lights? Is it H4? My two options are these:

https://www.auxbeam.com/headlight-bulbs/H4/88621849 For Headlights
http://www.amazon.in/Osram-Breaker-6...=AT95IG9ONZD7S For Fog Lights

Please Suggest. Thank You!
Old 29th April 2017, 12:09   #3034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingyukeit View Post
Can anyone tell me what is the connector type for both headlights and fog lights? Is it H4? My two options are these:

https://www.auxbeam.com/headlight-bulbs/H4/88621849 For Headlights
http://www.amazon.in/Osram-Breaker-6...=AT95IG9ONZD7S For Fog Lights
Ertiga Headlights are H4 60/55W and fog lights are H8 35W. In the Osram bulb link mentioned in your post for fog lamp, image is of H4 bulb, description is probably of H11 which is 55W bulb. I was tempted to put H11 in my Swift which also has H8 as fog lamps. But didn't do it and wont be doing it without wiring kit.

Please refer automotive lighting thread here.
It has a lot of data and user experience.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 29th April 2017 at 12:10.
Old 29th April 2017, 13:32   #3035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I was tempted to put H11 in my Swift which also has H8 as fog lamps. But didn't do it and wont be doing it without wiring kit.
I have done this in My Ritz and now my Ertiga as wlhave 55w extreme vision H8/H11 fog bulbs; both setups are with out any wiring changes. It's been 4 years and no issues so far
Old 2nd May 2017, 10:05   #3036
Senior - BHPian

I use the high beam at lower position so that it can illuminate the road in visible range. I found the lower beams to be useless due to poor light on highway drives. High beams at higher position do nothing good but if you adjust the level to low, the high beams work just fine, except you need to see the blue high beam indicator on your speedometer panel. This way the opposite side drivers also do not get annoyed with real "high beam" from opposite side.
In any case, what is the easiest way to get the lamps replaced with higher wattage bulbs? What is the wiring needed and approx cost for the same? Not sure if I want to do that due to my work around but better to know that as well.
Old 2nd May 2017, 20:33   #3037
BHPian

Evening guys,

My Ertiga VDI is due for 60k servicing and I am considering to have it done by a private garage and not from a Maruti service center. I am not completely sure on the list of Maruti recommended servicing to do's for 60k servicing and the guys from the workshop wont share the small manual that they refer to for the same. Can anyone please help me with that information, if available, so that I can ensure the garage services on same lines?
Old 2nd May 2017, 21:33   #3038
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.S. View Post
... the guys from the workshop wont share the small manual that they refer to for the same.
Don't you have the owners manual with you?

The maintenance schedule in the owners manual mentions ALL the jobs that is to be performed at each and every service.

Why go hunting for the service manuals?!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 22:15   #3039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Don't you have the owners manual with you?

The maintenance schedule in the owners manual mentions ALL the jobs that is to be performed at each and every service.

Why go hunting for the service manuals?!
Pardon my ignorance. Sometimes I just don't think from where I should be . Thank you for the direction. I got it.
Old 2nd May 2017, 22:30   #3040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.S. View Post
Evening guys,

My Ertiga VDI is due for 60k servicing and I am considering to have it done by a private garage and not from a Maruti service center. I am not completely sure on the list of Maruti recommended servicing to do's for 60k servicing and the guys from the workshop wont share the small manual that they refer to for the same. Can anyone please help me with that information, if available, so that I can ensure the garage services on same lines?
Like Anurag mentioned above, your owners manual need to be referred for what to be done and service manual shows how those are done.

But experienced maruti mechanics mostly know what to do at each service interval.

Preferably you should use Maruti genuine spares only, purchased from a MGP retail outlet (not blindly trusting the mechanic).
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 15:17   #3041
BHPian

Is the Ertiga Limited Edition still On sale ? I was searching in Bangalore and was told it is stopped. Can anyone confirm.
Old 4th May 2017, 15:56   #3042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
Is the Ertiga Limited Edition still On sale ? I was searching in Bangalore and was told it is stopped. Can anyone confirm.
I was talking to my friend in sales of a major dealer and he mentioned that around 20 cars were allotted to them and they were sold in a week.
Old 11th May 2017, 14:48   #3043
BHPian

Hello everybody.
The rear tyres on my Ertiga have become weak and started leaking. I am considering changing 2 tyres for now. I want to move the two front tyres that are in fairly good condition to rear. The car came originally with Goodyear Duraplus tyres.
Can somebody please tell me the possible replacement tyre options with approximate prices. I am in Bangalore.
Checked with the local Bridgestone dealer and he has offered B290 @Rs.5200/tyre as one option. Any comments ?
Any Michelin option ?
I am thinking of going with one of these two. Or is there any better option ?
Thanks in advance.
Old 11th May 2017, 15:01   #3044
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting my Ertiga interior cleaning attempt here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
Hello everybody.
Can somebody please tell me the possible replacement tyre options with approximate prices. I am in Bangalore.
Please do a search in this thread and here, you will find information you are looking for

Last edited by arjithin : 11th May 2017 at 15:04.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 16:48   #3045
Senior - BHPian

Saw this overloaded Ertiga 2 days back. 7 Adults and few kids !!

No more suspension movement left !!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20170514_103027802.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20170514_103244100.jpg  

Most Viewed